Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » Political Discussion   » Women voters!

Author Topic: Women voters!
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Women in politics are as essential as Women in the Homes as Women in the churches, and the Woman that stood by Jesus when everyone else had left his side. My mother in my eyes is that woman at the side of Jesus, but I do know she is wonderfully and marveously created in the image of God to the same degree as a Man. There have been prophetess, a Queen, prime ministers that have lead countries and have instructed people to further the God of creation and salvation of the Lord. Do not think women as a inept part of creation but the nuture of creation. We all have roles and assume roles and when men like I know abandon their roles and responsibilities a woman must step in or the child literally dies.
Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I knew that post would not be ignored as some others! [type] But be it known, I am fond of the women. [thumbsup2] Worldly wise however, there is a problem. After all, women voted Kennedy in many years ago (when I was in the sixth grade), because he was 'good looking'. And women gravitated to Obama. That together with the inexcusable fraud, and all of the other factors, amounted to a victory for him. But, be this understood; as pitiful as McCain turned out to be, he did something extremely valueable. And if it were not for McCain (the pitiful) running, (which seems now to be most unfortunate due to how it turned out), Sarah Palin would not be so well known. And be it known, I am pal-ing with Palin! [youpi]
Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Michael,

Your comments remind me of a Pastor who tried to blame the woes of Church on women. A man stood up and said if it were not for good praying wives in most Churches there would not be the men in the Churches. How many men are saved because their wives prayed for them for years?
Are they some women who are liberal and voting against Bible truths? Yes, but they are plenty of men doing so, too.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
in him
Community Member
Member # 7110

Icon 1 posted      Profile for in him     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
After having taken up for women after some have expressed willingness to suppress them using passages from the epistles to do so, some may wonder at my saying this. But I think the decline of America began when women were allowed to vote! I don't think I have to even look, but I'll bet that it was part of the 'liberal agenda' to enable them to. Nuf said!

So, what qualifies one to vote? Being a citizen is all, and I agree. Yet, when those who have no address which they can register by, are allowed to vote, it makes me to question whether there should be a little more qualification involved. Just a thought.... Because votes are not supposed to be bought, I think. But they are, even at a higher level.

you are getting a tad bit out of line. i can show you some GOD fearing women who walk the walk and talk the talk. might be we dont have enough men with back bone to stand up for, whats right and be spiritual leaders in the HOME!
Posts: 18 | From: mo | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After having taken up for women after some have expressed willingness to suppress them using passages from the epistles to do so, some may wonder at my saying this. But I think the decline of America began when women were allowed to vote! I don't think I have to even look, but I'll bet that it was part of the 'liberal agenda' to enable them to. Nuf said!

So, what qualifies one to vote? Being a citizen is all, and I agree. Yet, when those who have no address which they can register by, are allowed to vote, it makes me to question whether there should be a little more qualification involved. Just a thought.... Because votes are not supposed to be bought, I think. But they are, even at a higher level.

Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement