Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » Qustion about Noah's Ark

Author Topic: Qustion about Noah's Ark
WKUHilltopper
Advanced Member
Member # 5472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WKUHilltopper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Revelation 11:19 (New International Version)
New International Version (NIV)

Revelation 11:19

Then God's temple in heaven was opened, and within his temple was seen the ark of his covenant. And there came flashes of lightning, rumblings, peals of thunder, an earthquake and a great hailstorm.

As WhiteEagle mentions the Ark of the Covenant is already in heaven with God. That's why I kinda laugh of those folks (adventure seekers) who go around "searching" for it. Besides, even if they found it here on earth, once they'd touch it, they'd immediately die. It's so holy that man can't touch it. These are warnings repeatly made in the old testament and why they had to carry it around on "poles". Because it's so holy, it makes sense that God would take the Ark to heaven.

quote:
I do belief that the shroud of Turin could be real, however that shouldn't be the basis of our faith in God. It should be His love that has reached down to man.

I agree, it COULD be real. But based on the practices of Roman Catholicism, especially centuries ago, I think this was another adopted pagan fraud to enhance their sphere of infuence and wealth. It was quite common for them to accept pagan items/rituals so that it would be a "smoother sell" for pagans to embrace their religion. Suffice it to say, you could write an entire book on this subject.

I would love for someone to find Noah's Ark. Even if there's evidence on Mt. Ararat that many say there is, I can't imagine that competing world religions, governements, etc, would permit this disclosure. It would physically confirm the Bible--now many who don't believe in God are denying the flood even occurred or that it was localized. If "they" permitted the Ark to be found, then that's evidence that Hindus, Buddists, Evolutionists, etc, have piddled their entire lives away and have lost their abilities to accumulate weatlth. Whose gonna buy a book entitled "Why the Great Flood didn't happen" then?

Whether man finds the Ark or not, it's not material to me--however, my personal interest in history would love this to happen. Only thing that's material to me is that's what God said happened and that alone is sufficent.

Posts: 259 | From: KY | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You often wonder if things that are found nowadays seems to identify with the existence of God and shed light on the Bible should wake people up to a new found belief in a God that they can not see or even appreciate. I do believe that these things happen for some very good reasons. Sometimes they happen to help Christians to become stronger and better defenders of their faith, but we should stand on sola scriptura and this alone. Sometimes these things happen to witness apart from the written Word of God, after all- all things are made by God in the beginning. Sometimes these things happen to confuse the ever consuming, ever seeking, never finding intellectaul mind and their potrait of self denial concerning the validity of the bible. Sometimes, meaningful Christians make up things to build their point of view and this is very bad to the extent to defraud young christians.

But as for me, I believe that every word, dot and tittle in the bible is true, inspire, factual and inerrant and that men who are captivated by the devil and his schemes will deny God, the virgin birth, bodlly resurrection of Jesus and the deity of Jesus to be Prophet, Priest and King. And nothing ever done or to be done can lead them to Jesus without the witness of the Word and the brothers and sisters who should lead by a compassionate, non-waiverable faith because Jesus is enough all in itself!

I do belief that the shroud of Turin could be real, however that shouldn't be the basis of our faith in God. It should be His love that has reached down to man.

You know in 1969, I remember this Evangelist say, that the Ethopian Eunich mentioned in the book of Acts, had a desire to know God, but didn't have anyway to show him until one day God planted his servant to show him what the book of Isaiah was saying.

Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteEagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dondi:
What do you all think of the findings of "Noah's Ark"? Do you think it is real or something else that landed there?
Also, as a sidebar, do you think all of God's treasures; the ark of the covenant, Jesus's tomb and all that will be revealed during the final days?

I haven't read that anyone has definitely found Noah's Ark. I know many people have discovered an anomoly on Mt Ararat that looks like the Ark.

I personally believe it is Noah's Ark. I believe that one day it will be officially found and documented. It will change the way the world looks at things, such as Evolution and time spans and our origins.

Satan doesn't want the Ark of Noah to be found.
As it is, Mt Ararat is located in Iran/Turkey.
Not a friendly part of the world at this time.

In Revelation it mentions the Ark of the Covenant being lifted to Heaven.

Posts: 1392 | From: Maine | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dondi
Advanced Member
Member # 4966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dondi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What do you all think of the findings of "Noah's Ark"? Do you think it is real or something else that landed there?
Also, as a sidebar, do you think all of God's treasures; the ark of the covenant, Jesus's tomb and all that will be revealed during the final days?

--------------------
Behold, I stand at the door and knock: if any man hear My voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and sup with him, and him with Me. Rev. 3:20

Posts: 33 | From: Ceres,Ca | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement