Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » Are We Ready ?

Author Topic: Are We Ready ?
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes we daily have to become sanctified and our minds renewed every day -

Ephesians 4:31
Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. [Cross]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MySavingGrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4697

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MySavingGrace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
do you mean am I ready when Jesus comes again, and if not what must I do to get that way?

I think I understand, kinda. My mind is fried [Frown]

--------------------
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/forum
Support the mother who lost her son protest the war
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/

here are my comments, I am UHaventDoneNothin
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/node/121

Posts: 426 | From: United States | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are we ready?

I am ready. I am ready now. I was ready the day I was born again and I will be ready when HE comes.

In the mean time and until HE comes, I will be renewing my mind, sanctifying HIM in my heart, studying to show myself approved to God, picking up my cross, crucifying the deeds of the flesh, dying to self, keeping my body in subjection, running as if to win, keeping HIS commands, walking by faith in the Spirit, abiding in HIM and being tranformed from glory to glory into the image of HIS Son.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wparr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Chaplain Bob:
Why don't you just post chapter and verse and tell them to read their Bibles?

Because the POWER is in The Word.

When I give sermons, or do Bible Studies, I READ THE WORD,

because:

Hebrews 4:12
For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

and:

2 Timothy 4:1-4
(1) I solemnly charge you in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who is to judge the living and the dead, and by His appearing and His kingdom:
(2) PREACH THE WORD; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort, with great patience and instruction.
(3) For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires,
(4) and will turn away their ears from the truth and will turn aside to myths.

It is a dangerous, deadly ASSUMPTION that people will go and read their Bibles.

quote:
Originally posted by Chaplain Bob:
I don't think any believer with any degree of maturity believes they are all God wants them to be but most of us strive toward that end.

The condition of the church today in America, when compared with scripture, does NOT reflect that.

Look at this country with 80% claiming to be "christian"

People NEED to hear (and read) the truth.

I'm going to give them, and point them to HIS Truth.

Posts: 1203 | From: Eagle Nest, NM | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaplain Bob
Advanced Member
Member # 5019

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaplain Bob     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why don't you just post chapter and verse and tell them to read their Bibles?

I don't think any believer with any degree of maturity believes they are all God wants them to be but most of us strive toward that end.

--------------------
In His Service,
Bob Allen

Posts: 209 | From: Checotah, Oklahoma | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wparr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The topic is

Are we ready?

Luke 12:2
There is nothing concealed that will not be disclosed, or hidden that will not be made known.

ALL of our sin will be disclosed, and sin is more encompassing and bigger than we want to acknowledge.

1 Corinthians 3:12-15
(12) Now if any man builds on the foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw,
(13) each man's work will become evident; for the day will show it because it is to be revealed with fire, and the fire itself will test the quality of each man's work.
(14) If any man's work which he has built on it remains, he will receive a reward.
(15) If any man's work is burned up, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire.

Are we ready to have all our works tested by His fire?

Matthew 12:36-37
(36) "But I tell you that every careless word that people speak, they shall give an accounting for it in the day of judgment.
(37) "For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned."

Are we ready???

Romans 14:12
So then each one of us will give an account of himself to God.

Are we REALLY REALLY ready to stand before God.

Do we need to start doing things differently?

I know I do.

Posts: 1203 | From: Eagle Nest, NM | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

Jesus is The Way
MySavingGrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4697

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MySavingGrace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
huh?

i'm so lost here

--------------------
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/forum
Support the mother who lost her son protest the war
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/

here are my comments, I am UHaventDoneNothin
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/node/121

Posts: 426 | From: United States | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

Rom 14:23b and whatever is not from faith is sin.

Sin is ALOT bigger and more inclusive than we like to admitt

1 Samuel 15:23a
For rebellion is as the sin of divination, And insubordination is as iniquity and idolatry.

Here it is in The Message

Not doing what GOD tells you is far worse than fooling around in the occult. Getting self-important around GOD is far worse than making deals with your dead ancestors.

HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by wparr:
I'm not accusing.
I'm not condeming
I'm not judging
I'm just posting SCRIPTURE for people to seek their heart with.

I changed the title of the thread to "Are We Ready?" because there is not one Christian alive who doesn't have to die to self daily.
HisGrace
unregistered

James 5:17 Remember, it is a sin to know what you ought to do and not do it. [Cross]
wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

I'm not accusing.

I'm not condeming

I'm not judging

I'm just posting SCRIPTURE for people to seek their heart with.

If the phone is ringing, ANSWER IT.

Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gramajo320   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Romans 8:28-39 We know that all things work together for good for those who love God, who are called to his purpose. 29 For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn with a large family. 30 And those whom he predestined he also called; and those whom he called he also justified; and those whom he justified he also glorified. 31 What then are we to say about these things? If God is for us, who is against us? 32 He who did not withhold his own Son, but gave him up for all of us, will he not with him also give us everything else? 33 Who will bring any charge against God's elect? It is God who justifies. 34 Who is to condemn? It is Christ Jesus, who died, yes, who was raised, who is at the right hand of God, who indeed intercedes for us. 35 Who will separate us from the love of Christ? Will hardship, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? 36 As it is written, "For your sake we are being killed all day long; we are accounted as sheep to be slaughtered. 37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38 For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor rulers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, 39 nor height, nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

--------------------
Gramajo320

Posts: 2385 | From: WA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

1 Corinthians 3:12-15
(12) Now if any man builds on the foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw,
(13) each man's work will become evident; for the day will show it because it is to be revealed with fire, and the fire itself will test the quality of each man's work.
(14) If any man's work which he has built on it remains, he will receive a reward.
(15) If any man's work is burned up, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire.

Are you ready to have your works tested by His fire?

Matthew 12:36-37
(36) "But I tell you that every careless word that people speak, they shall give an accounting for it in the day of judgment.
(37) "For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned."

Are you ready???

Romans 14:12
So then each one of us will give an account of himself to God.

Are you REALLY ready????

HisGrace
unregistered

Luke 12:2
There is nothing concealed that will not be disclosed, or hidden that will not be made known.

Luke 13:25 Once the owner of the house gets up and closes the door, you will stand outside knocking and pleading, 'Sir, open the door for us.' But he will answer, 'I don't know you or where you come from.' [Cross]

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement