Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Miscellaneous   » Political Discussion   » I watched Obama!

Author Topic: I watched Obama!
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today, I watched Obama tickle the ears, and rouse the crowd with the comment that Bush and McCain are responsible for the 'financial crisis' which Bush took drastic measures to circumvent. I hate to be mean, truly, but here is the truth. The fincial crisis is a direct, a very direct result of our Government bending over backwards to accomodate 'complainers' and weaker citizens who were unhappy that they could not get a loan for a home. This was an effort to 'appease' people who do not feel that this government truly represents them, which effort they are unable to appreciate (hence the troubled market). The net result is that if it was not already an entitlement - it certainly now is, since the government has 'bailed out' the banks, who inappropiately extended credit to the uncreditworthy, under whatever misguided notion they had! So what this amounts to now is that everybody else is required to suffer by paying out of their pockets to accomodate these others; meaning that others are entitled to us having to 'pay' out of our pockets to accomodate them. It would be a respectable notion, if it were understood and appreciated, but it is taken for granted as though they were - entitled.

I heard a figure the other day. It supposedly will cost every person $3,300.00 per person to recoup the amount which was spent to 'bail out' this bad load situation. But the number is low, for it included the total American population, including people who do not even pay taxes. So to be safe, add at least 25% to this figure, maybe more.

It is robbing Peter to pay Paul. It is Robbinghood. It was an entitlement mentality which supposed that this is 'owed' to them. Moreover, this same mentality also supposes that Obama should be president!

But America is not founded on entitlement. It will not work. Not a single country in the world functions this way, because they know that they can not 'accomodate' people who do not produce anything to pay for it. America however provides the opportunity to produce, even if it is not favorable towards everyone. But this is a moral problem. It is a moral problem which Stallinism supposes to fix, but does not (and idiots flock to the propaganda). Instead the people become suppressed in such a situation (Ask Cubans). How anyone can overlook this is more amazing than the innocent slaughter of unwanted babies who had nothing to do with their existence, but who have to pay the consequences.

Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement