Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » Political Discussion   » According to my Bible....

Author Topic: According to my Bible....
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Briangras1234, governments are of God. Forgive me for not giving the scripture verse. I do this in opposition to tb124, or five, or so. Men of faith have the capability to affect their government. America, to date is the best example. But alas, it is a worldly institution still, therefore flawed. That doesn't eliminate the intervention of God, through men of faith.

If people would be broken, HE would grant in this life, for some to live the unspeakable, in this sordid world.

Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did NOT vote for Obama. I do support Isarel.
As WildB likes to say: "And that is all" [Wink]
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrianGrass1234
Advanced Member
Member # 5845

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrianGrass1234     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are real, the dirt is real, but the "United States of America", just like the idea of any other nation or government, is just an idea and a fiction. It's just words on paper and lines on a map made up by men. A fiction used to harm others while not holding any accountability for the harm done. A fiction created to create an aura of authority that does not exist in reality. I'll show you how it works.

You would feel wrong if you went next door and forced your neighbor through threat of force to come work in your yard. Yet you freely vote for a politician within the fiction to pass laws that then force your neighbor to work on your behalf.

You would not come to your neighbors home armed to force him to pay you money to help build your church. Yet you applaud this fiction for going to your neighbor and taking money by force to establish and maintain the Israeli state.

But when you take the veil of legitimacy it is just you asking someone else to have another person threaten force against your neighbor to have the do something on your behalf.

This is why I call governments and nations fictions, because only the individuals and dirt exist, the rest is just an idea made up by man to disconnect them from the harm they do to others, the this fiction needs to be shown as what it is. It is just words on paper and lines on a map, and they in no way justifies the harm done and the violence threatened.

Posts: 203 | From: Weed, CA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am an American. I am proud of being American. America has through out the years has been used by God to bless Israel. Yes, America is going to desert Israel, the Bible says so, but America is more then just a piece of land. We are not fiction. We do exist and I grew up learning American values. Around the world, there are people who would love to live in America where we still have the freedom to buy Bibles and practice the Religion of our choice. If you live in America and find your Country offensive, you still have the freedom to move else where. If you live somewhere else tell us the name of your Country, so we can compare your Country with ours. But do not trash my Country.
Proud American. [clap2]
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrianGrass1234
Advanced Member
Member # 5845

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrianGrass1234     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
America is a plot of dirt. The USA is a fiction made up by men hundreds of years ago by writing words on paper, drawing lines on a map and using deadly violence to establish their made up authority which those that hold to this fiction carry on till this day. What the rest of the world does with their fictions are of no concern to me. What is of concern to me is what I, as an individual, chooses to do and what you, as an individual, chooses to do as a fellow christian. Stop looking to governments to define yourself and concerning yourself with the actions of other non christians. Other people will do what they want to you and you may or may not be able to stop them. But the only actions you have ultimate responsibility over is your own.
Posts: 203 | From: Weed, CA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Look becausehelives, (kweeper) I would like to build you up. I don't wish to always sound as though I dissagree. Obviously, as it is people think of me as always intending to 'tear down.' However what I say is intended to fully 'lead' to the truth. I cannot help it that people are so sensitive that they cannot consider it as such.

I know that the joy of sharing is such that everyone wants to participate. Each wants his/her view celebrated. But if it is shortsighted, if it is only 'feelgood', it actually hinders the one who holds the view. And no one wants to be countered. Then it becomes a "He thinks he is right, and am wrong," kind of thing and the discussion becomes black mud. But think of this as a video game. What if a player comes across the 'key'. And what if that one compels the others to discover it, and they won't. Should the one who 'claims' to have found the key just be silent? Or in the end will those who just would not listen have to settle for missing it? Well, Paul has the key. All I am doing is echoing it. For when one becomes enlightened to the fact, he cannot but share it. He cannot effectively do so however if people are defensive and/or 'self' assured.

Look past what you think you already know. Consider! Read the word the way it is written. There was a time when what I thought I solidly knew, was challenged. That it could be challenged indicated that what I knew was not as solidly secured 'on the Rock'. But the feelgood concepts do not serve one well in the hour of need. Therefore I realized that there was something more to be discovered.

Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Well, let's see. You 'abide continually' in heavenly places do you? You are not therefore a resident of this country. You are not in the world?

Joh 17:15 I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest 'keep' them from the evil.

I am hard pressed to understand, thou who art 'deeper' than I. Insomuch as you are still here, and since I am speaking with you, you are therefore 'in the world.' Until you are not, you cannot claim to be 'seated' only in heavenly places.

Mat 5:13 Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.

But if you are 'seated' only in heavenly places 'because', you can't possibly be worth your salt here. And since there is no 'salt' to be found, everyone here must necessarily be 'trodden' under the feet of men. And they will be. Then shall they wake up and realize their folly, of when they boasted how that they were 'spiritual'.

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MH I am sure the people in Sodom felt as you do, they loved there country too!

I guess I'm finally a little deeper than you...

I have only one residence and that is I abide continually in Heavenly places With my Master Yahshua..... I am a stranger and pilgrim in a strange land.

quote:
The temporal is a reality.
that is not what you say on all your deep spiritual hype about "having and "doing"

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As a matter of fact becausehelives, I live in two places at once. I am seated with Him in the heavenlies, while at the same time I am here on earth with earthly responsibilities. My country is my blessing, and it is my responsibility also. The temporal is a reality. I am not to neglect it for the sake of earning a Darwin award (see the Darwin award web site, if you dare). I am not to be so 'heavenly minded' that I am no earthly good. It simply is the common sense that God gives to realize this.

After all, do we as Christians wish the difficulty upon them that which they experience in Darfur? Did we sympathize with the Soviets, or their persecuted? The grapes have to be crushed. That doesn't mean that we reject our inheritance.

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 18 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Michael Harrison where is your "having doctrine" in this tread.....your thinking seems very inconsistent and out place here.....

America is not the Kingdom of Yahweh.....

quote:
I don't think people have an inkling just how bad what we are getting ready to go through will be.
MH, you don't think any of us have an inkling about anything...but we do!

the times that are fast coming upon us are worse than any tines recorded in history. (make Nazi Germany and Hitler look like a quiet cozy picnic)

I knew Richard Wurmbrand, I have put my hand in the scares in his flesh he received in prison. Our family has done volunteer work at Voice of the Martyrs several times. One of my daughters has been on the mission field with VOM.

quote:
Yet if we do not battle (in the heavenlies) we will certainly regret it.
I agree MH with your statement but I fear your reason is faulty.....

the reason for battle in the heavenlies is not to preserve the American way, but to see Yahweh Kingdom glorified....

I understand that the battle is with principalities and powers in heavenly places not against flesh and blood do you MH.

I am resting in Yahshua's love For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,Nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation will be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

What about you Michael are you resting?

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

quote:
Originally posted by Carol Swenson:
quote:
all things that have come to pass have come to pass according to Yahweh's eternal plan... the day of the Antichrist are before us, there is nothing to do but pray and be ready for what ever happens...

because we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

Amen becauseHElives [Prayer]
Carol! I am not picking on you, but I have this notion that this could be a little naive. I could find out that I am wrong. After all, I do preach that HE is in control. And we are to 'let' Him. Therefore the "All things work together," verse is quite correct! However, I feel, sense, or whatever, that we are being complacent by letting this downfall happen. I assume it is by His Spirit. (and again, maybe I'll be wrong?? but) And when it comes to fruition everyone without exception will be shocked, and sorry. And remember that Israel went into exile many times, but when they repented God healed them.

Again, my feeling is that we are possibly being complacent. That would mean that we are 'in the wrong'. I do realze that the time is close. I do understand that there is a solid cutoff point. And we will reach it. However I do not think this is the very one. Yet if we do not battle (in the heavenlies) we will certainly regret it.

I don't think people have an inkling just how bad what we are getting ready to go through will be. If anyone wants a clue, read, "Tortured for Christ," by Rev Wurmbrand. They will send out a copy for free. Just contact VOM and fill out a response.

KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 16 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

But I have prayed for you, that your faith should not fail; and when you have returned to Me, strengthen your brethren.” ~ Luke 22:32

Those that know God and have seen the truth will always return to Him. Those that don't never knew Him.

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 18 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MH you speak to me about waking up to reality!

quote:
If one even agrees with something like abortion, insomuch as he does not speak against it, he is guilty.
MH the heart of every issue is the issue of the heart.

Abortion is not the problem....

the problem is not seeing every issue of life through the eyes of Yahweh.

What is one person worth to Yahweh?

(According to my Bible.) one person to Yahweh was worth the price of His only begotten Son, Yahshua.

With the New Covenant came greater responsibility for the child of Yahweh.

No longer was adultery just the physical act of sex but Yahshua said if you are guilty in your heart of lust you are guilty....now does this free me because of Grace to go and commit adultery or lust in my mind...no, a thousand times no.

the people in the world abort babies for many reason but all the reasons boil down to one reason...selfishness (whats best for me).

the people in the church abort babies every day for the same reason....selfishness (whats best for me), Their methods of abortion may not be the same but termination of life is the same results.

MH you are a very smart man, but you speak with your mind (the heart of stone) not your heart(the heart of the new birth). A believer until death is in possession of both hearts, remember Romans 7 & 8.

quote:
I have often wondered if any christian shot an Indian. Certainly it happened. Did he regret it? Probably!
my question would be did he truly repent of his action!

Matthew 16:25 / Luke 9:24
Because whoever has a desire to keep his life safe will have it taken from him; but whoever gives up his life because of me, will have it given back to him.

quote:
yahsway.... we are finally in that generation that call evil good and good evil. May God help us all indeed.
the church of Yahweh condones killing so it may have safety....

(According to my Bible.) Rom 8:36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.

--------------------

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
all things that have come to pass have come to pass according to Yahweh's eternal plan... the day of the Antichrist are before us, there is nothing to do but pray and be ready for what ever happens...

because we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

Amen becauseHElives [Prayer]
Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are so right on with this MH, we are finally in that generation that call evil good and good evil. May God help us all indeed.
Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Becausehelives, wake up to reality mon. If one even agrees with something like abortion, insomuch as he does not speak against it, he is guilty. And there are other issues such as defense of the nation. I believe it is ordained by God and many believers would participate. Where they are at in their relationship with God might determine their behavior. Although personally I would have a terribly difficult time shooting another man, I often ponder whether I would if another country like Russia (just to pull one out of the air), invaded our soil. It is one thing to speculate from a distance. It is another to be in the situation. And when so much is at stake situations are re-evaluated.

I have often wondered if any christian shot an Indian. Certainly it happened. Did he regret it? Probably! But an entire topic could be dedicated to this subject, so much could be said. Anyway, man's inhumanity towards man (no race is necessary) is a fact of living on earth. And a man has his personal convicions. Yet, a man is overshadowed by intense, sometimes inescapable peer pressure. Under such, sad things have surely happened.

But did christians found the country, or was there a contingent of people who were the front line, psuedo christans maybe, who paved the way, and faithful Christians flooded in behind them?

Well, there is more yet to consider. Had the Indians not had their own infighting, they could have withstood the British invasion. Had they had faith in the true God, the same possibly. But they fought against themselves. So the Brits could be considered just another 'tribe' which came to make war.

And mistrust led to the fighting between these two. At first they were helpful. They even taught us about things like fertilizer. Keep in mind also that some tribes fought against other tribes by aligning with the British. So it is not as simple as you are making it.

Almost no man escaped the Civil War, of which many were no doubt Christians.

King David was a man of 'war', so God would not let him built God a temple. Yet he was a man after God's 'own' heart.

As for obama, I have been personally betrayed. My sympathy, and empathy for those who voted for him has been offended. They rejected it wholly by voting for him. They have through both deceit, and the foolishness of others who just don't get it, whose alliance was critical for them to succeed, managed to get the upper hand. (And keep in mind that the USA is a majority rules system, but through the press, an organization or two, and a few lawyers they have manipulated the US as though they are a majority.)

These who got the upper hand have advanced militantly into the White House with the specific agenda of communism. They have given those opposing only two choices in the matter. Either we accept communism as an acceptable environment of government, or be considered racists. They leave no other choice. It creates an extremely rude situation, because communism is not at all acceptable. And that is a big period. Better dead than red. That's how I heard it said when I was a child. (And this runs deep.) They who are for this are rudely stupid. Their position is as a millstone around the neck of America. It is sad, and I would like to change it, by humane and God fearing methods. But is that possible? This situation is worse than extremely bad. It is desperate.

And in closing: They demonized George Bush??? Then they voted for the devil himself, as far as politics go. There is no reason for the contempt of George Bush. He is nowhere near the same camp as the traitor. He did not hate the country. He was an American son, even if his performance was doubtful on a couple of points. The other one is as healthy and smart a choice as cancer, when one could have had a coke.

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

---
this is true, but sadly the majority in America are do not love God. I also believe Obama would sell out America in a heart beat.
Is America set up for judgment? I believe murdered unborn babies are demanding this. This said, we put our trust in Jesus. He is our provider and our protector, not our President. But we are still Americans, and it hurts to see our Country go to this.
betty

--------------------

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 15 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(According to my Bible.) the weapon of my warfare are not carnal.....my weapon are all by and through the Spirit....

(According to my Bible.) Yahshua said His followers would be as He was,,,,lambs to the slaughter...

(According to my Bible.) I am to do good to the evil men and women of this world that seek to do me any harm....

(According to my Bible.) Stephen when being stone to death prayed for those throwing the stone....today most Christians? think we should get machine guns and shoot down our enemies....

I may be the only person on this board that feels this way, but my savior had nothing to do with bringing America into being through any of the wars and killing, no more than bringing Hitler to power......

no true Christian ever killed the first Indian or anyone else for that matter....

--------------------

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Leave it to me not to be articulate enough. I might've said that our American souls are being usurped, or American souls are being usurped. How will you stop him? A lot of people are going to have to recognize the ultimate danger which is at hand. They will have to recognize the urgency. This will have to happen to scores of people, that in great numbers, they will realize the desperateness, and respond. As it stands, people are lulled into a senseless wait-and-see attitude, or they think it is just another day in America, and it will wash out in the next election. I am concerned that they are pinning their hopes on this not realizing how intense the situation really is, and it will take them as a thief in the night. In fact, it is such that they will dismiss the voice of Paul Revere as a Hollywood stunt, and not become active in taking the country from the thief.
Lineman
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was wondering in what ways does your bible say that the "leader" will sell our souls to the devil? If you tell us then maybe we can do something to stop this "leader"
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

According to my Bible, America is a disabled Eagle cast down from the sky. According to my Bible, we have a leader who will sell our soul to the devil. And according to my Bible, he will, without using weapons of warfare, undermine the entire world; according to my Bible. And according to my Bible, the antichrist will rise because of him. (According to my Bible.)

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement