Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » Addiction

Author Topic: Addiction
kllane
Advanced Member
Member # 6275

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kllane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Bible]
Stephnie,
The bible tells us to come to God just as we are. Our salvation does not come to us because of the changes we make in our lives, our changes come because of our salvation, and the work of God's Holy Spirit. God does not see a pigpen in your fiance when he looks through the blood of his son Jesus Christ. He sees a new creation through that blood. Is your fiance saved? If so then God see him the same way he see the rest of us who have taken Jesus as our Lord and Savior. Trust God,for who he is, sin all sin is disobedience to God,be obediant to the things you are in controll of, and let God help with the this you need help with. Pray and ask God what to do about what the world see as marriage, because in God's covenant of marriage, when you gave yourself to this man,and he to you that's a covenant marriage. Therefore a man shall leave his mother and father,and the two shall become one. Pray about this and listen to God in his word, I also want his blessings on you, your fiance,and your children,and I know that his way will lead to just that. Blessings apon blessings,and streangth to walk as he leads. Even through teen challange. You will all be in my prayers!
Love in Christ, Kathy

Posts: 35 | From: texas | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HE LIVES
Advanced Member
Member # 4931

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HE LIVES     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stephanie,

I know several people that have been through Teen challenge, and it has changed their lives. Two of my close friends went through Teen Challenge and are now preaching the word.

I will say this though, Teen Challenge is a very tough program to make it through, but if he makes it through it, it will help him very much.

I will be praying for you and your family.

Your brother in Christ,
Chuck

Posts: 182 | From: Missouri | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sunnysoleil
Member # 6300

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sunnysoleil     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chuck and Kathy,

I thank you so much for your kind words and we have a meeting with out pastor today to get the ball rolling for Teen Challenge Farm (which is for men 18 and over, so I don't know why it's called TEEN challenge lol)I will post hopefully later today and update on the outcome.

Chuck I have great faith in the Lord and after reading your testimony, I showed it to my fiance and he has inspired him (I am tearing up as I write this, but in a happy way)I would like to thank you for giving him hope!

Kathy, we haven't gotten married because of his addiction. I feel that marriage is sacred, and I always told him only when he can respect our sanctity by bringing his WHOLE SOBER self to the table is when I will say I do before God.

I feel that if we say our I do's before God, in God's house when my fiance is still in the "pig pen" it would be a disgrace and sin, and not be blessed.

--------------------
My heart pounds within me, I cannot keep silent, for I have heard the sound of the trumpet, I have heard the Battlecry.’ Jeremiah 4:19

ATF 2006~ Hamilton Ontario

Posts: 4 | From: Grimsby | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kllane
Advanced Member
Member # 6275

Icon 18 posted      Profile for kllane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stephanie,
First I thank God that he has touched your heart, and made himself known to you. After reading your story,something stuck out. Your fiance and the father of your children, from age 21 untill now is still your fiance. Is there a reason that you have not entered the marriage covenant that God himself created for men and women? This si not a critical question, it seems necessary to me this day and age, because it seems to get put on the back burner by the society we live in.And it seems to me that it was very important to God, so it sould be important to us also. I was married to an achoholic for 17yrs, I was not walking under God's guidance,nor was I tring to. Then on day God broughtr that to my attention, I rededicated my life to Him, and started to seek his will for my life. Now my husband rebelled, and left me, but I trusted God for knowing what was right, and for being in control,and I continued to seek his will.For 3yrs my husband was gone, and could have carried less about God, our marriage or anything else, because he had chosen his way instead of God's. Whith Lots of prayer, and faith in God's all knowing, and his great power over all things, I remained faithful and grew in Christ as God's word instructed. One day God faithfully answer my prayer for my husband, and my prayers for the marriage covenant He created. Because of my obedience to God's requests to do it His way, He healed my family, and delievered my husband's acholic tendancies. My reason for this story, is to let you know, If you are faithful to live the way God's word tells us to, He is faithful to give us the desires of our heart, and all we need.
seek ye first the kingdom of God,and his righteousness,and all these things will be added unto you.
Praying that God will guide you and comfort you as he leads you.
Love in Christ, Kathy

Posts: 35 | From: texas | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HE LIVES
Advanced Member
Member # 4931

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HE LIVES     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stephanie,

First of all, I would just like you to know that I'm praying for you and your family.

I have been there and I know how hard it can be, but with God all things are possible.

If the people around you aren't giving you support then find some brothers and sisters in Christ that will help you. There are people out there that care, ask the Lord and He will lead you to the right people, but don't give up.

Here's my testimony.

I began smoking, drinking alcohol and using drugs, all before I was a teenager. The attitude that I had towards life gave me a complete lack of respect for others and their possessions. The drug and alcohol use only got heavier as I got older. In my 20’s I became addicted to methamphetamine and even began using needles to inject the drugs. I had reached the point where this world and its ways had taken everything from me, including a 10 yr. marriage and a relationship with my kids. I had tried everything that I knew to stop using, but I couldn't figure out how.

It was near this time in my life that a friend of mine, who saw my life was falling apart, began to tell me about Jesus and how much he loved me and cared about me. He told me Jesus had a greater plan for my life. I had never known about Jesus and did not have any church experience. I felt this Jesus he talked about might work for him, but my problems were much bigger than that. I needed something much more real to solve them. As time went on things continued to get worse and worse, to the point that I just did not know what to do anymore. I felt as if my back was against the wall and something was going to have to give. I had tried everything I knew to get my life together, and If something did not happen soon death or prison were right around the corner.

Then I realized I had tried everything, but Jesus. That was when I got down on my knees and asked Jesus to come into my life. I knew that I couldn’t do it alone, I needed him and his forgiveness. At that moment he came into my life and has been with me ever since. I have to thank my Father in heaven everyday for what he has done in my life. Since the day I asked Jesus to come into my life, He has put my family back together and delivered me from drug and alcohol addiction. He has just totally restored my life and my heart. I have been drug and alcohol free for 51 months. I even quit smoking after an almost 25 year habit.

These things ruled my life, but it was much more than just a drug and alcohol problem, it was a sin problem. I had spent my life outside the Lord's will, and there in lied the problem. Today, seeking the Lord and his will has changed my life!

It is all because of Jesus. I said earlier, when my friend told me about Jesus I thought I needed something more real in my life. What I know today is, there is nothing more real than Jesus. He is a real friend, a real savior and He is the real answer to our problems. God’s word says Jesus is the way, the truth and the life. Today I believe that with all my heart.

The best plan that I ever had got me in the mess that I was in, but the Lord has a perfect life changing plan for us all.

I just want to say if you have problems in your life today,(We all do, it's called sin) no matter what they are, I want you to know that Jesus is real. He loves you more than you will ever know. Don’t let this world lie to you and tell you that Jesus is not there. Just believe and call on his name and He is faithful to answer your call. I never knew Jesus before the day I called on Him, but since that day it has been like I’ve known Him forever. He’s the best friend that I’ve ever had, and He wants to be that same friend to you too. If you don’t know Him today, please don’t put Him off any longer. Whatever is wrong in your life, He is the answer. Just trust in Him, I’m so glad that I did.

The single greatest thing that has happened in my life was calling on the lord.

Your friend,

Chuck

Posts: 182 | From: Missouri | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sunnysoleil
Member # 6300

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sunnysoleil     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since I have read of a few of you struggling, I thought I'd like to share my story.
I was drinking at 13, an addict at the age of 16 (methamphetamine, cocaine, mdma) and at 21 I had had my first child. God placed this little being in my womb, I believe to save me from myself. I was sober throughout my pregnancy, but started up about a year after she was born. Then I watched in horror as my fiance (and babies daddy) became a full blown addict, stealing, manipulating, the works. I vowed to give my angel a safe home. We both supported each other, and I was able to stop and now HATE the "devil" as I call it now. Skip forward to 2007. We have been together 8 years, have 2 children and have started (Aug 2006) attending our local baptist church which we LOVE, and our children LOVE. I had never felt a power so great than that of the assurance I was truly loved by Him, and the emotion that overcame me when I accepted the sacrifice for my sin. I still to this day break into sobs when I think of a love so great. After having my children I thought I knew true love, but after finding God and Jesus Christ our Saviour, I now feel the complete circle of love. Anyway.
My fiance has not been so lucky and in fact has become more and more consumed with this evil addiction.
We are searching out and have applied for a Christian based substance abuse rehab program here in Ontario, Canada called Teen Challenge Farm. The program looks amazing.
I however become disheartened with my church's response to our cry for help. The youth pastor's wife who introduced us to the church when we met through community volunteer work, and who I have confided in and wept to about my situation, recently told me if I didn't get him out of the house she was going to call Children's Aid Society as I am endangering the welfare of my children. Did she not think I felt bad enough? Did she not think I was in enough pain? I realize and he realizes this can't go on. That was the REASON we went to them! Then she accused him of not wanting to get help and not being committed to the program. She is my age (27) and I thought she would be a little more optimistic that people can change if they truly want to and have the hand of God guiding them. My fiance is excited for this opportunity, but if I tell him what she has said, he will be crushed as he feels he has the church's support. He knows these are the only people who do not judge him. But he will start to question when he finds out the pastor's wife is judging him.
I don't know what to do [Frown]
With a heavy heart,
yet still in faith,
Stephanie

--------------------
My heart pounds within me, I cannot keep silent, for I have heard the sound of the trumpet, I have heard the Battlecry.’ Jeremiah 4:19

ATF 2006~ Hamilton Ontario

Posts: 4 | From: Grimsby | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement