Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » questions

Author Topic: questions
rain_lotus
Member # 6472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rain_lotus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks
Posts: 2 | From: canada | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If God knows the future, why would he test Abraham... doesn't he know that Abraham will be faithful?

God knew Abraham was faithful, but Abraham did not know. We go through trials to strengthen our faith and to show us what we are capable of and not capable of.
When we finish our trial we know what we need to work on and what we are doing well at. A runner doesn’t know what he is capable of until he runs. We do not know what we are capable of in Christianity, until we are tested.

If God knows the Satan would be devil and make others sin why would he create Satan?
Without evil, there would have been no choice for mankind. We would have been robots without free will. Just as Satan had a choice, so do we too have a choice.

If Satan is very bad, why won't God destroy him? so we can be tempted to do bad things?

One day Satan will be put in the lake of fire for eternity, but for now, it serves God’s purpose to allow Satan to work on this earth.

If God is merciful, then why would he let the sin Adam and Eva did past on to generations and do not forgive them?

God is merciful. He is so merciful that He sent His Son to die for mankind. Jesus left the Glories of Heaven to take on Human form, to suffer and die for mankind. All we have to do is accept Jesus as our Savior and Lord and we will be saved. God wants a relationship with man. We cannot just simply repent a prayer and live like we want to, to be saved. We have to make Jesus Lord of our lives. Jesus wants a personal relationship with us. We can choose to open our hearts and lives to Him or we can reject Him.

I challenge to open your heart and began to search the Bible for yourself. God loves you and He wants to have a personal relationship with you. Being a Christian will not make your life free from problems, but you will have Jesus in your heart and He will be there for you, through any problem you go through.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rain_lotus
Member # 6472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rain_lotus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am an atheist, but I am in a christian school. As teacher taught us about God... I had some questions...I asked my teacher and she don't know... so I was wondering if anybody can tell me the answer here......

If God knows the future, why would he test Abraham... doesn't he know that Abraham will be faithful?

If God knows the Satan would be devil and make others sin why would he create Satan?

If Satan is very bad, why won't God destroy him? so we can be tempted to do bad things?

If God is merciful, then why would he let the sin Adam and Eva did past on to genereations and do not forgive them?

wish there would be someone that can tell me the answer here.......

Posts: 2 | From: canada | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement