Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » Going nowhere, is that what God wants??

Author Topic: Going nowhere, is that what God wants??
sevenlamps
Advanced Member
Member # 6715

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sevenlamps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From your letter DeRick I discern that there is a family curse hanging over your life. The blood of Jesus can break that curse and set you free. "You shall know the truth and the truth will set you free". MY PRAYER: Father, in Jesus name, and by the power of His blood, I ask you to remove this curse from DeRick and set HIm free. Rebuke the devourer and return all the thief has stolen. Restore what the cankerworm, and the caterpillar have eaten. Restore his 'lost' years seven fold, in Jesus name. I declare that DeRick can do all things through Christ who strenghens him according to Phillipians 4:13. I ask that you increase his faith supernaturally to believe you for every promise you have made for believers. Thank you for making him your child. Help him to delight in you so he can have the desires of his heart. Minister to him in the nighttime in dreams and visions so he can grow quickly to trust you at your Word. Bridle his tongue to confess your Word constantly, in and out of season. Let your heavenly light be a light for his path and a lamp unto his feet. Baptize him with your Holy Spirit. Thank you for hearing and answering my prayer,in Jesus name......All things are possible for DeRick's Father in heaven. DeRick my friend, begin to give God thanksgiving for everything you are and have and want to become. Then Praise God for who He is.(Lord,Savior,King,Redeemer,Teacher,Shepherd,Righteousness,Peace,Joy,Love,Eternal,etc.)Then worship Him with all your heart. Cry out to Him. O Lord my God, I cried out to you, and you healed me. Psalms 30:2

--------------------
Don't grieve the Holy Spirit

Posts: 63 | From: usa | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IAAFOTL
Advanced Member
Member # 6414

Icon 16 posted      Profile for IAAFOTL   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear DeRick,

I believe that David gave you an important nugget for you to focus on, and that is, pursue the Lord and the things of the Lord. First of all, when you do, as David pointed out, the other "things" won't be as important. Your "mountains" will shrink. In addition, by you NOT focusing on those "things", it will allow God to and doors will begin to open for you. You can get a job if you ask God for it.
If it is God's will for you to marry and have a family, He will deliver a wife TO you, so you do not have to look for her. It may also NOT be God's plan for you to marry, sometimes, an answer to prayer is the answer NO. But in either case, you have to start spending more time counseling the Holy Spirit and start sowing the Word of God into your spirit. It is the food of your spirit, the only diet your spirit has. So, if you are not feeding your spirit then it becomes weak while your flesh becomes or remains strong. But if you will take care to feed your spirit the heavenly manna that God has provided, which is His Word, then the Holy Spirit will bring to your remembrance, the Word of God as it is needed during your daily life, to make decisions and to take actions.
I look forward to hearing from you in the coming weeks, having applied these things and testify of the changes you have noticed in your life!

God bless you!

--------------------
Study to show yourself approved, a workman unto God who needs not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the Word of Truth. 2 Timothy 2:15
_ ____ _
My screen name stands for "I am a Friend of The Lord's"

Posts: 64 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DeRick
Member # 6641

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DeRick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I acceptd Christ in '88, my real dad led me even though he backslid very badly. I do ok spititualy until im told theres no way out of my situation, i really feel like God's calling to something greater than this, but He put me in place here im surrounded by people who say i can't handle life. Folks at my church dont believe that, in fact they belive just the oppisitte (inluding my associate pastor, even though he says it not a good time now)
My mom & stepdad feard the church was giving me "false hope". I guess you could say theres a straned relationship between my church & my family.

Posts: 6 | From: Cozumel, Mexico | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 10 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello DeRick,

> I keep thnking of the Apostle Paul's "thorn in his side" and God refusing to take it out. Maybe thats me.

This could be very true. This is a tough one to reply to. Just to share some thoughts I had with you. I for one was never very happy at all until I was about 23 years. This is when I really starting to seek the Lord Jesus Christ. I am now 48 and have found out that the more you seek Him the more you will have peace at what ever situation you are in. This is true because when you invest your time in knowing Jesus, you don't worry about other things. Then one day you will relize that God has giving you what you wanted most. I didn't really know what I wanted until I came to know Jesus Christ. He will change your wants to be what is best for you if you give Him your life. This is only true when you truely fall in love with Jesus Christ and put Him first in your life.

And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart. Jeremiah 29:13 (KJV)

Hebrews 11:6 (NKJV)
But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.

Also I wanted you to know I prayed for you today.

God bless,
David

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DeRick
Member # 6641

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DeRick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Would this portion of the board include spiritual help, because i'm afraid i'm abit needy in this area:
I'm 37 years old, never had a real job, never had the chance to live independantly and never, NEVER EVER had anykind of romantic relationship with a woman. Ive been sheltered my entire life by my family who at alot of times can't really get along with eachother. My mom, stepdad and sister & her husband (and my late realdead and my late grandparents) said i can't hold a job, and be independant, never,ever find woman who would appreciate me enough to even wanna date me. My cousin said as long as you're in that situation they're right.
Now, i will say this my associate pastor put it this way, that my mom "needs me". Maybe thats his warm fuzzy way of saying that theres really no way out of my situation now.
God's just not saying "No, not now", He's saying "No, NEVER" And if i cant except that im carnal. I remember within my family, alot of the churches ive been to, and other social things, thered be these matchmakers saying "We oughta fix them up", id never be the object of thier conversation. When id ask about a certain woman, she's never "my type". Or when i thought i met potental someone, they looked as if they were trying to tell me someone died.
Why is God doing this? Im 37 NEVER had a date (something always came up). I cant even get a job, i have as much trouble finding a job thatll hire me as a woman to except me as more than a friend. I only had 1 job for 1 week and i was "let go" because they were afraid id get hurt on the job. So, you see its not just women not excepting me, its everthing else. Its just that never being romanticly loved is more of an obvious rejection that hurts the worst.
Sorry, im whining, i just need to get this off my chest. I know God's hearing me, its all these things thats been happening all my time is just unreal.
I keep thnking of the Apostle Paul's "thorn in his side" and God refusing to take it out. Maybe thats me.
The church i go to now dont really have a singles class because its also a town near FT. Hood, TX, so quite a bit of singles(men & women) are in the military and some even in Iraq.
I tried dating services but none are free, which i dont mind but i never used a credit card and my mom afraid of letting me have one.
Now, im brain damaged with poor eyesight and some kinda retardation/autism called "Aspergers Syndrome", but that "theory" hasn't been finalized yet and my family not gonna spend alot of $$$ on tests to prove they think they know i have.

Posts: 6 | From: Cozumel, Mexico | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement