Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » Need some answers, depirately

Author Topic: Need some answers, depirately
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you chaplain Bob; that seems to be a very hard concept for some to understand and you explained it well.

White Crusader I hope you will stop saying "if I am still saved." There is one thing that determines that.

Acts 16:30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?

Acts 16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

1 Corinthians 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

So I ask you? Do you believe that Jesus is the Christ - the Son of the Living God? Do you believe that He was sent by God and did die on the cross to pay that price of sin for you and that God did accept HIS sacrifice and raise him from the dead and glorify HIm and set HIM on HIgh?

IF you believe this IN YOUR HEART then you shall be saved.

We are saved because GOD accepts what Christ did and when we confess that we believe what Christ has done and we claim our salvation because HE paid for sin, God say yes this is so and does not impute to you sin. God because of your belief has mercy and grace on you and seals you with his Holy Spirit till the day he redeems you and fills you with his Holy Spiirt that is an earnest... a downpayment, a partial deposit of the fullness that you will one day have all that is yours though Christ.

If you believe then when you find that you have done something that could be considered sin, you have but one thing to do...

1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Notice that our sins are forgiven because GOD is faithful. That is because God knows that Christ has paid for sin and God is faithful to do as he has said he would do and that is accept Christ's sacrifice and give to you grace because of what Christ has done. Your confession says... I know that you are God. I know that I have sinned. I know that I need you and I know that Christ has paid the price.. Thank you. It is a statement of your humility and trust in God to confess your sins.

What I am trying to say is that we cant keep our selves saved any more than we can save ourselves in the first place. We are saved BY HIM... BY what HE has done; We are saved through faithful belief in what HE has done.

What you experienced is likely demonic oppression, the evil that is in the unseen realm attacks our mind... sends us thoughts that are not ours. The Bible calls these firey darts.

You do not have authority over the devil, but you do have authority over your flesh to do as God wills you to do and not as the devil or your flesh wills you to do. You have to ability to resist the devil and when you do the Bible says he will flee.

Your salvation has not given you authority over Satan. It has taken you from Satan's authority. When you know that, then you have power over the desires of your flesh.

James 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

As you grow in Christ and renew your mind through study of the word, you will find that the desires of your flesh become less and less powerful and eventually the desire to sin is changed and your will is ever changing to be in line with the will of the Father God.

Philippians 2:13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

The fact that you did not utter these things shows already that your flesh did not follow your mind. What I dont hear is that your struggled not to say them, which tells me that they were not likely your thoughts in the first place, but the enemy throwing darts at your mind.

I strongly suggest that you read Ephesians which speaks of the armor of God in Chapter 6. This will help you with spiritual warfare which is what you have just experienced.

Please remember that God does not ever allow the enemy to tempt us that he does not give us an avenue of escape. If you feel helpless at anytime in one of these attacks you just call on Jesus - Jesus can hear your call even if you do not open your mouth.

10 ¶ Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
19 ¶ And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,

Not that Salvation is a helment that covers our head and our mind that the enemy cannot have our thoughts.

Note that we fight back with the sword of the spirit which is the word... when the word is in our head it immediately comes to mind when we hear what is contrary to the word of God.

Not that faith is the breastplate and it guards the heart which is where eventually the enemy would like to get your thoughts from head to heart.

The Bible says that the enemy roams about like a roaring lion looking for whom he can devour. He can only devour those do not have on their armour; he can chew up pretty good those who do not know who they are or what they are in Christ. Study the word diligently my friend. Get it in your head and your mind and in your heart.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaplain Bob
Advanced Member
Member # 5019

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaplain Bob     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by whitecrusader:
I am a recent born-again christian as of last year's june or july, one of the two. I have had these thoughts entered my mind, but I don't know where the come from; these thoughts are blasphamies of the holy spirit, in almost a tormenting fashion, recently I had given in to a wilfull thought wise of a blasphamy, but never uttered it (as never spoke it, just stayed in my mind for an unbelieving moment, because this torment has seemed to not go away).

In realization and fear of my error I prayed repeatedly and repented repeatedly to Jesus begging for forgiveness of such an act of unfaithfulness. I researched continuously about this unforgivable sin of blasphamy of the holy spirit because it is such a perminant act, but every where I have read that it seems to be more of an on going disbelief of the truth rather that makes the sin unforgivable over a sin that is unforgivable.

If one is still repentful does that mean that that person has not actually commited the true nature of this sin or am I lying to myself with false hope?

Answers will be greatly appreciated; since I am sincerely worried.

Also to let you know, after repenting and researching some of the sites I have found some comfort as the torments have subsided barely returning only once in awhile. It makes me even more worried that I may have done something wrong or is it that god has forgiven me and actually protecting me from the torments???

The only unforgivable sin is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. Many people do not understand what it is. But a basic understanding of the New Testament's message should make it clear that blaspheming the Holy Spirit is rejecting God's plan of salvation. When one rejects that plan they are calling the Holy Spirit (who brings the message of that plan, usually through a human instrument) a liar and thus blaspheming Him. The fact that you are worried about sinning against God shows that you are one of His children and, like all of us, are battling the Enemy who likes to strike at new Believers before they have a chance to mature in the faith.
EXPECT Satan to torment you as much as he can but remember "Greater is He (the Holy Spirit) who is in you than he who is in the world". You have the power (through the Holy Spirit) to defeat Satan.

--------------------
In His Service,
Bob Allen

Posts: 209 | From: Checotah, Oklahoma | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God bless you David;

Each of us so appreciates this forum, your provision for us, and your ministry. It is so rough as we often need to help our families through crises. You have had a tough go of it and our hearts and prayers are with you.

Thank you for cleaning-up the inappropriate posting.

May God so bless and nurture the hearts and lives of His precious children.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It has been deleted. I have been busy with my Wife's parents. One is in the nursing home and the other was at the hospital. Things are starting to settle down some now.

[Smile]

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To my Brothers and Sisters in Christ,

I am so sorry that this poster's,(WgeorgeW), message has been allowed to stand for 3 days. I have sent repeated e-mails to Administration, and PM'd David, knowHim, BecauseHelives, and then Salty this morning. I sure hope that someone will delete this posting AND this user.

Each of your concerns are deeply appreciated, and it is a lesson to us all to seek to glorify our Lord and to lift-up this forum and administration in our hearts and prayers.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Drew!
Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I turned it into David and hopefully he will soon delete the post and ban WGeorgeW from the forum.

The post is totally inappropriate, and he has no business continuing to have access to the Christian BBS.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

Chaplain Bob
Advanced Member
Member # 5019

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaplain Bob     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[/QUOTE]Im not attacking anything... its unfortunate you feel that way. I will not apologize for saying what i said. It was not an attack. Im thinking literally. If im not allowed to be literal here... i wont return. [/QB][/QUOTE]

Please don't, unless you can follow the rules.

--------------------
In His Service,
Bob Allen

Posts: 209 | From: Checotah, Oklahoma | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by WgeorgeW:
I will not apologize for saying what i said. It was not an attack. Im thinking literally. If im not allowed to be literal here... i wont return.

As posters on this message board, we do have to follow the rules WgeorgeW, one of which is -
"No foul language. Cussing will not be tolerated. Use a thesaurus if you can't express yourself without swearing."

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HE LIVES
Advanced Member
Member # 4931

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HE LIVES     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's just sad.
Posts: 182 | From: Missouri | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whitecrusader
Member # 5438

Icon 1 posted      Profile for whitecrusader     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by HisGrace:
By bringing it out in the open whitecrusader you have now made yourself accountable, and you don't want to disappoint fellow Christians. I am sure the reality of it all has sunk in because you see it in writing, and it makes you more accoutable to God as well.

I have actually been using the word to rebuke with more authority; it is working. Yes I understand I will be held accountable and with hope and prayer I will be able to with stand much better now. I realize now that I have to fight back with the word more than before in order for it to be effective.

I actually found a passage, it is Mark 16:15-18 it was the answer to my question; Christ said "Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned."

It answers the question if I am still saved; I still believe christ is my lord and savior. Funny I only prayed for hope like a couple of minutes ago before I read that passage, god most certainly has quick response time [Big Grin]

If there is any other advice that would be helpful, please let me know, it would be greatly appreciated.

Also I will pray to wear the armour of god as much as I can remember to do so, it seems to help too.

Posts: 6 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
By bringing it out in the open whitecrusader you have now made yourself accountable, and you don't want to disappoint fellow Christians. I am sure the reality of it all has sunk in because you see it in writing, and it makes you more accoutable to God as well.
whitecrusader
Member # 5438

Icon 1 posted      Profile for whitecrusader     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you all for your insight. I thought this was driving me to madness, I knew I was not the only one with this problem as I have read about other stories; I think somebody actually even spoke it (blasphamied in spoken word) and still repented, but my memory is faulty so I am not sure if it is true or not. However, as of late (like yesterday and today) something keeps pushing me to read scripture like a starving man given many loafs of bread to eat.

I really wanted to get this out in the open as my parents are not christian (yet), and my girlfriend and her mom (who are christian) are not available to talk to. When something bothers me like this I prefer putting it out into the open and bring it to light, it helps ease the burden.

I think I might start a website about this unforgivable sin with all of my research and this BBS, because it is very helpful. God bless you all and thank you, I really need this help to ease my conscience.

[thumbsup2]

Posts: 6 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the Board whitecrusader. Just keep reminding the devil of Jesus and the cross and his blood. The enemy trembles at the mention of the cross and His blood because he knows that is where he was defeated.

Saturate yourself with the scriptures also. They are stronger than a two-edged sword.

HE LIVES
Advanced Member
Member # 4931

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HE LIVES     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When these thoughts come rebuke them in the name of the Lord. I don't mean think in your mind I rebuke these thoughts, I mean say it out loud Just as your Father in heaven spoke things into being. There's power in speaking the word. Let the Lord know that you are not giving into these thoughts, and let Him know that your going to fight these thoughts because of your love for Him. Praise the Lord!

Your brother in Christ,
Chuck

Posts: 182 | From: Missouri | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carmela
Advanced Member
Member # 4817

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Carmela     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whitecrusader, you have authority over the devil. God gave you that authority.

Luke 10:19-20
19 Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.
20 Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.
(KJV)

What you need to learn is how to walk in that authority. All you have to do is say devil I command you to leave me alone in the in the name of Jesus. You can quote scriptures if you want also.

My cousin was struggling with similar things and she each time she would tell the devil to leave her alone in Jesus Name and she said it occurred less and less until what she was hearing totally disappeared.

--------------------
www.pinecrest.org

Posts: 646 | From: Central New York | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Silverlion, I thought you said that Beautifully! Amen! [thumbsup2]

Hang in there Whitecrusader! Keep resisting the devil and he will flee [Wink] Keep asking the Lord for help in this and HE will be Faithful! (As you said, the thoughts aren't as frequent as they were [Wink] )

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
silverlion
Advanced Member
Member # 5293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for silverlion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Whitecrusader,

Perhaps something that came up some years ago,in a question and answer time at Bible Study,may help to remember.

1. If one honestly cares about growing in the Lord,and their salvation which we are to'work out daily w/ awe and trembling before the Lord', that one has not committed the unpardonable sin. A person who had done this wouldn't care,they'd have been turned over to a 'reprobate mind'.And Ultimately the one big sin that grieves the Holy Spirit,is rejecting Jesus Christ and his death and ressurection on the cross..it was the purest form of love.

2. The enemy of our souls,satan,loves to make us doubt.If he can get your mind off of the Lord and His grace,off of the scriptures...and so on. he succeeds in his mission to decive you. He wants you to give up,and think what is the use...i'm just gonna blow it again...and sooner or later grieve the Holy Spirit. The Lord knows your 'heart' the tho'ts that you have.your mind will and emotions. Don't give up,God our Father knows that you are being tested by doubts.

I have walked about where you are walking,and I tho't I'd go nuts, now I realize if dark and awful tho'ts come,that they are a deception of the enemy,and I pray,grab my Bible,if I can or listen to uplifting Christian Music. I am far from perfect,but i keep walking with the God who knows my heart and mind. Keep on Serving the Lord Jesus and victory will come.

and #3. When that 'Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit/ horrible tho'ts crowding yur mind', doesn't seem to be bugging you any longer the enemy will try something else,to annoy you. If you saw the other post on this question/ answer board you know the next thing my husband and I are being plagued with..is on going family illness and crisis.

Remember,when the Lord said He will not turn away those who come to Him,He does not lie.Scripture says if you ask for bread your not going to get a chunk of stone,and if you ask for fish your not gonna get a snake!!! I sure hope this will help you Dear Member of the Family of the Lord, Whitecrusader!!!

[ I do hope it makes sense,there are prolly a large number of folk here who could make it a bit more understandable.]

--------------------
Psalm 68:13b ...treasures-Doves with wings of silver and feathers of gold.

Posts: 50 | From: Idaho | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whitecrusader
Member # 5438

Icon 20 posted      Profile for whitecrusader     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am a recent born-again christian as of last year's june or july, one of the two. I have had these thoughts entered my mind, but I don't know where the come from; these thoughts are blasphamies of the holy spirit, in almost a tormenting fashion, recently I had given in to a wilfull thought wise of a blasphamy, but never uttered it (as never spoke it, just stayed in my mind for an unbelieving moment, because this torment has seemed to not go away).

In realization and fear of my error I prayed repeatedly and repented repeatedly to Jesus begging for forgiveness of such an act of unfaithfulness. I researched continuously about this unforgivable sin of blasphamy of the holy spirit because it is such a perminant act, but every where I have read that it seems to be more of an on going disbelief of the truth rather that makes the sin unforgivable over a sin that is unforgivable.

If one is still repentful does that mean that that person has not actually commited the true nature of this sin or am I lying to myself with false hope?

Answers will be greatly appreciated; since I am sincerely worried.

Also to let you know, after repenting and researching some of the sites I have found some comfort as the torments have subsided barely returning only once in awhile. It makes me even more worried that I may have done something wrong or is it that god has forgiven me and actually protecting me from the torments???

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement