Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » God,Jesus,and Faith

Author Topic: God,Jesus,and Faith
Bandit
Advanced Member
Member # 3643

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bandit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nilsen77:
Hello everyone,im new at this so bear with me.I have a question that burns in me sometimes.It is how do you know God and Jesus is in your heart.I might sound stupid but i just dont feel it sometimes.I asked Jesus into my heart but for some reason there s doubt.I believe 99% of God and Jesus.But theres always that 1% of maybe there is nothing and they dont exist.I wanna feel it 100%.I} just dont know how.Please help me. Thanks ,Jeff

Hello,

I believe one of the best books for this question is 1st John. Since it is only 5 chapters, you can read it in less than an hour. Do yourself a favor and sit down and read it carefully. In fact, prehaps you should read it every day for two or three days. God will speak to you if you do.

Bandit

Posts: 113 | From: Melbourne, Florida | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 18 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jeff, bear with me also, I think there is a place where we can attain no doubts in our Christian faith but I’m not there yet.

I don’t think the Apostle Paul struggled with doubting, Stephen or others who were filled with the Holy Spirit as the early church was filled....

I pray that Yahweh will fill us all as He filled the early Church and that we might also turn the world upside down as they did for the glory of Yahweh.

Salvation is based on the Covenant between Yahweh and Yeshua, we get in the covenant by trusting the finished work of Calvary alone.

Be blessed
Dale

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Jeff
Welcomee to the BBS board, its nice to have you here.

IF you have confessed with your mouth (made a public statement) the Lord Jesus Christ, and you believe (know and are willing to ACT on it) that God raised Jesus from the dead, then you are saved.

"Yeah, but what if I don't feel like I'm saved?"

What are you supposed to feel like? The Word of God doesn't say we're supposed to get heartburn, turn cartwheels, turn blue, or anything like that.

We're just supposed to believe. Jesus said "blessed are you (talking to the disciples) who have seen, but MORE BLESSED are those who have not seen, AND YET BELIEVE."

While salvation is a life-changing experience, it is not tied to an emotional experience, although it can be quite emotional. When I first realized, fully, what God had done for me through Jesus, I couldn't stop crying. Crying with joy at the thought of forgiveness and eternal life...sobbing with pain over the time that I had wasted in ignoring Him, grinning from ear to ear over the weight that I no longer carried on my back. But now, many years down the road, while I still cry sometimes when I look at my failures and smile at His successes, I have peace, knowing that because He said I was saved, I am saved....and for no other reason. Besides, that, He can't lie!

"Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God." (1 John 4:15)

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nilsen77
Member # 6245

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nilsen77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey whats up,well,i think i can feel Jesus in my heart.All it took was a return
too work after a long weekend.I stand around and see some of my co-workers and
their language.Some of them committing adultery and all i can do is say thank
you to God that im not doing these things and pray for them.Yes it feels
wonderful to know that i know and feel what is right from wrong and try to help
people when i can,and ask God to forgive them.

--------------------
Jeff Nilsen

Posts: 3 | From: PA | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteEagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nilsen77:
Hello everyone,im new at this so bear with me.I have a question that burns in me sometimes.It is how do you know God and Jesus is in your heart.I might sound stupid but i just dont feel it sometimes.I asked Jesus into my heart but for some reason there s doubt.I believe 99% of God and Jesus.But theres always that 1% of maybe there is nothing and they dont exist.I wanna feel it 100%.I} just dont know how.Please help me. Thanks ,Jeff

It's called FAITH. [Wink]

I don't always "feel" that Jesus lives in my heart, but you know it in your spirit as you study and learn the scriptures and spend time in prayer and most of all when we are obedient to the commandments of Jesus. Our actions show WHAT or WHO is in our hearts or who rules our spirit.

Posts: 1392 | From: Maine | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nilsen77
Member # 6245

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nilsen77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

--------------------
Jeff Nilsen

Posts: 3 | From: PA | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement