Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » I confessed my sins... now what?

Author Topic: I confessed my sins... now what?
Bandit
Advanced Member
Member # 3643

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bandit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mofo:
I have lied to myself for years and it has been eating away at me for years. I finally broke down and confessed my sins, after reading a couple of websites, but i don't know how to be born again.. please help me...

Accept Jesus as your King and follow Him. The King has left instructions for you. Read the New Testament (and especially the Gospels) and you will find these instructions. Those who live in submission to His teaching are saved; those who reject His teaching are condemned.

Bandit

Posts: 113 | From: Melbourne, Florida | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteEagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I am from New Jersey, but I am currently away attending university in Pennsylvania. I don't know where to start looking for people to talk to in my area, nor do I want to go back to NJ, as I will be near the things I want to stay away from now on. i have started reading John, and I am trying hard to change my life around. I even try to pray whenever i have the time, whether i am driving, at work, class, etc. It is just so hard when I try to change and just suddenly start thinking about the past. I am even afraid to go to sleep sometimes, because i feel like i have no control of my dreams. I will search harder for a pastor or someone i can talk to on a regular basis. The only other person that I know that is saved is my fiend Luke, but he is not always available. I have also tried skype to look for others to talk to, but have had no luck. I want to have a new life, to be saved, but i feel that i cannot do it alone.

The Pastor is correct, we can't change ourselves.
Jesus sent the Holy Spirit to born again believers and the Holy Spirit will lead you to all truth and how to walk in your new life.

You are a new creature and as a Christian whenever you read and study the Bible the Lord will speak to your spirit and it is a slow process to change in some areas. Pray to the Lord for wisdom and understanding and how to handle situations as they come up.

As to your fear of sleeping, it sounds like the Enemy (Satan) is attacking you spiritually in that area. Fear is not from God. ( 2 Timothy 1:7)
Pray before you go to bed and ask the Lord to cover you with the Blood of Jesus Christ and protection from the Enemy as you sleep. Satan is alive and well and he hates new believers and he will try to keep you from growing in the Lord.

Rest in doing the good you know to do and be obedient in the things of God you know now and God will honor that and lead you to know more of Him.

God Bless and Merry Christmas!

Posts: 1392 | From: Maine | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mofo
Community Member
Member # 4608

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mofo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by artm:
Hi, I am a Pastor,And I have heard testimonies like yours a thousand times.

I will make this short. It is always hard to serve God when we set out to do so in " our strength " or " our ability".

Actually you will find, As you may be right now,That in your strength you can't live a victorious life for Christ.

And yet it is possible to live such a life. But only as you realize that it is through Christ,And what he did for you on the Cross that gives the victory.

I was talking to one of the ladies in my Church,And she was having a terrible time serving God in the manner she desired.

I told her to stop trying so hard. She looked at me all confused. After all didn't she have to try with all of her might.?

All of her might is just flesh.

Please read Romans Chapters six,seven,and eight.

The Apostle Paul said, " What I want to do,I can't do,And what I don't want to do is what I find myself doing.

Then he said, " O Wretched man that I am, Who shall deliver me ?, Then he received the revelation that gave him victory,and it will give everyone victory who will receive it,Including you.

He said, " even Christ Jesus.

Victory is not what you can do,It is what Christ has already accomplished on the Cross.

Again, read romans chapters six,seven,and eight. And let the revelation of what Christ has accomplished for you,and every believer on the cross, and victory will be yours.

God bless you in Jesus Name. Pastor Mann

If I read this, I will understand what to do?
Posts: 7 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 18 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.christianfilms.com/hollywoodrules.htm

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
artm
Advanced Member
Member # 6243

Icon 1 posted      Profile for artm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, I am a Pastor,And I have heard testimonies like yours a thousand times.

I will make this short. It is always hard to serve God when we set out to do so in " our strength " or " our ability".

Actually you will find, As you may be right now,That in your strength you can't live a victorious life for Christ.

And yet it is possible to live such a life. But only as you realize that it is through Christ,And what he did for you on the Cross that gives the victory.

I was talking to one of the ladies in my Church,And she was having a terrible time serving God in the manner she desired.

I told her to stop trying so hard. She looked at me all confused. After all didn't she have to try with all of her might.?

All of her might is just flesh.

Please read Romans Chapters six,seven,and eight.

The Apostle Paul said, " What I want to do,I can't do,And what I don't want to do is what I find myself doing.

Then he said, " O Wretched man that I am, Who shall deliver me ?, Then he received the revelation that gave him victory,and it will give everyone victory who will receive it,Including you.

He said, " even Christ Jesus.

Victory is not what you can do,It is what Christ has already accomplished on the Cross.

Again, read romans chapters six,seven,and eight. And let the revelation of what Christ has accomplished for you,and every believer on the cross, and victory will be yours.

God bless you in Jesus Name. Pastor Mann

Posts: 50 | From: New York | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mofo
Community Member
Member # 4608

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mofo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am from New Jersey, but I am currently away attending university in Pennsylvania. I don't know where to start looking for people to talk to in my area, nor do I want to go back to NJ, as I will be near the things I want to stay away from now on. i have started reading John, and I am trying hard to change my life around. I even try to pray whenever i have the time, whether i am driving, at work, class, etc. It is just so hard when I try to change and just suddenly start thinking about the past. I am even afraid to go to sleep sometimes, because i feel like i have no control of my dreams. I will search harder for a pastor or someone i can talk to on a regular basis. The only other person that I know that is saved is my fiend Luke, but he is not always available. I have also tried skype to look for others to talk to, but have had no luck. I want to have a new life, to be saved, but i feel that i cannot do it alone.
Posts: 7 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteEagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I have lied to myself for years and it has been eating away at me for years. I finally broke down and confessed my sins, after reading a couple of websites, but i don't know how to be born again.. please help me...

To be born again you state you have confessed your sins. Confessing your sins to The Lord Jesus Christ and asking forgiveness and then making your decision to turn away from the things in your life and actions you have done and follow Jesus'. Reading the New Testament is a good start to finding out about Jesus and finding other believers to talk to in your community.
Jesus will give you the faith to believe in Him.
God Bless.

Posts: 1392 | From: Maine | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Betty Lou
http://www.crusade.org/fourlaws/ -How to become a Christian?
http://www.getsaved.com/
http://www.gospelcom.net/rbc/ds/q0702/ -How do I live a Christian life?
http://www.favorminded.com/index1.html - What is going to happen in the future?
http://members.aol.com/jesusandsue7/Page16.html - cool songs about Jesus.
http://www.lil-bit-n-more.com/gospelsounds.htm
http://www.audio-bible.com/bible/bible.html - listening to the Bible online

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ahar
Advanced Member
Member # 5810

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ahar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
where in the bible should i start?

Start with John in the new Testament. You may find that talking to other people a help - the web isn't always a great communication medium. Do you have a Christian church nearby? Contact the pastor there and have a chat.

--------------------
Cheers

Andy

Posts: 290 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mofo
Community Member
Member # 4608

where in the bible should i start?
lonlesol
Advanced Member
Member # 4511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lonlesol   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Read the Bible on a daily basis mofo, ponder on God's Word, and the Holy Spirit will lead you...God expects you to do good all the time, whether you feel like it or not...it takes practice and patience but you will learn to understand what He expects from you... [Smile]
Posts: 478 | From: Quebec | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mofo
Community Member
Member # 4608

how do i get to understand what He expects of me?
Chaplain Bob
Advanced Member
Member # 5019

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaplain Bob     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't confuse the issue guys. There's nothing complicated about being "born again". That is what you become when you make the deliberate choice to become a follower of the Lord Jesus. Not a denomination or a set of rules, doctrine or dogma. Just make the decision to be His follower and learn more about Him and what He expects of you. You will understand more as you grow spiritually. It may be an emotional experience complete with "lightning bolts" or it may not. We are all different.

--------------------
In His Service,
Bob Allen

Posts: 209 | From: Checotah, Oklahoma | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TB125
Advanced Member
Member # 2450

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TB125   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mofo,
Yes it is; see 2 Cor 5:17. My statement on "Your New Life in Christ" explains this: http://christianityetc.org/new_life_in_Christ.php. Check it out. It should answer your questions.

--------------------
Bob

Posts: 449 | From: Rockford Illinois | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"is being saved or born again is like becoming a new person all together? "

To me it is yes, I am a new person in Christ.

It is simply through repentance toward God and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. Confess and forsake your sins, and trust in Jesus alone for your eternal salvation.

When you do, you receive spiritual life through the Holy Spirit who comes to live within you.

Ephesians 4:18 and 1 Peter 1:23

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mofo
Community Member
Member # 4608

is being saved or born again is like becoming a new person all together?
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How do I become saved?

The Roman jailer who held Paul and Silas were thrown in jail at Philippi, the chief city of that part of Macedonia, for freeing a woman from a familiar spirit. The act caused the men who were using her as a fortuneteller to lose their income, so they accused the two men of doing unlawful things. In jail, Paul and Silas prayed, sang to the Lord, and witnessed to those around them. A great earthquake shook the jail apart, and the prisoners were freed.

Paul called for no one to leave, and the jailer, who would have been executed if he had lost any prisoners, was completely stunned at such an act.

Paul writes of the occurrence:
“Then [the jailer] called for a light, and sprang in, and came trembling, and fell down before Paul and Silas, And brought [Paul and Silas] out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. And they spake unto him the word of the Lord, and to all that were in his house” (Acts 16:29-32).

The jailer was saved simply by believing in Jesus. What, then, is this sort of belief that saves the soul?

Paul the apostle tells us:
“…if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved” (Rom. 10: 9).

Simply believe God’s Word that Jesus is the Savior of your soul, and trust in Him alone to keep you saved for eternity.

When you do this, the Bible tells us through the Apostle Paul:
“For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord” (Rom. 8:38-39).

If you haven't been saved yet~~~~ here is a warning for you:
Jesus is expected back at any moment now! Then it will be to late for you, and you will be forever lost.

I am praying for all the lost and unconcerned, even if they are trolls. [happyhappy]

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TB125
Advanced Member
Member # 2450

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TB125   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,
Here is a statement that I have written on "Your New Life in Christ" that may be helpful: http://christianityetc.org/new_life_in_Christ.php. There are some other statements on my site that may also be helpful, including the one on "Faith" at: http://christianityetc.org/faith.php. These statements should help you to understand how to be born again. God bless you.

--------------------
Bob

Posts: 449 | From: Rockford Illinois | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mofo
Community Member
Member # 4608

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement