Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » sweep clean/ new birth/ born again

Author Topic: sweep clean/ new birth/ born again
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In its absence, the demon’s “house” had been cleaned up. But it was still empty . Therein lay the problem and the crux of Jesus’ teaching. The problem is not so much with the demons as it is with the condition of the “house.”

Matthew 12:45

“Then it goes and brings along seven other spirits more evil than itself, and they enter and live there; and the last state of that person is worse than the first. So will it be also with this evil generation.” (NRSV)

The nation had been “swept clean” by the teaching and preaching of John the Baptist and of Jesus. Many had come to repent. But if the nation did not turn around, truly repenting from sin and turning to Jesus as their Messiah and Savior, they would be no better off than a clean but empty house. Into that house comes worse evil than before. Jesus pictured the demon finding seven others and returning to the clean house. But the “owner,” now filled with eight demons instead of one, is definitely worse off than before. So it will be also with this evil generation. God’s people, privileged with prophecy and promises, would be faced with horrible judgment for rejecting their Messiah.

(Life Application Bible Commentary: Matthew)

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Consider 1 John 5:11-13 (NLT): "And this is what God has testified: He has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. So whoever has God's Son has life; whoever does not have his Son does not have life. I write this to you who believe in the Son of God, so that you may know you have eternal life." Who is it that has the Son? Those who have believed in Him and accepted Him (John 1:12). If you have Jesus, you have life. Eternal life. Not temporary, but eternal.

God wants us to have assurance of our salvation. We cannot live our Christian lives wondering and worrying each day whether we are truly saved or not. That is why the Bible makes the plan of salvation so clear. Believe in Jesus Christ and you will be saved (John 3:16; Acts 16:31). Do you believe that Jesus is the Savior, that He died to pay the penalty for your sins (Romans 5:8; 2 Corinthians 5:21)? Are you trusting Him alone for salvation? If your answer is yes, you are saved! Assurance means to "put beyond all doubt." By taking God's Word to heart, you can "put beyond all doubt" the fact and reality of your eternal salvation.

Jesus Himself states this regarding those who have believed in Him: "I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one will snatch them away from me, for my Father has given them to me, and he is more powerful than anyone else. So no one can take them from me" (John 10:28-29 NLT). Again, this gives more emphasis to "eternal." Eternal life is just that--eternal. There is nobody, not even yourself, who can take Christ's God-given gift of salvation away from you.

Memorize these passages. We hide God's Word in our hearts so that we do not sin against Him (Psalm 119:11), and this includes doubt. Take joy in what God's Word is saying to you: That instead of doubt we can live with confidence! We can have the assurance from Christ's own Word that the state of our salvation will never be in question. Our assurance is based on God's love for us through Jesus Christ. Jude 24-25, "To Him who is able to keep you from falling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy - to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen."

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 15 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THE LATTER STATE OF THAT MAN IS WORSE THAN THE FIRST.

1. Pulpit Commentary: "Christ emphasizes the force and the danger of a spiritual relapse"

2. (2 Pet 2:20-22) "For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning. For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them. But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.""

3. The man who relapses into sin after being delivered from its power, almost always goes greater lengths in sin than he went in the early stages.

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Luk 11:24 ¶ When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest; and finding none, he saith, I will return unto my house whence I came out.

Luk 11:25 And when he cometh, he findeth [it] swept and garnished.

Luk 11:26 Then goeth he, and taketh [to him] seven other spirits more wicked than himself; and they enter in, and dwell there: and the last [state] of that man is worse than the first.

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Mat 12:43 ¶ When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none.

Mat 12:44 Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth [it] empty, swept, and garnished

It was NOT what the scripture says!~ An un ckean spirit is not Jesus...

Why would you twist the scriptures like that??

Jesus / Yahshua said 44Then it says, 'I will return to the house I left.' When it arrives, it finds the house unoccupied, swept clean and put in order.

The dangerous consequences of their rejection of Jesus.

"When an unclean spirit goes out of a man, he goes through dry places, seeking rest, and finds none. Then he says, ‘I will return to my house from which I came.’ And when he comes, he finds it empty, swept, and put in order. Then he goes and takes with him seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter and dwell there; and the last state of that man is worse than the first. So shall it also be with this wicked generation."

a. When an unclean spirit goes out of a man, he goes through dry places, seeking rest, and finds none: Jesus grants us an important insight into the world of demons. Apparently, they (or at least some of them) desire a human host, and look for such among those who have "unfilled houses."

b. And the last state of that man is worse than the first: How important it is that we be filled with Jesus; as He fills us, we cannot be filled with any unclean spirit.

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 18 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In….

Matthew 12:44
Luke 11:25

Jesus / Yahshua said 44Then it says, 'I will return to the house I left.' When it arrives, it finds the house unoccupied, swept clean and put in order.

All you” once save always saved” would you try to convince me this man Jesus is referring to was not ever saved

what do the scripture refer to in salvation?
Matthew 12:44
Luke 11:25

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement