Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » Witnessing

Author Topic: Witnessing
sevenlamps
Advanced Member
Member # 6715

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sevenlamps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also, a good site for getting some quick exposure to witnesing would be wayofthemaster.com.

--------------------
Don't grieve the Holy Spirit

Posts: 63 | From: usa | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sevenlamps
Advanced Member
Member # 6715

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sevenlamps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If my memory serves me right I believe one of the gospels has Jesus telling his disciples not to go house to house. I'm not sure if that was only for one such outreach or if it was intended as instruction for the church. Find that verse and you might have a clue about that activity. God bless.

--------------------
Don't grieve the Holy Spirit

Posts: 63 | From: usa | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
corriee
Advanced Member
Member # 6705

Icon 1 posted      Profile for corriee   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is also a program by J. Vernon McGee
( ThrutheBible.com) and you can listen to his
through the Bible tapes on your computer. He is
a wonderful teacher.
Betty is correct tho about reading the Bible for yourself, or along with some one else and asking God to help you understand it. Not only does that help you understand the Bible, it increases you faith when the Holy Spirit teaches you. It is just so wonderful to experience that. Don't turn back, don't turn to a cult, people never get out from those and they are of satan.
Be grounded in the Gospel, the birth, death and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ. He is the one who came to save the world from their sins. He was man and He was God. God dwelt among us as a Man for a time and then gave Himself as a sacrifice that we might have eternal life.

Posts: 53 | From: Close to the heart of Texas | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Lou
Advanced Member
Member # 6713

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Lou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Blue Letter Bible.com is a great place to start.
You can read along while you listen. This is helpful to people like hubby and I who cannot pronounce many of the names in the Old Testament.

Posts: 35 | From: Washington State | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
htnqn28
Member # 6745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for htnqn28     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you so much for your response. I have a friend who's a Jehovah's Witness and many of his questions and statements have struck a cord with me (i.e. the fact that he reads his so-called bible religiously/dilligently and most Christians don't etc.)

I realize that he's in a cult and I pray that some how he'll come to know the real truth about God. In the mean time, I need to get myself extremely acquainted with the Bible so I can defend it and myself, when and if I'm able to discuss religion with him again.

Posts: 2 | From: California | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
corriee
Advanced Member
Member # 6705

Icon 1 posted      Profile for corriee   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Baptist Churches used to go out and knock on doors, expecially before revivals. Now they don't even have revivals. Things change, for the better or worse.
I think people got really tired of someone knocking on their door, expecially with the age of television. It disrupted their evening. I remember going on church visitation and in some homes television was louder than we were. No one could talk. We weren't welcome, so it gradually died out.
I am sure others have reasons, this is all I can think of at the moment. I am so happy that you have been saved and are in the family of God.

Posts: 53 | From: Close to the heart of Texas | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
htnqn28
Member # 6745

Icon 17 posted      Profile for htnqn28     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why is it that only Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses walk door to door to share their beliefs. As Christians, I'm sure that we'd like to have more people know the truth about the God. Is it because we shouldn't interfere in someone's private space (I'm a new christian and I've always wondered about this.)
Posts: 2 | From: California | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement