Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » Clash of Christianity & Work?

Author Topic: Clash of Christianity & Work?
ahar
Advanced Member
Member # 5810

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ahar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Eden

--------------------
Cheers

Andy

Posts: 290 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, Ahar.

Firing people is a painful thing to do. However, you are an employee of the company, hired to do certain tasks, one of which is to fire employees, I say to you: "do your job."

If there be any bornagain Christians among the people you are required to fire, Yahweh Jireh will provide, often in unexpected ways.

If there be among them who do not know Yahweh, at times being in a jam draws them to Yahweh, at last.

To summarize, Ahar, "do your job specifications".

with love, Eden

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ahar
Advanced Member
Member # 5810

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ahar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Guys, I was hoping that you could help with an issue I have at work

The project I am currently working on is an outsourcing project - we are looking to take a significant amount of work from the government and consolidate the services within a group of companies to improve service, improve efficiency and save money. The section I am leading is likely to lead to the eventual firing of all the employees working in that area, at least 65 people. The area they work in won't really be needed anymore - they could continue their work but it would be far more efficent to make the process changes and let them go.

Firing people is not a nice thing to do. Pretty much, the hardship and suffering they will experience is as a direct result of the work I'm doing. However, I feel that in the long term the outcome is positive - less money spent by the Government on work like this is more money that can be spent on schools and hospitals.

Having thought and prayed about this, I seem to feel fine about it, but I'm wondering if I'm on the right track? Of course I'm sorry for the hard times they may go through, but is it the Right thing to do?

--------------------
Cheers

Andy

Posts: 290 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement