Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Exposing False Teaching   » What should be or will be the punishment of a "false teacher"?

Author Topic: What should be or will be the punishment of a "false teacher"?
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SoftTouch:
And I need to add that those who teach (as the WOF teachers do) that Jesus had to die spiritually in Hell or we would not be saved are those who DENY Jesus' Shed Blood as our attonment. That is preaching Another Jesus and Another Gospel and is False Teaching. Therefore, those who teach this heresy are False Teachers.

This is a total falsehood. If you would listen to these preachers for yourself, you would hear that the truth has been twisted. Joyce Meyer was accused of saying the above.

I explained this on another thread -

THE TRUTH (from The Most Importan Decision You Will ever Make)
That a person must believe in their heart that Jesus took their place on the cross, He died spiritually, (implied) was separated from the Father, tormented by demons in hell, (1991-Edition) Jesus is the first born again man. (1991-Edition) What is the Gospel?

She is saying that we have to believe that Jesus took our place on the cross, not that we have to believe that he went to hell. If she is erring in her interpretation about his going into hell, that doesn't affect our salvation in my opinion.

The Bible isn't crystal clear on what happened to Jesus during those three days.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And I need to add that those who teach (as the WOF teachers do) that Jesus had to die spiritually in Hell or we would not be saved are those who DENY Jesus' Shed Blood as our attonment. That is preaching Another Jesus and Another Gospel and is False Teaching. Therefore, those who teach this heresy are False Teachers.

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BORN AGAIN:
My question to you who "expose false teachers", what do you think "the punishment should be or will be of a false teacher"?

What do you think God will do to people like Joyce Meyer and Joel Osteen and Benny Hinn?

I'd be interested to here that. Do you think that the LORD still considers them bornagain Christians, or not, has He excommunicated them?

How do you think these "false teachers" will be punished? Will they still be saved, or will now not be saved?

Scriptures for that please?

My Bible says "if any man build thereon {on the foundation of Jesus Christ} wood, hay and stubble, she or he shall suffer loss, but she or he shall be saved, but so as by fire.

Yes, my Bible has that verse, but it also has this one:

quote:
Jude 1
1Jude, the servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, to them that are sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ, and called:

2Mercy unto you, and peace, and love, be multiplied.

3Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

4For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

What "I Think" does not matter in the least. It's what God's Holy Word says that is the True Measure of what is.

I stand by what I said in my post above this one. God will do the Eternal Judging and Sentencing... but we are Called To Expose Error. (Eph 5:11)

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

quote:
Originally posted by BORN AGAIN:
How come you all are silent now that it's time to punish those awful, awful "false teachers"?

God will take care of their Eternal Judgement and Punishment, not us. We are only to Expose their Error.

--------------------

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know about others, but today I am hurting, I do not feel well enough to spar with you.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

How come you all are silent now that it's time to punish those awful, awful "false teachers"?

Too bad there isn't any purgatory, we could have sent them there for, what, a 1,000 years? What's a 1,000 years, right, for the crime of "watering down the gospel"?

God bless, [Cross] BORN AGAIN

BORN AGAIN
unregistered

If the "false teacher" is a bornagain Christian, will he or she lose his or her salvation in your opinion, from making errors in doctrine which the person has built on top of the foundation of Jesus Christ.

Almost ALL Christians acknowledge the foundation of Jesus Christ (though the Judaizers who found "too hard to believe that justification/redemption/salvation could be through faith in Jesus only at the birth of the church), but most modern Christians are builind on the foundation of Jesus Christ.

Now, all of us, including wparr and SoftTouch and BORN AGAIN and HisGrace, build gold, silver and wood, hay and stubble or a combination thereof, on that foundation of Jesus Christ.

But as long as we do not break down the foundation of Jesus Christ and lay another foundation, i.e., Bhuddism, Hinduism, Islam, Mormonism, Zen, Yoga, or whatever, as long as one keeps the foundation as Jesus Christ crucified, and raised from the dead on the third day, on the unbreakable word of the Bible, that person shall be saved:

1 Corinthians 3

11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;

13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.

15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

As long as a bornagain Christian keeps the foundatin of Jesus Christ, and doesn't swith to a foundation of Bhuddism or Hinduism or Islam, or whatever, the Bible declares, "that person will be saved."

NOW THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!

May the LORD God of Israel bless us all. BORN AGAIN [Cross]

wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wparr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2 Peter 2:1-3
(1) But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will also be false teachers among you, who will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing swift destruction upon themselves.
(2) Many will follow their sensuality, and because of them the way of the truth will be maligned;
(3) and in their greed they will exploit you with false words; their judgment from long ago is not idle, and their destruction is not asleep.

Matthew 7:13-19
(13) "Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it.
(14) "For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it.
(15) "Beware of the false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves.
(16) "You will know them by their fruits. Grapes are not gathered from thorn bushes nor figs from thistles, are they?
(17) "So every good tree bears good fruit, but the bad tree bears bad fruit.
(18) "A good tree cannot produce bad fruit, nor can a bad tree produce good fruit.
(19) "Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.

They are marked for destruction.

2 John 1:9-11
(9) Anyone who goes too far and does not abide in the teaching of Christ, does not have God; the one who abides in the teaching, he has both the Father and the Son.
(10) If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your house, and do not give him a greeting;
(11) for the one who gives him a greeting participates in his evil deeds.

We are to have NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING to do with them.

Posts: 1203 | From: Eagle Nest, NM | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Watcher
Advanced Member
Member # 3589

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Watcher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
According to Peter

Peter said that because of them "the way of the truth will be maligned; and in their greed they will exploit you with false words" (2 Pet. 2:2-3, NASB). They will entice unstable souls. They promise freedom but are the slaves of corruption (v. 19).

According to Jude.....

Jude said they are like unreasoning animals who follow their depraved instincts to destruction (v. 10). They rush headlong into error, traveling the path of self-centered disobedience, and are perishing in their own rebellion (v. 11). Verse 12 describes them as "hidden reefs" (NASB).

False teachers cause chaos because error can never produce unity. Only truth unifies.

In Acts 8:18-19 Simon wanted to buy the Holy Spirit. He would have paid anything he could to buy the power he saw revealed. He knew if he possessed that power he could make back what he spent and a thousand other fortunes.

Religious charlatans are a steady parade in this society, and are in it for the money.

Stay away from people who teach doctrine contrary to Scripture. Stay away from those who deny the truth. Stay away from those who are not Christlike and godly in their conduct.

Don't listen to those who are arrogant, ignorant of spiritual reality and make useless speculations. Those things generate word battles that lead to chaos, confusion, disorder, and disunity.

Stay away from those with corrupt minds who have forsaken the truth and are headed for eternal judgment. Stay clear of those who are desirous of personal enrichment at your expense. They are diseased, and the prognosis for them and those they infect is terminal.

--------------------
Watcher

Whoso rewardeth evil for good, evil shall not depart from his house. He that justifieth the wicked, and he that condemneth the just, even they both are abomination to the LORD.
Proverbs 17:13,15

Posts: 146 | From: Earth | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Watcher
Advanced Member
Member # 3589

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Watcher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

--------------------
Watcher

Whoso rewardeth evil for good, evil shall not depart from his house. He that justifieth the wicked, and he that condemneth the just, even they both are abomination to the LORD.
Proverbs 17:13,15

Posts: 146 | From: Earth | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

My question to you who "expose false teachers", what do you think "the punishment should be or will be of a false teacher"?

What do you think God will do to people like Joyce Meyer and Joel Osteen and Benny Hinn?

I'd be interested to here that. Do you think that the LORD still considers them bornagain Christians, or not, has He excommunicated them?

How do you think these "false teachers" will be punished? Will they still be saved, or will now not be saved?

Scriptures for that please?

My Bible says "if any man build thereon {on the foundation of Jesus Christ} wood, hay and stubble, she or he shall suffer loss, but she or he shall be saved, but so as by fire.

What does YOUR Bible say, will the man be saved, or not? Will the false teacher be saved if s/he still teaches the foundation of Jesus Christ but "built thereon wood, hay and stubble" also?

I am BORN AGAIN by the [Cross] of Yahshua-Jesus of Nazareth: "the way by the sea, Galilee of the Gentiles, saw a great light"

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement