Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » Can someone explain this story to me?

Author Topic: Can someone explain this story to me?
Thunderz7
Advanced Member
Member # 31

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Thunderz7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ezekiel 37 - the church His body not yet revealed
YHWH is not subject to time, HE created it.

Paul wrote much of the body in the times before "the revealing", so why could Ezekiel, by the same Holy Spirit, not do the same.

Romans 2:29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

T7

Posts: 1113 | From: Northeast Alabama | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
epouraniois
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The problem with Ez speaking about the body of Christ, is mixing it up with the church His body, only later refealed to Paul for the hope of Gneiltes, and that the Bible says was a Secret hid from ages of time and from generations of men, hid in God.

The fact that this secret was never revealed until after AD64 makes it pretty impossible for anyone to know about it before it was revealed.

In fact, the Holy Spirit inspired apostle makes this clear many times, but once in particular so puts it as to state that there are no traces of this secretd at all, the word in the Greek is "untrackable" = without any tracks, and is transated by the word "unsearchable" in the first epistle that does in fact reveal that God had a Secret He hid in Himself (not in the Bible):

Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ; And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God, According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:
(Eph 3:8-11)

It is even a problem to attribute the church His body to any of the Acts period letters as well, for it simply WAS NOT THEN YET REVEALED, and therefore, not the subject until after Acts 28:28, when it was thereafter revealed for the hope of you gentiles. Not for Israel's hope, but for the hope of you genitles (Eph3:1).

Romans - the church His body not yet revealed
Corinthians - the church His body not yet revealed
Thesselonians - the church His body not yet revealed
Hebrews - the church His body not yet revealed
James - the church His body not yet revealed
Peter - the church His body not yet revealed
John's 3 epistles - the church His body not yet revealed
Jude - the church His body not yet revealed
4 Gospels - the church His body not yet revealed
The Old Testament - the church His body not yet revealed
Revelation - - the church His body not yet revealed

Ephesians - The Mytery First Revealed - had been Secret
Colossians - The Mytery First Revealed - had been Secret
Philippians - The Mytery First Revealed - had been Secret
Timothy - The Mytery First Revealed - had been Secret
Titus - The Mytery First Revealed - had been Secret
Philemon - The Mytery First Revealed - had been Secret

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thunderz7
Advanced Member
Member # 31

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Thunderz7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree that Ezk.37 has much to say about the nation of Israel and is prophetic of Israel.

I also think Ezk.37 has much to say about the Body of Christ and is prophetic of the Body.

look at Ezk.37 in relation to Rom.12:1-4;
Ezk.37 in relation to 1Cor.12:12-26;
Ezk 37 in relation to Eph 4:1-16

So easy to see Israel and the Body of Christ, taking nothing from either.

T7

Posts: 1113 | From: Northeast Alabama | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
epouraniois
unregistered

the dry bones are Israel during the Lord's ministry and afterwards, for some 35 years during the Acts, when Israel could, due to the Lord fulfilling all things concerning Him (Luk 24:44 ) finally receive their 'at hand' kingdom.
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Les Feldick
http://www.lesfeldick.org/index.html

Ezekiel 37 is talking about the Nation of Israel out of the land; out among the Gentile nations scattered across the world without a land, altar, or priesthood. This has been the lot of the Jew ever since 70 AD. But it's not going to stay that way. And Israel out of the land is a Nation that is in its grave. And that is the whole concept you need to remember as you read this Chapter.

Ezekiel 37:2

"And caused me to pass by them round about: and, behold, there were very many in the open valley; and, lo, they were very dry."

If you know anything about bones, you realize the longer they lie out in the sun, the whiter and dryer they get. The emphasis here is that Israel has been out of the land, the place of blessing, for a long time - over 1900 years. It was from 70 A.D. when Titus destroyed the city of Jerusalem and the Temple, that the Jews were scattered throughout the then-known world. They didn't become a nation again until 1948. So they were out there a long time.

Ezekiel 37:3

"And he said unto me, Son of man, can these bones live?..."

The normal answer from a human standpoint would have been, "No way!" How could a nation as tiny as Israel completely subjugated by her Gentile enemies ever come back on the scene. I guess when you have an agnostic, or someone who has trouble believing the Bible as the Word of God, one of the most viable proofs, that this Book is supernatural and is the Word of God, is the Jew. He is living proof that this Book knows what it's talking about - keep that in mind. This little nation should have been completely obliterated. They should have been totally assimilated into the various nations of the world and lost their identity completely - but they haven't. And we have seen them go back to their land.

Another miracle is the Hebrew language. It was dead. Even the Jews didn't speak Hebrew for hundreds of years. But when some of the Zionists first anticipated going back to what we call Palestine to make it a Jewish homeland, they demanded that people learn and speak Hebrew again. So, if you go to Israel today, all the billboards and all the highway signs are Hebrew and English. Never has a dead language ever been brought back to life as it has here. Another absolute proof of the prophetic word. So he says:

Ezekiel 37:4

"Again he said unto me, `Prophesy upon these bones, and say unto them, O ye dry bones, hear the word of the LORD.'"

Now the most that people know about Ezekiel 37 is the old well-known spiritual, isn't it? "The hip bone's connected to the..." and so on and so on. Well, that's where it came from. It's from this Chapter. But it's speaking of something far more important than just a skeleton. Remember, we're talking about the Nation of Israel as they have been out there amongst the Gentile nations.

Ezekiel 37:5

"Thus saith the LORD GOD unto these bones (to these Israelites scattered throughout the world); `Behold, I will cause breath to enter into you, and ye shall live.'" In other words, a national breath. They will once again become a nation of people.

Ezekiel 37:6

"And I will lay sinews upon you, and will bring up flesh upon you,..."

This is a symbolic language. It is merely speaking of that which was dead and seemingly without hope: all of a sudden they are coming back. The Nation of Israel is in the news every day, seven days a week for some reason or another. But they haven't reached yet, all this is looking forward to - but they're certainly on their way.

Ezekiel 37:6

"...and cover you with skin, and put breath in you, and ye shall live; and ye shall know that I am the LORD."

It's amazing that in spite of all that Israel has accomplished (the tremendous increase in agricultural production; large high-rise building projects; freeway construction. It's just unbelievable), they do not give God any of the credit. They just claim that they are doing it on their own. But the Lord says that one day they will realize that they didn't do it on their own. That it was the work of their Almighty God. Alright, verse 7:

Ezekiel 37:7

"So I prophesied as I was commanded: and as I prophesied, there was a noise, and behold a shaking,..."

We want you to see the illustration. This great valley floor, just covered with dry bones. That's what we want to picture mentally. All of a sudden those bones begin to move, to shake and rattle - they begin to come together and form skeletons. Then soon, the flesh comes on them; and then the skin. And the day is coming when the life will come on them. Now, all of this is just symbolic language in regard to the Nation of Israel away from their homeland. Scattered amongst the nations. Seemingly no hope of ever having a homeland. But little by little, beginning in 1897, a Viennese Jew by the name of Theodor Herzl dreamed of a homeland for the Jews, and founded the World Zionist Organization. The British Government and other powers at that time, thought they could set them aside an area in Africa someplace. But these Jews said, "No we don't want someplace in Africa. We want our own homeland. We want the land of our forefathers." And of course we know now from history that it was quite a battle. The British fought them tooth and toenail, all during the eight days after World War II.

Very few people are aware that as the Jews were escaping Europe from the holocaust, the British navy patrolled the Mediterranean Sea day and night, trying to intercept the boat people of that day, who were the Israelites, or Jews, coming out of Europe. If they intercepted them, they would put them in refugee camps on the island of Cyprus. But the few that got through went into the land of Israel and began by building the Kibbutzim. If you go to Israel today, you will likely visit a Kibbutz, which is basically a farming community. But from their farming enterprises, they have expanded and have begun manufacturing and developing a tourist trade.

But it was the Kibbutz people who were the mainstay of that little rag-tag army that defeated the Arabs in 1948. It was quite a bit like our own revolutionary war. Just the rag-tag of farmers and common people with no military acumen whatsoever. And yet with the overwhelming power of God - with just small arms, no tanks, no artillery, no air power - they won the war in 1948 and established themselves as a little nation once again. Well that's the shaking of the dry bones. Alright now let's read on:

Ezekiel 37:8

"And when I beheld, lo, the sinews and the flesh came up upon them, and the skin covered them above (that much they've accomplished. But the last still hasn't happened.): but there was no breath in them." Or I should say that is still the case. There is no spiritual breath, as yet.

Ezekiel 37:9

"Then said he unto me, `Prophesy unto the wind, prophesy, son of man, and say to the wind, Thus saith the LORD GOD; Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe upon these slain, that they may live.'"

We're dealing now with the spiritual aspect. And so we see them in the land. They have their own government - they have their Knesset (what we would call our Congress). And they have a sovereignty of sorts. But they are still so dependent on Uncle Sam and some of the Western European nations for their financial stability. In fact one of the first things that our guide told us, "We just consider ourselves the fifty first State." - which is so apropos, as they are dependent on us, even though they are an independent state.

Ezekiel 37:10

"So I prophesied as he commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they lived, and stood up upon their feet, an exceeding great army."

That was the vision that he saw, but in reality it is the Nation of Israel coming back to their homeland out of all the nations of the earth. You may ask, "Well, where do you get that?" You just read on, and like I've said so many times, if you go far enough, the Scripture interprets for you. Now look what it says in verse 11:

Ezekiel 37:11

"Then he said unto me, `Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel:...'"

Do you see that? Not just two tribes. But the whole house of Israel. I'm emphasizing that because there is a great move afoot that maintains the Jews of today are only the residue of Judah and Benjamin. The other ten tribes are lost and have been destroyed and are no long a viable entity. But that flies in the face of Scripture. Because even in the Book of Acts, as Peter addresses the Jews on the day of Pentecost, what term does he use? "Therefore let the whole house of Israel know assuredly,..." The whole house of Israel is not just Judah and Benjamin; it's all twelve or thirteen tribes if you want to include the two sons of Joseph. So, here again, we have the terminology that they are the whole house of Israel.

"`...behold, they say, Our bones are dried, and our hope is lost:...'"

Isn't that exactly what the Jew felt? Especially prior and after World War II? No hope of having a homeland. No hope of having any congealing of their people. They were just isolated, usually in ghettos in various capital cities in Europe. And they thought that there was no hope. And then all of a sudden a Sovereign God came into the picture. And they said:

"...Our bones are dried, and our hope is lost: we are cut off for our parts."

And then I would like to come down to verse 13. Where God says:

Ezekiel 37:1314a

"And ye shall know that I am the LORD, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves (in other words, out of the place of dispersion.), And shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I (God says) shall place you (where?) in your own land:..."

With all due respect to the Arabs, no one likes to give up what they call their homeland. And we certainly don't look down on them for feeling that way. But the Scripture is so plain. Whose land is the land of Palestine? It's the Jews.' It was promised to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. And all of Scripture declares it as "Their land." Our United States government can go to its doom trying to change that. Other governments will go to their doom if they try to change that. Because God has delineated this little strip of ground between the Mediterranean and the Jordan River, as the homeland for his Covenant people.

Ezekiel 37:14b

"...then shall ye know that I the LORD have spoken it, and performed it, saith the LORD." Now he gives another illustration. And he says to Ezekiel:

Ezekiel 37:16

"Moreover, thou son of man, take thee one stick, and write upon it, `For Judah (that was the Southern Kingdom, remember. Judah and Benjamin, the Southern Kingdom after the nation was divided), and for the children of Israel his companions:' then take another stick, and write upon it, `For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim, and for all the house of Israel his companions:'"

That was the Northern Kingdom. So we have one stick representing the Southern Kingdom, Judah and Benjamin. The other stick is representing the ten tribes to the north which we normally call the Northern Kingdom, or Israel, or Ephraim. In verse 17, he says:

Ezekiel 37:17

"And join them one to another into (what?) one stick (see); and they shall become one in thine hand."

A miracle? Just about like when Moses cast down his rod back there in Exodus. Ezekiel takes two separate sticks, one for Judah and one for the Northern Kingdom. And in his hand, those two become one. Alright, God again is showing not only Ezekiel, but us today, a tremendous lesson. Verse 18:

Ezekiel 37:18,19

"And when the children of thy people shall speak unto thee, saying, `Wilt thou not shew us what thou meanest by these?' Say unto them, `Thus saith the Lord GOD;...'"

You know I'm always emphasizing that what is most important in the life of a believer is faith. I think I'm getting to be known as emphasizing faith - taking God at His Word. But who is saying this? God is saying it. What does He expect us to do? Believe it. And here is a good example. We believe that the Nation of Israel is going to come back and totally come together as one nation. No longer divided - all the tribes will be involved. Now verse 20:

Ezekiel 37:20,21a

"And the sticks whereon thou writest shall be in thine hand before their eyes. And say unto them, `Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen,...'"

The word heathen in our Bible is simply another word for Gentiles. It doesn't necessarily mean they are decrepit paganists or something like that - but Gentiles from all the nations of the world.

Ezekiel 37:21b

"...whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land:"

We have been witnessing the return ever since the turn of the century, but especially since World War II. The Jews are just constantly coming back. I read in the Daily Oklahoman several weeks ago where a speaker in Oklahoma City, and I believe it was the head of tourism from the Nation of Israel, and he was speaking to a group of businessmen there. He gave this comparison which was shocking. In order to get an idea of what Israel has absorbed in the last year or two, it would be like the whole Nation of France immigrating to America in twelve months time. These immigrants came from all over the world, especially from Russia and from Eastern Europe. This is a staggering number of Jews that have come into that little land which is only 40 miles wide and about 200 miles long at the very most. Could we absorb them? Just imagine what they are up against - finding places for them to live, a food supply. They have to be put on welfare until they can get on their feet and find a job. But always be aware that God is bringing them back.

Ezekiel 37:22a

"And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel (most people don't realize just how many mountains are in that nation. And here they are building high-rise apartments on those mountain sides. Just one right after the other. Now read on); and one king shall be king to them all:" That is still future. But they are looking for their King. And again, as you travel the Nation of Israel, you see big billboard signs in Hebrew telling the people to prepare for the coming of the Messiah. They don't look at it as we do for they think He is coming for the first time, and we know it will be the Second Coming. But they realize the signs of the times are building so rapidly that Israel should be ready for her Messiah. Yes, the day is coming, and that is why we are going to study the Book of Revelation because all of that is going to build to the coming of the King of kings.

Ezekiel 37:22,23

"And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all: Neither shall they defile themselves any more with their idols, nor with their detestable things, nor with any of their transgressions: but I will save them out of all their dwellingplaces, wherein they have sinned, and will cleanse them: so shall they be my people, and I will be their God."

That hasn't happened yet. Tonight you would have to say, "Lo-Ammi." And what does that mean? "They're not my people." At times Moses used to tell God, "They are not my people." And God would say, "They are not mine either." Still, God doesn't call them His people, although He has His hand over them and is protecting them. Yet, as a nation, they are completely out of fellowship with Him. And some of the Jewish people who hear me teach this might not accept this. I have many Jewish people who watch the program. Many are now beginning to see what the Old Testament is really talking about. The day is coming when the Jew will be called once again, "My people." They will have a new heart and God will cleanse them. Also remember in Jeremiah 31:31 it says:

Jeremiah 31:31

"`Behold, the days come,' saith the LORD, `that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:'"

They won't be under that old Covenant of Law any longer, but a new Covenant, where no one will have to be taught the Word of God or what the Law commands. But under that new Covenant every Israelite will have the heart of God within him. They will be an obedient people, they will be a people of faith and believe. And they will prosper materially. Remember in the Old Testament economy, when the Jews were obedient and faithful, God would bless them with material blessing.

Now He never promised the Church that in the New Testament. So the day is coming when Israel once again will be showered with all the blessing of God. They are going to enjoy the King and His Kingdom. They will be the head of the nations rather than the tail.

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember hearing this read at a bible study, headed by a holocaust survivour. The speaker declared that the dry bones was the dispora and then a furthering breaking down, he said it was the bones of Isreal who were placed in ovens then further broken down that in the ultimate clash of evil a nuclear war head hit Isreal and the flesh had melted off the bones. And they laid there desolate. The bones water dried out of it because of the fervent heat from the nuclear war head. The hope of Isreal left their speach for it already left their hearts. But a dim light still whispered bearly a match amongst the Negev.

Normally when a person dies, the bones maintain certain moisture with in them. Even to the point to bring forth fluid out of the bones.

Truly Isreal has laid desolate for long time,then in 1948 it brought forth a dry bone and its' life blood came back lacking the Spirit of the Most High God for except a reminant - Isreal is compared to dead bones walking until the fulfillment of the Messiah. It walks about in tradition of genieology and its own blood. It calls those who have its blood but not the heart of the High God. It says words, and longwinded at that but denies the Most High God. Truly God will revive the spirit of Isreal and the guarding of full truth for when Jesus cried aloud- It is finished and it is complete.

Then when hope seemed to be gone and nothing of value in the heart of his people- the Prophet spoke with the very being of the Most High God, Isreal heard and understood the complete message of the Messaih and Jerusalem became its meaning.

Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A Living Holy Host of a people Born Again! Thats what I think the dry bones to mean. Shalom
Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
epouraniois
unregistered

Act 1:14 These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brethren.
Act 1:15 And in those days Peter stood up in the midst of the disciples, and said, (the number of names together were about a hundred and twenty,)

Act 3:17 And now, brethren, I wot that through ignorance ye did it, as did also your rulers.
Act 3:18 But those things, which God before had showed by the mouth of all his prophets, that Christ should suffer, he hath so fulfilled.
Act 3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;
Act 3:20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:
Act 3:21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.
Act 3:22 For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you.
Act 3:23 And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.

Hos 1:9 Then said God, Call his name Lo-ammi: for ye are not my people, and I will not be your God.

Hos 3:4 For the children of Israel shall abide many days without a king, and without a prince, and without a sacrifice, and without an image, and without an ephod, and without teraphim:
Hos 3:5 Afterward shall the children of Israel return, and seek the LORD their God, and David their king; and shall fear the LORD and his goodness in the latter days.

Mat 23:38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.

Rom 9:26 And it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people; there shall they be called the children of the living God.

Rom 11:15 For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?

Rom 10:16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Isaiah saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?
Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
Rom 10:18 But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world.
Rom 10:19 But I say, Did not Israel know? First Moses saith, I will provoke you to jealousy by them that are no people, and by a foolish nation I will anger you.
Rom 10:20 But Isaiah is very bold, and saith, I was found of them that sought me not; I was made manifest unto them that asked not after me.

Act 28:28 Be it known therefore unto you, that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles, and that they will hear it.
Act 28:29 And when he had said these words, the Jews departed, and had great reasoning among themselves.

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe that they represent the nation of Israel. Who currently is blinded and are not HIS people, not knowing Christ is the Messiah. Today we see Israel in their own land, but they are ... how do I say this... they are a state... they are a politcal and economic entity... they are not a nation in the sense of God's Holy nation. They are dead..like the prodigal son was dead though he lived. They are dry bones....spiritually dead and separated from God by their unbelief. But this will not be the case for ever.
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WKUHilltopper
Advanced Member
Member # 5472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WKUHilltopper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've heard some people say this is an indication that Christ gives the jewish people who have died without believing in Christ a second chance to accept Him--since the Jews are the apple of His eye. And there's another reference of "scales being on the Jews eyes" during the time of the Gentiles (now)--recall the story of Saul of Tarus (Paul) having the scales removed from his eyes.

(Holman Christian Standard Bible)
11 Then He said to me, "Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel. Look how they say: Our bones are dried up, and our hope has perished; we are cut off. 12 Therefore, prophesy and say to them: This is what the Lord GOD says: I am going to open your graves and bring you up from them, My people, and lead you into the land of Israel. 13 You will know that I am the LORD, My people, when I open your graves and bring you up from them.

Posts: 259 | From: KY | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ChristineES
Community Member
Member # 5681

Icon 5 posted      Profile for ChristineES     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I study the bible, and usually I can tell what the writer is talking about. I have the most trouble with Ezekiel, especially the following story:
Eze 37:1 The hand of the LORD was upon me, and carried me out in the spirit of the LORD, and set me down in the midst of the valley which was full of bones,
Eze 37:2 And caused me to pass by them round about: and, behold, there were very many in the open valley; and, lo, they were very dry.
Eze 37:3 And he said unto me, Son of man, can these bones live? And I answered, O Lord GOD, thou knowest.
Eze 37:4 Again he said unto me, Prophesy upon these bones, and say unto them, O ye dry bones, hear the word of the LORD.
Eze 37:5 Thus saith the Lord GOD unto these bones; Behold, I will cause breath to enter into you, and ye shall live:
Eze 37:6 And I will lay sinews upon you, and will bring up flesh upon you, and cover you with skin, and put breath in you, and ye shall live; and ye shall know that I am the LORD.
Eze 37:7 So I prophesied as I was commanded: and as I prophesied, there was a noise, and behold a shaking, and the bones came together, bone to his bone.
Eze 37:8 And when I beheld, lo, the sinews and the flesh came up upon them, and the skin covered them above: but there was no breath in them.
Eze 37:9 Then said he unto me, Prophesy unto the wind, prophesy, son of man, and say to the wind, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe upon these slain, that they may live.
Eze 37:10 So I prophesied as he commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they lived, and stood up upon their feet, an exceeding great army.
Eze 37:11 Then he said unto me, Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel: behold, they say, Our bones are dried, and our hope is lost: we are cut off for our parts.
Eze 37:12 Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, O my people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel.
Eze 37:13 And ye shall know that I am the LORD, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves,
Eze 37:14 And shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own land: then shall ye know that I the LORD have spoken it, and performed it, saith the LORD.

What do the dry bones represent? Do they represent the resurrection? Is there some other meaning?
Thank you.

--------------------
In the beginning was The Word, and The Word was with God and The Word was God

Posts: 7 | From: El Cajon, CA USA | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement