Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » which church is the true church?

Author Topic: which church is the true church?
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For my younger years- It was OrthodoX Judiasm
For my life outside of my parents house it is broken down like this:
7 Years as a Baptist
21 Years at the Military Chapel
all together I am a Messianic Jew!
So what church do I belong to the one Jesus resides over!

Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Otherwise, I am a Baptist, but not one of those water regeneration baptists.
-----------------------

What is that? I am Baptist and have never heard that term before.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
studious
Community Member
Member # 5867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for studious   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the true church is the body of Christ itself into which all true believers are baptised by the Spirit of truth upon conversion, and their soul is cut loose from first adamic flesh, while the lost image of Christ is restored. The last part can be discerned in 2 cor 4:4, and the 2nd chapter of Colossians can cover the rest (at least in a King James bible, which I believe, and conform my behavior and thought life to when I see to do so. Other versions use other words, break up cascading intersteps of meaning, omit verses, and words, and do not use italics when adding words to explain the Hebrew and Greek like the King James people did, being honest men not trying to establish one particular sect, in my opinion.).
So...
Otherwise, I am a Baptist, but not one of those water regeneration baptists.

Posts: 15 | From: Indiana | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The New Testament clearly adovates that Jesus the Christ is the sole Head of Christiandom and ask us to be committed to him! There are two wordings in the bible that tells us the collective church is called regardless of the denomination. The two phrases are: See 1 CORIN. 1:2

Church of God
Church of Christ

Since both are inseperable the true church are made of those who have come to terms that Jesus is The Way, The Truth, and The Life no man comes to the Father but by me!

James 4:12 : There is ONE lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy: who art thou that judges another?

Deuteroonomy 4:2 Under Moses'law the people were not allowed to add to or subtract from the commandments. Deut. 12:32 God expected the people to Do whatever he had commanded them to do!
You find this same phrase in the last book of the Revelations!

Matthew 16:18 If Jesus is the builder of His church (family) then He is the Supreme ruler of it. Galatians 1:8,9 Men, women, angels have NO AUTHORITY TO TEACH doctrines different than that taught in the New Testament. (Ephesians 1: 22,23) Jesus the Christ is the only head of the church. Those who obey the teachings of the New Testament will be blessed (James 1:25). Jesus being God in the flesh (John1:14) has all preeminence in the church. (Gal 1:8,9; REV 22:18,19) Those who disregaRd (obey not) what the Lord has commanded in the New Testament "WILL HAVE THEIR NAMES REMOVED FROM THE BOOK OF LIFE and on the same token those who have obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ will enter in the city or what we Christians have dubbed salvation.

The way I go to church if I travel, I go to the nearest one regardless of the denomination ( as long as it is not a Cultic Church) and fellowship with those who love Jesus in their special ways!
I also believe the church in its lessor term is the community in which we live afterall Jesus walked with the rejected, the opposed, the downhearted. Therefore, we being called to serve Him, must serve Him according to scriptures and not according to another teaching that may seem to be rhetorically good.

I used to be so dogmatic and almost down right cruel when approached by people of different walks of life- the military life which took me literally around the globe many times over have taught me- that each person alive have different worldviews, even within Christiandom- this is where the New Testament tells us THAT THE CHURCH IS ONE BODY WITH MANY MEMBERS. These members who are following Jesus as they have been called although humanly imperfect. Perfection will not come until Jesus returns and remove sin and all its by products!

Mother Teresa, said it best-

If you want to live for Jesus, remove your denomination or whatever you call yourself and be solo a pilgrim of Jesus. He is the shepherd that leads the flock and no one else!

Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The true church is not a denomination... the true church has members in perhaps every denomination... the true church is those who are born again and have become one with Christ.

Denominations (sects/divisions/heresies)the Bible teaches were necessary that we would come to know who is approved... they were come that those who were approved would be manifest ...

1Co 11:19 For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.

When there is denominational difference there is difference because there is truth and there is error among us. When this occurs, the truth manifests itself in that it aligns with the scripture and it endures the trials of time.

Today we see in the Episcopal Church for example the ordination of women and even practicing homosexuals... this is sin and abomination with GOd... but this began many many many years ago with a failure to stand on the inerrancy of scipture and a tendency to esteem the opinions of men over that which is written as time goes on we see sin continue to manifest itself as sin... where once we sat next to one who seemed sound in a church pew today we see that same person now espousing the acceptability of the homosexual life style... the approved and the disapproved is becoming manifest.

The denominational system must eventually come to an end and it will, because the true church must come out of Babylon and she will because HIS sheep know HIS voice and do follow and HE is leading HIS church out of Babylon.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was raised in the Assembly of God Church. The first 20 years that is where I went to Church. After my husband got saved, he wanted to attend the Baptist Church. We have been attending the Baptist Church for the most part the last 16 years.
I am a Christian first. My faith in Jesus is what matters no what Church I attend. This said, I do believe a Christian needs to be in a Church that preaches and teaches the truth of the Gospel. If I only go to Churches that feed the flock milk, I will remain a baby Christian all my life. I think a Christian should avoid Churches that not only take away from the Gospel but try to add their own requirements to salvation. Jesus, Himself talked about how the Jewish people went to so much trouble to be ceremonially clean on the outside while inside they were filthy and unclean before God. Rituals do not make us clean before God. We are filthy sinners and only the blood of Jesus saves us.

Obviously any Church that is more concerned about being PC should be avoided.
If Jesus were walking today in this world yes, He would reach out to prostitutes and homosexuals, but he would not be working beside them as a prostitute and would not be performing gay weddings. Churches that have removed mentioning the blood of Jesus and stopped talking about sin have not only lost their mission but they are leading people to hell and they will stand before God and account for that. Too many Churches have become more concerned about pleasing people that they have become nothing more than social clubs. I have not attended every Baptist Church, but of the 5 I have visited, I have found the Baptist Church to be a Church that is not afraid to preach the truth of God’s Word and have not forgotten the Churches call for Missions.
I love my Church and my Pastor, but if next Sunday he was too say that we are no longer going to talk about sin, I would be out the door.
God's truth is more important than my Pastor or my Church. No matter what Church you were raised in, if they have become PC or they are not preaching the truth of the Gospel, you need to pray that God will help you find a good Bible preaching Church.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NLP
Advanced Member
Member # 5870

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NLP     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by nan29:
What's your denomination? In your opinion or belief which church is the true church?

Non-demoninational

I actually believe that one church can having the following members:
Laodiceans,
Ephesus,
Smyrna,
Thyatira,
Sardis,
Philadelphia,
Pergamos
So in turn I do not believe any particular church is the true church. For example: A baptist church can be made up of people, but the actually individuals of this church can be part of any of the 7 churches Jesus mentions in Revelations. I hope that makes sense.
I have never seen a church that I agree 100% with their "doctrines", but as long as they following the Bible to be Truth, I believe the rest is up to the individual. I don't however believe a true believer would want to be part of a church that justifies and then promotes sin.

Posts: 45 | From: New York | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ahar
Advanced Member
Member # 5810

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ahar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I just want to know what people believe, hopefully this won't turn into a debate. Thank you.

I best stay out of this one then [Smile]

Although I'm an Anglican this is because it's the church I was brought up in. One of the main differences between the Church of England churches and others is that the church services and the communion are very structured and quite formal. This extends to marriage ceremonies and other areas of the church - certain clothes for the vicar and the choir to wear, different hymns to sing at different times of the year etc. The structures stem from the church tradition going back hundreds of years - the book of common prayer, parts of which are still used in some services, was written in 1662 and stems from the same tradition that caused the King James Version of the bible to be written.

--------------------
Cheers

Andy

Posts: 290 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
What's your denomination? Why did you choose that particular denomination? What are some of the main differences between denominations? In your opinion or belief which church is the true church? (I'm not looking to debate. I just want to know what people believe, hopefully this won't turn into a debate.) Thank you.

It is not about denomination or church. It is about knowing Jesus Christ and being born-again. If any church does not put Jesus Christ first, as the head of the church then you should get out of it. The church is the entire body of people that follow Jesus Christ and know Him. If you don't know Him, love Him and follow Him then you are not in the true church of Christ.

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nan29
Advanced Member
Member # 5761

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nan29     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's your denomination? Why did you choose that particular denomination? What are some of the main differences between denominations? In your opinion or belief which church is the true church? (I'm not looking to debate. I just want to know what people believe, hopefully this won't turn into a debate.) Thank you.
Posts: 38 | From: New York | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement