Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Exposing False Teaching   » Who is the original heretc?

Author Topic: Who is the original heretc?
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteEagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by JAVA:
you said "the veil is rent
satan is defeated."
How can you "bind" what is already defeated [Confused]

OK, I understand now why you might think that is a contradiction.

Jesus defeated Satan at the cross of Calvary.

Now we are under Grace, and have redemption through Christ's atonement, and the Veil of the Hebrew Temple was torn in two allowing us personal access to the Holy of Holies through our Mediator Christ Jesus.

Satan is still in the warfare business, even though he Has been ultimately defeated, he is still fighting Christ.

He fights to keep the unsaved, lost. He fights to keep the world deceived to the Truth of his lies, and it's man's sinful nature that still allows him that right. We are sinners and even when we are saved and born again we are still not righteous by our own good works. Our best day is not perfect and we will always be imperfect on our own good works. It's only the Christ in us, the Hope of Glory that allows our works to be perfect before God.

So Satan still fights and we are in a spiritual battle for souls and for victory.

Paul speaks of this spiritual warfare. Overcoming sin is a daily battle to die to ourselves daily and take up the cross. Satan knows our flesh is weak, and believe it, he will find any excuse to get in.

Satan fights the Christian, and the more one is getting the best of Satan, the harder he fights.
Paul tell believers to not be ignorant of his devices, yet many Christians are terribly ignorant.

Many Christians think that once they are saved, that's all that's necessary to live the Christian life. Yes they are saved, but can still walk defeated, if they don't know who they are in Christ Jesus.

We don't "bind" sin, we kill it, by dying to self daily and strive to allow Christ to live in us.

We repent of sins and turn away from sins, but are not told to "bind" sin. Sin is in our flesh.

We are instructed that in Christ we are more than conquerers, and that the weapons of our warfare are not in the flesh.

And while we may not live in sin at times, others around us do live in sin, and satan uses them to attack the Christ in us. Satan wants us wounded and disabled while we live on earth.

So we must bind their strong man, to have the power to reach others for Christ. By doing this we plunder Satan's "house" and steal his prey.

The Church will prevail against the gates of Hell.
That is our mission, is it not?

Posts: 1392 | From: Maine | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAVA
Advanced Member
Member # 4576

Icon 19 posted      Profile for JAVA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you said "the veil is rent
satan is defeated."
How can you "bind" what is already defeated [Confused]

--------------------
JAVA, "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to his purpose."

Posts: 147 | From: Columbia South Carolina | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteEagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by JAVA:
WhiteEagle, do you know that you are contridicting yourself? If you are not aware of it then go back and read all of your posts. [Eek!]

[dance]

I guess you will need to show me where I've contradicted myself. I don't see it.

And is that all you have to say about this subject?

Posts: 1392 | From: Maine | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAVA
Advanced Member
Member # 4576

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JAVA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WhiteEagle, do you know that you are contridicting yourself? If you are not aware of it then go back and read all of your posts. [Eek!]

[dance]

--------------------
JAVA, "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to his purpose."

Posts: 147 | From: Columbia South Carolina | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

quote:
Originally posted by helpforhomeschoolers:
Our spiritual authority rests in our ability by the blood of Christ and rebirth to walk in the spirit and not the flesh; the only place where Satan has any authority over the believer is in the flesh where sin resides. Thus we are not to mind the things of the flesh, but the things of God.

You have to wrest the scripture completely out of context to apply it to our binding Satan. We are the strong men who keep our palace by walking in the spirit; greater is he that is us than he who is in the world and thus Satan must bind us to spoil our house and he does that by getting us to mind the things of the flesh.

The scripture speaks as a warning that we not be bound by Satan, who is the one come to kill steal and destroy. It in no way speaks to our binding Satan.

We are here to destroy the works of the devil and we do that by walking in our covenant and in obedience to GOD, walking in the flesh, but not after the flesh - we do not do it by binding Satan.

The only being that is going to be binding Satan are the angels of God that throw him into prison.

It is not we who are putting the enemies of Christ under the feet of Christ but God the Father.

Further, hades is a prision; the gates of a prision keep prisoners inside; the gates of hades do not prevail at keeping Christ's church in prison because we are not prisoners of our flesh and the sin that resides in it.

This body and the sin that lives in it is going to been sown in corruption but we are not our flesh and we are not prisoners of our flesh - absent the body is present with the Lord... the only thing Satan is getting in prison of Christ's church is a bunch of dust - serpent food - sin in the flesh for the Azazel.

We are not about storming hades and dragging people out;the gates of hades did not prevail against Jesus and Jesus already freed the prisoners of hades.

1 Peter 3:19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;

1 Peter 4:6 For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.

There are not any of God's sheep going to hades in the first place. Satan is not the keeper of the keys to hades neither is the church Jesus is and he alone decides who goes there and who does not.

The church was given the keys to the Kingdom of heaven. Binding and loosing is a legal ability to bind or loose persons from bondage to sin.

2 Corinthians 2:10 To whom ye forgive any thing, I forgive also: for if I forgave any thing, to whom I forgave it, for your sakes forgave I it in the person of Christ;

God can forgive my sin against HIM if I confess it; he does this. God cannot forgive me for my sin against you, you must do this. In binding me or loosing me to my sins against you, you hold the keys to heaven being able to open or shuts its gates against me.

We are not the "strong man" as Jesus says that there is one stronger.

We are the overcomers. The conquerers in Christ alone.

Paul calls us "soldiers".

We are also ambassodors(sp).

We are Not the strong man spoken of by Jesus. As he was discussing how he was Not casting out devils by the power of Satan, but by the power of God, to explain to the Pharisees.

The strong man keeps people in bondage. He keeps them from feeling that they are forgiven already, he works on people's minds to keep them in bondage when they are positionally free in Christ.

He keeps the unsaved in bondage from knowing the truth, and he keeps Christians under bondage who don't know how even that there is an enemy to fight.

Christians are the overcomers. and greater is He who is in Us, then he who is in the world.

One question. Have you ever seen a person delivered? Have you ever seen demonic activity even?

It's not a theory, but real stuff.

Jesus said that his followers would also be able to cast out demons, and overcome. Yes, obedience to God's Word and to be not living in sin is a given to overcome the works of Satan.

But we can't even do that without Christ. The name of Jesus is greater than any other name, and His name defeats the enemy.

The church is heading for times of greater responsibility to reaching lost and hurting people, and just telling them that they are positionally righteous through Christ and His blood will not be enough to set people free without having the knowledge of the weapons of spiritual warfare.

Satan is mentally tormenting people, Christians included, and the church has no answer for them, except it must be God's will for you to suffer. Or you must be feeling guilty because of your sins, even after you've repented it wans't really sincere or you'd be victorious.

That's been the church's pat answer to people in the past.

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Our spiritual authority rests in our ability by the blood of Christ and rebirth to walk in the spirit and not the flesh; the only place where Satan has any authority over the believer is in the flesh where sin resides. Thus we are not to mind the things of the flesh, but the things of God.

You have to wrest the scripture completely out of context to apply it to our binding Satan. We are the strong men who keep our palace by walking in the spirit; greater is he that is us than he who is in the world and thus Satan must bind us to spoil our house and he does that by getting us to mind the things of the flesh.

The scripture speaks as a warning that we not be bound by Satan, who is the one come to kill steal and destroy. It in no way speaks to our binding Satan.

We are here to destroy the works of the devil and we do that by walking in our covenant and in obedience to GOD, walking in the flesh, but not after the flesh - we do not do it by binding Satan.

The only being that is going to be binding Satan are the angels of God that throw him into prison.

It is not we who are putting the enemies of Christ under the feet of Christ but God the Father.

Further, hades is a prision; the gates of a prision keep prisoners inside; the gates of hades do not prevail at keeping Christ's church in prison because we are not prisoners of our flesh and the sin that resides in it.

This body and the sin that lives in it is going to been sown in corruption but we are not our flesh and we are not prisoners of our flesh - absent the body is present with the Lord... the only thing Satan is getting in prison of Christ's church is a bunch of dust - serpent food - sin in the flesh for the Azazel.

We are not about storming hades and dragging people out;the gates of hades did not prevail against Jesus and Jesus already freed the prisoners of hades.

1 Peter 3:19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;

1 Peter 4:6 For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.

There are not any of God's sheep going to hades in the first place. Satan is not the keeper of the keys to hades neither is the church Jesus is and he alone decides who goes there and who does not.

The church was given the keys to the Kingdom of heaven. Binding and loosing is a legal ability to bind or loose persons from bondage to sin.

2 Corinthians 2:10 To whom ye forgive any thing, I forgive also: for if I forgave any thing, to whom I forgave it, for your sakes forgave I it in the person of Christ;

God can forgive my sin against HIM if I confess it; he does this. God cannot forgive me for my sin against you, you must do this. In binding me or loosing me to my sins against you, you hold the keys to heaven being able to open or shuts its gates against me.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

quote:
Originally posted by HisGrace:
quote:
Originally posted by Caretaker:
.Did the apostles ever utter "I bind you, Satan?" Not once is such an utterance recorded in the New Testa- ment. It is not credible to assume that they understood Jesus' teaching as an instruction to "bind Satan" through prayers and verbal declarations and then never followed the instructions personally. the scholars of Biblical Greek are uniformly wrong.

The scriptures say that we, through Christ Jesus,have the same powers availale to us that he has. His power through us gives us access to defeating the devil's every trick. I don't believe we have the power to bind Satan literally, but the weapons of him and all of his demons can be totally bound through prayer and supplication.

This scripture is speaking about sin - sin is of the devil.

As discussed in Matthew 18:15-18

"If your brother sins against you, go and show him his fault, just between the two of you. If he listens to you, you have won your brother over. But if he will not listen, take one or two others along, so that 'every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.'
If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church; and if he refuses to listen even to the church, treat him as you would a pagan or a tax collector.
"I tell you the truth, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.

I know as Christians who are obediant to God's Word, we Do have Authority to bind and silence any demon. For the person to be delivered of a demonic belief or influence they themselves must call out to God and repent and be in faith that
God will deliver them.

We need to pray and walk in the spiritual authority God has given His Children. Many Christians do not even know about this. They live in defeat, and struggle daily, and do not know why.

Poor shepherds have never informed them, because many pastors or shepherds do not even know this themselves.

Jesus Christ is the same today, yesterday, and forever.

Yes, sin allows Satan to have influence over people, and the more they sin, the more influence Satan is allowed to have.

People repent of their sins, and are saved, but are still bound by Satan's lies they have believed all their previous lives. So they walk a defeated Christian walk. Or even if they are not sinning, others' sins around them are attacking the Christ in them, and they don't understand the spiritual aspect of being a born again believer. They are out there without weapons.

For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of Strongholds. 2 Corinthians 10:4

WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

quote:
Originally posted by hardcore:
quote:
WhiteEagle: The point is, that until the Church binds the Strong man (satan) that all the complaining about false teachers will profit nothing to the Kingdom of God. It just causes strife and division among believers and otherwise good people who are Christians, to look for heretics under every quote.
Well. I have to disagree with you here. There are many Christians who have been delivered from "false teachers" because there were others willing to stand for the Truth. I believe this "profits the Kingdom of God" a great deal. If you were to hear their testimonies, I think you might re-think your stance.

It only causes strife and division among Christians who insist on defending man's word over God's. We don't have to "look for heretics under every quote". We don't even have to look for them at all. They're everywhere - right out in plain sight, shamelessly displaying their wares.

If one is a believer in Christ, they have the teaching of the Holy Spirit. People who follow ANY person to be fed on spiritual things invite their own deception by false teachings.

I don't quite understand your disagreement about the "strongman". Do you think that as Christians we do NOT have authority over the enemy in Jesus name?

The Church needs to get a hold of the authority God has endowed us with through Jesus Christ.

The Veil is rent!

We have the Keys to God's Kingdom!

Satan is defeated!

We need to live like it's the Truth!

hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hardcore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
WhiteEagle: The point is, that until the Church binds the Strong man (satan) that all the complaining about false teachers will profit nothing to the Kingdom of God. It just causes strife and division among believers and otherwise good people who are Christians, to look for heretics under every quote.
Well. I have to disagree with you here. There are many Christians who have been delivered from "false teachers" because there were others willing to stand for the Truth. I believe this "profits the Kingdom of God" a great deal. If you were to hear their testimonies, I think you might re-think your stance.

It only causes strife and division among Christians who insist on defending man's word over God's. We don't have to "look for heretics under every quote". We don't even have to look for them at all. They're everywhere - right out in plain sight, shamelessly displaying their wares.

Posts: 627 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
.Did the apostles ever utter "I bind you, Satan?" Not once is such an utterance recorded in the New Testa- ment. It is not credible to assume that they understood Jesus' teaching as an instruction to "bind Satan" through prayers and verbal declarations and then never followed the instructions personally. the scholars of Biblical Greek are uniformly wrong.

The scriptures say that we, through Christ Jesus,have the same powers availale to us that he has. His power through us gives us access to defeating the devil's every trick. I don't believe we have the power to bind Satan literally, but the weapons of him and all of his demons can be totally bound through prayer and supplication.

This scripture is speaking about sin - sin is of the devil.

As discussed in Matthew 18:15-18

"If your brother sins against you, go and show him his fault, just between the two of you. If he listens to you, you have won your brother over. But if he will not listen, take one or two others along, so that 'every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.'
If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church; and if he refuses to listen even to the church, treat him as you would a pagan or a tax collector.
"I tell you the truth, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Jesus is the author of the Christian's power. Jesus defeated Satan at the cross. As Christians Jesus said we are endowed by Him.
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.twincityfellowship.com/cic/articles/issue1.htm

Binding and Loosing

The crucial issue is whether this is what Jesus meant by these teachings. What did He mean by the terms "bind" and "loose?" These words were commonly used by Jewish rabbis. New Testament scholars agree that "binding and loosing," when used in this way, retain the basic meaning that they had in the Jewish culture of the first century.

For example, the THEOLOGICAL DICTIONARY OF THE NEW TESTAMENT states under the entries for "deo" and "luo" (the Greek words for binding and loosing used in Matthew 16:19 and elsewhere), "Jesus does not give to Peter and the other disciples any power to enchant or to free by magic. The customary meaning of the Rabbinic expressions is equally incontestable, namely, to declare forbidden or permitted, and thus to impose or remove an obligation, by a doctrinal decision."1 TDNT draws the conclusion that this is the meaning of the words as used in Matthew 16:19 and 18:18.

A. T. Robertson, one of this century's leading Greek scholars, also comments on Matthew 16:19: "To `bind' in rabbinical language is to forbid, to `loose' is to permit. Peter would be like a rabbi who passes on many points. Rabbis of the school of Hillel `loosed' many things that the school of Schammai `bound.' The teaching of Jesus is the standard for Peter and for all preachers of Christ. Note the future perfect indicative..., a state of completion. All this assumes, of course, that Peter's use of the keys will be in accord with the teaching and mind of Christ."2 Dr. Robertson's comment about the use of the future perfect tense is important. If we were to translate the passage very literally (though awkwardly in English), it would read "...whatever you loose on earth shall having been loosed in heaven." This shows that the disciples were not unilaterally to decide a matter, thus binding "heaven" to their decision. It means that their decision, as Dr. Robertson suggests, will be in line with what already was God's mind on the issue.

Passing on an issue of doctrine or ethics does not equal shooting a verbal barrage at Satan or another wicked spiritual entity. It is also quite different from "loosing" the money needed or the job wanted, as some are now prone to pray.

We can see how Peter and the others understood Jesus' teaching on binding and loosing by examining their actions as recorded in the Book of Acts. Acts 15 records a dispute that arose about the behavior of Gentiles who were recently becoming part of the church. Their customs were far different from the Jews, who then made up most of the church. Should the new Gentile converts be required to be circumcised and to keep other requirements of the Law of Moses? After "much debate" (Acts 15:7), Peter stood up and asked, "...why do you put God to the test by placing upon the neck of the disciples a yoke which neither our fathers nor we have been able to bear?" (Verse 10). After James agrees with Peter, quoting Scripture as proof, they reached the decision that the Gentiles should abstain from idols, fornication, and what is strangled. No further burden was to be placed upon the Gentile Christians. The apostles herein exercised the power of binding and loosing, as given by Jesus.

Did the apostles ever utter "I bind you, Satan?" Not once is such an utterance recorded in the New Testa- ment. It is not credible to assume that they understood Jesus' teaching as an instruction to "bind Satan" through prayers and verbal declarations and then never followed the instructions personally. The church of the twentieth century should not understand and practice the teachings of Jesus differently than the church of the 1st century. If it does, the authority of Scripture is depreciated.

Other Bible commentators also believe that "binding and loosing" find their meaning in rabbinical usage. Concerning Matthew 16:19, William Hendriksen states, "The very wording - note `whatever,' not `whoever' - shows that the passage refers to things, in this case beliefs and actions, not directly to people. Binding and loosing are rabbinical terms, meaning forbidding and permitting."3 Thayer's Greek-English Lexicon Of The New Testament, under the entry "de " (to bind), states, "...by a Chaldean and rabbinic idiom to forbid, prohibit, declare illicit: Matthew 16:19; 18:18." Each source I have checked (including several not quoted here) agrees with this interpretation of these words. I have to wonder if those modern teachers who have popularized the "spiritual warfare" teachings that command the saints to "bind Satan," supposedly based on Matthew 16:19, have carefully researched the passage. They should at least offer some evidence that suggests that the scholars of Biblical Greek are uniformly wrong.

The authority to bind and loose is the authority to declare what is God's mind on a matter of doctrine or practice. This is what the early church did in Acts 15. To "bind" is to obligate, to "loose" is to remove obligation. The future perfect tense ("shall having been bound") shows that this authority is only valid when used in submission to Christ's word or teaching. It does not give the church the authority to make up new teachings later in church history. Binding in this context has nothing to do with speaking words to Satan or demons.

Satan's House Plundered

Let us turn to Matthew 12:28,29, which at least is addressing the issue of Satan and demons. The verses read, "But if I cast out demons by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God has come upon you. Or how can anyone enter the strong man's house and carry off his property, unless he first binds the strong man? And then he will plunder his house." Upon hearing about Jesus casting out demons, the Pharisees, those perpetual critics of Jesus, said that He "...cast out demons only by Beelzebul the ruler of the demons" (verse 24). The Lord first shows the illogic of their accusations by saying that if Satan was casting out Satan, his kingdom would not stand. He then asks about their own misguided deliverance attempts (the Jewish historian Josephus wrote about some Jewish exorcism practices which were quite strange).

The verses we are studying describe Jesus' own interpretation of the powerful deliverances He had accomplished. These were done by the Spirit of God and showed the power of the kingdom of God in the person of Christ. In Christ, there is a confrontation with the powers of darkness, and Christ is victor! The Pharisees should have recognized this and committed themselves to Christ, but they were unwilling. Jesus goes on to warn them about blaspheming the Holy Spirit (verse 31) by accusing Christ of being of the Devil.

The key verse, which some claim as support for "binding" Satan through direct verbal assault, is verse 29. In this passage, Jesus uses a metaphor to illustrate His own mission. A strong man controls his own house until a stronger man comes, binds him, and plunders the house. Luke 11:21,22 record the same illustration. Luke does not use the term "bind," but says the stronger man "...attacks him and overpowers him, he takes away from him all his armor on which he had relied..." (Luke 11:22).

New Testament scholar George E. Ladd gives the following interpretation of Jesus' words: "Satan is a strong man. His palace or house is `this present evil age' (Gal. 1:4), and his `goods' are men and women under his evil influence. However, he has not been left in peace to manage his affairs. A stronger, Jesus, has assailed and overcome him."4 The deliverances in the ministry of Jesus demonstrated Jesus' power to deliver people from the power of Satan. The spoiling of the kingdom of darkness will go on throughout church history, though the final victory is not complete until Christ returns in glory.

"Bind," as used here in Matthew 12, is metaphorical terminology, not a magic word, the utterance of which will stop the activity of evil spirits. That the Luke account does not even use the word "bind" shows this. "Bind" is incidental to the picture of a strong man's house being plundered. Whether victory is accomplished by binding, overpowering, disarming, etc., is not as consequential as the fact that it is a stronger man who must do it.

The meaning is that Jesus is stronger than Satan and that the casting out of evil spirits in His ministry proves that fact. The "goods" that are "plundered" are people, previously held in bondage. This plundering has been going on since the Day of Pentecost. The coming of Jesus and the "binding" of Satan liberates the souls of people who were all of their lifetime subject to slavery (Hebrews 2:15). How is this accomplished? The Bible does not leave us in the dark. It is not accomplished by people continually shouting "I bind you Satan" into the heavenlies!

Hebrews 2:14,15 declares "Since then the children share in flesh and blood, He Himself likewise also partook of the same, that through death He might render powerless him who had the power of death, that is the devil; and might deliver those who through fear of death were subject to slavery all their lives."
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

quote:
Originally posted by TEXASGRANDMA:
No one is fighting you,so why don't you give us a break.
betty

Mark 1:23-25

And there was in their synagogue a man with an unclean spirit: and he cried out:
"Let us alone! what have we to do with thee, thou Jesus of Nazareth? art thou come to destroy us? I know who thou art, the Holy One of Israel."

And Jesus rebuked him, "Hold thy peace. and come out of him."

WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

quote:
Originally posted by wparr:
WhiteEagle.

Your attitude towards the "heresy hunter" is the same as those you are pointing at for pointing out the false doctrines.

Look in the mirror.

The pot is calling the kettle black.

Maybe now you can understand where their passion is coming from.

Matthew 9:29 "According to your faith be it unto you."
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

quote:
There is no scriptural command to bind Satan, nor is there any biblical example of the practice. Satan remains at large as the "prince of the power of the air" (Ephesians 2:2) until he is chained or bound (by an angel, not a human being) during the millennial reign of Christ (Revelation 20:1-3). The disciples cast out demons, but they never bound them or Satan.

Eph. 6:11
Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

James 4:
6: But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.
7: Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

Have you never read this:

Luke 11:17-22

But he(Jesus), knowing their thoughts, said unto them; "Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and a house divided against a house falleth."

If Satan also be divided against himself, how shall his kingdom stand? because ye say that I cast out devils through Beelzebub.

And if I by Beelzebub cast out devils, by whom do your sons cast them out? Therefore shall they be your judges.

But if I with the finger of God cast out devils, no doubt, the Kingdom of God is come upon you.

When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are at peace.

But when a stronger than he shall come upon him, and overcome him, he taketh from him all his armour, wherein he trusted, and divideth his spoils.

Matthew 12:26-29
And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself: how shall his kingdom stand?

And if I by Beelzebub cast out devils, by whom do your children cast them out? therefore they shall be your judges.

But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.

Or else how can one enter into a strong mans' house, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man? and then he will spoil his house."

Matthew 16:19

And I will give unto you the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Matthew 18:18-19

Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in Heaven.

Mark 16:17

And these signs shall folow them that believe: in my name shall they cast out devils: they shall speak with new tongues:

Luke 10:17-19

And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord even the devils are subject to us through thy name.

And he said unto them, "I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven."

Behold I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you."

BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Sister TEXASGRANDMA, you write
quote:
The devil cannot control us like puppets.
But we do daily have to struggle against old family habits, and the like. While the devil cannot control us like puppets anymore now that we have Christ, the Devil is still very busy trying to get us to “un-believe” or at least “make our lives as miserable as he can”.

But as regards other ministries, sister TEXASGRANDMA, we have NO IDEA how we would behave if we had that much power and that much money coming in. Therefore the wise thing to do is not comment on it because we have NEVER been in their shoes yet; it is easy to throw stones in glass houses, but TRY DOING IT ourselves, then, hey, I have no idea how good or bad I can be!

God bless, [Cross] BORN AGAIN

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is no scriptural command to bind Satan, nor is there any biblical example of the practice. Satan remains at large as the "prince of the power of the air" (Ephesians 2:2) until he is chained or bound (by an angel, not a human being) during the millennial reign of Christ (Revelation 20:1-3). The disciples cast out demons, but they never bound them or Satan.

Eph. 6:11
Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

James 4:
6: But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.
7: Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wparr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WhiteEagle.

Your attitude towards the "heresy hunter" is the same as those you are pointing at for pointing out the false doctrines.

Look in the mirror.

The pot is calling the kettle black.

Maybe now you can understand where their passion is coming from.

Posts: 1203 | From: Eagle Nest, NM | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

quote:
Originally posted by TEXASGRANDMA:
No one is fighting you,so why don't you give us a break. Your excuse is like saying that criminals should not be prosecuted for crimes because the devil made them do it. Yes, the devil influences Preachers to pollute the Gospel. But the Preacher has a choice. The devil cannot control us like puppets.

betty

The point is, that until the Church binds the Strong man (satan) that all the complaining about false teachers will profit nothing to the Kingdom of God. It just causes strife and division among believers and otherwise good people who are Christians, to look for heretics under every quote.

The Church can NOT expose false teachers successfully until we go to battle spiritually first with prayer and Bind the strong man. Once he is bound, only themn can the Church enter in and "spoil" his evil intents.

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No one is fighting you,so why don't you give us a break. Your excuse is like saying that criminals should not be prosecuted for crimes because the devil made them do it. Yes, the devil influences Preachers to pollute the Gospel. But the Preacher has a choice. The devil cannot control us like puppets.

betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Who is the original heretic, and why don't you people fight him?

Jesus gave Peter and the Church the Keys of the Kingdom. He gave us authority over serpents and scorpions. He instructed the Church that the strong man(Satan) must be bound before one can enter his house and steal from him.

The Gates of Hell can NOT prevail against the onslaught of the True Church. We are to smash those gates, and bind the strong man and take out those who are on their way to Hell. Death is defeated, and can Not prevail against the True Church.

We are to be Overcomers, We are to be Salt, and Light, and we are commisioned to Steal from Satan.

My advice to all who enjoy picking apart these ministries, is to relaize that even if some of these ministries are wrong, that the persons involved are NOT your enemy.

Your enemy is Satan, The Dragon, The Snake, the original Heretic. If he can get good people to pick at each other, what more need he do?

Many of these so-called heretics, ie ones that preach about God's promises of prosperity, or that we are like God, are also doing much to win souls for the Kingdom. All teach that repentance and belief in Christ's atonement are necessary for Salvation. It's the Power of Christ's Blood, that saves us all.

Many of you are upset that their Christian walk is different than yours. That they "see" things a little differently than you do.

People are not the enemy. Different walks of Christianity are not the enemy.

I pray that this kind of debate can be handled in a more mature way.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement