Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » JUDGE NOT?

Author Topic: JUDGE NOT?
Itty-Bitty Girl
Advanced Member
Member # 4579

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Itty-Bitty Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Clay777:

Next time a false teacher quotes "Judge not lest ye be judged", respond by saying:
"Twist not scripture lest ye be like Satan".

Yup. Sounds nice. I think I'll take that. Praise God!
Posts: 1051 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clay777
Community Member
Member # 5985

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clay777   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, Rose said it well.

Also:

But now I am writing to you not to associate with anyone who bears the name of brother if he is guilty of sexual immorality or greed, or is an idolater, reviler, drunkard, or swindler--not even to eat with such a one. For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Is it not those inside the church whom you are to judge? God judges those outside. "Purge the evil person from among you."
(1 Corinthians 5:11-13)

False Christians and false teachers love to twist Matthew 7:1 so that you hopefully won't see their fruits. "Thus you will recognize them by their fruits. (Matthew 7:20)". Jesus wants us to be on the lookout for false teachers! He said that MANY would come and try to decieve us!

Next time a false teacher quotes "Judge not lest ye be judged", respond by saying:
"Twist not scripture lest ye be like Satan".

--------------------
Clay
www.truthfindersgame.com

Posts: 8 | From: Wake Forest, NC | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itty-Bitty Girl
Advanced Member
Member # 4579

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Itty-Bitty Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aww, bless you Nina!

When people say the words, "Judge not, lest thee be judged." They often use it in the wrong context to silence righteous judgment. This is a very evil and ignorant thing to do.

In the bible the verse is used in the context of hypocritical or self-righteous judgment rather than righteous judgment.

Take a look for yourself in full context:

ST. MATTHEW 7:1-5 Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother’s eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Or how wilt thy say to thy brother, Let me pull the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and thou shall see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother’s eye.

Very similar to these verses:

Romans 2:1-3 Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doeth the same things. But we are sure that the judgment of God is according to truth against them which commit such things. And thinkest thou this, O man, that judgest them which do such things, and doest the same, that thou shalt escape the judgment of God?

See? It is best to make scripture agree with scripture! [Smile]

Posts: 1051 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NLP
Advanced Member
Member # 5870

Icon 9 posted      Profile for NLP     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How do we rightly divide “judging”, because we have all heard it “Judge not” by others (especially non-Christians: I think it’s their favorite verse to use against us) and I know Jesus also has said in addition to “Judge not” ; “You have judged rightly” and when Paul came down on the Corinthians for not “Judging the smallest matter”.

I don’t believe we are suppose to sit back and keep ours mouths shut, because it seems that as Christians we are told if we say anything about anything we are “judging” and it personally drives me crazy.

Maybe my question is what is considered to be judging in the eyes of the Lord vs. man? It seems our society is more and more making excuses for evil behavior and thus justifying it by saying “Have pity on the evil one” but of course they don’t actually use the term Evil instead they say sick, not well, not in their right mind, not their fault, just born that way, they only did it because it was done to them, etc.

So how are we suppose to discern this? Is it right or can we pray for God’s judgment on someone who we believe is evil without being in fear of judgment on ourselves?

What is God’s definition of judging (not man’s)? [Confused]

I would appreciate any insight on this. This is really troubling me.

Nina

Posts: 45 | From: New York | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement