Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » To Judgeth or Not to Judgeth

Author Topic: To Judgeth or Not to Judgeth
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteEagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If we would judge ourselves, we wouldn't have so much time to be judging others. We would begin to have actual Love of God toward others in their faults.

In talking about the new Christian movement a Pharisee named Gamaliel said "Leave these men alone for if their purpose or activity is of human origin, it will fail. But if it is from God; you will not be able to stop these men, you will only find yourself fighting against God."
Acts 5:38-39

Posts: 1392 | From: Maine | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteEagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by becauseHElives:
To many judge "fruit" by numbers...

"the Fruit the scriptures" are talking about are apples and apples.

Fruit of the same nature as the tree they came from.

Yahweh is only looking for one kind of fruit, and it looks just like His Son Yeshua....Obedience / Obedient, not my will but Yours Father

It is not Faith in Yeshua that saves but the Faith of Yeshua

Do a study and find out the difference !

Then you are preaching a different gospel, my friend.

Jesus is the Author and finisher of our faith.
Heb. 12:2

Jesus said " You must be born again." and John 3:16

Ephesians 2:8,9 For it is by grace you are saved through faith, and not of ourselves lest any one should boast."

If we are saved by obediance then that is Salvation by WORKS!

Jesus didn't preach Salvation by obedience. He said that one's righteousnes would need to exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees.

One is not saved by their obedience. It's by the precious blood of the Lamb that was shead for our sins. By Grace we can be saved through Faith.

Remember Abraham. It's Faith and Jesus is the Author and Finisher of it.

Christ is you the hope of Glory. Christ is in the Born again believer. God looks at the Chrsit in us.

Posts: 1392 | From: Maine | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To many judge "fruit" by numbers...

"the Fruit the scriptures" are talking about are apples and apples.

Fruit of the same nature as the tree they came from.

Yahweh is only looking for one kind of fruit, and it looks just like His Son Yeshua....Obedience / Obedient, not my will but Yours Father

It is not Faith in Yeshua that saves but the Faith of Yeshua

Do a study and find out the difference !

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Caretaker:

Truth is Jesus and Jesus is Truth.

There are 2 comamandments on which all the Law hinges. 1.Love the Lord your God with all Your Heart, soul, and mind, and the second one is like it... 2. love your neighbor as yourself.

All the Law is fulfilled by doing these two commandments.

If your heart condemms you, God is greater than your heart.

Truth without Love is void.

You and others DO focus on your so called right to judge.

Paul says he doesn't even judge himself.

I just believe that judgments need to be careful and well thought out and prayed about, not kick- started by a few "key" words one doesn't like or words or concepts that don't immediately fit into one's own narrow view. We all have narrow views. Myself included.

Fruit is how we judge if what another is doing is Solid in the Rock.

by_grace
Advanced Member
Member # 5340

Icon 1 posted      Profile for by_grace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Because of your and other's defense of these false teachers, we have had to spend an horrendous amount of time defending the TRUTH of God's Word against the errors of the WOF/Positive Confession. This is not what I am about and is not the focus of my walk of faith.

Amen Drew, Amen!

--------------------
To "love thy neighbor as thyself" is not expressed by forfeiting, twisting or reinterpreting the Word of God for the cause of unity. It is expressed by hearing, obeying and proclaiming the whole council of God regardless of whom it might offend.

Posts: 25 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
White Eagle:

quote:Originally posted by Caretaker:
http://www.inplainsite.org/html/judge_not.html

Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.” - Matthew 7:1-5

You see – the verse actually ends up instructing us to “cast the beam out of our own eye” FIRST, BEFORE “pulling the mote out of our brother’s eye” – NOT “Don’t ever pull the mote out of your brother’s eye”. What Jesus was saying here is that others will judge us by the same standard we judge them so, DON’T BE A HYPOCRITE! Of course, the Christian life is not about pointing fingers at each other but neither is it an all-access pass to free-for-all living in Jesus’ name.

Another verse of scripture often used inaccurately to support the fictitious commandment: “Thou shalt not judge.” is John 8:7b, where Jesus, addressing religious leaders concerning the woman caught in adultery, said:

“…He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone...” Again, liberals and well-meaning Christians alike stop and read no further than the word “stone”, leaving the false impression that adultery really isn’t such big deal after all and maybe sin in general isn’t as bad as we once thought.

Was Jesus telling them to keep their silence concerning adultery and be more tolerant of sin? NO! He was again teaching them to not be hypocrites – sending the woman away with specific instructions to “sin no more”. (i.e., Stop your adulterous ways and repent) A very judgmental remark by today’s standards, don’t you think?

If there is to be no judging among Christians, how could we even have a legislative or judicial branch of government in this country? How could we be a responsible parent, a good teacher, a fair employer, a helpful counselor, an effective policeman, a powerful preacher, an accurate journalist or even a faithful friend? If judging others is as unchristian as today’s liberal claims it is, how do you explain the often harsh and intolerant language of God’s most faithful from the New Testament?

(John the Baptist to King Herod): “It is not lawful for thee to have thy brother's wife.” - Mark 6:18

(The Apostle Paul): “When Peter came to Antioch, I opposed him to his face, because he was clearly in the wrong.” - Galatians 2:11

(Stephen, speaking to the religious leaders before they stoned him to death):

“Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye. Which of the prophets have not your fathers persecuted? and they have slain them which shewed before of the coming of the Just One; of whom ye have been now the betrayers and murderers: Who have received the law by the disposition of angels, and have not kept it.” – Acts 7:51-53

(Jesus addressing the religious leaders):

“Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.” - Matthew 23:27

“Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?” - Matthew 23:33

“O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?” - Matthew 3:7b

“O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.” - Matthew 12:34

And what about Jesus taking a whip to all of the moneychangers in the temple there in Matthew 21:12 and Mark 11:15? That’s about as judgmental as it gets short of execution. If this doesn't sound like the Jesus you know, it may be that you've been worshiping and serving the wrong God. For those of you who are still unconvinced – read here what the Apostle Paul had to say about Christians judging others:

“Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters? Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life” - 1st Corinthians 6:2-3

White Eagle:

You are totally focused on your RIGHT to judge others.

You didn't understand my post at all. It's about our heart motives and yes that includes not acting like a hypocrite!

Are we judging with a Clean Heart? Have we first removed our own plank?

The issue before us on this forum subject is False Teachers

So do YOU have a Clean heart? Is your interpretation of Doctrine above reproach? What is the FRUIT of your doctrine?

Are people getting saved with your doctrine?

If not, then perhaps it's time to look at your own plank?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

W.E.:

Caretaker:
That is your perception, which is flawed. We must time and again defend our right TO judge against those whose argument is DO NOT JUDGE.

The lion's share of the posts in the Exposing forum, by myself and others are in defense of the necessity to judge BY God's Word, against those who lead others astray.

When one confronts a JW, an uninformed onlooker would declare, "Wow he is only focussed on JWs, where is there any other fruit?"

If we did not have those who adamently defend False Teachers, then we would not have to spend such an inordinate amount of time on the subject.
I would much rather be posting Hymns of praise, and messages glorifying God,(which I have posted many over my 5-6 years on this and the 711 Cafe forum which preceded this one of Davids).

I do not know how many I have influenced for Christ over the years, and numbers are irrelevant.

I was asked with 15 minutes notice, to officiate my wife's cousin Julie's wedding. They had the license and being from Colorado, wanted to be married in front of their family. It was at the family reunion and there were 160 present. As I led them in their vows, and led the family in prayer, and consecrated the vows of Julie and Bryan before the Throne of Grace, there were a few hearts that were touched for His glory.

Because of your and other's defense of these false teachers, we have had to spend an horrendous amount of time defending the TRUTH of God's Word against the errors of the WOF/Positive Confession. This is not what I am about and is not the focus of my walk of faith.

My focus was on the Truth as I stood against the LDS who were studying with my Sister-in-Law, and she rejected their teachings, and the tears came down as she was being baptized as a Believer.

The focus was on the Truth as I sat in my younger Brother's living room and stood against the JWs who were gathered there to study.

It is the ETERNAL TRUTH of God's WORD which is my hearts focus, and the glorious salvation in Christ Jesus our Lord, YHWH manifest in the flesh. Of course you cannot see that, as you continue to divert our time and resources in your defense of false teachers.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by WhiteEagle:
To Caretaker - Do you have a Clean heart? Is your interpretation of Doctrine above reproach? What is the FRUIT of your doctrine?

Amen WhiteEagle!! Recent words posted by Pleasemaranatha on another thread are still ringing in my ears "WHERE'S THE FRUIT?"
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

quote:
Originally posted by Caretaker:

Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.” - Matthew 7:1-5

You see – the verse actually ends up instructing us to “cast the beam out of our own eye” FIRST, BEFORE “pulling the mote out of our brother’s eye” – NOT “Don’t ever pull the mote out of your brother’s eye”. What Jesus was saying here is that others will judge us by the same standard we judge them so, DON’T BE A HYPOCRITE! Of course, the Christian life is not about pointing fingers at each other but neither is it an all-access pass to free-for-all living in Jesus’ name.

Another verse of scripture often used inaccurately to support the fictitious commandment: “Thou shalt not judge.” is John 8:7b, where Jesus, addressing religious leaders concerning the woman caught in adultery, said:

“…He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone...” Again, liberals and well-meaning Christians alike stop and read no further than the word “stone”, leaving the false impression that adultery really isn’t such big deal after all and maybe sin in general isn’t as bad as we once thought.

Was Jesus telling them to keep their silence concerning adultery and be more tolerant of sin? NO! He was again teaching them to not be hypocrites – sending the woman away with specific instructions to “sin no more”. (i.e., Stop your adulterous ways and repent) A very judgmental remark by today’s standards, don’t you think?

If there is to be no judging among Christians, how could we even have a legislative or judicial branch of government in this country? How could we be a responsible parent, a good teacher, a fair employer, a helpful counselor, an effective policeman, a powerful preacher, an accurate journalist or even a faithful friend? If judging others is as unchristian as today’s liberal claims it is, how do you explain the often harsh and intolerant language of God’s most faithful from the New Testament?

(John the Baptist to King Herod): “It is not lawful for thee to have thy brother's wife.” - Mark 6:18

(The Apostle Paul): “When Peter came to Antioch, I opposed him to his face, because he was clearly in the wrong.” - Galatians 2:11

“Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye. Which of the prophets have not your fathers persecuted? and they have slain them which shewed before of the coming of the Just One; of whom ye have been now the betrayers and murderers: Who have received the law by the disposition of angels, and have not kept it.” – Acts 7:51-53

“Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.” - Matthew 23:27

“Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?” - Matthew 23:33

“O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?” - Matthew 3:7b

“O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.” - Matthew 12:34

And what about Jesus taking a whip to all of the moneychangers in the temple there in Matthew 21:12 and Mark 11:15? That’s about as judgmental as it gets short of execution. If this doesn't sound like the Jesus you know, it may be that you've been worshiping and serving the wrong God. For those of you who are still unconvinced – read here what the Apostle Paul had to say about Christians judging others:

“Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters? Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life” - 1st Corinthians 6:2-3

You didn't understand my post at all. It's about our heart motives and yes that includes not acting like a hypocrite!

Are we judging with a Clean Heart? Have we first removed our own plank?

The issue before us on this forum subject is False Teachers

So do YOU have a Clean heart? Is your interpretation of Doctrine above reproach? What is the FRUIT of your doctrine?

HisGrace
unregistered

John 5:1-15
The Healing at the Pool
Some time later, Jesus went up to Jerusalem for a feast of the Jews. Now there is in Jerusalem near the Sheep Gate a pool, which in Aramaic is called Bethesda and which is surrounded by five covered colonnades. Here a great number of disabled people used to lie—the blind, the lame, the paralyzed.

One who was there had been an invalid for thirty-eight years. When Jesus saw him lying there and learned that he had been in this condition for a long time, he asked him, "Do you want to get well?"
"Sir," the invalid replied, "I have no one to help me into the pool when the water is stirred. While I am trying to get in, someone else goes down ahead of me."

Then Jesus said to him, "Get up! Pick up your mat and walk." At once the man was cured; he picked up his mat and walked.....

Later Jesus found him at the temple and said to him, "See, you are well again. Stop sinning or something worse may happen to you." The man went away and told the Jews that it was Jesus who had made him well.

~Let's look at some interesting points in this story. This blind man had been coming to the pool for thirty-eight years and never managed to get over to the edge.. Notice Jesus never said,"You jerk surely there is some way you could have gotten over to that pool." He simply asked for affirmation that he really wanted to be healed and said "pick up your bed and walk."

Also notice that he didn't preach 'at' him. It says 'later' he spoke about his soul. Jesus took care of his physical need first and with perfect timing, addressed his spiritual needs.

HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by helpforhomeschoolers:
Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Believe me, I am thinking the same thing. [Frown]
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am mad HisGrace, but not at you.

Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 19 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Again, you cannot defend your foolishness and so you change the subject and try to discredit the witness and yada yada yada yada, same story different day.
I shall not argue with you any more; your foolish respect of persons at the expense of sound exegesis of scripture and aherence to sound doctrine is digusting to me HisGrace.

You're so cute when you're mad. [Roll Eyes]
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Once again this is a bunch of second-hand twisted nonsense. By saying that Trinity isn't a Biblical term, he is not saying that he doesn't believe in the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Have you seen the word Trinity in the Bible?
Again, you cannot defend your foolishness and so you change the subject and try to discredit the witness and yada yada yada yada, same story different day.

The word trinity is not in the Bible; it is infact a word I do not like because as we see here the UPC and others like the JW and like Islam all try to say that the Doctrine of Trinity preaches 3 God's it does not.

However, The scripture does show that The Father is God; The Holy Spirit is God, The Son is God. The scripture does show that there is ONE God.

No where in scripture can you show that the Father was manifest into existance nor the Holy Ghost...

I shall not argue with you any more; your foolish respect of persons at the expense of sound exegesis of scripture and aherence to sound doctrine is digusting to me HisGrace.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 15 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
quote:
Originally posted by HisGrace:
I listened to 'Who Are You to Judge 1'

What stands out is that we are supposed to use sound principles of discernment and season our views with love.
We should not make Pharisital judgments, which may judge things for the wrong reasons. We have to be able to distinguish what is wise and what is foolish.

We should follow three steps in using judgment on others -

1 Humility - take the plank out of our own eye first. The eye represents the soul. The more humble we are, the more mercy will show to others, as God has given us mercy.

2. Judge facts, not presumptions of others. Fragments of information sometimes seem sufficient to make up our minds about the conduct and beliefs of others. Don't jump to conclusions under an angry and critical spirit.

3.Always be able to back up our views with scriptures, not by preferences. Discernment determines destiny.

Bottom line, we should be very responsible and use extreme diligence whenever we judge others. This is a good lesson for us all.

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

quote:
If He is one person, of course he can manifest himself three ways at once. I am going to say this just one more time. T.D. Jakes believes in a triune God, no matter how you pick it apart and try to dissect it.
You can continue to put your faith in men and your own understanding if you like. I will stick with the Bible thank you.

TD Jakes says he became a Pentecostal and was once a member of Greater Emmanuel Apostolic Church which is a Oneness Church, and though no longer a member of that church his own statement of faith which you posted mirrors Oneness doctrine and the last information above that I posted when laid side by side with the UPC doctrinal statement on this issue are in total agreement.

If it is slander to say that TD Jakes concurs with Oness doctrine,, then he slanders himself.

HisGrace
unregistered

Once again this is a bunch of second-hand twisted nonsense. By saying that Trinity isn't a Biblical term, he is not saying that he doesn't believe in the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Have you seen the word Trinity in the Bible?
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

quote:
To say that he preaches a Oneness Theology is downright slander.
Then he slanders himself:

T. D. Jakes was interviewed by Living by the Word on KKLA, hosted by John Coleman, Aug. 23, 1998 and was asked the following question:

"My first question would be, the Trinity would be defined as one God Who's revealed Himself in three distinct Persons, each co-equal and co-eternal.

How important is it for the believing Christian to hold to this belief?"

T. D. Jakes response to this question was:

"The Trinity, the term Trinity, is not a biblical term, to begin with.

It's a theological description for something that is so beyond human comprehension that I'm not sure that we can totally hold God to a numerical system.

The Lord said, "Behold, O Israel, the Lord thy God is one, and beside Him there is no other." When God got ready to make a man that looked like Him, He didn't make three. He made one man.

However, that one man had three parts. He was body, soul and spirit.

We have one God, but He is Father in creation, Son in redemption, and Holy Spirit in regeneration."

This is the same as what the United Pentecostal Church International states concerning their doctrines on who God is and their beliefs concerning the Trinity.

The official teachings of the United Pentecostal Church International state the following concerning who God is and what they believe about the Trinity:

"In distinction to the doctrine of the Trinity, the UPCI holds to a oneness view of God.

It views the Trinitarian concept of God, that of God eternally existing as three distinctive persons, as inadequate and a departure from the consistent and emphatic biblical revelation of God being one...Thus God is manifested as Father in creation and as the Father of the Son, in the Son for our redemption, and as the Holy Spirit in our regeneration."

(from www.upci.org/about/index.asp)

One of the key phrases with those who are of the Oneness movement beliefs is that God has been revealed through three manifestations.

This is exactly what T. D. Jakes stated on his beliefs concerning the Trinity and what he believes concerning who God is.

HisGrace
unregistered

quote:
God is not one person, manifesting him self 3 ways...at one time as Father, at another as Son, at another as Holy Spirit.

- If He is one person, of course he can manifest himself three ways at once. I am going to say this just one more time. T.D. Jakes believes in a triune God, no matter how you pick it apart and try to dissect it.
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

quote:
I really don't know what your point is HFHS.
I really did not think that you would.

Conrinthians speaks to the manifestation of the presence of the Holy Spirit upon man in the form of spiriutal gifts.

It DOES not speak to The ONE PERSON GOD of Oneness doctrine manifesting himself as the Spirit of GOD, as opposed to maifesting himself as the Father, or manifesting himslf as the Son.

CONTEXT!!!!

God is ONE GOD eternally co-existing in 3 Persons, Father, SON, and Holy Spirit. The FULLNESS of the Godhead Dwelt Bodily in Christ!

God is not one person, manifesting him self 3 ways...at one time as Father, at another as Son, at another as Holy Spirit.

HisGrace
unregistered

From T.D. Jakes

"My views on the Godhead are from 1 John 5:7-8, "For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one." (NKJV)

I believe in one God who is the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit"

To say that he preaches a Oneness Theology is downright slander. [Cross]

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Oneness Pentecostal theology affirms that there exists only one God in all the universe. It affirms the deity of Jesus and the Holy Spirit. However, Oneness theology denies the Trinity. The Trinity is the doctrine that there is one God who manifests Himself as three distinct, simultaneous persons. The Trinity does not assert that there are three gods, but only one. This is important because many groups who oppose orthodoxy, will accuse Trinitarians of believing in three gods. But this is not so. The doctrine of the Trinity is that there is one God in three persons.
Oneness theology denies the Trinity and teaches that God is a single person who was "manifested as Father in creation and as the Father of the Son, in the Son for our redemption, and as the Holy Spirit in our regeneration."1 Another way of looking at it is that God revealed himself as Father in the Old Testament, as the Son in Jesus during Christ’s ministry on earth, and now as the Holy Spirit after Christ’s ascension.

HisGrace
unregistered

quote:
An excellent example: Please tell us when the Father was manifest? When was the Spirit manifest? They have not beginning nor end, but have eternally co-exisited always and forever more... also the Person of the Son, who was manifest in the flesh, but was with God in the begging... The Word!

GOD, the person, Our Father, who art in heaven is a Spirit. THE Person of HOLY SPIRIT. He was manifest in the flesh and came forth in the Person of the SON. When pray tell was the Father manifest? When was the Holy SPirit manifest? and as what?

I really don't know what your point is HFHS.

1 Corinthians 12:1-31
Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I would not have you ignorant.

Ye know that ye were Gentiles, carried away unto these dumb idols, even as ye were led. Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost. Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.

And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord. And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.

But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.

For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit; To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit; To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:

But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will. For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.

For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. For the body is not one member, but many.

If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body? And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body? If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling?

But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him. And if they were all one member, where were the body? But now are they many members, yet but one body.

And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you. Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary:

And those members of the body, which we think to be less honourable, upon these we bestow more abundant honour; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness. For our comely parts have no need: but God hath tempered the body together, having given more abundant honour to that part which lacked.

That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another. And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it. Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.

And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues. Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles? Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret?

But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.

HisGrace
unregistered

quote:
quote:
Where on earth did that come from? From his own site. Part of his Belief Statment -
God--There is one God, Creator of all things, infinitely perfect, and eternally existing in three Manifestations: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

An excellent example: Please tell us when the Father was manifest? When was the Spirit manifest? They have not beginning nor end, but have eternally co-exisited always and forever more... also the Person of the Son, who was manifest in the flesh, but was with God in the begging... The Word!

GOD, the person, Our Father, who art in heaven is a Spirit. THE Person of HOLY SPIRIT. He was manifest in the flesh and came forth in the Person of the SON. When pray tell was the Father manifest? When was the Holy SPirit manifest? and as what?

I guess we'll have to go to our Bibles. The point is he has been wrongly accused of preaching a Oneness Theology.
HisGrace
unregistered

This is just a small portion of how someone can be misjudged. I was looking for the info. regarding the statement that BHinn made about the triune God, and found the quote below by me in our arcades, re the Katherine Kuhlman incident. In my most recent post I couldn't remember the details, but just said that she appeared briefly, which is true.

quote:
This is taken from deceptioninthechurh.com

"8 Benny Hinn And Necromancy (Talking to the Dead) by Joseph R. Chambers, 1997
Benny Hinn is an admitted necromancer. Judge for yourself, by Hinn's own account of when the "anointing" on his ministry "doubled" whether or not this "anointing" is from the Holy Spirit or from contact with evil spirits posing as dead people like Elijah and Kathryn Kuhlman.

" Regarding the Kathryn Kuhlman incident. I checked out one of the 1000's of sites about Benny Hinn, many of which are very slanderous. He did not "communicate " through channeling at her graveside, but instead had a vision while sleeping.
In the vision, she came into the room he was in and all she said was "Follow Me." They went into a second room and the Lord was there, and as soon as he saw the Lord, Kathryn disappeared. The Lord said "Follow Me" and they went into a third room and there was a crippled person there and apparently that was when Benny Hinn was directed into his healing ministry."

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

quote:
Where on earth did that come from? From his own site. Part of his Belief Statment -
God--There is one God, Creator of all things, infinitely perfect, and eternally existing in three Manifestations: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

GOD, the person, Our Father, who art in heaven is God. THE Person of HOLY SPIRIT is God. He was manifest in the flesh and came forth in the Person of the person the SON of GOD. When pray tell was the Father manifest? When was the Holy SPirit manifest? and as what?

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Exellent Audio David. I did listen to both presentations and I agree whole heartedly with both. I would like to hear part three as well. Do you have it?

I really appreciated the clips that were included by Osteen, Hinn, Crouch,Schaumburg and others as well. Clearly they do speak their own condemnation!

It is beyond me that this kind of garbage can be and is defended so blindly. The fact that it is reminds me of the scriptures that say that the heart of man is deceitful. The heart of man can deceive even the man himself!

I find that many like thier ears scratched. Many are respectors of persons over the word of God.

They will say to those who preach against heresy and false teachers.... that it is our "interpretation" of the Bible that is in error, as if truth were realtive and not absolute,as if God were the author of confusion, all the while defending someone who is teaching something that cannot be found in the Bible anywhere and in addition is contradicted in priciple by the scripture as well!

They cant offer sound scriptural reference for their defence of these apostasies because there is none and so they revert to changing the focus of the discussion to the one who speaks against heresy, or they claim that the teacher meant something other than what he/she said, or they claim that your interpetation is wrong.Or, they calim that you do not understand what the teacher meant. When all else is exhausted, they not knowing discernment or the scriptures themselves claim that none can really ever know what God meant, none of us can ever really have understanding... the Bible is too difficult for man to understand. Which is an apostasy in itself!

HOGWASH! Lies of the devil!

1 John 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

2 Peter 1:3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

2 Timothy 2:7 Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things.

1 Corinthians 2:7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:
8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man’s wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

HELLO WE HAVE THE MIND OF CHRIST IF WE BE BORN AGAIN!!!

We have the Spirit of the HOLY GOD in SIDE US, if we be born again.

We can through the renewing of our minds demonstrate (PROVE) the PERFECT will of GOD.

And they want to say that we cannot rightly know his word??? It is not about their interpretation or my interpretation, or your interpretation! It is about HIS TRUTH. AND it is not HID from HIS children! HIS Truth is a lamp unto our feet! It is not a cloudy lamp!

2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Colossians 1:9 For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;

Ephesians 5:17 Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is.

We are not to lean on our own understanding. That does not mean that the understanding of God is kept from us!!!!

Proverbs 9:10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.

HisGrace
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by yahsway:
Doctrine is different. For example, T.D. Jakes follows the Oneness doctrine.

quote:
Benny Hinn says that God is triune, Jesus is triune, Holy Spirit is triune which is equal in essence to 9 in the Godhead.
Someone has given you a misinterpretation. This was also said last year and at the time I found from his own site what he actually meant. Probably can't find it now.
yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HisGrace,

Scripture interprets scripture. We should not in our zeal add to or take away. There is a warning in scripture about doing such things.

Also, no one here has judged anyones salvation with the exception of Joyce Myers who did say you could not be saved unless you believed that Christs died spiritually in hell, of which, she has now recanted that statement much to her credit. But others out there are saying and preaching the same thing and that to me sets them up as being "judgemental" of ones salvation.
And yes we should take serious consdiferation when we stand up against false teaching,

Thats what being a Berean is all about. We study to show ourselves approved, we take no mans word or interpretation but only God's word, and we are careful not to add to or take away from His word.

I don't think anyone here is trying to discourage anyone from listening to these teachers, I for one say YOU should listen to every word they say and take it back to scripture to see if what they are saying lines up with Gods word. Thats the point. Do not take what they say as the gospel until you have searched it out for yourselves.

Why would anyone turn away from such a great faith because one has been told what these preachers teach? All they have to do is look it up in the Holy Writ for themselves to see if such things that are being presented are true or false.

We should not be defending men but defending the word of God. I think you are confusing judgement of a man with judgement of what is being taught.

MANY in that day will say Lord, Lord, and Yeshua rightly judges them, not us.

But we are to be watchmen, warning of impending danger, if we hear something that is contrary to the word of God then it is our responsibility to say, hey wait a minute, what do the scriptures say, and show where the doctrine is wrong.

Remember, scripture always interprets scripture.

Doctrine is different. For example, T.D. Jakes follows the Oneness doctrine. Benny Hinn says that God is triune, Jesus is triune, Holy Spirit is triune which is equal in essence to 9 in the Godhead. COC says you MUST be baptized to enter heaven, that is their doctrine, Catholics say that Mary was born of immaculate conception just like Jesus, thats their doctrine, Some Penecostals believe you must speak in tonques as evidence that you are really born again, that is their doctrine.

These are all man-made doctrines. We only need to look to scripture for it will interpret itself to find out if these doctrines that are held are true. Yes, these people maybe saved, casting out demons, healing the sick, ect.. but wo is their judge on that final day? Yeshua is of course.

I challange everyone here to listen to these ministers of the gospel. See if they are adding to or taking away. Paul said that ALL scripture was good for doctrine ,reproof, correction.So take every word they say back to scripture.

Many of these that have been spoken about here have been preaching for many years now. Its about time the body was brought forth to maturity and just because they are ministers of the gospel does not mean they cannot be brought to the carpet on a lot of whats coming out of their mouths.

Shalom

Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Doctrine or interpretation? We are all human and sometimes in our zeal say things that a little out of context, and can be prone to making mistakes.

I believe we have to ask that if we know of someone who follows a very strong doctrine, but occasionally misinterprets the Bible or puts a spin on their own interpreation that isn't quite the way we discern that scripture , does that mean that their salvation is all for naught? Chances are we aren't really sure of the interpretation of that scripture ourselves, unless we study and restudy and use careful discernment. How many people really set aside time to make sure they are receiving the correct insight to any scripture?. We should take careful spiritual consideration when we come against others..

A true believer knows that our basic doctrine must be that we become born again and we must believe in a triune God. Also we should daily strive to be sanctified of all impurities, even though we will never be perfect until we receive our glorified bodies. If we follow these basic principles we will retain our salvation. The Bible is a very complex book, and much of it is our own discernment of the scriptures. If we discourage someone from listening to certain teachers, we may be influencing them to turn away from their faith.

What about that one man whom Carmela has been talking about who Jesus went across the river to save from evil spirits and win him into the kingdom? Do we want to lose even one soul? Why take the chance

yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do not think anyone here has judged the salvation of teachers such as Benny Hinn, Kenneth Copeland ect.. What we have judged is what they are teaching.

There is a difference. We are not judging the persons salvation, we are judging what they are teaching. The Bereans did this when Paul brought the word of the Lord. They searched the scriptures to see if what Paul taught was truth.

It is the same today. We search out the word of God to see if what these preachers are preaching and teaching is the word of scripture.

Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

I listened to 'Who Are You to Judge 1'

What stands out is that we are supposed to use sound principles of discernment and season our views with love.
We should not make Pharisital judgments, which may judge things for the wrong reasons. We have to be able to distinguish what is wise and what is foolish.

We should follow three steps in using judgment on others -

1 Humility - take the plank out of our own eye first. The eye represents the soul. The more humble we are, the more mercy will show to others, as God has given us mercy.

2. Judge facts, not presumptions of others. Fragments of information sometimes seem sufficient to make up our minds about the conduct and beliefs of others. Don't jump to conclusions under an angry and critical spirit.

3.Always be able to back up our views with scriptures, not by preferences. Discernment determines destiny.

Bottom line, we should be very responsible and use extreme diligence whenever we judge others. This is a good lesson for us all.

KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The below is well worth listening to if you dare!

Who Are You To Judge - Part 1 - Click Here to listen

Who Are You To Judge - Part 2 - Click here to listen

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Judgements

We should make judgments which are based on the yardstick of righteousness as revealed in his Word, which look beyond mere appearance, and which are also made with the right spirit in heart. When Jesus said "Judge not, that you be not judged" (Matt.7:1), He immediately shows what kind of judgement he is speaking of there. He obviously cannot mean that we must never make any kind of judgement at all, otherwise we would not be able to fulfil the exhortations of the Word in numerous places, such as being told never to let anyone deceive us (please read Matt.24:4; Luke 21:8; 2 Thess.2:3; Eph.5:6; Colossians 2:8). If only God can judge, as you say, then how will we be able to fulfil the Apostle John's command: "Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world" (1 John 4:1)? Far from being wrong, judgement is actually a vital part of the Christian armoury. Christ has put pastors and teachers into the church precisely to make judgements which will prevent people from being "tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting" (Eph.4:14). The judgement which the Lord Jesus forbids in Matt.7:1 (as the context very plainly shows) refers to a person who makes a judgement about another person when he himself is a practitioner of the very thing which he is judging in the other! That is hypocritical judgement, which is forbidden by Christ. But the kind of judgement which builds up God's people by advising them of danger and outright falsehood is an absolute necessity.
(Alan Morrison. Is It Right For Christians To Judge? )

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

quote:
Amend Drew, there are harsh words from both Paul and Jesus for the chruch when she does not judge as and when she ought. It is not a matter of judge/judge not; it is a matter of Judge what/ judge justly/ judge based on the standard of scripture.

http://www.helpforhomeschoolers.com/judgment.htm

The key to judging another is in what Jesus said in the Sermon on the Mount.

"Judge not lest you be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and the measure you use, will be measured to you." Matthew 7:1-2

It goes on to explain what people do when they judge:

vs.3-4 "What do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you remove the speck in your brother's eye, when all the time there is a plank out of your own eye?

(Jesus is speaking of our human nature here. Isn't it true, that we think we can clearly "see" what is wrong with someone else, and not with ourselves.) Due to our Adamic nature we are naturally "blind" to our own failings and motives. Why are we "judging"? What motive are we emitting? What is the reason we are deciding to "judge" another person?

Are we trying to control?
Are we jealous?
Are we afraid?

Jesus says for us to remove the plank from our eye first. "Search me O God", Let me have a clean heart before you."

If we judge our of wrong emotions it will come back to us in that same vein. If we judge out of REAL LOVE for that person, we will sow LOVE back to ourselves. (The same measure that you mete will be meted back to you.)

Whay Jesus says here establishes all the other writings of the epistles of Paul, Jude, and Peter , and if one is not following those guidelines in LOVE of God, then it is false judgement.

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Amend Drew, there are harsh words from both Paul and Jesus for the chruch when she does not judge as and when she ought. It is not a matter of judge/judge not; it is a matter of Judge what/ judge justly/ judge based on the standard of scripture.

http://www.helpforhomeschoolers.com/judgment.htm

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Righteous judgement

2 Peter 2:
1: But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
2: And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.
3: And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.
4: For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;
5: And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly;
6: And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly;
7: And delivered just Lot, vexed with the filthy conversation of the wicked:
8: (For that righteous man dwelling among them, in seeing and hearing, vexed his righteous soul from day to day with their unlawful deeds;)
9: The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:
10: But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous are they, selfwilled, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities.
11: Whereas angels, which are greater in power and might, bring not railing accusation against them before the Lord.
12: But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption;
13: And shall receive the reward of unrighteousness, as they that count it pleasure to riot in the day time. Spots they are and blemishes, sporting themselves with their own deceivings while they feast with you;
14: Having eyes full of adultery, and that cannot cease from sin; beguiling unstable souls: an heart they have exercised with covetous practices; cursed children:
15: Which have forsaken the right way, and are gone astray, following the way of Balaam the son of Bosor, who loved the wages of unrighteousness;
16: But was rebuked for his iniquity: the dumb *** speaking with man's voice forbad the madness of the prophet.
17: These are wells without water, clouds that are carried with a tempest; to whom the mist of darkness is reserved for ever.
18: For when they speak great swelling words of vanity, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through much wantonness, those that were clean escaped from them who live in error.
19: While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage.
20: For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
21: For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.
22: But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

1 Cor. 5:
9: I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators:
10: Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world.
11: But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.
12: For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?
13: But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

1 Cor. 2:
9: But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
10: But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
11: For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
12: Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
13: Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
14: But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
15: But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.
16: For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

2 Timothy 3:
16: All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Main Entry: doc•trine
Pronunciation: 'däk-tr&n
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Middle French & Latin; Middle French, from Latin doctrina, from doctor
1 archaic : TEACHING, INSTRUCTION
2 a : something that is taught b : a principle or position or the body of principles in a branch of knowledge or system of belief : DOGMA c : a principle of law established through past decisions d : a statement of fundamental government policy especially in international relations

Main Entry: re•proof
Pronunciation: ri-'prüf
Etymology: Middle English reprof, from Middle French reprove, from Old French, from reprover
: criticism for a fault : REBUKE

Main Entry: 1re•buke
Pronunciation: ri-'byük
Function: transitive verb
Inflected Form(s): re•buked; re•buk•ing
Etymology: Middle English, from Old North French rebuker
1 a : to criticize sharply : REPRIMAND b : to serve as a rebuke to
2 : to turn back or keep down : CHECK
synonym see REPROVE
- re•buk•er noun

Main Entry: cor•rec•tion
Pronunciation: k&-'rek-sh&n
1 : the action or an instance of correcting : as a : AMENDMENT, RECTIFICATION b : REBUKE, PUNISHMENT c : a bringing into conformity with a standard d : NEUTRALIZATION, COUNTERACTION
2 : a decline in market price or business activity following and counteracting a rise
3 a : something substituted in place of what is wrong b : a quantity applied by way of correcting (as for adjustment of an instrument)
4 : the treatment and rehabilitation of offenders through a program involving penal custody, parole, and probation; also : the administration of such treatment as a matter of public policy -- usually used in plural
- cor•rec•tion•al /-shn&l, -sh&-n&l/ adjective

Main Entry: righ•teous
Pronunciation: 'rI-ch&s
Function: adjective
Etymology: alter. of earlier rightuous, alteration of Middle English rightwise, rightwos, from Old English rihtwIs, from riht, noun, right + wIs wise
1 : acting in accord with divine or moral law : free from guilt or sin
2 a : morally right or justifiable b : arising from an outraged sense of justice or morality
3 slang : GENUINE, GOOD
synonym see MORAL
- righ•teous•ly adverb
- righ•teous•ness noun

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

HisGrace
unregistered

The devil condemns - God convicts.

Romans 14:1-13
Accept him whose faith is weak, One man's faith allows him to eat everything, but another man, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables. The man who eats everything must not look down on him who does not, and the man who does not eat everything must not condemn the man who does, for God has accepted him.

Who are you to judge someone else's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. And he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand.
One man considers one day more sacred than another; another man considers every day alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind.He who regards one day as special, does so to the Lord. He who eats meat, eats to the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who abstains, does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God. For none of us lives to himself alone and none of us dies to himself alone. If we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord.

For this very reason, Christ died and returned to life so that he might be the Lord of both the dead and the living. You, then, why do you judge your brother? Or why do you look down on your brother? For we will all stand before God's judgment seat. It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' " So then, each of us will give an account of himself to God.

Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in your brother's way.

Vrs.22,23 So whatever you believe about these things keep between yourself and God. Blessed is the man who does not condemn himself by what he approves.
But the man who has doubts is condemned if he eats, because his eating is not from faith; and everything that does not come from faith is sin. [Cross]

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement