Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » i NEED MAJOR LEAGUE HELP

Author Topic: i NEED MAJOR LEAGUE HELP
WKUHilltopper
Advanced Member
Member # 5472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WKUHilltopper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The way I personally look at it, if God can grant courage to David to slay a giant face to face or give three "kids" the ability to walk around in a furnance without burning up, surely, He can grant little old me the "guts" to publicly speak. [Smile]
Posts: 259 | From: KY | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaplain Bob
Advanced Member
Member # 5019

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaplain Bob     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If this call is truly from God He will give you the ability to do what you have to do. Also, your fear of public speaking can be overcome with counseling.

Having said that let me add that one of the pastors I listen to the most and learned the most from was a lousy public speaker when I lived in Albuquerque. As far as I know he never overcame that but continued to be a really good teacher.

--------------------
In His Service,
Bob Allen

Posts: 209 | From: Checotah, Oklahoma | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SJAYR
Member # 4282

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SJAYR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your words, all of you, arent being wasted, I appreciatte it so much, and thank you especially David, I was in church today at a funerl, and I totally felt at ease for the first time in a while, Ive really been battling this within my own selfish self and I think I may have finally come to terms with what God wants out of me. I know it sounds like I am fighting the Lord, I aint, I just cant see myself up there.
Posts: 4 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God also sent Aaron to do Moses speaking. Moses was to tell Aaron what to say.

Most people are afraid of public speaking. It is the number one fear. I have spoken to preachers and one of the best speakers I have heard told me he got so scared when he first started preaching at his own church that he had to leave in the middle of preaching once. But he got over it.

I am sure if God is calling you to preach the call will be stronger then the fear.

[Razz]

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SJAYR
Member # 4282

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SJAYR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I am a pathetic speaker, I had to take a public speaking course in college and begged my instructor to let me do extra credit writings so I didnt have to get up in front of the class.
Posts: 4 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that God often calls people to do what they could not do except that He be doing it in them or through them.

A preacher who is shy and not comfortable public speaking brings Glory to God because people know that the person speaking is not an eloquent speaker... but the word was eloquently spoken because GOD spoke.

Think of Moses who was slow of speech, but God sent him to speak to Pharaoh

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Watcher
Advanced Member
Member # 3589

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Watcher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks pretty open and shut to me. [cool_shades]

--------------------
Watcher

Whoso rewardeth evil for good, evil shall not depart from his house. He that justifieth the wicked, and he that condemneth the just, even they both are abomination to the LORD.
Proverbs 17:13,15

Posts: 146 | From: Earth | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SJAYR
Member # 4282

I have been a born again Christian a many years, I have attended various churches but have settled in one I love, I have never been a person to get up and testify or speak, only two times in a play and it killed me, but recently God (I believe) has been calling me to preach. Yeah, me to preach, I havent told anyone, I keep looking for God to really show me I am not just imagining what I am sensing and to be honest I am scared to death even considering the thought.
And as this has been going on in my own heart, I learned my pastor may be leaving the church in 6 months, any insight or pretty much any help will be appreciatted.

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement