Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » Looking for local christians.....

Author Topic: Looking for local christians.....
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am glad. Sometimes God uses old crippled rusty Christians. [Razz]
Seriously, I pray that God will bless you and your ministry.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primoa1970
Advanced Member
Member # 1016

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Primoa1970     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you, Betty. I thought about doing that....maybe you just confirmed it for me.
-Primo

--------------------
1 John 1
9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

Posts: 639 | From: Orlando, FL | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is an idea. Make flyers and put the around a couple blocks of where you live, inviting people to a Bible Study. You might want to put your email address and have those interested email you and then decided who you feel more comfortable about inviting to your home.
May God bless you in this venture and for having a heart to want to reach others.
Are you attending a local Church? Sometimes, Pastors will help you get a group started.
Our Church has many Bible Studies going on every week out of homes.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primoa1970
Advanced Member
Member # 1016

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Primoa1970     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know of a resource that I can use (other than word of mouth) to find christians in my area?
I am trying to fire up a bible study at my house and.....if the Lord allows....eventually turn it into a preaching ministry. I live in Orlando, FL (zip code 32839) and I am looking for some people who would be willing to committ to this new ministry.

Your prayers and your advice will be welcomed with open arms. I realize that something like this is a calling....but I've had this tugging on my heart for about 4 years now. I am licensed with a degree (which means nothing in the eyes of God).

I look forward to what God has in store.

-Primo

--------------------
1 John 1
9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

Posts: 639 | From: Orlando, FL | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement