Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » Abomination of Desolation...

Author Topic: Abomination of Desolation...
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with you JLand. When the anti-Christ calls for the people to worship him, in the temple, then Israel will know that he is not of God.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JLand
Community Member
Member # 6707

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JLand     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i believe thers been more then one abomination of desolation and the final one will be the antichrist demanding worship of himself in the temple of God
Posts: 8 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thunderz7
Advanced Member
Member # 31

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Thunderz7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes the Dome of the Rock is an abomination,
the abomination has made the temple mount desolate of worship the True GOD for years.

Seems GOD has satan and many in this world fooled though;
it's not about Moriah, it's about Zion!

T7

Posts: 1113 | From: Northeast Alabama | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluefrog
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They sure have in the past, some due to their own lack of faith.

We in the U.S. have been helping to get rid of some of Israel and paying dearly for it.

As we speak, Israel is at war and as usual peace talks are as babble. Obama has already said he was going to jump in on the Israel thang when he takes office...I sure hope not. There is something about the wrath of God that I prefer to avoid. I am more serious than that sounds.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 15 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The one thing all believers in Scripture can count on....Israel isn't going anywhere, till all scripture is fulfilled!

The more pressure exerted against them as we approach the end, the more those that oppose Yahweh will understand... you do not touch the apple of His eye without repercussion from Him.

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluefrog
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DELTA 511....I have not been fortunate enough to have gone to Israel but I know what you are talking about.

What else could He be talking about? I feel the same as you on this matter.

Have you ever read the book: Eye to Eye, Facing the consequences of Dividing Israel, by William Koenig ? In brief, it tells about the disasters that take place in America every time we start in or do accomplish suggesting that Israel give away land. It is all documented. Tornados, Hurricanes, Floods, Financial Disasters, ETC all within 24 hours that we (U.S.) do something.

Isn't it disgusting when you see a photo on TV news of Israel. It always starts out showing the dome of the Rock.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
delta,
I am not saying you are wrong, I have just never thought about it. I had actually thought the Dome of the Rock would be destroyed before the new Temple is built.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
delta511
Member # 7547

Icon 1 posted      Profile for delta511     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess I was saying that I feel the Dome of the Rock might be a landmark of what is to come.
Posts: 3 | From: USA | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

I am not sure what you are asking. I believe that in the middle of the tribulation, the anti-Christ will stand in the new Jewish Temple and declare himself to be god. This will open the eyes of the Jewish people to the truth that the one that they though was the answer to their problems is indeed a man of the devil.
betty

--------------------

delta511
Member # 7547

Icon 20 posted      Profile for delta511     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

Ever since I visited Israel in the mid '80s I felt I had seen a precursor to the abomination of desolation mentioned in Mark 13.

Mar 13:14 But when ye shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not, let (him that readeth understand,) then let them that be in Judea flee to the mountains:

I was convenced this was the Dome of the Rock as an inscription in that building encourages Christians and Jews to come to the one true religion.

I would appreciate your thoughts.

Posts: 3 | From: USA | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement