Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » ???????

Author Topic: ???????
Bat Elohim
Advanced Member
Member # 3739

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bat Elohim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I usually read them (unless I've read them before) and if they say send it back to the person who sent it to you, I just do a reply.

In the reply I move the name to the BCC line and hit send.

all the e-mails I sent have the recipients in the BCC line so that I don't accidently give out the email addys of my friends to strangers. This protects their privacy and keeps their names off of unwanted junkmail lists.

This also makes it so that the person doesn't know how many people you sent it to. So, who needs 10 people?? [Big Grin] I don't believe in luck!

now... if the e-mail has a nice sentiment or a good message, then I will forward it to all my friends (their names in the bcc field), and remove the "chain mail" part at the bottom that says they have to send it on, make a wish, pray to a saint, etc...

if your e-mail doesn't let you send out to only bcc recipients, then put your e-mail addy in the "to" field.

oh... and i always delete out all the private information from other people as well... like when you hit "Forward" and the address of the person who sent it to you is now in the message... 1) to protect their privacy and 2) to clean up the message so that you don't have to scroll for 20 minutes to get to the actual message!

--------------------
Numbers 6:24 May ADONAI bless you and keep you. 25 May ADONAI make his face shine on you and show you his favor. 26 May ADONAI lift up his face toward you and give you peace.

Posts: 704 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ChristineES
Community Member
Member # 5681

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ChristineES     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by David:
I get this all the time also. I just delete it.

Me, too. Sometimes I read the message if it is a nice one, but I NEVER pass it to anyone else. I don't believe in chain mail.

--------------------
In the beginning was The Word, and The Word was with God and The Word was God

Posts: 7 | From: El Cajon, CA USA | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
epouraniois
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i use my junk mail filters
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, me too but when they come from my mother in law! Then feel bad. The other day she sent me one that said I am sending this to you because I know that you can be trusted not to break the chain.. it was some sort of name game thing. I could not think of 10 people I would bother with something like that! [updown]
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get this all the time also. I just delete it.

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When you find the answer let me know. This drives me nuts! My own mother in law sends me stuff all the time that says send this to 10 people and send it back to the one who sent it... what ever.. it just makes me crazy! I tell you unless it is a prayer request.. a real bona fide someone needs prayer please pray, I will not be sending it to 10 people.. dont send it to me! ughhh! [1zhelp]

[Big Grin] ok Rant Off!

Thanks for the opportunity to vent [Big Grin] [type]

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pleasemaranatha
Advanced Member
Member # 5150

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pleasemaranatha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get email all the time from some people that send me a chain email thing that says: Send this to so many others then your wishes will come true in so many hours.

This time it was some catholic saint of impossiblilties or whatever. It had her
picture.

How is the best way to handle this situation? I don't believe in that stuff [Frown] and want nothing to do with any of their so-called luck or wishes, etc.

How do you all handle this problem with love? [Confused] They seem to never get my point of disliking these types of email. Is there a scripture verse I could use?

Thanks,

--------------------
My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning. Psalms 130 verse 6

Joyce

Posts: 308 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement