Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Exposing False Teaching   » What's Jesse Duplantis Thorn???

Author Topic: What's Jesse Duplantis Thorn???
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oneyearandcounting

If you do not want to tithe, that is between you and God. All I can tell you is what happens with us. We are on a fixed income, when we tithe our money last to the end of the month, maybe 5 dollars the day before pay day, but when we do not tithe we run out of money a week before pay day. We learned out lesson. Paying tithes we feel is obedience to God.
I would rather make the mistake and tithe and find out from God later that it was unnecessary than to not tithes and be told by God that I robbed from him by not tithing.
The Church I am attending is involved in many missions both in our Country and abroad. We sent a group of 20 to the Dominican Republic for 10 days, last month, to help do some building in the village and to encourage the missionaries there. By paying tithes, I am a part of these missions. This makes me happy to be a small part of the work of God.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyearandcounting
Advanced Member
Member # 4449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oneyearandcounting     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All that and we went back to tithing Which is where I left off months ago.

Tithing is law Christ fulfilled the law.

God bless
greg

--------------------
Acts9:18 And straightway there fell from his eyes as it were scales, and he received his sight; and he arose and was baptized.

Posts: 183 | From: winder Ga | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen Walter!!!
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wparr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"titheing" is not taught or proclaimed in the NT.

Tithing was giving more than just a 10%

But that 10% went to the Livital Priesthood, which doesn't exsist anymore.

2 Corinthians 9:6-13
(6)Now this I say, he who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully.
(7) Each one must do just as he has purposed in his heart, not grudgingly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.
(8) And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that always having all sufficiency in everything, you may have an abundance for every good deed;
(9) as it is written, "HE SCATTERED ABROAD, HE GAVE TO THE POOR, HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS ENDURES FOREVER."
(10) Now He who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will supply and multiply your seed for sowing and increase the harvest of your righteousness;
(11) you will be enriched in everything for all liberality, which through us is producing thanksgiving to God.
(12) For the ministry of this service is not only fully supplying the needs of the saints, but is also overflowing through many thanksgivings to God.
(13) Because of the proof given by this ministry, they will glorify God for your obedience to your confession of the gospel of Christ and for the liberality of your contribution to them and to all

Romans 12:13
contributing to the needs of the saints, practicing hospitality.

Posts: 1203 | From: Eagle Nest, NM | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lars7
Advanced Member
Member # 4911

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lars7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Titheing is not about what you can do....its about giving 10% of all you earn...God demands 10% off the top....meaning you give your money to wherever you are being fed the word...then pay your bills with the rest.....God comes first...and when you tithe with that attitude then God will bring back to you 10 -20-100 fold.....Sadly most do not tithe that way.....they give what they can afford...and thats not what God is looking for.....He wants your 1st fruits....God never said give what you can...but give 10% period............Selah
Posts: 49 | From: Ma | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gramajo320   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Texas Grandma,

I agree with you on your posting. No minister should say "go borrow it from your neighbor and give it to the church." The part I object to the same as you is telling someone to go borrow it from a neighbor. That isn't kosher in my book. We tithe what we can to our church and our neighbors do the same.

--------------------
Gramajo320

Posts: 2385 | From: WA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is hard not to see the truth when you turn on TBN like I did the other night and hear Paul Couch say if you have finacial suitations that you have to spend money to get money. His suggestion was to borry 10 dollars from your neighbor and send it in or give to your local Church. I have to give him credit for adding your local Church as a option, but I do not recall anywhere in the Bible that we are told to borrow money and sow a seed for finacial gain.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AMH
Advanced Member
Member # 4895

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AMH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Gramajo320,

I would never suppose to question yours or anyone else’s faith. God wants us to have faith and I am sure that yours is of a genuine nature. But Gramajo320, if the Lord asked us to give up a pet teacher or a pet teaching or a favorite anything would we do it? Today in the U.S. the Lord is not asking many of us to choose Him over a family member. But if He asked would we even do this? And if we were to refuse, what then Gramajo320?

AMH

Posts: 350 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gramajo320   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jesus knows my heart also and that's what counts with me!

--------------------
Gramajo320

Posts: 2385 | From: WA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Watcher:
I don't know why you won't do this research for yourself and see the WOF'ers for the wolves they are. Fleecing the flock, and you continue to stand up for them. What ever will you say to Jesus when He ask you why you didn't know better, even when the posters here have shown you over and over again.

If you are speaking to me Watcher, I don't have to do second-hand research, I listen to the messenger himself/herself, and I look for their words firsthand on their own sites. I have gained tremendous meat from their teachings.

BTW Jesus and I are really good buddies - he knows my heart. [spiny]

Anyway, something is telling me that it is time I bowed out of this thread.

God Bless.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Watcher
Advanced Member
Member # 3589

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Watcher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am well aware of that!

You can be sure if I post something about somebody it has been well researched.

I don't know why you won't do this research for yourself and see the WOF'ers for the wolves they are. Fleecing the flock, and you continue to stand up for them. What ever will you say to Jesus when He ask you why you didn't know better, even when the posters here have shown you over and over again.

--------------------
Watcher

Whoso rewardeth evil for good, evil shall not depart from his house. He that justifieth the wicked, and he that condemneth the just, even they both are abomination to the LORD.
Proverbs 17:13,15

Posts: 146 | From: Earth | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

Absolutely and unequivocally so very true!

--------------------
Gramajo320

HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Watcher:
Just so you know Tim Lahaye donotes all the profits from the LB books to charities.

Wow - that's great! It just goes to show you that we have to be careful what we say without all of the facts.
Watcher
Advanced Member
Member # 3589

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Watcher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just so you know Tim Lahaye donotes all the profits from the LB books to charities.

--------------------
Watcher

Whoso rewardeth evil for good, evil shall not depart from his house. He that justifieth the wicked, and he that condemneth the just, even they both are abomination to the LORD.

Posts: 146 | From: Earth | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AMEN AMH, AMEN! [wave3]
Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AMH
Advanced Member
Member # 4895

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AMH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tim LaHaye is proof positive that Pre-Trib rapture stories pay big bucks. As TexasGrandma says- “The Left Behind books are sold as fiction”. In general terms the truth does not pay big bucks because the world does not want to hear it. If it did then Jesus would have been a millionaire.

AMH

Posts: 350 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have many struggles in the flesh, but

I do not think so highly of myself to be any where near the Apostle Paul.

There are some Chinese Christian Brothers and Sisters that fall into the spiritual class with Paul, much suffering for the cause of Christ.

Some in other countries as well

but here in America, I do not see any suffering and persecution and demonstrating such power that Satan need send a messenger to afflict them to hinder the Gospel

but if Yahweh tarries long enough, there hope for America to awake from it's slumber

easy believism will only lead to Hell

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

becauseHElives writes
quote:
Jesse Duplantis does not qualify for a thorn in the flesh.

Jesse Duplantis is a thorn in the flesh of the body of Christ!

Poor Jesse...

1 Samuel 16:3
Call Jesse to the sacrifice, and I will show you what you shall do...

Matthew 12:7
But if you had known what this means, "I will have mercy and not sacrifice", you would not have condemned the guiltless.

But no doubt you do qualify for a thorn, becauseHElives?

My thorn is sushi. What did you say yours was?

God bless, [Cross] BORN AGAIN

Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

My family and I have seen all of the movies in the christian Left Behind series and we thoroughly enjoyed each of them very much. I certainly agree with Texas Grandma that the books would make people think of spiritual matters and they would want to read their bible. The movies do the same. Also as Texas Grandma said there are no false promises either. The last movie we saw is Joshua and it is a great movie the same as each of the others are. We highly recommend the Left Behind movies and also the books.

--------------------
Gramajo320

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

The Left Behind books are sold as fiction, they make no false promises. I do believe that they do make people thing about spiritual matters. How many people watch the 1st movie and started thinking about the after life because of the movie? How many people got the Bible out because of these books?
There is a big difference in putting a fiction book out hoping that it will be used by God and going on T.V. and making promises you can't keep.
I have been blessed from reading Christian romance fiction but I don't think the author is responsible for guarantying my spiritual growth.
People look at the success of the left behind books and are jealous. The only promises the books make is there is a Heaven, Salvation is a gift from God and Jesus is the only way to Heaven. The book supports the pre-trib rapture but so does the Bible. If you have trouble with those promises you have issues with the Bible.
betty
betty

--------------------

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 15 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
before you get a thorn in the flesh (a messenger sent from Satan, allowed by Yahweh to stay) you must be a treat to the Kingdom of Darkness

Jesse Duplantis does not qualify for a thorn in the flesh

Jesse Duplantis is a thorn in the flesh of the body of Christ!

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AMH
Advanced Member
Member # 4895

I think that the authors of the Left Behind series are at the very least implying a big return on the investment, (spiritual growth and things like that, unless entertainment is the sole purpose for buying the books and bibles from them). But you speak to strongly; I never said sin, only wonder. I can wonder about it can’t I? Or should we follow blindly? I mean no disrespect.

AMH

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

AMH

I see a difference in selling a book and promsing you a 100 fold return when you send in money.
I purchase a newspaper every day. I don't think it is a sin for them to sell a newspaper why is it a sin to sell a book. By the way I have all the left behind books and I love them.
I support my local Church with my tithes. I don't pay my tithes to get money back. We pay our tithes because we love God. I have bought Bibles. Is it a sin to sell a Bible?
betty

--------------------

AMH
Advanced Member
Member # 4895

People are naturally suspicious when someone that is suppose to be representing the Lord starts to make great sums of money. But what are guys like Tim LaHaye to do when they find themselves authoring some of the greatest selling book series of all time? I know, they can ride the wave by hawking “Prophecy Bibles” to go along with the book series and charge hundreds of dollars for the whole set. I just do not see why anyone would wonder about that.

AMH

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Matt. 7:
22: Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23: And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The mainstream church is lukewarm at best and rampant with apostacy at worst. Thanks, but no thanks. I'll stick it out with those who don't compromise the Word or pretend to be something they're not. (no direct hit intended)
Oh, surely you jest hardcore there is an end time revival prophesied did you not know this?

Here you can see it in the end of days speach to the church.....

1 ¶ Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write; These things saith he that holdeth the seven stars in his right hand, who walketh in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks;

2 I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars:

3 And hast borne, and hast patience, and for my name’s sake hast laboured, and hast not fainted.
4 Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.
5 Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.

6 But this thou hast, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate.
7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

8 ¶ And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive;
9 I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.

10 Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.

11 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.
12 ¶ And to the angel of the church in Pergamos write; These things saith he which hath the sharp sword with two edges;

13 I know thy works, and where thou dwellest, even where Satan’s seat is: and thou holdest fast my name, and hast not denied my faith, even in those days wherein Antipas was my faithful martyr, who was slain among you, where Satan dwelleth.

14 But I have a few things against thee, because thou hast there them that hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balac to cast a stumblingblock before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed unto idols, and to commit fornication.

15 So hast thou also them that hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitans, which thing I hate.
16 Repent; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth.

17 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

18 ¶ And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write; These things saith the Son of God, who hath his eyes like unto a flame of fire, and his feet are like fine brass;
19 I know thy works, and charity, and service, and faith, and thy patience, and thy works; and the last to be more than the first.

20 Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.

21 And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not.
22 Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds.
23 And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.
24 But unto you I say, and unto the rest in Thyatira, as many as have not this doctrine, and which have not known the depths of Satan, as they speak; I will put upon you none other burden.

25 But that which ye have already hold fast till I come.

26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:
27 And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.
28 And I will give him the morning star.
29 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

1 ¶ And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead.

2 Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die: for I have not found thy works perfect before God.
3 Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.
4 Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy.
5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.
6 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

7 ¶ And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth;

8 I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.

9 Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.
11 Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.

12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

13 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

14 ¶ And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;

15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
22 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Dont you hear revival there? No? Well what about here?

2 Thessalonians 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

Maybe here?

2 Timothy 4:3 for there shall be a season when the sound teaching they will not suffer, but according to their own desires to themselves they shall heap up teachers—itching in the hearing,

How about here?

2 Peter 2:1 ¶ But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.
3 ¶ And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

No revival? [Eek!] [Confused] [1zhelp]

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
israel my beloved
Advanced Member
Member # 4776

Icon 1 posted      Profile for israel my beloved     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BornAgain, I forgive you.

--------------------
Psalm 122:1

I was glad when they said unto me; let us go unto the house of the LORD

Posts: 32 | From: Indiana | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hardcore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BORN AGAIN:
Please come back into the mainstream church??

God bless, [Cross] BORN AGAIN [youpi]

The mainstream church is lukewarm at best and rampant with apostacy at worst. Thanks, but no thanks. I'll stick it out with those who don't compromise the Word or pretend to be something they're not. (no direct hit intended)
Posts: 627 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Watcher
Advanced Member
Member # 3589

BA
I am not roasting the church!

I am exposing false teachers claiming to be of the church.

Sorry that you BA can't discern the difference. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Watcher

HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 7 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey BORN AGAIN, we're wondering where you went. We're waiting for you over in Bible Study - you're coffee is getting cold.

-

BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Awe, hardcore, I miss you guys!! I love a good fight now and then! Please come back into the mainstream church?? I'm jealous that you guys are having so much fun "roasting" the church...

God bless, [Cross] BORN AGAIN [youpi]

hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hardcore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BORN AGAIN:
israel my beloved writes
quote:
I wish there was a deserted island somewhere so we can take all these false preachers so they can outwit, outplay and out preach one another!!
And then hopefully there will be another deserted island right next door where we can put all those "busily exposing false teachers" and then you can scuba-dive along the shore of the "false preachers" island with electronic sensors and "pick up" what they are saying now, and scuba back to your own island and report that can "outfind" and "outspout" each other about those on the island next door.

Hey now BA. You're on "heresy hunting" turf now. Go find your own bubble! [Razz] [Razz] [Razz]
Posts: 627 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

israel my beloved writes
quote:
I wish there was a deserted island somewhere so we can take all these false preachers so they can outwit, outplay and out preach one another!!
And then hopefully there will be another deserted island right next door where we can put all those "busily exposing false teachers" and then you can scuba-dive along the shore of the "false preachers" island with electronic sensors and "pick up" what they are saying now, and scuba back to your own island and report that you can "outfind" and "outspout" each other about those on the island next door.

israel my beloved
Advanced Member
Member # 4776

Icon 1 posted      Profile for israel my beloved     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watcher, I totally agree with you. All these preachers tell us to Give God the money, but it really isn't God that gets the money, it is these so-called "little gods" that get the money [mad2] Well we all know whay god these preachers serve($$$$$$) [crying]

--------------------

Posts: 32 | From: Indiana | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Watcher
Advanced Member
Member # 3589

I agree, Jesse even owns his own jet. [Roll Eyes] From the poor people that are so deceived to send him their hard earn money, and believe they will be blessed by it. Give me a break already.
[mad2] He is a good time to listen to though.
Got to give him that. Him and Osteen should hook up. They could be the new one world religion. We all could be rich and healthy.

Trademark: Jesse is known for his Prosperity Gospel, Man's Power over God and God's Kingdom is Really on Earth teachings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The church is in control, not God
"I can honestly say that the Lord has done everything I have prayed for "

Jesse Duplantis (Heaven Close Encounters of the God kind p.44)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 100 fold theory
[This exegesis on Mark 4, is that this is the most important chapter in the Bible] "Now the Lord told us to go into the world and preach the gospel to every creature, didn't He? It costs billions of dollars to do that, between the satellite communication hookup and everything! Well, how come we haven't done it yet? Because we've lost verse 4, we've lost verse 5, we've lost verse 7. Every once in a while we get blessed on verse 8. But just think if you got blessed 30, 60 or 100 fold on verse 4; 30, 60 or 100 fold on verse 5; 30, 60 or 100 fold on verse 7 ... every time you give God $50, He gives you $5000. Every time you give Him $100, He gives you $10,000. Every time you give Him $1000, He gives you $100,000. Every time you give him $100,000, $10 million. Before you know it, that building is yours, because they will sell it for the right price. You pick the denomination, God picks the multiplication."

Jesse Duplantis (TBN, September 21, 1998)

"I declare and decree the anointing of increase"

Jesse Duplantis (to his congregation December 12, 1999)

The kingdom of God is on earth
"The religious world says, "Oh Lord, I just want just enough to get me by." Well, what happens when you get by? When you get by something you gotta go somewhere else. See, God will bless you as much as you can receive. People say, "Well, I believe God. I don't believe in that prosperity stuff." It's in the Bible. "Well, people got greedy with it." Well, that's true, but you don't throw the baby out with the bath water. If poverty is so wonderful, how come Jesus left? He ain't poor no more! He ain't walkin' on no asphalt streets. I'm telling you, He's on gold streets. God! God, I'm walkin' on gold streets. There gonna be some people get up there and go "oh, Lord, no, I can't walk on that! Oh, Lord! Oh, Jesus, Lord! Put gravel on there, Lord." He gonna say "Shut up, fool! Walk on the street. What you think I built it for?" To Him it's something that you walk under it. He wears this nice clothing. He ain't no problem with that. You can't impress God with your wealth on your best day. See, I am believing for things that are impossible. And you know, everything I've ever done's been impossible, and it became possible just by walking in faith with it. I've had many people say, you can't believe like that! Well, bless God, watch me! What faith will do for one man, faith will do for another. Watch me! You watch me and this Mr. Cessna man here, I'll be the first preacher to buy a brand new, spankin' new, brand new jet that will fire all over this world. Get that sucker out of that glass hanger!...You can say all you want, Jack. I'll fly by your house and tip the wing. I'm gonna get something for Jesus. I'm gonna do something for God."

Jesse Duplantis (Jesse Duplantis Show, Trinity Broadcasting Network, October 8, 1997)

The importance of earthly riches
"I will not fight the devil, I will walk on him. Dirt diggin days are over spring up, increase. Even the smallest amount of faith is enough to kick the Devils brains out"

Jesse Duplantis (to his congregation Nov.29, 2000)

Results of lack of faith
"The very first thing on Jesus' agenda was to get rid of poverty! Would you like to know why some people, including ministries, never get out of poverty? Its not because they aren't smart. Its not because they don't have windows of opportunity. Its because they're not anointed. If you're not anointed, poverty will follow you all the days of your life. His first objective was to get rid of poverty."

Jesse Duplantis (Nov. 1997 Voice of the Covenant magazine, p.5 )

I have met and/or spoken to Jesus
"Jesus was taller than I thought He would be. I would guess Him to be from five feet eleven inches to six feet one inch. I thought at first His hair was white, but when He turned His head, I caught a glance and saw that it was light brown. When He looked at me, the glory of God was emanating from Him. I said, "Jesus!" He said simply, "Do you like this place?" I said, "Yes, Sir"

Jesse Duplantis (Heaven: Close Encounters of the God Kind. p.89)

Research Links
http://www.discernment.org/Charismania/duplanti.htm
http://www.letusreason.org/Popteac12.htm
http://www.discernment.org/Charismania/jesse1.htm

--------------------
Watcher

israel my beloved
Advanced Member
Member # 4776

Now we know that the Apostle Paul had a thorn because he saw-went to Heaven...as with you all, what was that thorn, I don't know, but according to Jesse Duplantis's book-video "Close Encounter of the God Kind" why did Jesse not get a thorn???? There is no respect of person's with God what makes Jesse so special!!! NOTHING!!! Jesse Duplantis ranks right up there with Benny Hinn, Kenneth Copeland and all the other false teachers out to make a buck off of the hard working people of America! I wish there was a deserted island somewhere so we can take all these false preachers so they can outwit, outplay and out preach one another!! Can Jesus be to far off! Satan is doing all he can to get his, now we need to do all we can to get God's!! [clap2]
[Prayer]

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement