Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » Question about dreams

Author Topic: Question about dreams
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sometimes I wonder if people who are having dreams of realistic porportion- are they in turn belong to the lost tribes of Isreal?

Behold

One night I had a dream, I could reach out and touch the waters of this mightly river, I heard a loud voice that commanded it to flow backwards. It went backwards.

I had this dream 10 times. And then the river resumed its' natural course.

Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
epouraniois
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Biblically, dreams were centered around the Hebrews, even when a non Jew had one, it was centered around the Hebrews, and this, only when Israel was God's people, i.e., when God was actively working with them, and in their midst.

The Bible does speak as to the cause of dreams, saying that if we enjoy bad food combining, have too much on the mind, or fail to put away our anger, we have excessive dreams.

Isa 29:8 It shall even be as when a hungry man dreameth, and, behold, he eateth; but he awaketh, and his soul is empty: or as when a thirsty man dreameth, and, behold, he drinketh; but he awaketh, and, behold, he is faint, and his soul hath appetite: so shall the multitude of all the nations be, that fight against mount Zion.

Ecc 5:7 For in the multitude of dreams and many words there are also divers vanities: but fear thou God.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

interesting.

One of the most energetic explosive events known is a supernova. These occur at the end of a star's lifetime, when its nuclear fuel is exhausted and it is no longer supported by the release of nuclear energy. If the star is particularly massive, then its core will collapse and in so doing will release a huge amount of energy. This will cause a blast wave that ejects the star's envelope into interstellar space.

from http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/astropix.html

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pleasemaranatha
Advanced Member
Member # 5150

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pleasemaranatha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Matthew 24:29
Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

This could make you think negative also about your lifting away. The enemy wants you to think you won't be taken away when God returns. Fon't beilieve the lies from the dreams. You can reverse the dreams if it happens again.

What do you think?

God Bless

--------------------
My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning. Psalms 130 verse 6

Joyce

Posts: 308 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pleasemaranatha
Advanced Member
Member # 5150

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Pleasemaranatha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I goofed and posted before I wrote more.

I believe the rapture dream was from the enemy to steal your joy.

I believe the sun, moon and star dream was from the enemy to discredit God. When you dreamed that they dimmed and only shown half of their light. In the Psalms when it was all lifting and glorifying God.......but the dream it was showing God was not as glorified.

Just my opinion. What do you think?

If or when you repeat the dreams.....make yourself change them to give glory and honor to OUR Almighty God. God Bless

--------------------
My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning. Psalms 130 verse 6

Joyce

Posts: 308 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pleasemaranatha
Advanced Member
Member # 5150

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Pleasemaranatha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Passage Psalm 148 :

Psalm 148
1Praise ye the LORD. Praise ye the LORD from the heavens: praise him in the heights.

2Praise ye him, all his angels: praise ye him, all his hosts.

3Praise ye him, sun and moon: praise him, all ye stars of light.

4Praise him, ye heavens of heavens, and ye waters that be above the heavens.

5Let them praise the name of the LORD: for he commanded, and they were created.

6He hath also stablished them for ever and ever: he hath made a decree which shall not pass.

7Praise the LORD from the earth, ye dragons, and all deeps:

8Fire, and hail; snow, and vapours; stormy wind fulfilling his word:

9Mountains, and all hills; fruitful trees, and all cedars:

10Beasts, and all cattle; creeping things, and flying fowl:

11Kings of the earth, and all people; princes, and all judges of the earth:

12Both young men, and maidens; old men, and children:

13Let them praise the name of the LORD: for his name alone is excellent; his glory is above the earth and heaven.

14He also exalteth the horn of his people, the praise of all his saints; even of the children of Israel, a people near unto him. Praise ye the LORD.

King James Version (KJV)
Public Domain

--------------------

Joyce

dondi
Advanced Member
Member # 4966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dondi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a question concerning a couple of dreams I have had lately. In the first dream, it was nothing short of a birds eye view of the rapture happening. I woke up scared because it was so real to me. I even reached over to make sure my wife was still there, LOL. The second one, I just had last night. It involved me and someone else; I don't know who; witnessing the sun, the moon and stars all coming out at the same time. The only scriptural referance in Revalation I can find on this is about the sun, moon and stars all loosing half their brightness.
Now after the first dream, I realized I was so scared because of all the lost people out there. But this last one has me puzzled. Any thoughts on this? Also, myself, if I do dream, I generally do not remember them.

--------------------
Behold, I stand at the door and knock: if any man hear My voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and sup with him, and him with Me. Rev. 3:20

Posts: 33 | From: Ceres,Ca | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement