Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » When did each one of you first know or feel God was REAL in your life??????????????

Author Topic: When did each one of you first know or feel God was REAL in your life??????????????
Pleasemaranatha
Advanced Member
Member # 5150

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Pleasemaranatha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Eduardo, Our God is wonderful and I can see how He touched you by HIS greatness! Thanks for your testimony. God Bless You

Havor1, Thanks for writing and being kind. I am glad you understand. God Bless You I will pray for your people in Norway.

White Eagle, Thanks for posting your testimony. You really lifted God up high. God really is LOVE. God Bless You too.

I know many have posted a long time ago in the testimony section. I've read them and they are wonderful and moving also. Thanks. [clap2]

--------------------
My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning. Psalms 130 verse 6

Joyce

Posts: 308 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteEagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pleasemaranatha:
I think I should post my testimony.

Anyway, I am glad He saved me and walks with me everyday. He has taught me so much and I am still learning. I feel like a baby of His. He is always holding, feeding, and protecting me.

Glory to God. He is Worthy. He is everything !

That is an awesome testimony!

The Lord became real to me about 17 years ago. I had just prayed a prayer of surrender, my first prayer of surrender to the Lord. Suddenly I was aware of a wonderful presense in the room and felt the waves of God's Love over me for several minutes. That Love was so awesome, I just wanted to be obedient to God because of that awesome Love alone. I never expected God to show up with such Love. My life changed then, but it's has been a battle since that time.

God is faithful, even when people are not.

Posts: 1392 | From: Maine | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
halvor1
Member # 5528

Icon 1 posted      Profile for halvor1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thank everybody for their testimonies . I am very mooved by it. I have also experienced somethink i think comes from the spirit world and i started after i gave my life to jesus 2 years ago . And it is basically that i think i hear very angry voices speaking in a language i can not understand - when i am asleep - and when i wake up in the middle of the night i feel thats something is there and it scares me . And then i pray to Jesus - or I just say many times Jesus is my Lord and then it goes away. As christians i guess we make the devil and his followers desperated and angry. They know that they have lost and that they can't really touch us. We belong the Christ and we walk in his glory and victory . It is when we accept Jesus that we take part in the battle and become warriors. That is how I feel about it. If there are any demons (Iam still not sure if it is just nightmares or something more, maybe im crazy) they know where i stand - I follow Jesus. Ok I hope this was not too strange. It is nice that we can communicate around the world like this - i hope to get to know you. Are most members here from the US?

I guess in general that americans believe more in God ? In my country it is only in church (those that don't just belong to a church in the name but actually go there) you meet believers . I think in media faith is ridiculed often , and i the state tv the nature-programmes take darwin for grantet as a kind of law or absolute truth.. In norway i guess you could call darwinism "common knowledge" and faith in God as the creator is more like "anacronism that will soon go away".
So we go in church and meet other believers but it is like being a minority - if we live for jesus we in a way don't live in this world anymore and i an way we still live here . Jesus told me that i have to give up everything for him, that means also my reasoning and thinking (that used to be in favor of darwin, like most people i know) and just trust him - he called me to be with him. so many arguments with friends and family followed. just that people understand that we are serious about faith , that it is more than a hobby take time. So about spirit world i believe that when we as christians interact with non-christians there are larger forces at work , like a clash between unseen powers. also those that reject our faith have spirits around them and they can see jesus in us, maybe that is why people sometime are provoced by us , just because we believe? i can't understand where the anger comes from. In the last decade it was in a short time many young teenagers that burned down churches. around 30 churches was burned , and most that was caught by police just said the didn't have anything to do, was bored, that was why they did it. It's clear for me that satan wanted to boast and scream , that it was not "just some bored teenagers".. In the gospel of mark 1:23-34 it is a story where jesus drives out spirits from people , and it is written that they know who he is . They could see that jesus was not just a man but the christ , savior and that made them crazy . But in the same gospel many people don't realize who jesus is , they just see in the physical world not the spiritworld. Ok so friends we know that we are as christians clearly visible . - we are living vitness of jesus and he called each one of us in our personal situation whatever i may have been , and that makes us a very large and diverse family [Smile]

greetings . halvor

"Where is the vise man? where is the scholar? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe." 1.Cor.1:20-21.

Posts: 3 | From: Oslo,norway | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember the first time God became real to me as my creator when I looked upon the sky at night and saw all those stars and how round the world must be. I actually thought the moon was Europe and Africa etc.. And it took a divine designer to make it that way. I was 4 years old at that time. The day I called upon Jesus as my Saviour was April 17, 1967. God has been so prevelant to me since I was a child. I am old now, and there are always new things God shows me.

Jesus is my Saviour- I shall not be moved.
In his love is a faviour I shall not be moved.
Just like a tree planted by the waters, I shall not be moved.

I called upon Jesus, when I thought no one around even loved me, but thanks to the kindness of strangers-His message reached my heart. [clap2] [hyper] [Cross] [Bible] [Cross] [wiggle7] [Kiss]

Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We've had some really powerful testimonies on this thread. [spiny]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pleasemaranatha
Advanced Member
Member # 5150

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Pleasemaranatha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I should post my testimony.

I first remember being five years old clinging to a little New Testament anxious to go to school soon so I could learn how to read it.God was real to me. I felt HIM near me and He spoke to me often. That gave me the desire to learn more about HIM.

My parents sent us to the Lutheran elementary school down the alley. They did not know the Lord then. They were just members of the church and never met the savior untill later just before they died.

Our childhoods (6 living kids) were not good. The house was infested from the dark-side. My parents accepted the evil. My parents were used by the evil one to do sexual bad things to us children. The evil grew and more events increased. I'd wake up being strangled by a sister until someone else saved me. My older sister hated me and tried many times to drown me. I was locked up in attics. There were always seances and ouiga boards being used to call in more spirits. You see the older siblings were trying or calling our deceased siblings to the house, and the spirits or demons came in a multitude.

In high school friends would come over and join in the sessions. They did this a few times until some were attacked because they broke the circle.
(I am shaking while typing this) Many of us saw tlephones fly towards us, ghosts, demons, and so much more.

Anyway, regardless of all the evil in the house.......God was with me. He talked to me continually and was my friend. He helped me endure it all. I knew He was always near. I just didn't know how to be born again because the Lutheran church didn't use those terms. I learned the scripture and was confirmed into their religion.

It wasn't until 1972 that my husband and I went for the walk to the altar at a christian church. I was pregnant with our first child and didn't want her to have a repeat of my upbringing. Since then, I have been to the pentecostal church, baptist church, non-denomination church, etc. I was baptised 3 times ...2 imersions and 1 sprinkled and later accepted the free gift of the Holy Spirit. God has done many miracles. He has answered all my prayers. I am so glad He is my savior.

For some reason life has been a terrible battle with the unseen world. .. I see stuff. ...but that is another story I won't bore you with. God tells me not to fear. So, I grab onto Him because He is strong.

Anyway, I am glad He saved me and walks with me everyday. He has taught me so much and I am still learning. I feel like a baby of His. He is always holding, feeding, and protecting me.

Glory to God. He is Worthy. He is everything !

--------------------
My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning. Psalms 130 verse 6

Joyce

Posts: 308 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pleasemaranatha
Advanced Member
Member # 5150

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Pleasemaranatha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God Bless you David for giving your testimony!

We all have a story of God's grace and mercy to tell. With telling our stories God is magnified and lifted up to be praised.

Also, I want to thankyou for all you do for the Lord on this Christian BBS website.

--------------------

Joyce

KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 10 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I (David Campbell) would like to give a testimony of the way I came to know the Lord Jesus Christ. I was born April 25, 1959 and born again on April 23, 1972. I was brought up in the Church and asked the Lord to come into my life and be the Lord of my life and to save me from my sins at the age of 13, on April 23, 1972. As I became older I drifted far from the Lord. I only had the pray this prayer and get baptized religion, I did not really know the Lord Jesus Christ. I started partying with friends at school at the age of 17. Had to move out of my parents house at the age of 18 because I was too wild. I decided to join the Army after that in hopes it would help me. WRONG - it was like throwing gas on a fire. The partying became worse. After 3 years in the service I decided to get out and moved back home. Still partying and running from God (and preachers that would come to our house) yes I would go out the back door as they came in the front door. I actually thought that the Church was full of hypocrites and did not want any part of it. I ended up spending 3 days in jail for DUI and causing my parents more and more grief. Needless to say I was living a life that was not pleasing to the Lord.

I would rather tell what the Lord has done for me then to get into more details of the bad things I have done. I have a Christian Mother who prayed for me constantly. At the age of 26 I came to the end of my rope. I knew about Jesus and some of the Bible. I really did not want to be a Christian because I did not think I could be one and thought that it would stop all the fun I thought I was having. But by the grace of God, He brought several genuine Christian men into my life and they actually were full of the love of Christ. Imagine that, it was the fruit of the spirit in others that finally got my attention. This Christian thing was real not just and act.

I was living in a one bedroom apartment at this time by myself and knew I had to do something to get my life straightened out. I knelt down by my bed and told the Lord I wanted my life to change and I needed Him to help me. I ask Him to forgive me of my sins and ask Him to help me to live a life that was pleasing to Him. I told Him I could not do this on my own and I definitely would have to have His help. In November 1985 I rededicated my life to Jesus Christ. I wanted to tell people I was saved so I went forward at Church and told the Church publicly that I had repented wanted to rededicate my life to Jesus Christ. I also wanted to be baptized again because I was not sure I did it for the right reason the first time. I was baptized again to show my faith and obedience to Jesus Christ. Since then the Lord Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit has changed my life.

LIFE IS GOOD now that I know I am saved by the grace of God and the blood of the Lamb. I have had many days that the old self has shown its ugly face but it is great to know that Jesus died for my past, present and FUTURE sins. I am so glad the Lord changed me because I know I could not have done it myself. I still have a long way to go and know that I will never be perfect until the good shepherd takes me home to be with Him. I am presently trying to spend as much time as I can seeking the Savior as I know that the more time you spend with someone the more you will start acting like them.

I was and still am very excited and enthusiastic about the fact I am going to spend forever with the Lord Jesus Christ. The one that bought and paid for me with His very own blood. I look forward to the day that God will call His Church from this earth to be with Him. This encourages me every day as I think about it.

I am married. My wife (Pauli) and I have been married since December 5, 1986. We have a daughter named Carla and a son named Caleb. I praise the Lord for blessing me with my wife, daughter and son. He was merciful to send me such a help mate and wonderful family. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

A Prodigal Returned,
David Campbell

1 Timothy 1:12-16

I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me strength, that he considered me faithful, appointing me to his service. Even though I was once a blasphemer and a persecutor and a violent man, I was shown mercy because I acted in ignorance and unbelief. The grace of our Lord was poured out on me abundantly, along with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus. Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners--of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his unlimited patience as an example for those who would believe on him and receive eternal life. The Apostle Paul

David Campbell

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pleasemaranatha
Advanced Member
Member # 5150

Dear Halvor, THANKS FOR YOUR TESTIMONY. Praise God for His mercy. Glory! God Bless you richly.
WElcome, welcome, welcome to BBS.

--------------------

Joyce

halvor1
Member # 5528

Icon 1 posted      Profile for halvor1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello!
I became a christian just two years ago. Before that I was almost in the opposite way . None of my friends could believe what happened when I proclaimed that I believe in Jesus. I think the Lord gave me alot of longing for him during 2003 and i felt a strong need to read in the bible (something i had never done before). But He didn't show himself to me until i prayed - It was a wonderful experience that changed my life - Jesus Christ was there directly when I asked for his mercy and to accept me and forgive me my sins - The Lord is wonderful - he is our sheperd and he gave his life for us . This is what I read in gospel of john :

"I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep". Jesus knows us - he knows our hearts and our trouble, our sorrow - everything - we don't have to do something special so that he will accept us - he loves us already and he has invited us to go through his gate and be with him. The price is already payed. Let us trust the Lord like little children, but still be clever when we deal with the world. And if someone says that we are fooles because we trust Jesus - then let them just say what they want - it is ok to be a fool in the eyes of the world - for the Lord sees it in a different way. Our hope is not only to this life here and now - we expect glory ! We are allowed to expect paradis with the Lord. So it's ok that some people laugh of us here and now - let us pray for them instead of being angry.

In Mark 10:15 it is: "I tell you the truth, anyone who will not recieve the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it." I think that was what happened when i met Jesus - I was just like a little child - I prayed - and I expected an answer because I trusted that he would answer. He told me in the bible that those who pray will be answered.

There is none like Jesus -

greetings to everybody.
Halvor

Posts: 3 | From: Oslo,norway | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
halvor1
Member # 5528

quote:
It would be interesting to have everyone post when they first realized God is real, active in your life, loving, helping, being a friend, and even communicating.

Was it when you were a child or an adult? Share please.

Did you realize God was real before you actually got saved......like years before?

God Bless

Stophie
Community Member
Member # 5516

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stophie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I accepted the Lord into my life when I was really young. I don't remember my exact age, but I remember where I was and the time of day.

Since then, I have been straying a bit and to be honest, I had some doubts but a certain event renewed my faith. Our family was in a financial crisis a few years ago and in any logical sense, there was no way for us to get out of it. My mother started praying and relying on the Lord by tithing even when we did not have the money to spare. Needless to say, He never forgot about us and blessed us by turning our entire situation around and we now have a steady income. It just seemed unbelievable at the time, but it truly was the work of the Lord.

That whole situation alone really showed me that all things are possible and His love is limitless.

Posts: 13 | From: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pleasemaranatha
Advanced Member
Member # 5150

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Pleasemaranatha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear OneWayfilms,

I am glad for your testimony. God is awesome isn't He? No christian ever regrets making Jesus their Lord. Hope to get to know you better also.

God Bless

--------------------

Joyce

Pleasemaranatha
Advanced Member
Member # 5150

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pleasemaranatha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear saved1948, Thanks for posting. Your testimony is important. I am glad you
are saved by God's grace and mercy. [rapture]

Hope to get to know you better as time goes by.
God Bless you and yours

--------------------

Joyce

saved1948
Advanced Member
Member # 5391

Icon 1 posted      Profile for saved1948     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did not grow up in a Christian home.My parents did not go to church or talked about Jesus Christ.I had gone to sunday school a couple of times with friends.I knew who Jesus Christ was.It wasn't until I was older did I start going to Church with my husband.I still had not totally given my life to Christ at that time.It was about 10 years ago that I asked Jesus Christ into my life and asked him to help me be obedient to him and really asked him for forgiveness of my sins.I thank him alot now for not giving up on me and for coming into my life and changing my life definately for the better.I am so thankful that I will be with Christ for an eternity.<><

--------------------
John 3:16+6\[/p..................For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son,that whoever believed in Him should not perish but have everlasting life

Posts: 52 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OneWayFilms
Community Member
Member # 5506

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OneWayFilms   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I knew ABOUT God since I was little, but it wasn't till I went to a church camp till I actually felt the Lord tugging at my heart and letting me know he was real. That was the first time I felt his love.

But I was stubborn, I didn't give Him my life till about 7 years later, and now....he's more real to me than ever.
-------------------------------------------
 -

Posts: 12 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pleasemaranatha
Advanced Member
Member # 5150

Thanks whitecrusader for your testimony.

God is praised by all who glorify Him with their postings on this subject.

I picture God as everyone I have ever loved, respected, yearned to be near, everything happy, everything sweet, so understanding, a real person-Spirit-God that never gets tired of hearing me talk even though He already knows what I am going to say He still lets me rattle on and wants more communication each day, always here when I can't sleep, always ready to heal, someone who has all my answers to the question, he isn't stuck-up or judging me when I look my worse, forgiving every time I blow it or miss the mark, powerful, protecting, awesome and a zillion times more neat than I have words to type.

Thanks be to our God for all YOU are! [clap2]

--------------------

Joyce

whitecrusader
Member # 5438

Icon 1 posted      Profile for whitecrusader     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believed that god has always existed,even before I was saved, but I never really acknowledge god that much even though I prayed continuously before and after being saved last year,s june, and then with a witness only last month. Thanks to having a witness a Pasture who led me in prayer, I no longer doubt my salvation because if there is any doubt that comes to mind, I have a witness to call upon [Big Grin]

I have gone through very recent tribulation, some of which you already know and some of it being new, my girlfriend and I broke up in the harshest manner; like a fool I said some bad words and hurt the already badly damaged relationship in the middle of an arguement to the point of no return. I repeatedly appologized, but her heart is hardened despite how sincere I was. I prayed for god's help, but I prayed to little to late. I repented from my known sins and contiued to read the word of god, mostly PROVERBS and PSALMs, it is the only thing keeping me going right now with very little pain for this breakup. I have been highlighting the things that I need to work on between god and I so that I can become a better man in my next relationship. I am looking at this as not an end, but a beginning to a new story. This time I am saved, and I am with god; I believe things can only get better from here on out because I won't (hopefully) make the same mistakes like have made in my previous relationship.

I am thankful that I am saved thanks to the sacrafice of Christ Jesus, because no matter how many times I make mistakes god is always willing to give me another chance, and that his love is everlasting. I will pray tonight for god to fill the areas of my heart that are in pain with his unending love, because I don't want to carry this burdan. In away though I feel a sense of relief reading scripture and comfert from the word of god almighty. Ok enough ranting God Bless all of you and bless christ our lord for saving us [Cross]

Posts: 6 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pleasemaranatha
Advanced Member
Member # 5150

Thanks to all for posting and witnessing your faith.

Passage Revelation 12:11:

11They overcame him
by the blood of the Lamb
and by the word of their testimony;

Thankyou Lord for all you have done and keep doing in all our lives.

--------------------

Joyce

dondi
Advanced Member
Member # 4966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dondi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I was 7 years old, I accepted Jesus as Lord and Savior. It was and is very real to me that that happened. But as I grew, I strayed quite a bit off the path. Skip to 23 years later at the birth of my son. Nope, wait a sec. Let me mention that my granpa was a pastor, led me to Jesus and was a BIG influence on my life. OK, now back to 23 years later. My Granpa had died(devestating) but this tiny little miracle comes into the world and I will stand on oath on this, it was my granpas face I saw when I first saw my son. Now, I know, babies are all wrinkled, red and funky looking. But I believe God used my Granpas face to bring me back to the church and closer to Him. For me, that was positive proof that God was and is real in this world.

--------------------
Behold, I stand at the door and knock: if any man hear My voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and sup with him, and him with Me. Rev. 3:20

Posts: 33 | From: Ceres,Ca | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SrvnHim
Advanced Member
Member # 5439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SrvnHim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you. I feel so blessed that He has given me a story to tell, and that I'm able to tell it. [Smile]
Posts: 66 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 7 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow !!!! What a story. [spiny]
SrvnHim
Advanced Member
Member # 5439

Icon 7 posted      Profile for SrvnHim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, my story isn't as interesting as some, but it is mine - given to me by God, and I thank Him everyday for it. [Smile]

I don't really remember ever being "without" God. You see, I was brought up in a Christian home, so I knew that He existed, from a very early age. I was saved when I was five years old. I didn't have a miraculous transformation the moment that I was saved, because I was so young. I knew, after being saved, that God was there, in my heart, and always with me, but He didn't become REAL to me until I was 13 or 14 years old.

My family and I had just moved to a new town. My dad had gotten a new job, with a considerable pay raise. We bought a brand new house, a new car, and my 2 sisters and I were able to go to a Christian school.

About a year after we moved, my dad's company went through a series of layoffs. My dad was one of them.

Things were ok for a while. My parents had some savings and things set aside. Pretty soon those became depleted.

So, there we were, with many bills and no money to pay them. We girls were aware of everything that was going on. We knew that God said that He was with us and would always take care of us - all we had to do was ask. So we started asking. [Smile]

Pretty soon afterward, we started seeing little miracles happening. When we had a bill due, and not enough money to pay it, we would get a mysterious package in the mail. It was always unmarked, and to this day we have no idea who it was from. Inside of these packages was cash. Always the EXACT amount that was needed. Right down to the cent!!

One time a couple of us girls needed new dresses for something (I can't remember), and one of our church members gave us some. She said that she was in the store, and just had a sudden urge to buy us each a dress. They were just the right sizes.

Also, one Thanksgiving, we didn't have enough money to buy the usual Thanksgiving meal. All we could afford that year was a small turkey. Again, God provided for us. We came home from the store, our small turkey in tow, and sitting on our porch were two bags of groceries. We had one of the best thanksgivings that I can remember.

That year God became real to me. REALLY real!! I knew the God that fed us, clothed us, provided each one of our needs, and comforted us when we didn't know what to do.

I'm not saying that I'm the perfect Christian. I am so far from it. But, when I start to stumble and get away from God, I think back on that year, and high-tail it back to Him - My Protector, Provider, Friend, and Saviour - My God. [Smile]

Posts: 66 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carmela
Advanced Member
Member # 4817

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Carmela     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you. In a way I wish I had a more interesting story to tell, but I praise God that He turned my message from one of negative reports to one of praise and glory to Him.

--------------------
www.pinecrest.org

Posts: 646 | From: Central New York | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was always great to hear your testimony Carmela, and to see how God is opening doors and working in your life. [Smile]
Carmela
Advanced Member
Member # 4817

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Carmela     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I grew up in a very abusive, dysfunctional home. During that time, I asked my mother once if God was real. She said yes although she wasn't a Christian or displaying and Christ-likeness, but I would go into my closet when I was hurting and cry out to God. I was amazed when God started speaking to me, but I still wasn't convinced that it was God.

One summer I was sent to a Catholic camp and I was told to kneel before a statue of Mary and I felt a strong sense that I was not to pray to this statue. I told the nuns but they made me so I got on my knees and I prayed to God and I told Him that I was told I have to pray in front of this statue, but I'm only praying to You Lord.

I didn't know it at the time, but as I grew older and looked back at these times when God spoke to me and directed me, He was placing His faith within me. He raised me to do things differently then I was seeing my family behave.

However, I didn't have a bible or go to church until I was in my 20's and even then I seemed to know of God, but I didn't really know God. One day I was worshipping in church and God made all of the songs come to life within my heart. That was just the beginning but I still kept feeling there must be more.

God called me to come to Pinecrest Training Center and I didn't really want to go. In fact, I waited a year before I obeyed. Since coming here, being surrounded by people that all have a heart to seek God and love Him, and by being constantly taught to seek God daily, I started growing in ways I never even knew were possible. I started to develop a relationship with Christ, instead of just knowing the doctrine of the church and the bible.

I had areas in my life where I was so wounded, that it held me back from truly understanding the bible and the love of Christ. It's hard for me to say this but I will. See, I was so sure that since my mother didn't love me, my family didn't love me, I didn't love me, so how could God love me???

I had to heal and learn to see myself as Christ sees me before I could actually allow myself to become close to Jesus. Before I allowed myself to believe His love was unconditional.

Once I got past all of that woundedness, I was able to grow and develop this relationship that I was so afraid of because I didn't want to be rejected by Jesus since I felt rejected by everyone else in my life. I was afraid to know His love. I had built walls of defense up so high around my heart that I wouldn't allow anyone to get close to me, not even God.

I thank God daily for His healing, love, and deliverance that broke the chains of bondage that were holding back.

I realized Christ was real when I was child, I didn't receive it until I got healed and set free from past wounds.

--------------------
www.pinecrest.org

Posts: 646 | From: Central New York | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pleasemaranatha
Advanced Member
Member # 5150

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Pleasemaranatha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Helpforhomeschoolers, I read this post from Gloria and now I understand

GLORIA "Thank You, Lord"
In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

–(1 Thessalonians 5:18)
Notice that this scripture instructs us to give thanks in all things, not for all things. When tragedy or temptation strikes, we are not to thank God for them. He is not their author. He's the One who provides our way of escape from them. And that's what we're to thank Him for.

If you read the four Gospels, you'll find that Jesus never gave thanks for sickness or death. Instead, when He encountered them, His response was to overcome them by God's power. So give thanks as Jesus gave thanks--not for Satan's activities but for the victory God has given you over them.

Scripture Reading: John 11:1-48

--------------------

Joyce

Pleasemaranatha
Advanced Member
Member # 5150

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Pleasemaranatha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry, I messed that up. No woman wants to be older than her true age. You are young still in earth years.

I will blame it on my medication. I get confused.

--------------------

Joyce

HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 7 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
His Grace,I thank God for filling you and making you His Own over 30 years ago. We all see Him work through you.

Actually you will notice that I said I was around 30 yrs old, which would be over 20 yrs ago.
Pleasemaranatha
Advanced Member
Member # 5150

Helpforhomeschoolers, you also are further ahead like most others here in your walk with God. I can't be thankfull for the thorns yet. Out loud I could say it because He wants me to do so, but in my heart I honestly can't thank Him for those years.

--------------------

Joyce

Pleasemaranatha
Advanced Member
Member # 5150

His Grace,

I thank God for filling you and making you His Own over 30 years ago. We all see Him work through you.

You have a great sense of humor too.

--------------------

Joyce

HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
During my early childhood God never felt real to me. I grew up practically living in the church and I guess I took all of this spiritual stuff for granted.

During revival meetings, close to my teen years, I was always seeking God's face, but never felt a close relationship with him. The Bible was a foreign language to me and I don't remember ever reading it.

However, around 30 yrs. old I woke up one morning and in the twinkling of an eye, His infilling was there, without any prayers or calling out to him. I was totally transformed and started to develop a real hunger for the Bible.

Once you come to this point, you wonder how you ever survived without him. It has been a constant learning and growing experience since then.

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for your blessing; but I have come to the place in my life where I am thankful for the thorns as well as the roses.

Today I can say that I would not change the abuse that I lived through or any of the negative things that occured in my life.

I can see God's hand in every event and I know that there is not one thing that has happened to me or through me that God did not allow to happen and use for his purpose. I know that he knew that each moment of my life would be as it has been and I have no doubt what so ever that all things work together for good to them that love God and are called according to His purpose and walk in the Spirit.

God is a Good God all the time every day 24/7. Each day is a day that He hath made and in which we should rejoice no matter what they day looks like in this time and space.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pleasemaranatha
Advanced Member
Member # 5150

Yes Helpforhomeschoolers that is what I was wondering.

I see children knowing, loving, and believing in God at very young ages before they can even understand the GOOD NEWS, the GOSPEL MESSAGE. He is with them during good and bad times. They know it. Not all children, but some.

Some adults I've known have felt God in their lives before they actually turned completely to Him. You know like the people that drag their feet, but still felt the tug.

I hope more are urged to add their thoughts.

May God Bless you and erase any old thoughts of the past that are painfull. I was abused at a young age too and God was right in the room helping me through those years.

He is the Healer and Comforter.

--------------------

Joyce

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I knew about God before He became real in my life.

He became real in my life at 8 yrs old when I was saved. At that time he came to live with me.

But I who knew nothing of dying kept or decreasing that he might increase, kept him compartmentalized and limited the space in my life that he could occupy. It was not till many years later that I learn to die that I no longer lived but He lived in me and the life I lived in the flesh I lived by faith.

But I thought that your question was interesting because at this point in my life, I have no memory or knowledge of a time when I was without God. I have some memory of my childhood younger than 8... back as far as 3 actually, and when I think on those times, I find that He was there even then ...at least in my current understanding or memory... He was lost to me at that time.. I do not today see that I was lost to him.

Thinking on this kind of blew me away today. I have some pictures in my brain of some abuse that occured in my life as early as three. I was not saved then and I know that, but now when I think on those pictures... those events... He is there. I was aware of him being there at the time. He is in those pictures... comforting me... listening to my tears;talking to me. wow!

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pleasemaranatha
Advanced Member
Member # 5150

Icon 17 posted      Profile for Pleasemaranatha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It would be interesting to have everyone post when they first realized God is real, active in your life, loving, helping, being a friend, and even communicating.

Was it when you were a child or an adult? Share please.

Did you realize God was real before you actually got saved......like years before?

God Bless

--------------------

Joyce

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement