Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » What would you do?

Author Topic: What would you do?
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 20 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, tough question.

I don't know what I would do.

[Confused]

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
phebe_cenchrea
Community Member
Member # 5659

Icon 1 posted      Profile for phebe_cenchrea     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[clap2] [happyhappy] [hyper] [youpi] [Kiss]

then

[rapture]

It would be best for me not to know, though--I don't think I could bear the excitement of even a two hour wait (after 37 years it would still be the longest wait of my life.)

--------------------
Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.
(~Luke 12:32)

Posts: 9 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pleasemaranatha
Advanced Member
Member # 5150

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Pleasemaranatha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Proverbs 16: 7

When a man's ways please the LORD, he maketh even his enemies to be at peace with him.

I think first I'd make sure that I have forgiven everyone that angered me in my life. Peace inside and outside is always important.

Make a tape video for loved ones to hear whatever I would think important for them to know.

Call everyone to be near and pray.

Play the christian hymns until I leave.

Finally, I'd eat every dessert that was around, especially cheesecake. I wouldn't have to worry about calories the next day.

--------------------
My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning. Psalms 130 verse 6

Joyce

Posts: 308 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pleasemaranatha
Advanced Member
Member # 5150

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pleasemaranatha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great posting Linda and Drew ! [Smile]

Amen to you both.

Jesus knew He was about to die, what did He do? Did He take friends' advice to flee to Jerusalem? No. Did He try to comfort His disciples with the thought that He would hide behind them and go free and not be caught? No.

I sure thank HIM for not saving Himself from the cross.

[Roll Eyes] Hmmm........what will I do with the last hours
of my life? I am still thinking on my answer. It would be prb. identical to yours. Chewing on big questions takes a long time for me.

I hope everyone answers in one or another though. Food for thought [Big Grin]

--------------------
My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning. Psalms 130 verse 6

Joyce

Posts: 308 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beautiful Drew! This thread made me cry to think about and your post also has tears streaming down my face. Yes, the day of Juibilee!!!

I was thinking about a country song about a man who learns he has cancer and how he hopes that every one could live as though they were dying, and he goes on about going sky diving and rocky mountain climbing and 2.7 seconds on a bull named fu man choo. To his credit he also says that he would give forgiveness that he has been witholding and love... but still I her that song and I can honestly say that there is nothing in this world that would be important to me to do, except be concerned with what I was leaving in the way of instruction in the word to my children and to be able to say that there was no one that I know that was lost that I did not witness to.

I have no regrets, there is nothing I feel I have missed out on, there is nothing in this life that bekons me here accept to witness HIM as long as HE desires.

I love my husband I truly would like to leave this earth from his arms and even with him,if it be God's will and I love my children, but they are all three saved, and they are all old enough that they will be just fine without me. I know that we will one day meet again in heaven and I have complete peace about going.

[clap2] [wave3] [rapture] [clap2]

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen Linda!!

I would print-out my notes on the fundamentals of the faith, and lay them beside my Bible.

I would phone those upper-most in my heart and share the joy of going-Home, and the true salvation and joy in Christ Jesus our Lord.

I would make a sign of Jubilee which would say:

GOING HOME!!
AMAZING GRACE
GOING HOME!!!!

These passages would be marked and highlighted with:

Phil. 1:

21 For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
22 But if I live in the flesh, this is the fruit of my labour: yet what I shall choose I wot not. 23 For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better:

2 Cor. 5:

1 For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.
2 For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven: 3 If so be that being clothed we shall not be found naked.
4 For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life.
5 Now he that hath wrought us for the selfsame thing is God, who also hath given unto us the earnest of the Spirit.
6 Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord:
7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight:)
8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.
9 Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him.
10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.
11 Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.

I would give each of my precious ones the biggest old bear-hug, look each one in the eye and say, "I cherish you precious with all of my heart, my legacy of faith and trust and blessed assurance I bestow, and this is not goodbye, just see you in a wee-bit. Our Lord Jesus loves us so very very much, and His open arms await."

I don't think I could quit smiling like the beggar-man coming to a King's repast.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that I would struggle with wanting to just be and stay wrapped up in my husband's arms and wanting to gather all the notes and studies and writtings on the scriptures that I want to leave my children with, writing to them the things of God I want them to have for the days that lie ahead for them in this life and wanting desperately to preach the gospel to every one that I know that I have not preached the Gospel to.
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pleasemaranatha
Advanced Member
Member # 5150

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Pleasemaranatha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you knew for sure that you only had hours left on this earth, how would you spend the time left? [Smile]

Remember it would be just hours not days left.

--------------------

Joyce

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement