Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Exposing False Teaching   » Billy Graham

Author Topic: Billy Graham
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Updated April 5, 1999 (first published 1993) (David W. Cloud, Fundamental Baptist Information Service, P.O. Box 610368, Port Huron, MI 48061-0368, fbns@wayoflife.org) – The following material is part one of a four-part series of articles documenting Evangelist Billy Graham’s relationship with the Roman Catholic Church.

"It is one thing to invite unconverted Roman Catholics to a gospel meeting to hear the gospel preached, but it is quite another matter to go to a meeting where Roman Catholics, and Roman Catholic priests that are still firmly in Rome, are preaching from the platform." --Christian News, June 26, 1988

Nothing more plainly evidences the bankruptcy of New Evangelicalism than its flirtations with Rome, and in this report we intend to trace this sad and serious matter.

Some do not believe we should deal with negative matters such as this. They do not believe we should name names and publicly expose the compromises of Christian leaders. But we must.

First, we must preach messages of this nature as a matter of obedience. The Lord Jesus Christ rebuked the apostates publicly (Matthew 23), and the Apostles followed in His footsteps. They rebuked and warned of false teachers and compromisers by name. Paul rebuked Peter publicly for his compromise of the truth (Gal. 2:9-14), then wrote it up in an Epistle for all of the churches to see. In the Pastoral Epistles alone, eight men are mentioned publicly for their errors (1 Tim. 1:19-20, 2 Tim. 1:15, 2:17, 4:10, 4:14-16). We are commanded to "preach the word ... reprove, rebuke, exhort..." (2 Tim. 4:2). This is a matter of obedience.

Second, we must preach messages of this nature because of concern for the gospel. Ecumenical relationships between Evangelicals and Catholics touches on the gospel. Rome preaches a sacramental gospel that is cursed of God and that leads people to Hell. The Council of Trent, reaffirmed by Vatican II, proclaimed, "If anyone shall say that justifying faith is nothing else than confidence in the divine mercy pardoning sins for Christ's sake, or that it is that confidence alone by which we are justified ... let him be accursed" (Canon 12). Rome is an avowed enemy of the New Testament faith.

Those who fellowship with Romanism put a stamp of approval--unwittingly, perhaps, but just as surely--upon the false gospel preached by their Roman Catholic friends.

When Billy Graham includes Catholics in his evangelistic crusades and sends inquirers to Catholic churches, those looking on are made to think that Roman Catholicism must be true Christianity. When Evangelical leaders fellowship with Rome, a climate is created whereby it is very difficult to preach that Catholics need to be saved and leave their apostate denomination. Ecumenical Evangelicals break down the walls between truth and error and muddy the waters of gospel work.

Ecumenical relationships are an exceedingly serious matter with eternally destructive consequences.

Any attempt to document the connection between Evangelicalism and the Roman Catholic Church must begin with Billy Graham because he is Evangelicalism’s foremost personality in the latter half of the twentieth century. Harold Ockenga said that Graham "on the mass level is the spokesman of the convictions and ideals of the New Evangelicalism" (John Ashbrook, New Neutralism II). An article in Christianity Today in 1992 noted, "It would be difficult to overestimate Billy Graham’s importance in the last 50 years of Evangelicalism. ... Graham personally embodied most of the characteristics of resurgent Evangelicalism. ... de-emphasizing doctrinal and denominational differences that often divided Christians. ... For Evangelicalism, Billy Graham has meant the reconstitution of a Christian fellowship transcending confessional lines--a grassroots ecumenism that regards denominational divisions as irrelevant rather than pernicious" ("Can Evangelicalism Survive Its Success?" Christianity Today, Oct. 5, 1992).

Ockenga and Christianity Today admit that when we look at Billy Graham, we are looking at New Evangelicalism, and the fact is that for almost fifty years Graham has cooperated with Rome.

Let me pause and reply to THE CHARGE THAT THOSE WHO WARN OF GRAHAM’S COMPROMISE HATE HIM. Those who are opposed to biblical separation have often charged us with this, but it is slanderous and untrue. By no means do we hate Dr. Graham. I grew up in a Southern Baptist home and always loved to hear Billy Graham preach on the radio and television during my youth. I still get a thrill when I hear his voice. I have often prayed for the man, and I have often asked the Lord why a man who has preached the Gospel to so many people would so compromise the Gospel to refuse to identify and avoid false teachers. Dr. Graham’s preaching was partially instrumental in the salvation of my wife and her mother. They heard Graham on television in Alaska in the early 1960s, were stirred to seek the Lord, found a little Baptist church, and were led to Christ by the pastor of that church. I stand before the Lord tonight as I write this. He knows that I do not hate Billy Graham. I am brokenhearted over his compromise. I have shed many tears over the confusion that has been wrought by his unscriptural methodology, and I refuse to keep my mouth shut when the very Gospel of Jesus Christ is at stake. It is better to obey God than man, my dear friends. This is serious business. Paul did not hesitate to rebuke Peter publicly for his compromise and hypocrisy because he was confusing the Gospel in the minds of the observers (Galatians 2:11-14). I realize that I am not Paul, but God has told me to earnestly contend for the faith (Jude 3), and that is what I intend to do.

When Graham first began his evangelistic ministry, he preached against Modernism, Catholicism, and Communism; but he soon dropped the negative content of his preaching and adopted a tolerant, neutral, positive approach to the ministry. In so doing, he rejected the Bible, because the Bible is not a tolerant, neutral, positive-only type of Book.

WHEN DID GRAHAM’S COMPROMISE BEGIN?

Billy Graham’s compromise and disobedience began very early in his ministry. He was born in 1918 into a Presbyterian home. He claims to have been saved under the preaching of Baptist evangelist Mordecai Ham in 1934. He graduated from high school in May 1936 and attended Bob Jones College (which later became Bob Jones University) in the fall. He switched to Florida Bible Institute after only one semester, because he did not like the strict discipline. He notes in his biography that "one thing that thrilled me [about Florida Bible Institute] was the diversity of viewpoints we were exposed to in the classroom, a wondrous blend of ecumenical and evangelical thought that was really ahead of its time" (Graham, Just As I Am, p. 46). It was during his time in Florida that Graham felt the call to preach. In late 1938, he was baptized by immersion into a Baptist church; and in early 1939, he was ordained to preach by a Southern Baptist congregation. Graham graduated from the Florida Bible Institute in May 1940, and started at Wheaton College that September, graduating from there in 1943. Graham pastored the Western Springs Baptist Church during the last year at Wheaton and for about a year after his graduation. In May 1944, he began preaching for the newly formed Chicagoland Youth for Christ, and in January 1945, he was appointed the first full-time evangelist for Youth for Christ International. He was president of Northwestern Schools (founded by W.B. Riley) from December 1947 to February 1952, though he continued to travel and preach for Youth for Christ and then independently. The Billy Graham Evangelistic Association was formed in 1950 and the Hour of Decision radio broadcasts began that same year. Graham conducted his first citywide crusade in Grand Rapids, Michigan, in September 1947. His October 1948 crusade in Augusta, Georgia, marked the beginning of an openly ecumenical program. It was the first one that was sponsored by the city ministerial association. The Graham organization began demanding broad denominational support for his crusades. During Graham’s 1949 Los Angeles crusade, his ministry began to receive national press coverage. Graham’s final rift with most Fundamentalist leaders did not occur until 1957, though. This was brought about by the open sponsorship of the liberal Protestant Church Council in New York City. The Graham crusade committee in New York included 120 Modernists who denied the infallibility of Scripture. The wife of Modernist Norman Vincent Peale headed up the women’s prayer groups for the Crusade. Modernists like Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., sat on the platform and led in prayer. In the National Observer, Dec. 30, 1963, King said the virgin birth of Christ was "a mythological story" created by the early Christians. In Ebony magazine, January 1961, King said: "I do not believe in hell as a place of a literal burning fire."

THE COMPROMISE BEGAN MUCH EARLIER THAN 1957, THOUGH. AS EARLY AS 1944, BILLY GRAHAM WAS BEFRIENDED BY ONE OF THE MOST INFLUENTIAL CATHOLIC LEADERS IN AMERICA, FULTON SHEEN. When Sheen died in December 1979, Graham testified that he had "known him as a friend for over 35 years" (Religious News Service, Dec. 11, 1979). Fulton Sheen was a faithful son of Rome. In his book Treasure in Clay, Sheen said that one of his spiritual secrets was to offer Mass every Saturday "in honor of the Blessed Mother to solicit her protection of my priesthood." Sheen devoted an entire chapter of his biography to Mary, "The Woman I Love." He said, "When I was ordained, I took a resolution to offer the Holy Sacrifice of the Eucharist every Saturday to the Blessed Mother ... All this makes me very certain that when I go before the Judgment Seat of Christ, He will say to me in His Mercy: ‘I heard My Mother speak of you.’ During my life I have made about thirty pilgrimages to the shrine of Our Lady of Lourdes and about ten to her shrine in Fatima" (Fulton J. Sheen, Treasure in Clay, p. 317).

In his autobiography, Graham describes the first meeting with Sheen, though he doesn’t give the exact date. He says he was traveling on a train from Washington to New York and was just drifting off to sleep when Sheen knocked on the sleeping compartment and asked to "come in for a chat and a prayer" (Graham, Just As I Am, p. 692). Graham says: "We talked about our ministries and our common commitment to evangelism, and I told him how grateful I was for his ministry and his focus on Christ. … We talked further and we prayed; and by the time he left, I felt as if I had known him all my life." Thus, Graham claims now that he accepted Fulton Sheen’s sacramental gospel as the truth even in those days. There is a serious problem with this, though. There was a deception in this. While Graham was meeting with Fulton Sheen and befriending him as a fellow evangelist, Graham was assuring fundamentalist leaders, such as Bob Jones Sr. and John R. Rice, that he was opposed to Catholicism and that he was a separatist and a Fundamentalist. It is obvious, though, that Billy Graham never was committed to that in his heart.

When Graham met Sheen in 1944, it was three years before his first citywide crusade. Graham had started preaching for Youth for Christ in 1944 and was an unknown young man. Why would a man as famous as Fulton Sheen go out of his way to befriend an insignificant young fundamental Baptist preacher like Billy Graham? Graham was only eight years out of high school at the time.

Boston’s Archbishop Richard Cushing also "exercised a special influence over Billy Graham beginning in 1950. Cushing printed ‘BRAVO BILLY’ on the front of his diocesan paper during the January 1950 campaign. In an interview in 1991, Graham referred to this as one of the highlights of his ministry:

"Another significant thing happened in the early ‘50s in Boston. Cardinal Cushing, in his magazine, The Pilot, put ‘BRAVO BILLY’ on the front cover. That made news all over the country. He and I became close, wonderful friends. That was my first real coming to grips with the whole Protestant/Catholic situation. I began to realize that there were Christians everywhere. They might be called modernists, Catholics, or whatever, but they were Christians" (Bookstore Journal, Nov. 1991).

By the end of 1950, Graham had formed a permanent team of staff members who arranged his meetings. Willis Haymaker was the front man who would go into cities and set up the organizational structure necessary to operate the crusades. One of his duties even in those early days was as follows: "He would also call on the local Catholic bishop or other clerics to acquaint them with Crusade plans and invite them to the meetings; they would usually appoint a priest to attend and report back. This was years before Vatican II’s openness to Protestants, but WE WERE CONCERNED TO LET THE CATHOLIC BISHOPS SEE THAT MY GOAL WAS NOT TO GET PEOPLE TO LEAVE THEIR CHURCH; rather, I wanted them to commit their lives to Christ" (Graham, Just As I Am, p. 163).

In his 1997 autobiography, Graham acknowledged that he began to draw close to Rome very early in his ministry:

"At that time [March 1950], Protestantism in New England was weak, due in part to theological differences within some denominations, the influence of Unitarian ideas in other denominations, and the strength of the Roman Catholic Church. In spite of all that, a number of Roman Catholic priests and Unitarian clergy, together with some of their parishioners, came to the meetings along with those from Evangelical churches. With my limited Evangelical background, this was a further expansion of my own ecumenical outlook. I now began to make friends among people from many different backgrounds and to develop a spiritual love for their clergy" (Graham, Just As I Am, p. 167).

Need I remind my readers that the Catholic and Unitarian and Modernist "clergy" that Graham learned to love in the late 1940s and early 1950s were men who denied the very faith that Graham claimed to believe. The Catholic clergy that Graham loved denied that salvation is through the grace of Christ alone by faith alone without works or sacraments and they denied, further, that the Bible is the sole authority for faith and practice. The Modernist clergy that Graham loved denied that the Bible is the infallible Word of God and questioned or openly denied the virgin birth, miracles, vicarious atonement, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. The Unitarian clergy that Dr. Graham loved were men who denied the Godhead and blood atonement of Jesus Christ and who scoffed at the infallibility of the Holy Bible. Why did Graham not rather love those who were in danger of being deceived by these wicked false teachers enough to warn them of these men? Why did he not rather love God’s Word enough to stand against its enemies? Why did he not rather love the Christ of the Bible enough to reject those who had rejected Him? Graham’s love was motivated in the wrong direction. He loved the false shepherds, but he did not love the sheep that were led to eternal ruin by these shepherds.

It is obvious that false teachers like Fulton Sheen and Richard Cushing had a strong influence on the young evangelist. He was also influenced by theological Modernists. In a lecture to the Union Theological Seminary in February 1954, Graham testified that the year previous he had locked himself into a room in New York City for an entire day with Jesse Bader and John Sutherland Bonnell, that he might ask them questions and receive their counsel. By this action, Graham was actually locking himself into a room with the Devil, because these men were certainly the Devil’s ministers (2 Cor. 11:13-15). Bader and Bonnell were both rank liberals who denied many doctrines of the New Testament faith. Bader was secretary of the radical National Council of Churches. In an article in Look magazine (March 23, 1954), Bonnell stated that he and most other Presbyterian ministers did not believe in the virgin birth and the bodily resurrection of Christ, the inspiration of Scripture, a literal heaven and hell, and other doctrines.

God warned Graham to mark and avoid those who teach contrary to apostolic truth (Rom. 16:17). He warned him that error is like a canker (2 Tim. 2:16-18) and like a leaven (Gal. 5:9), that "evil communications corrupt good manners" (1 Cor. 15:33), but he ignored the warning.

By 1950, Billy Graham had so fallen under the power of Catholicism that he turned to it for solace during an illness. During his 1950 New England campaign, Graham fell sick for several days in Hartford, Connecticut. Executive Secretary Gerald Beavan "stayed at his bedside and read to him from Bishop Fulton Sheen’s Peace of Soul" (Wilson Ewin, The Assimilation of Evangelist Billy Graham into the Roman Catholic Church). We have seen that Sheen was a great lover of Mary and was certain of God’s mercy only because of his devotion to Mary. Why would a young fundamental Baptist preacher turn to the writings of such a man for comfort?

Graham began holding citywide meetings in 1948. As early as 1950 there were rumors that Graham was cooperating with Catholics.

In 1950 Dr. Robert Ketcham of the General Association of Regular Baptist Churches came across a newspaper article indicating that Graham expected Catholics and Jews to cooperate in a revival in Oregon and another which reported that Graham had turned over decision cards to Roman Catholic churches. Ketcham promptly sent a letter of inquiry to Billy himself. His letter brought him a strong rebuke from Graham’s executive secretary, Jerry Beavan. Part of Beavan’s reply was as follows:

‘For example, you asked if Billy Graham had invited Roman Catholics and Jews to cooperate in the evangelistic meetings. SUCH A THOUGHT, EVEN IF THE REPORTER DID SUGGEST IT AS HAVING COME FROM MR. GRAHAM, SEEMS RIDICULOUS TO ME. SURELY YOU MUST KNOW THAT IT IS NOT TRUE. ... FURTHER, THAT YOU SHOULD GIVE ANY CREDENCE TO THE IDEA THAT MR. GRAHAM WOULD EVER TURN OVER ANY DECISION CARDS TO THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH SEEMS INCONCEIVABLE’ (John Ashbrook, New Neutralism II).

Graham was soon openly doing what Mr. Beavan labeled "ridiculous" and "inconceivable." On Sept. 6, 1952, reporter William McElwain, writing for the Pittsburgh Sun-Telegraph, remarked on Graham’s ecumenical activities with Rome:

Graham stressed that his crusade in Pittsburgh would be interdenominational. He said that he hopes to hear Bishop Fulton J. Sheen at one of the Masses at St. Paul’s Cathedral tomorrow. Graham said, ‘Many of the people who have reached a decision for Christ at our meetings have joined the Catholic church and we have received commendations from Catholic publications for the revived interest in their church following one of our campaigns. This happened both in Boston and Washington. After all, one of our prime purposes is to help the churches in a community.’

It doesn’t sound to me that Dr. Ketcham’s aforesaid questions were ridiculous. Graham publicly admitted he was already turning seekers over to the Catholic Church in the early 1950s.

In an interview with the Religious News Service in 1986, the 67-year-old Billy Graham admitted that his ministry was deliberately ecumenical even in the early days. He told the interviewer that one of his "very close advisers and friends" was Dr. Jesse Bader, a liberal Disciples of Christ clergyman who was secretary of the radical National Council of Churches (Christian News, March 31, 1986).

Since then, Graham has moved ever closer into fellowship with Roman Catholicism and Modernism. As John Ashbrook, author of New Neutralism II: Exposing the Gray of Compromise, notes, "Compromise takes a man farther than he intends to go." The Bible warns that "evil communications corrupt good manners" (1 Cor. 15:33).

How have Graham’s ecumenical relationships affected him? The January 1978, issue of McCall’s magazine contained an interview with Graham by James Michael Beam. Graham admitted his change in thinking:

"I am far more tolerant of other kinds of Christians than I once was. My contact with Catholic, Lutheran and other leaders--people far removed from my own Southern Baptist tradition--has helped me, hopefully, to move in the right direction. I’ve found that my beliefs are essentially the same as those of orthodox Roman Catholics, for instance. They believe in the Virgin Birth, and so do I. They believe in the Resurrection of Jesus and the coming judgment of God, and so do I. We only differ on some matters of later church tradition."

This is strange talk. The errors of the Roman Catholic Church are not mere matters of "later church tradition." Roman Catholicism is the utter perversion of the gospel and of the New Testament church by the intermingling of biblical truth with paganism and Judaism. Rome’s false sacramental gospel of grace plus works requires that we label it cursed of God (Gal. 1:6-10); but Dr. Graham long ago determined to look upon Roman Catholicism as true Christianity, and he has led multitudes astray by that decision.

GRAHAM WAS WARNED MANY TIMES

Some of my readers have asked if I have personally warned Billy Graham about his disobedience. The answer is no, I have not. I have no means of doing so. All of Graham’s correspondence is filtered through his massive organization. I do not have the ear of Billy Graham. I don’t need to warn Graham, though. That has been done repeatedly by men who have had the opportunity to do so. We need to state emphatically that Dr. Billy Graham has been warned many times for his disobedience to God’s Word. In the early days of his compromise, Graham was warned repeatedly by prominent Christian leaders such as Bob Jones, Sr., John R. Rice, Robert Shuler, G. Archer Weniger, James Bennet, Carl McIntire, Bryce Augsburger, Charles Woodbridge, and Robert Ketcham.

IT MUST BE REMEMBERED THAT BILLY GRAHAM WAS PLAINLY IDENTIFIED AS A FUNDAMENTALIST WHEN HE BEGAN PREACHING. As already noted, he attended the staunch Fundamentalist Bob Jones College and counted himself one of Dr. Bob Jones, Sr.’s preacher boys. Graham associate Cliff Barrows was a Bob Jones graduate. Graham interviewed Dr. Bob Jones, Jr., on his Hour of Decision radio broadcast in December 1951, and concluded by saying: "It’s wonderful in these days of secular and materialistic education to see a great University that stands for the Gospel of Jesus Christ, not only old-fashioned Americanism that we so desperately need today, but is injecting into our society your men and women that take their stand for the Gospel of Jesus Christ." Graham, who has been called "Mr. Facing Two Ways," was already moving in a completely different direction from Bob Jones even as he was uttering this effusive praise. Graham was also on the Cooperating Board of Dr. John R. Rice’s The Sword of the Lord. From December 1947 to 1952, Graham was also president of Northwestern Schools (founded by famous Fundamentalist leader William Bell Riley) and was editor of that school’s Fundamentalist publication, The Pilot, the masthead of which boldly proclaimed a "militant stand against Modernism in every form." During his early years, Graham was awarded honorary doctorates from Northwestern and Bob Jones.

Consider some of the men who personally pleaded with Graham to turn from his unscriptural path:

JAMES BENNET was a prominent New York attorney and Bible teacher who knew Graham from the time he graduated from Wheaton. He encouraged Graham during the early years of his ministry, but when Graham began openly yoking together with Modernists and Catholics, Bennet attempted to turn him from this error. He met with Graham in New York City before the 1954 crusade and pleaded with him not to proceed with his ecumenical plans. When Graham refused to obey the Word of God, Bennet resigned from the campaign invitation committee and wrote a public warning about the direction Graham was pursuing (James E. Bennet, "The Billy Graham New York Crusade: Why I Cannot Support It," A Ministry of Disobedience, Collingswood, NJ: Christian Beacon Press, May-September 1957).

James Bennet lovingly warned Billy Graham.

DR. JOHN R. RICE, editor of the influential Sword of the Lord weekly Fundamental Baptist paper, also supported Graham during his early years. In fact, Graham was on the Cooperating Board of the Sword. Dr. Rice was a very loving and gracious Christian gentleman, and he pleaded with the young Billy Graham to turn from his ecumenical adventures. In her biography of John Rice, Viola Walden, who was Rice’s faithful secretary for 46 years, testified that Dr. Rice greatly loved Graham and repeatedly tried to reason with him (Walden, John R. Rice, pp. 164-167). Graham and Rice met in Scotland in 1955, and Graham assured the elder evangelist:

"I have promised God I will never have on my committee working in an active way in any of my campaigns men who do not believe in the virgin birth of Christ, who do not believe in the blood atonement of Jesus Christ, who do not believe in the verbal inspiration of the Bible--these men will never be on my committee. I have promised God" (Graham, cited by Pastor Roland Rasmussen, Reasons Why I Cannot Support Billy Graham, chapel message delivered at Bob Jones University, Feb. 15, 1966).

As it became obvious that Graham was not following his own counsel but was pursuing the ecumenical course, Rice met with him again and urged him to obey the Bible: Dr. Rice referred to this occasion in an article a couple of years later: "I visited Dr. Graham in his own home in Montreat, North Carolina, by his invitation, and we talked earnestly on such matters" (John Rice, Sword of the Lord, June 20, 1958).

Graham, of course, did not listen, and John Rice publicly disassociated himself and the Sword from the young evangelist in 1957. Viola Walden notes that far from having a mean attitude toward Graham, Dr. Rice "prayed regularly [for Graham] even long after denouncing his compromise" and "rejoiced over the many saved in Dr. Graham’s crusades" (Walden, pp. 166,167).

John R. Rice lovingly warned Billy Graham.

DR. BOB JONES, SR., first met Billy Graham when the elder evangelist came to Charlotte, North Carolina, for an evangelistic meeting during Graham’s senior year in high school. Billy’s father, Frank, was impressed with Jones and wanted his son to attend Bob Jones College in Tennessee. (The school moved to Greensville, South Carolina, in 1946, and the name was changed to Bob Jones University.) Billy did attend Bob Jones the fall after he graduated from high school (1936), but he did not fit in well with the strict disciplinary atmosphere and he soon moved on to the Florida Bible Institute and then to Wheaton in 1940 (from whence he graduated--with a degree in anthropology!). Dr. Bob Jones supported Graham during his early years, and Graham even wrote to Jones to say that he got his evangelistic burden at Bob Jones College and he wanted to be called one of Dr. Jones’s "preacher boys" (Bob Jones, Sr., letter to a supporter, March 6, 1957). As Graham began to launch out on his career of yoking together with false teachers, Dr. Jones corresponded with him and reproved him for his compromise. At first, Graham claimed that he had no intention of working with Modernists or Catholics. On June 3, 1952, Graham told Jones, "The modernists do not support us anywhere." It was not long, though, before Graham openly practiced what he privately denied. His 1954 New York Crusade included 120 Modernists on the committee.

Bob Jones, Sr. lovingly warned Billy Graham.

DR. CHARLES WOODBRIDGE was another prominent Christian leader who attempted to correct Billy Graham. Woodbridge was a professor at Fuller Theological Seminary and a member of the National Association of Evangelicals before he rejected the New Evangelicalism that was taking over in that day and separated himself from this false philosophy. Woodbridge was a highly educated Presbyterian, with an MA from Princeton, a Ph.D. from Duke, and further studies at Berlin and Marburg Universities in Germany and the Sorbonne in Paris. In his classic book The New Evangelicalism, Woodbridge relates a visit that Graham made to his home in 1958:

"Dr. Graham came to my home in Altadena, California, in 1958 to chat with me about these things. We talked for two hours. I pointed out to him Romans 16:17. I did my best to persuade him to come out from among unbelievers, so far as the conduct of his campaigns was concerned. But to no avail" (Woodbridge, The New Evangelicalism, 1970, p. 44).

Charles Woodbridge lovingly warned Billy Graham.

JACK WYRTZEN, founder of Word of Life, also warned Graham. The following testimony is from a pastor who witnessed one of the meetings in which Fundamentalist leaders tried to correct Billy Graham:

"In 1957, I sat in a meeting where Jack Wyrtzen and Dr. Woodbridge spoke face to face with Billy Graham about his compromise and the direction he was heading away from Fundamentalism. Billy Graham was at Word of Life Inn for two days of meetings near Schroon Lake, New York. That fall was the 'great New York Crusade.' It was following that meeting that both Dr. Woodbridge and Jack Wyrtzen stopped all support and fellowship with Billy Graham. Dr. Wyrtzen spoke to the staff of WOL regarding his reasons for pulling away from Graham. I was a young Christian at the time (saved at Word of Life on June 24, 1956, at 19 years of age.) It was the next year that Dr. Woodbridge broke fellowship with Dr. Graham for the same reasons" (E-mail dated Feb. 27, 1999, from Pastor Bob Welch, D. Min, Collegegate Baptist Church, Anchorage, Alaska).

Jack Wyrtzen lovingly warned Billy Graham. (Later, Wyrtzen would travel the ecumenical path himself.)

DR. ROBERT KETCHAM was the leader of the General Association of Regular Baptist Churches in 1950 when he saw some news clippings stating that Graham was working with Jews and Catholics in his meetings and was turning decision cards over to Catholic parishes. Ketcham wrote immediately to Graham and asked if the reports were true. The reply from Graham’s executive secretary, Jerry Beavan, included the following:

‘For example, you asked if Billy Graham had invited Roman Catholics and Jews to cooperate in the evangelistic meetings. SUCH A THOUGHT, EVEN IF THE REPORTER DID SUGGEST IT AS HAVING COME FROM MR. GRAHAM, SEEMS RIDICULOUS TO ME. SURELY YOU MUST KNOW THAT IT IS NOT TRUE. ... FURTHER, THAT YOU SHOULD GIVE ANY CREDENCE TO THE IDEA THAT MR. GRAHAM WOULD EVER TURN OVER ANY DECISION CARDS TO THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH SEEMS INCONCEIVABLE’ (John Ashbrook, New Neutralism II).

It was not long until Beavan’s reply was proven a deception. Graham was intent upon working with Modernistic and Catholic and Jewish leaders, and he was intending to turn decision cards over to the same. The point here, though, is that Dr. Ketcham approached Billy Graham directly about this matter.

Robert Ketcham lovingly warned Billy Graham.

Another Christian leader who warned Graham was the late WILSON EWIN, longtime missionary to Roman Catholic-dominated Quebec. Graham cannot say that Ewin did not understand Roman Catholicism or Catholic evangelism. Unlike Graham, who travels from place to place and preaches largely in formal, organized settings, then returns to the seclusion of his hotel suite, Ewin lived among Roman Catholics and worked with them as a pastor and evangelist day by day, month by month, decade after decade. He dedicated his book You Can Lead Roman Catholics to Christ to "the salvation of dear Roman Catholics whom I love and for whom our Saviour died and shed His Blood."

"For twenty years, I have watched the crusades and ministry of Dr. Billy Graham. In fact, Ruth [Ewin’s wife] and I sang in the choir and were counselors in one of the Graham crusades. Many letters were written to Billy expressing grave concern about his illicit affair with the Roman Catholic system. I even visited his evangelistic headquarters in Minneapolis to alert the Graham Organization about its overt compromise with Roman Catholicism. Graham has indeed allowed the truth to fall into the street through his ecumenical ministry" (Wilson Ewin, prayer letter announcing his book The Assimilation of Evangelist Billy Graham into the Roman Catholic Church, January 1993).

Wilson Ewin lovingly warned Billy Graham.

These are only a few of the men who have attempted to reprove Graham for his error. In fact, Graham mentions these warnings in his biography.

"Much more painful to me, however, was the opposition from some of the leading fundamentalists. Most of them I knew personally, and even if I did not agree with them on every detail, I greatly admired them and respected their commitment to Christ. Many also had been among our strongest supporters in the early years of our public ministry. Their criticisms hurt immensely, nor could I shrug them off as the objections of people who rejected the basic tenets of the Christian faith or who opposed evangelism of any type" (Graham, Just As I Am, p. 302).

Graham goes on to call the criticism "harsh." He also claims that the men who criticised him demonstrated "a lack of love," but the disobedient always say that no matter how tender and loving the rebukes are. They always confuse correction with persecution. It is human nature to do that, and it raises a smokescreen to hide the real issues. Reproof is never an easy thing to receive (nor to give!), and it always seems to be unloving to those who refuse to accept it. Further, one can always find some fault in the reprover, because he or she is also a sinner. Proverbs teaches that one’s attitude toward biblical reproof exposes the condition of the heart.

"He is in the way of life that keepeth instruction: but he that refuseth reproof erreth" (Prov. 10:17).

"The ear that heareth the reproof of life abideth among the wise. He that refuseth instruction despiseth his own soul: but he that heareth reproof getting understanding" (Prov. 16:32).

Billy Graham does not have a good attitude toward biblical reproof. He has refused to turn from the path of plain disobedience, and he slanders those who have loved him and God’s Word enough to attempt to correct him.

Billy Graham was warned. He has had many opportunities to repent. Sadly, he has clung steadfastly to the course of disobedience to God’s Word.

SEE PART 2 OF 4 "BILLY GRAHAM AND ROME"

http://www.wayoflife.org/fbns/grahamrome1.htm

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RioLion
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
test
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BILLY GRAHAM WORSHIPS
THE MASONIC PHALLIC GOD

LET BILLY GRAHAM SPEAK FOR HIMSELF

The following are quotes from Billy Graham:

Billy Graham has called Pope John Paul II, "...the world's greatest evangelist." Add the fact that Graham praises occult witches.

Graham has taken an honorary degree from Belmont Abbey in 1967. His comment about the honor was that he, "...knew of no greater honor" then receiving this degree. He said at that time. "The Gospel that built this school and the Gospel that brings me here tonight is still the way of salvation." From this, we may conclude that the Gospel of Billy Graham in 1967 and onward was the Gospel of the Roman Catholic Antichrist ***** Church. This explains all the slippage since 1967. He inhaled the incense, and he is now the Pope's disciple.

Billy Graham receiving honorary degree from Catholic Belmont Abbey

What does Billy Graham say about the Pope today?

United Church Observer, July 1, 1966- "While I certainly believe that Jesus Christy was born of a virgin, I do not find anywhere in the New Testament that the particular belief is necessary for personal salvation."

The Star, April 10, 1979- I've never cast the demon out of anyone. I don't have the power, and I'm not sure anyone does."

March 8, 1979- National Enquirer- Regarding the Pope, Graham said, "He'll be warmly greeted because he's such a down-to-earth, fun-loving man who creates friends wherever he goes. I firmly feel Pope John Paul II will be the most respected pope of the century and he'll become the moral leader of the world." That is a mouthful folks.

National Enquirer, Aug. 9, 1983- Graham gives six steps to be a winner. It is curious that in the Bible six is the number of man and sin. "1. Set your personal goals high. 2. Appreciate yourself. 3. Make honesty and integrity key words in your life. 4. Be sensitive to the needs and feelings of others. 5. Don't be afraid to make mistakes. 6. Have the courage to change things in your life." Not one word about salvation or the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

August 20, 1988- AP- "Graham said he had received, 'wonderful support' from Catholic, as well as mainline Protestant bodies and black churches. "People really came out in numbers..."

Nov. 21, 1988- Christian News- Graham was the main speaker at the dedication of Oral Roberts buildings. This paper also notes how Graham, who blasted Communism in the 1950s, sanctioned the Communist / Greek Orthodox hierarchy over all religion in the USSR.

Saturday Evening Post, Jan/Feb, 1979- Graham wrote an article for the SEP called, "The Pilgrim Pope: Builder of Bridges" In the article Graham wrote, "In a world dangerously poised on the brink of nuclear disaster, the exhortations of Pope John Paul II must be heeded if our children and grandchildren are to have a future... The words of the Pope in his role as statesman must continue to challenge us and lead us to action..." "The Pope sought to speak to the spiritual hunger of our age in the same way Christians throughout the centuries have spoken to the spiritual yearnings of every age-- by pointing people to Christ." "During his visit to America, Pope John Paul II was indeed a bridge builder, and that is something our divided world desperately needs." Billy Graham then called the Pope, "the moral leader of the world." Graham promised, my "prayers will be with the Pontiff during his visit here."

Also in the National Enquirer in 1979, Graham predicted, "Major medical discoveries, including an arthritis cure and dazzling methods to slow aging. Exciting new building materials that will enable every man to build an incredibly inexpensive dream house. In the same article, Graham said regarding the Pope's recent visit to America, "The way our great nation welcomed the Pontiff into its heart is a clear sign to me that we are spiritually hungry for a new era of morality and stable family life."

Graham's comment to US News and World Report, Dec. 19, 1988- "World travel and getting to know clergy of all denominations has helped mold me into an ecumenical being. We're separated by theology..., but all of that means nothing to me any more."

Circa 1989- An ad appeared in a Christian magazine promoting Robert Schuler's Film Workshops. Graham was the one endorsing the workshops. The churches where Self-Love promoter Schuler was to appear were, Hutchinson Kansas Ministerial association, United Methodist, Central College- United Presbyterian, St. Edwards Confessor Episcopal, Chardon Assembly of God, Angelus Temple- Four Square, and Emmanuel Reformed Church of America. All of these are ecumenical in the extreme.

British Broadcasting Corporation interview- July 6, 1989- Program call "World Affairs"- Graham said his early concept of hell was that of Dante's Inferno. Today, Graham thinks hell is merely separation from God. He said he didn't believe we can merge the world's religions, but Graham said he believes there is truth in all religions. When asked is he had mellowed toward the Roman Catholic Church, Graham said, "No, the Roman Catholic Church has mellowed toward me." When asked is he was a Liberal or ecumenical, Graham said, "I feel closer to the Roman Catholic Church than I do to some Protestants."

Regarding Graham's stupid cover statements for the Marxists in the USSR circa 1982, it is only fair to say that he later retracted them in substance, but the damage in the USSR to churches was not cured.

Rocky Mountain News- July 25, 1987- The editor wrote, "Many Roman Catholics walked the aisles during Graham's 1965 crusade. In the a987 crusade, which ends tomorrow, Catholics were waiting to help Catholics express their new and renewed faith in their Mother Church." A true Bible believer who loves souls could not read a more depressing thing.

Letter from Rev. Michael Seed, Ecumenical advisor to Cardinal Hume, London, England, 1989: "Some 2100 Catholics 'went forward' at the Missions evenings in London which was excellent-- from nearly all our Parishes in Westminster... Billy Graham has helped our (Roman Catholic) Church greatly and many have 'renewed' their faith under his great ministry."

A quote about Billy Graham. Quoted in US News and World Report, March 4, 1991, Richard Mouw of Fuller Theological Seminary states that Billy Graham is, "probably the most important ecumenical figure alive."

Book by PhD Carol George, God's Salesmen, Oxford Press, 1992, the author reports: On August 18, 1960, Billy Graham called a top secret conference of 25 hand chosen guests to Mintreaux, Switzerland, and they discussed how they could block the election of John F. Kennedy. The most prominent guest was Norman Vincent Peale. The men were later embarrassed when the conference was exposed. We note one interesting fact- Norman Vincent in 1960, and Billy Graham later, were 33rd Degree Freemasons, while John F. Kennedy was never a Freemason. Interesting to say the least.

Letter from Billy Graham to Jean Dixon supplied by Alice Bremmer, Personal assistant to Dixon for many years:

Begin letter
BILLY GRAHAM

Dear Mrs. Dixon:

Thank you for your good letter of February 18, (year unknown). I am sorry for the delay in answering, but I have been in the West Indies and am leaving in a few days for Puerto Rico where I will be conducting a series of meetings.

Indeed, my wife and I have followed your writings with the greatest possible interest. In several of my sermons I have quoted from A GIFT OF PROPHECY. We have heard from several mutual friends that you are indeed a woman of God, and we thank God for you.

Recently, in Jamaica, we became acquainted with Mr. and Mrs. Buchanan, whom I believe you know. They have promised to give us the joy and thrill of meeting you on some future trip to Washington. The Jean Dixon Special Receipt is excellent.

With warmest personal greetings, I am

Cordially Yours,

Billy Graham

End of letter

Satanic prophet and fortune teller Jean Dixon recently went to her reward, and she was warmly received I am sure. How is it that Jean Dixon was "a woman of God" to Billy Graham? He had to know her preference for Satan over Jehovah.

THE SUBJECT WHICH TERRIFIES BILLY GRAHAM
Billy Graham is a Freemason:
We also have reports from Australia and from a converted 33rd degree Freemason named Jim S____, that Graham is a 33rd degree Freemason. Jim S____ was initiated into Freemasonry with Billy Graham and former President Ronald Reagan at the Washington DC lodge.
Freemasonry knows who its goddess is. It is Lilith, the primal goddess of Sumer and Babel. This goddess is said by Kabbalist Jews to be the wife of Satan, but she is now shacking up with Elohim, and when Elohim gets tired of her He will go back to Shakhina, His real wife. At that time the Kingdom will be established by Messiah, whom the Freemasons claim is the vaginal alter to Elohim, the Phallic god. Lillith is the symbol at the front of all Masonic temples and has the words under it, "We come to Worship." Lillith is represented by the inverted pentagram star as the logo of the Eastern Star of Freemasonry's ladies' club.

We do not know if Mrs.Graham is a member of the Eastern Star, so the contrary must be assumed.

A reader of this page in the USA has also managed to acquire hard evidence to prove Billy Graham is a 33rd degree Freemason. If Billy Graham is a 33rd degree Freemason, and I personally believe the converts out of Freemasonry who claim this, then his god is the male organ. That is the doctrine of Freemasonry from the Prince Adept Degree and up. Also, at the 30th degree and up, Lucifer has been exalted above Christ since circa 1894. Here is the quote from Morals and Dogma, Albert Pike, Supreme Pontiff, Southeast District, North Carolina, 1890. This is the definitive doctrinal manual found in virtually every Masonic lodge in the world.

Morals and Dogma, 28th Degree, called Knight of the Sun, or Prince Adept, Page771-772

NIGHT OF THE SUN, OR PRINCE ADEPT

[ This editor's notes are in these brackets. ]

Unity can only be manifested by the Binary. Unity itself and the idea of Unity are already two. The human unity is made complete by the right and left. The primitive man was of both sexes. The Divinity, one in its essence, has two essential conditions as fundamental bases of its existence--Necessity and Liberty.

The laws of the Supreme Reason necessitate and regulate liberty in God, who is necessarily reasonable and wise.

Knowledge supposes the binary. An object known is indispensable to the being that knows.

The binary is the generator of Society and the law. It is also the number of the gnosis, a word adopted in lieu of Science and expressing only the idea of cognizance by intuition. It is Unity, multiplying itself by itself to create; and therefore it is that the Sacred Symbols make Eve issue from the very chest of Adam.

Adam is the human Tetragram, which is summed up in the' mysterious Yod of the Kabalah, image of the Kabalistic Phallus. Add to this Yod [ Phallus ], the ternary name of Eve, and you form the name of Jehovah, the Divine Tetragramn, the transcendent Kabalistic and magical word:

[ What follows is ALL sexual and filthy. ]

Thus it is that Unity, complete in the fecundity of the Ternary, forms, with it, the Quaternary, which is the key of all numbers, movements, and forms.

The Square, turning upon itself, produces the circle equal to itself, and the circular movement of four equal angles turning around one point, is the quadrature of the circle.

The Binary serves as a measure for Unity; and the relation of equality between the Above and the Below, forms with them the Ternary.

To us, Creation is Mechanism: to the Ancients it was Generation. The world-producing egg figures in all cosmogonies; and modern science has discovered that all animal production is oviparous. From this idea of generation came the reverence everywhere paid the image of generative power [ sexual reproduction ], which formed the Stauros [ male organ ] of the Gnostics, and the philosophical Cross of the Masons. [ Thus, the cross of all Masons is the male organ. ]

Aleph is the man; Beth is the woman; One is the Principle. Two is the Word. A.'. is the Active; B.'. is the Passive. Unity is Boat, and the Binary is Jachin. [ This is pure filth, Pike makes Jehovah "One" and the male phallus, and he makes Jesus "Two" and the female ****** , by implication. Billy Graham needs to study this book better. Perhaps he has, and this charms him privately. ]

The two columns, Boaz and Jachin, explain in the Kabalah all the mysteries of natural, political and religious antagonism.

[ These two columns are found in all Masonic temples, at the front, on either side of the throne where the "Worshipful Master" sits and receives the worship of the initiate. Billy Graham had to kneel between two such columns and swear an oath to this system. ]

Woman is man's creation; and universal creation is the female of the First Principle. [ This is Pike's Jesus Christ. ] When the Principle of Existence made Himself Creator, He produced by emanation an ideal Yod [ male organ ]; and to make room for it in the plenitude of the uncreated Light, He had to hollow out a pit [ ****** ] of shadow, equal to the dimension determined by His creative desire [ divine phallus ]; and attributed by Him to the ideal Yod of radiating Light.

The nature of the Active Principle [ name for Jehovah ] is to diffuse: of the Passive Principle, to collect and make fruitful.

[ Thus, the male sperm goes from Jehovah to Jesus Christ. Not nice, friends, but this is the doctrine of Freemasonry.]

Creation is the habitation of the Creator-Word. To create, the Generative Power and Productive Capacity must unite, the Binary become Unity again by the conjunction [ sexual intercourse ]. The WORD [Jesus Christ ] is the First BEGOTTEN, not the first created Son of God. [ If Billy Graham believes that, he is damned to hell. ]

SANCTA SANCTIS, we repeat again; the Holy things to the Holy, and to him who is so, the mysteries of the Kabalah will be holy. [ This implies that if you see anything here that is sexually filthy, YOU have the dirty mind, not Pike. ] Seek and ye shall find, say the Scriptures: knock and it shall be opened unto you. If you desire to find and to gain admission to the Sanctuary, we have said enough to show you the way. If you do not, it is useless for us to say more, as it has been useless to say so much.

The Hermetic philosophers also drew their doctrines from the Kabalah [ Babylonian pagan Jews wrote this ]; and more particularly from the Treatise Beth Alolzim or Domus Dei, known as the Prtezrmatica Kabalistica, of Rabbi Abraham Cohen Irira, and the Treatise De Revolutionibus Animarum of Rabbi Jitz-chak Lorja.

This philosophy was concealed by the Alchemists [ Medieval witchcraft. which is still with us ] under their Symbols, and in the jargon of a rude Chemistry,--a jargon incomprehensible and absurd except to the Initiates; but the key to which is within your reach; and the philosophy, it may be, worth studying. [ Pike is encouraging occult witchcraft to the Freemason. Has Billy Graham followed the advice? ] The labors of the human intellect are always interesting and instructive.

To be always rich, always young, and never to die: such has been in all times the dream of the Alchemists.

To change into gold, lead, mercury, and all the other metals; to possess the universal medicine and elixir of life; such is the problem to be resolved...

Comment by editor: This is the doctrine to which Billy Graham is now bound to in an oath of death. Pope John Paul II is also bound to this doctrine in his P-2 or Masonic order in the Vatican. It is no small wonder that Billy Graham and John Paul II see eye to eye. Albert Pike makes numerous other references to Christ as the female of the godhead, and in one place, Pike makes the Holy Spirit to be the sperm.

If Billy Graham had, anywhere along the way, admitted that he took the Masonic oath, and if he had denounced it, this discussion would have been defused, and it would be a mute issue by now. But, Billy Graham is above confessing sin, as is true of nearly all modern gurus in Christiendom, so he may well die trying to cover his Masonic connections. Indeed, it would appear that he is rather secure in Freemasonry.

It must be noted in passing that Promise Keepers has also built its doctrines on these phallic principles of Babylon.. Billy Graham, Promise Keepers, Freemasonry, Islam, Zionist Kabbalism, and the Roman ***** are all cast in the same mold. Can you not see that Billy Graham is a splendid candidate to fill the office of the False Prophet? It is interesting that Graham has down-played end times doctrine for many years. Could it be that he is having a problem looking at his reflection in the Word of God's mirror?

Billy Graham is perhaps the single greatest influence for evil in Christendom. Even the Pope does not enjoy the popularity Billy Graham enjoys around the world. We may judge this by observing the welcoming crowd, for the two men, as they arrive at the airport. Is this not why the Pope covets Billy Graham's approval and soft words?

Billy Graham and Modernists and Liberals:
In 1952, Billy Graham wrote in a letter to John R. Rice: "Contrary to any rumors that are constantly floating about, we have never had a Modernist on our Executive Committee, and we have never been sponsored by the Council of Churches in any city except Shreveport and Greensboro-- both small towns where the majority of ministers are Evangelical."
In Nairobi, in 1959, Graham arrived in Kenya for a crusade. Crowds raved his praise, "...Dr. Billy..." Graham was approached by churches separated unto the Gospel in Kenya, and he rejected them. He gathered an entourage of Liberals and rebels against Christ, and he went to President Jomo Kenyatta, Kenya's President. The audience was a complete compromise, and no single event in the history of Christianity in Kenya did more damage to the cause of Christ. Separated churches were not able to join the crusade, and the Kenya government cast them in the light of rebels.

This pattern has been repeated ever since, and Graham has NEVER apologized for the chaos he leaves behind him. Indeed, we have seen above that Graham boasts in his ecumenical power and Papal reception.

December 25, 1996

THE LIST FROM THE FREEMASON'S HOME PAGE
in which they boast of Billy Graham's membership in Freemasonry.

AWARDS AND HONORS (The following is a partial list of the numerous awards received by Mr. Graham):

Ten Most Admired Men in the World from the Gallup Poll since 1955--a total of 37 times-- More than any other individual in the world, placing him at the head of the overall list of those most admired by Americans for the past four decades.

Clergyman of the Year, National Pilgrim Society

Distinguished Service Medal of the Salvation Army

Who's Who in America, annually since 1954

Freedoms Foundation Distinguished Persons Award, (numerous years)

Gold Medal Award, National Institute of Social Science, New York, 1957

Annual Gutenberg Award of the Chicago Bible Society, 1962

Gold Award of the George Washington Carver Memorial Institute, 1963, for contribution in race relations presented by

Senator Javits of New York

Speaker of the Year Award, 1964

Golden Plate Award, American Academy of Achievement, 1965

Horatio Alger Award, 1965

National Citizenship Award by the Military Chaplains Association of the U.S.A., 1965

Wisdom Award of Honor, 1965

Big Brother of the Year Award at the White House, Washington, D. C., 1966, for contribution to the welfare of children

The Torch of Liberty Plaque by the Anti-Defamation League of B'nai B'rith, 1969- [ This is a Jewish version of the Freemasons. ]
George Washington Honor Medal from Freedoms Foundation of Valley Forge, Pennsylvania, for his sermon The
Violent Society, 1969

Honored by Morality in Media for "fostering the principles of truth, taste, inspiration and love in media," 1969

International Brotherhood Award from the National Conference of Christians and Jews, 1971

Distinguished Service Award from the National Association of Broadcasters, 1972

Franciscan International Award, 1972

Sylvanus Thayer Award from United States Military Academy Association of Graduates at West Point, (The most

prestigious award the United States Military Academy gives to a U.S. citizen.) 1972

George Washington Medal Award for Patriotism from Freedoms Foundation of Valley Forge, 1974

Direct Selling Association's Salesman of the Decade award, 1975

Philip Award from the Association of United Methodist Evangelists, 1976

First National Interreligious Award, American Jewish Committee, 1977

Distinguished Communications Medal, Southern Baptist Radio and Television Commission, 1977

Jabotinsky Centennial Medal presented by The Jabotinsky Foundation, 1980

Religious Broadcasting Hall of Fame award, 1981

Templeton Foundation Prize for Progress in Religion Award, 1982

Presidential Medal of Freedom, the nation's highest civilian award, 1983

National Religious Broadcasters Award of Merit, 1986

North Carolina Award in Public Service, 1986

Good Housekeeping Most Admired Men Poll, 1995, #1 for three years in a row and 14th time in top 10

Many honorary degrees

This is not a nice page to read. I am sorry if your favorite glory boy has come out looking like a dirty old man. However; it is essential to mark these wicked prophets for what they are. Note:
Romans 16:17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.

You have to consider very seriously what is before you. Will you "mark" and "avoid" this man?

http://www.despatch.cth.com.au/Misc/Graham3.htm

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement