Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » unforgivable sin

Author Topic: unforgivable sin
epouraniois
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
an helpful outline of ch12;

14-50 EFFECTS.
introversion:
S.14 roposed destruction of the Lord by enemies
T.15-21. The word of God. fulfilled
U.22.Miracle (demoniac) wrought.
U.23-37.Miracle. consequenses.
T.38-45.The Word of God. Better than a Sign.
S.46-50.Proposed capture by kindred

23-37 MIRACLE. CONSEQUENCES.
division:
U.V1.23.People. Amazement.
.V2.24-37.Pharisees. Blasphemy.
V2.W1.24-30.Phaisees. Blassphemy.
division:
V2.W1.24-30.Confutation.
.W2.31-37.Condemnation.

24-30 CONFUTATION.
alternation:
W1.h.24-26.Illustration. Divided Kingdom.
.h.i.27, 28.Application.
.h.29.Illustration. Strong man's house.
. .i.30.Application

31-37 CONDEMNATION
introversion
W1.
X.31, 32.Words. Forgiven and unforgiven.
Y.33.Illustration. trees.
Z.34-.expositulation.
Z.-34.Reason.
Y.35.Illustration.
X.36, 37.words. Justified and condemned.

38-45 WORD OF GOD BETTER THAN A SIGN &CT.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
epouraniois
unregistered

Personally, when following the subject and the object the words provide by necessity, I read Christ doing miracles showing His offices as Messiah, the leaders of the Jews saying He is doing this by reason of the Satan and Satanic powers, And Christ saying that it may be forgiven them anything they say against Him as the son of man, but against the Holy Spirit works being accomplished is of Satan is unforgivable.

Is it more complicated? I don't think so, but this in no way begins to plumb the depths of these verses, nor can we with any verse, for they are all Holy and Pure Words of Earth from God made perfect for our digging.

One of the things Christ added was the insult that they weren't even making since, how can Satan throw out Satan was a railing force pushing forward to what they were manifesting, namely committing the unpardonable sin, plotting to murder Him, undermine His ministry, deny Him to their congregation, and all the things of prophecy which He came to fulfill, but to say the workings of the Holy Spirit to show forth the Christ as God with us was unforgivable.

Just sharing how I read it, and this is not a cursory read, just an general overview. I never claimed here to have exposited this, and noone wants to EVEN know how long my 'at home' studies really are, lol.

HisGrace
unregistered

The Pharisees referred to Jesus as Beelzebub. Jesus explained that it was impossible for him to drive out demons by Beelzebub. Nothing saying about an unforgivable sin when speaking about demons. Instead of driving out demons by Beelzebub, he drove out demons by the Holy Spirit. In those scriptures you cited, the only unforgivable sin I can see, still is blaspheming the Holy Spirit.

Matthew 12;25-28Jesus knew their thoughts and said to them, "Every kingdom divided against itself will be ruined, and every city or household divided against itself will not stand. 26If Satan drives out Satan, he is divided against himself. How then can his kingdom stand? And if I drive out demons by Beelzebub, by whom do your people drive them out? So then, they will be your judges. But if I drive out demons by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God has come upon you.

epouraniois
unregistered

I shall try:
Mat 11:9 But what went ye out for to see? A prophet? yea, I say unto you, and more than a prophet.
Mat 11:10 For this is he, of whom it is written, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.

Mat 11:21 Woe unto thee, Chorazin! woe unto thee, Bethsaida! for if the mighty works, which were done in you, had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes.
Mat 11:22 But I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon at the day of judgment, than for you.
...if the mighty works, which have been done in thee, had been done in Sodom, it would have remained until this day.
Mat 11:24 But I say unto you, That it shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom, in the day of judgment, than for thee.

Mat 12:6 But I say unto you, That in this place is one greater than the temple.

PRIEST

Mat 12:7 But if ye had known what this meaneth (Hos6. 6), I will have mercy, and not sacrifice, ye would not have condemned the guiltless.

Mat 12:14 Then the Pharisees went out, and held a council against him, how they might destroy him.
Mat 12:15 But when Jesus knew it, he withdrew himself from thence: and great multitudes followed him, and he healed them all;

Mat 12:17 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Isaiah the prophet, saying,
Mat 12:18 Behold my servant, whom I have chosen; my beloved, in whom my soul is well pleased: I will put my spirit upon him...

Mat 12:24 But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, This fellow doth not cast out devils, but by Beelzebub the prince of the devils.
Mat 12:25 And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand

At this point, Christ is telling them, they who have just said His power is BY the prince of devils, that His power cannot be from a divided source:

And further, berates them even in their saying that somehow Satan is casting out Satan, mocking their illogical ideas:

Mat 12:26 And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand?
Mat 12:27 And if I by Beelzebub cast out devils, by whom do your children cast them out? therefore they shall be your judges.

They just told the Christ, You are Satan and your power is from Satan.

Mat 12:28 But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.

::He gives the warns plainly::

Mat 12:30 He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.

Mat 12:31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

Mat 12:32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

And Christ said, That is unforgivable.

Mat 12:33 ...the tree is known by his fruit.

Mat 12:34 O generation (OFFSPRING) of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.

Mat 12:35 A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.

::And things continually deteriorated for the rulers of the Jews, the very rulers who were trained to recognize THESE SIGNS of the Messiah and hail Him King, hail Him as Emmanuel, God with us::

Mat 12:38 Then certain of the scribes and of the Pharisees answered, saying, Master, we would see a sign from thee.

Mat 12:39 But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonah...

PROPHET

Mat 12:42 The queen of the south shall rise up in the judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: for she came from the uttermost parts of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon; and, behold, a greater than Solomon is here.

KING

We have here then, the denial of Christ as prophet, priest and king, Christ's miraculous works which were signs by the OUTWORKING OF Holy Spirit POWER (on high) to the rulers of the Jews who were themselves calling this power the works of Satan, and calling Him Satan.

Christ responds by saying THAT IS UNFORGIVABLE and tells them why. And remember too peoples, that Beelzebub is the lord of the flys. In Eph we learn that Satan is the prince of the power of the air, while in 2Cor4 we learn he is the god of this world and of deceived man(kind).

HisGrace
unregistered

quote:
In ch, what is it, 12, Christ told them they could say anything about Him they wanted, no problem, but they had called the very works He had done to fulfill the prophetic signs of His office as King, Priest, Prophet were of the devil. And these signs you see, they were being done by the Holy Spirit in Christ, so they were, in affect, saying, 'you are Satan', and our Lord said, That. IS Unforgivable.
Isn't clear where this scripture is found, epouraniois. Could you please quote it verbatim?

Again -Mark 3:28,29 I assure you that any sin can be forgiven, including blasphemy;
but anyone who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven. It is an eternal sin

epouraniois
unregistered

I wish to say plainly what the unpardonable sin is.

Christ the Lord Jesus even prayed their forgiveness on the tree, forgive them Father, they know not what they do.

In ch, what is it, 12, Christ told them they could say anything about Him they wanted, no problem, but they had called the very works He had done to fulfill the prophetic signs of His office as King, Priest, Prophet were of the devil. And these signs you see, they were being done by the Holy Spirit in Christ, so they were, in affect, saying, 'you are Satan', and our Lord said, That. IS Unforgivable.

Later He would flay them mercilessly in ch23, in John8 He would tell them who their father truly is.

Can we commit this sin? No, I don't see how we possibly could.

Please study ch12 in that light and see if that is not what is being discussed, and recall too, that it is this rejection by the very rulers of the Jews which lead into ch13 where Christ begins the prophetic Parables due to their manifesting the fulfillment of Isiaah's prophetic 6.9, 10.

HisGrace
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by TEXASGRANDMA:
His Grace,
It is getting spooky. Seriously hon, God bless you and Merry Christmas! We leave for Houston, Saturday. I am getting so excieted. I got suitcases everywhere in our little living room.
betty

I guess we have to give all of the glory to God. [wiggle7]
Hope you have a great Christmas too and praying for a safe journey.!! [hug]

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
His Grace,
It is getting spooky. Seriously hon, God bless you and Merry Christmas! We leave for Houston, Saturday. I am getting so excieted. I got suitcases everywhere in our little living room.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dws129:
The only sin God can not forgive you of is rejection of him.
David committed murder and adultery.
John the Baptist doubted.
Peter denied him...3 times in one night.
Paul persecuted him, zealously.

If you reject him then yes you are lost, by your own choice, and I beleive that is what the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is; rejection and denial of who and what God is.

All of the above found redemption from sin through God.

David went on to write the most profound book in the Bible. Psalm 119:47,48 How I delight in your commands! How I love them! I honur and love your commands; I meditate on your principles.

John the Baptist was chosen by Jesus to personally bapatize him.
Matthew 11:11 I tell you the truth: Among those born of women there has not risen anyone greater than John the Baptist; yet he who is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.

Peter went on to have a preaching and healing ministry.
Acts 2:38 Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit."

Paul went on to become a great apostle, being uniquely appointed by Jesus himself as a chosen instrument to spread the Good News to many nations.
Acts 9:15 But the Lord said, "Go and do what I say. For Saul is my chosen instrument to take my message to the Gentiles and to kings, as well as to the people of Israel."

BTW TEXASGRANDMA, once again, I have to say I agree with you wholeheartedly. [Big Grin]

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is a sin of offending the Holy Spirit. You might ask why Jesus allows the sin of offending Him to be forgiven and not the sin of offending the Holy Spirit to be forgiven.
Without the Holy Spirit reaching out to us, we would never have that tug in our heart to go to Jesus in the first place. I have heard said, and I believe that you cannot commit the unpardonable sin by accident. Those who have never heard of the Holy Spirit cannot commit it. It has to be one who in their arrogance, curses the Holy Spirit. They choose to do so. At this point the Holy Spirit will remove His calling on that person's life and they will never feel the urge to repeant again. It is a very serious sin.
I don't believe as a Christian we have to worry about this sin. When you become saved, you are safe in Jesus hands and even angels or the devil cannot remove you from Jesus.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dws129
Community Member
Member # 1128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dws129     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only sin God can not forgive you of is rejection of him.

David committed murder and adultery.
John the Baptist doubted.
Peter denied him...3 times in one night.
Paul persecuted him, zealously.

If you reject him then yes you are lost, by your own choice, and I beleive that is what the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is; rejection and denial of who and what God is. And if you reject him then you refuse his payment for all your other sins and they are still chargeable to you. God paid for them but if you don't accept the gift it does you no good. As an example, say you have a bunch of debt and I give you a check large enough to pay it all. If you refuse to cash the check you still have the debt. The gift was there but you refused it.

Posts: 11 | From: West Virginia | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you look at the context of this scripture you will see the answer to your fears:

Mark 3:22 ¶ And the scribes which came down from Jerusalem said, He hath Beelzebub, and by the prince of the devils casteth he out devils.

23 And he called them unto him, and said unto them in parables, How can Satan cast out Satan?

24 And if a kingdom be divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand.

25 And if a house be divided against itself, that house cannot stand.

26 And if Satan rise up against himself, and be divided, he cannot stand, but hath an end.

27 No man can enter into a strong man’s house, and spoil his goods, except he will first bind the strong man; and then he will spoil his house.

28 Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme:

29 But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation:

30 Because they said, He hath an unclean spirit.

Note the scene: This is Jesus and he is speaking to the scribes and Pharisee. They say that the works he does, he does by the power of the devil.

Jesus during HIS earthly ministry was given the Power of the Holy Ghost to do great "sign" miracles. These miracles were so important that Jesus said... if you did not believe HIM believe the works... This is because the works were of GOD for a sign to the people... but not all the people, but the people who would believe:

You can see this here as Jesus speaks:

John 10:37 If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.

John 10:38 But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.

The belief in the works that they were the works of God was the place where the rubber meets the road between those who SAW Jesus as the Messiah and those who did not.

John 10:25 Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father’s name, they bear witness of me.

26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

The question was can you see God? Dont believe me... but can you see God when I do HIS works?

The Pharisee did not and could not see God the father. They blasphemed the Holy Spirit. They denied the Holy Spirit and the works thereof.

The life death resurrection and ascension of Jesus of Nazareth is the Greatest of the works of the Holy Spirit. Those who believe on Christ with faith in and of Christ cannot blaspheme the Holy Spirit and cannot be damned eternally for the BLOOD is sufficient.

The blood was shed to for the sins of the WHOLE world, the just and the unjust. But for those who deny the works of the Holy Spirit - the manifestation of God with us in the Flesh, and HIS death, resurrection, and ascension that propitiation of sin is also denied, thus they are in danger of eternal damnation.

You must BELIEVE if you are to be born again. Blessed is the man to whom God does not IMPUTE sin.

Now what of Hebrews?

Hebrews 6:4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

7 For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God:

8 But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned.

Again, we have to see the context in which Paul speaks to the Hebrews. There were some who had seen Jesus and been there for the works and believed (in the head at least) that Jesus was the messiah and then they returned to the law for salvation...

John speaks here of some of them:

1 John 2:19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

and Peter:

2 Peter 2:18 For when they speak great swelling words of vanity, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through much wantonness, those that were clean escaped from them who live in error.

19 While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage.

20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.

21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.

22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

Note that both Peter and John are predemoniately apostles to the Jews. Many of the Jews returned to Judaism and following the Law. They had Knowledge of Christ but vain knowledge as they looked again to the law for salvation. (It is important to note that the Greeks or the gentiles never had any way to salvation in the first place. To what could they return?)

This is what Aaron speaks to when he says there is a repentance unto belief by the sinner and a repentance to the saved and they are different repentances.

The repentance that is to belief is one that causes us to be born again. It is a repentence that is not wrought by man's will or ability or desire, but it is the work of the Holy Spirit and grace freely given and it produces in man a physical change in which regeneration occurs and we are NEW creatures. HE is author and finisher of our faith to believe and HE alone keeps us saved when this happens.

But there are also those who believe in the head and not the heart... they have knowledge of the truth, but there is no root and they fall away because they have no root. You can see this in the parable of the sower. YOU MUST HAVE ROOT and that ROOT must be GOD.

When the root is there and God indwells the new sealed Christian, then yes, you can error and walk in the flesh and in sin for a time and be restored because God will through the Spirit bring you to repentance.

But to the Hebrews, Paul says it is impossible if you should fall way to be brought to repentance. This is because you cannot unbelieve and believe and unbelieve and believe. You either believe and are born again a new creature or you are not.

So you see that there are two repentances...one is a repentance from not knowing that God is God and Jesus the Son of God; God manifest in the flesh the propitiation for your sins and a turning to God to save you. This cannot be repented of.

And there is another repentance that is the repentance of the wayward son from walking in the flesh to walking in the spirit (this requires rebirth in the first place!!!!)

So, to blaspheme the Holy Spirit is to deny Christ when He stands before you as the Pharisee did... be face to face with the gift of GOD's grace and say it is not GOD... to deny HIS work that is Christ manifest, died buried, risen and ascended.

You have not by the sins that you have described blasphemed the Holy Spirit and your conviction and concern of sin is evidence of this.

Confess your sins my friend, confess your doubt and your ignorance to God - this will show him your belief and HE cannot deny you forgiveness because HE knows that the blood was sufficient, HE just needs you to know it too.

1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Praise HIM, because we are forgiven because of HIS faithfulness and Justness and not our own.

John 6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

John 6:28 ¶ Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?
29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr Ron
Advanced Member
Member # 4498

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr Ron   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is the defined meaning of this blasphemy of the Holy Spirit?

I think many of us have committed blastphemy against God, at least if we had pre-Christian days in our lives. I'm referring to blasphemy as being disrespectful, i.e. blaming God or using His name to make a curse.

As pre-Christians, we probably didn't know enough about the Holy Spirit to even know how to blaspheme.
One definition as I recall is to give Satan credit for the works of the Holy Spirit. How can one blastpheme the Holy Spirit if they don't know what or who the Holy Spirit is?

Anyhow, when the day of judgement comes, who will judge? Who will know our hearts and make the decision?

The Lord Jesus, of course, is and will be the judge.

As a crummy human being, I know that I could forgive you for your act of discretion. How much more capable of forgiveness is the Lord?

Posts: 102 | From: South Carolina | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Mark 3:28,29 I assure you that any sin can be forgiven, including blasphemy;
but anyone who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven. It is an eternal sin.

~Notice that it says that if you blaspheme God you can be forgiven. People often blaspheme God many, many times without even thinking, but blaspheming the Holy Spirit would be a deliberate action. I'm sure you have never used the words, "Holy Spirit."

The devil is having a great time with your mind right now, rdobbs. God probably has a great plan for your life and the enemy is pretty worried. Stand by Eph.6 and throw it the devil's face.

Eph. 6:10-13 A final word: Be strong with the Lord's mighty power. Put on all of God's armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies and tricks of the Devil.

For we are not fighting against people made of flesh and blood, but against the evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against those mighty powers of darkness who rule this world, and against wicked spirits in the heavenly realms.

Use every piece of God's armor to resist the enemy in the time of evil, so that after the battle you will still be standing firm.

quote:
Originally posted by Bat Elohim:
Father, thank you for Your son, Yah'shua, Jesus, forgive us for our sins and set us free from the lies of the enemy. Satan, I rebuke you in the name of Yah'shua! Thank you, Father, for the power of your Holy Spirit. Thank you for setting us free. Bless us, that we may be a blessing to You and to others.
In the name of Yah'shua, Amen.

Dear Lord I am standing in agreement with this prayer.
Bat Elohim
Advanced Member
Member # 3739

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bat Elohim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Honey, if that's the way to commit the "unpardonable" sin, then I have done it too... several times. Trust me, Yahweh still loves you and is still with you.

Just ask for forgiveness.

There always seems to be that little voice telling me that it's hopeless, it's too late, no matter what i say and do, it's not enough. But it's a lie. Yahweh Elohim, God Almighty, has overcome satan. The blood of His sacrifice is always enough, more than enough in fact.

Hallaleuyah!

Father, thank you for Your son, Yah'shua, Jesus, forgive us for our sins and set us free from the lies of the enemy. Satan, I rebuke you in the name of Yah'shua! Thank you, Father, for the power of your Holy Spirit. Thank you for setting us free. Bless us, that we may be a blessing to You and to others.
In the name of Yah'shua, Amen.

--------------------
Numbers 6:24 May ADONAI bless you and keep you. 25 May ADONAI make his face shine on you and show you his favor. 26 May ADONAI lift up his face toward you and give you peace.

Posts: 704 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rdobbs
Member # 5297

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rdobbs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I asked God for a sign letting me know that he was still with me.
I went upstairs to ask my mom come down to talk to me about something a different subject all together. At this point I had thought that I had blasphemed the Holy Spirit and could not be forgiven. A heard a voice which I thought to be God tell me never to speak to him again or have someone pray for me.

With out even my requesting my mom brought her bible and a book about the enemy down with her.
I immediatly cringed thinking that she was going to pray and God would strike me dead. The voice told me that if I talked to God or if anyone prayed for me it would strike me dead.

My mom asked me that we start praying together and I refused. I told her not to pray for me but she insisted I told her to stop many times and she wouldn't. I've never seen her pray so fervently for me in the past. She prayed from the bible and read from a book about the enemy about listening to the enemys lies.

Eventually when she while she was praying I even got up and left the room. Signifying my unbelief.

I even thought that the devil had set this up so that I would cause God to become angry enough to strike me dead.

Can this be forgiven. Please understand that I had been backsliding for quite some time.

Posts: 2 | From: nova scotia | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

The Unpardonable sin -

Mark 3:28,29 I assure you that any sin can be forgiven, including blasphemy;
but anyone who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven. It is an eternal sin

HisGrace
unregistered

Welcome fellow Canadian rdobbs!! I live in Ontario.

I am sure you haven't committed the unpardonable sin of verbally cursing the Holy Spirit.

It is a lie of the devil when he tries to convince you that no matter how sinful you have been, you cannot be forgiven.

I believe that Hebrews 6 scripture is referring to those who have repeatedly turned away from God. Their hearts gradually become so hardened that they become incapable of repentance. You still have a desire in your heart for forgiveness rdobbs.

And when you ask forgiveness, accept and don't let the devil wrap you up in guilt and make you believe that you haven't been forgiven.

Aaron
unregistered

This is a can of worms and I can tell you that many will disagree with what I am about to type.

There is repentance for the sinner which leads to life in Christ. Then there is repentance for the children of God which restores our walk with Him.

After being made new through the sinner's repentance we cannot renew ourselves through the sinner's repentance again. Such a possibility would be shameful to Christ because it would prove that His renewing was not complete.

Something else, beyond the sinner's repentance, is provided to the children of God if they should sin.

The writer of Hebrews is speaking of this fact.

I'm gonna let that soak in before adding to it. [Smile]

Be blessed,
Aaron

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

I believe that you have not commited the unpardonable sin. If you had, you would have not been convicted. When a person commits the unpardonable sin, the Holy Spirit removes Himself from that person. They do not feel convicted. Why are you feeling like this? It is the devil trying to steal your salvation. You just tell the devil that your salvation is secure in Jesus and no one can steal you out of God's hands. Remeber the Bible says the devil is the father of lies. He has been lying to mankind since Eve.
God bless you,
betty

--------------------

rdobbs
Member # 5297

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rdobbs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been a Christian for 6 years.
Over the past two weeks I remembered some previous sins that I commited. They were
very vile - I reviled and cursed God.
I felt very guilty and eventually told God that I didn't believe he'd ever forgive me for what I'd done. I even told my mother that I though I was damned. I also thanked someone else for the things that God did for me. Eventually someone convinced me that these sins were forgivable.

I wonder about a verse in Hebrews 6: 4-6
It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit, who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the coming age, if they fall away, to be brought back to repentance, because to their loss they are crucifying the son of God all over again and subjecting him to public disgrace.

Does anybody have any input?

Posts: 2 | From: nova scotia | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement