Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » ....Déjà Vu....

Author Topic: ....Déjà Vu....
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteEagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lonlesol:
I am sorry Born Again but I have no idea what you are talking about...
I guess I will explain what I meant...

Last week for instance, I went to church. I was very upset about something, and I was talking with two ladies about it and I started making tiny little balls with kleenex and letting it drop on the floor...somehow I have had a dream of that very scene a few months ago...and it happened last Sunday...

I often have dreams at night that do happen afterwards in my life the exact same way...how can this be explained? This isn't just my imagination and I find it very disturbing...

Dreams are how our brains process information we have taken in through the waking day. I believe that many times our dreams mean nothing significant, but are just dreams.

I also have experienced having a dream about some situation like work when I was having difficulty at work and the work was worrying me excessively, I had vivid dreams about interactions with the people I worked with and sometimes those dreams came to pass. Perhaps our brains try to solve problems subconsciously at times.

If you are having dreams that disturb you, just ask the Lord to protect you from evil dreams and in Jesus name protect your mind while you sleep.

You don't need to fear your dreams though, but sometimes understanding them helps us to understand ourselves better.

Posts: 1392 | From: Maine | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lonlesol, I described a déjà vu from our historical past, but I have heard of what you have too. (Don't know if it's called a déjà vu", though.)

My former supervisor at work told me that she dreamed that she was in a place where she reached for something in great anguish, and the next day she was in a Department Store and her little son was kidnapped and as she ran to find him, she came quickly to the escalator, where just then the kidnapper and her son where passing by on the escalator--but she just couldn't quite reach them in her anguish as they passed by. (The kidnapper ended throwing the kid on the ground and ran.)

So she had seen something the previous day that happened the next day.

This confounds evolutionists because in evolution, the next moment has not quite happened yet and cannot be known yet; so the fact that such things happen, with you and with her, for example, shows there is more to life than evolution.

And indeed, the LORD God of Israel told of things "before they came to pass, that you may believe that I am He".

God bless, [Cross] BORN AGAIN

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
^AngelofLight^
Community Member
Member # 5152

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ^AngelofLight^     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe deja vu has more to do with time. Things about time that we do not and cannot perceive. I dont buy the idea of the collective conscience.

"Having the feeling that you have lived it before but you know very well that you haven't?..."

Do you really know very well that you haven't?

Previews to the future, they are deja vu- Seemingly always unimportant, slightly unmemorable incidents, Ie- Balling up tissue at church.

Suffice to say, that I believe there is a part of our minds, a hidden part, a quieted buried part- that knows better. My gut feeling says there is more to time and how we measure it, than we understand. Deja Vu, is just out of reach...just out of our conscious grasp. But for how long?

Do not fear evolution of the mind, for fear that it might erase the footprints of god.

--------------------
If it be your will.

Posts: 13 | From: Heaven or is it Hell? | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lonlesol
Advanced Member
Member # 4511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lonlesol   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am sorry Born Again but I have no idea what you are talking about...
I guess I will explain what I meant...

Last week for instance, I went to church. I was very upset about something, and I was talking with two ladies about it and I started making tiny little balls with kleenex and letting it drop on the floor...somehow I have had a dream of that very scene a few months ago...and it happened last Sunday...

I often have dreams at night that do happen afterwards in my life the exact same way...how can this be explained? This isn't just my imagination and I find it very disturbing...

Posts: 478 | From: Quebec | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is what I think it is. The population of the earth has gradually telescoped and increased, so what now is 6 billion people were once 1 billion people and the 1 billion people were once the 200 million people and the 200 million people were once the 10 million people, and so on.

I believe that there is a collective consciousness (collective memory) within each person of their entire "telescoped" history, and thus when one experiences a "déjà vu", something in the environment/circumstances activated an old collective memory within that person, not from when s/he is part of the 6 billion, but from the pre-telescoped time when the 6 billion was 100 million (or whatever number), and we call it "déjà vu", which is French for "seen before".

God bless, [Cross] BORN AGAIN

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteEagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lonlesol:
This kind of question may not belong on a board like this one. I apologize about that but I really would like this to be explained to me as I get that often...

You know that feeling of déjà vu? When you are having a particular moment whatever it may be?
Having the feeling that you have lived it before but you know very well that you haven't?...

Thank you...

In my experience ( I say this only to what I can tell you as I certainly don't claim to know the whole answer) I often had dreams and many times didn't remember the dreams until walked into a situation that gave me a Deja vu feeling.
Posts: 1392 | From: Maine | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lonlesol
Advanced Member
Member # 4511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lonlesol   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This kind of question may not belong on a board like this one. I apologize about that but I really would like this to be explained to me as I get that often...

You know that feeling of déjà vu? When you are having a particular moment whatever it may be?
Having the feeling that you have lived it before but you know very well that you haven't?...

Thank you...

Posts: 478 | From: Quebec | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement