Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » Dangers of Ouija Boards

Author Topic: Dangers of Ouija Boards
Grams
Advanced Member
Member # 5169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Grams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[mad2]

This happened to me and 2 of our children, before
we were saved...
Way back in the 60's. they were very young and we had a board.... we played with it as a game.
Our daughter was hearing things in the living room all the time after that! [while we were all asleep]
Never knew till she became older.. She wanted me to get rid of the board. So we sure did. We also had the eight ball. How little I knew !

--------------------
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
[ WARNING: EXPOSURE TO THE SON MAY PREVENT BURNING. ]

Posts: 57 | From: Michigan | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pleasemaranatha
Advanced Member
Member # 5150

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pleasemaranatha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear SweetAlison,

I completely dissagree with you in love.

We were children when we did the seaces and ouiga boards. We were young and did not know the dangers. We were just messing around.. . . until bad things happened. Never did we expect that breaking the circle of the seace would cause such chaos and torment for the years after. That unseen world was opened because no adult told us it was wrong. Beware it is NOT just a board. You will have darkness and trouble in your home. We care about you.

--------------------
My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning. Psalms 130 verse 6

Joyce

Posts: 308 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sweetalison:
I have taken out a ouija board on a sunday afternoon, in front of members of my church. It is a piece of wood. If you honestly feel that it has power, then I suggest you look to yourself. It can only have the power YOU bestow on this piece of wood and ritual.

Anyone that is delving in spiritism can't be a Bible believer. You can't deny that you are not calling on familiar spirits. What moves that disc thing with the legs around? I am sure when you use it doesn't stand still?? Otherwise why bother pulling it out on a Sunday afternoon.

Leviticus 19:31
Turn not to those [mediums] who have familiar spirits or to wizards; do not seek them out to be defiled by them. I am the Lord your God.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sweetalison
Community Member
Member # 5153

Icon 1 posted October 18, 2005 02:09 PM Profile for sweetalison Send New Private Message Edit/Delete Post Reply With Quote I like to play monopoly...it is a fun family game full of avarice. It is a game and merely that. I do not light candles or chant from the wall street journal beforehand.

I have taken out a ouija board on a sunday afternoon, in front of members of my church. It is a piece of wood. If you honestly feel that it has power, then I suggest you look to yourself. It can only have the power YOU bestow on this piece of wood and ritual.

My faith is strong. I NEVER worship false idols. They are totally ridiculous to me and hold no power.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Do you believe in demons?

One can open the door to opression/possesion through occultic practices.

The question is do you believe what is written in the Word of God?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Member Status: Community Member
Member Number: 5153
Are you a male or female?: Female
Note: Member ratings are not currently permitted on this message board. sweetalison: Add to Your Ignore List | Add to Your Buddy List

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

In your profile you have not answered whether you are a Christian. You have not declared for Christ, and declared whether you have been born-again. In another thread you deny the reality of satan.

One is led to wonder what church you held up the ouija board in front of, and whether Jesus is a reality in your life.

What think ye of Christ?

Is it a coincidence that you join the board the same day as ^angeloflight^ who spouts new-age dogma, and that you post in opposition to Christian viewpoints?

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sweetalison
Community Member
Member # 5153

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sweetalison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like to play monopoly...it is a fun family game full of avarice. It is a game and merely that. I do not light candles or chant from the wall street journal beforehand.

My faith is strong. I NEVER worship false idols. They are totally ridiculous to me and hold no power.

Posts: 8 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MySavingGrace:
I try not to impose things on people, but with these boards, I'm very intense on it.

Amen, I agree.

I have another example as to why we shouldn't mess with familiar spirits.

May niece was telling me that in the house she lived in with her mother when she was younger, they used to have strange happenings. Her mother decided to have the house blessed.

Two women came into the house and prayed in every room. When they went to my niece's room, they felt something extra eery and asked her if she had played with tarot cards or a ouija board. She hadn't told anyone but she indeed had dabbled with tarot cards, and finally admitted that she had used them.

They were able to get rid of the some of the spirits but strongers spirits had been invited into the house by using the cards. Just little pieces of light cardboard?? If that can happen with tarot cards, the same thing could happen with a ouija board made of wood.

MySavingGrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4697

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MySavingGrace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I trust my friend though and her cousin's board catching on fire wasn't in some book or the internet, it truly happened.

Hopefully you don't mess with these things though in feeling they aren't real.

I try not to impose things on people, but with these boards, I'm very intense on it.

--------------------
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/forum
Support the mother who lost her son protest the war
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/

here are my comments, I am UHaventDoneNothin
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/node/121

Posts: 426 | From: United States | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sweetalison
Community Member
Member # 5153

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sweetalison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MySavingGrace:
In regards to people doubting these boards,

How do you explian a story I found wehre someone asked the board to reveal themselves. They said "Satan', then they said reveal yourself, somethign like that. Well, the piece that moves and the board there got firey hot and turned red in color, so hot it started to burn their fingers?

Or the one on another board I'm on where a woman said that it said somene would die three days later and they did? Or an onlien friend who still isn't convinced they're bad, but they're mom thankfull is very aginst the boards Why? His mom was using it and asked something baout the furuter of her and aman she was with. Well, it said never or 2 days, I forget. Anyways, he died in a motorcylce wreck a couple days later.

Or the storyof a girl literally flung into the bathroom?

You can do the same hting wiht cutting out letters and putting the on a round table with a wine glass. a wine glass is another way. There are even online boards (Lord help us there.)

Or, how about my firend saying her cousin's board caught on fire once when her cousin was using it?

I don't call this coincidence. I call this evil and dangerous.

the most disturbing thing is those boards are sold as just a game at stores. Its sickening.

I call it a good story.
Reading two people's account of the same event can leave you quite convinced that they were in two different places. It is in the nature of people to look at things from their own point of view, and they also embellish and change that story with time and to suit the audience they have at a particular moment, without a thought that it is effectively a lie.

I remember going to watch a horror film many years ago and the entire cinema becoming hotter then colder. This was due to my fearful reaction. Possibly others in that cinema felt the same thing, but most will have had no such feeling. Am I liar? No, but It is not necessarily the truth.

I believe that the people who have told these tales believe in them. I also believe they have 'tweaked' things to fit their own point and emotion.

Think of your childhood spooky shadows in the night which in daylight turn out to be merely household objects. The most evil thing about a ouija board is the power your imagination bestows upon it. When you do this, you are effectively worshipping a false idol.

I am sorry if this seems a little harsh friends, but I do feel quite strongly on these types of issues.

Posts: 8 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Demons are real and the Ouija is one method of opening the "doorway" and extending an invitation. Those who deny Jesus stand condemned already, and under the influences of Satan, the god of this world, transformed into an angel of light, by those who reject the truth and follow lies and deception.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Wow MySavingGrace that is the scariest one I have heard yet [Eek!]

I have also heard of cases when people try to burn ouija boards, it is almost impossible to get the fire started, and when they do, weird-coloured flames come out of the metal drum or whatever they have put it in.

MySavingGrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4697

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MySavingGrace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In regards to people doubting these boards,

How do you explian a story I found wehre someone asked the board to reveal themselves. They said "Satan', then they said reveal yourself, somethign like that. Well, the piece that moves and the board there got firey hot and turned red in color, so hot it started to burn their fingers?

Or the one on another board I'm on where a woman said that it said somene would die three days later and they did? Or an onlien friend who still isn't convinced they're bad, but they're mom thankfull is very aginst the boards Why? His mom was using it and asked something baout the furuter of her and aman she was with. Well, it said never or 2 days, I forget. Anyways, he died in a motorcylce wreck a couple days later.

Or the storyof a girl literally flung into the bathroom?

You can do the same hting wiht cutting out letters and putting the on a round table with a wine glass. a wine glass is another way. There are even online boards (Lord help us there.)

Or, how about my firend saying her cousin's board caught on fire once when her cousin was using it?

I don't call this coincidence. I call this evil and dangerous.

the most disturbing thing is those boards are sold as just a game at stores. Its sickening.

--------------------

Posts: 426 | From: United States | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sweetalison
Community Member
Member # 5153

With all respect, I believe that the people who feel the desire to use a ouija board create their own atmosphere and are also possessed of an extremely vivid imagination.

We are graced with an extremely powerful mind, capable of allowing us to decieve ourselves if we so choose. The myths and legends surrounding this piece of wood, together with the rituals which have grown up around it can effect the mind of those who have that desire.

Personally, I refuse to be afraid of a piece of wood, no matter what is written on it. I find the symbolism of the words above the gate at Aushwitz of far more terror. The gates themselves remain merely gates.

HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 8 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have heard too many stories about the use of the ouija board to dismiss them just as coincidences. It is not the boards themselves that are the problem, it is the dark spirits that called upon that are the problem.

Look how people use tarot cards, just little pieces of paper. Probably thousands of dollars are wasted by such readings. Also what about a bunch of little tealeaves??

These are all tools to draw on and utilize outside powers of familiar spirits.

sweetalison
Community Member
Member # 5153

Hi,
I hope it is ok to just jump in like this.
I personally think that a ouija board is just a piece of board. Any 'wierd happenings' either at the time or at a later date which are linked back, is purely the imagination.

I understand that the board had a place in the rituals of traditional Satanism(not to be confused with the more modern practice)and in that respect may have become linked in public imagination with the image of a 'Satan'. I refuse to give a piece of board that importance.

^AngelofLight^
Community Member
Member # 5152

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ^AngelofLight^     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How in "gods name" can one be sure that what happened to the family of that man was a direct result of his tamperings with Ouija boards? Any kid who goes to channel the ghost of Elvis is surely not bound to this presumptuous level of godlike Karmic retribution.

--------------------
If it be your will.

Posts: 13 | From: Heaven or is it Hell? | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

A quote I found and posted on another thread -:

"A certain man was an active spiritist. For years he practiced table-lifting and the ouija board and considered this to be a way of communicating with the dead. He continued with his occultic pracitices so intensively that psychic disturbances set in. The effects of his spiritistic interests also appeared in his children and grandchildren. His oldest son committed suicide. His next son suffered from persecution mania. His oldest daughter suffered from Parkinson's disease. The same picture emerged amongst his grandchildren. One of them was a scizophrenic. Another suffered from weak nerves and hypersensitivity, and yet another lived a dissolute life, and has given birth to an illegitimate child. The first of the man's great-grandchildren is now a psycopath and a delinquent."

Here is a discussion we had before on this topic

Ouija Boards

MySavingGrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4697

the goal is to have it moved by itself. I think back when I did it, I kinda oved it myself, which is good maybe instead.

I can believe anythign on those boards. I was invited to a Halloween get together, but once ouijsa boards were mentioned, I was like thanks but no thanks, espeically right before Halloween too. That would be the worst time.

--------------------

Pleasemaranatha
Advanced Member
Member # 5150

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Pleasemaranatha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess anything can be used by the enemy satan. Back in the 60's our family lived in a haunted house and did seances and used ouiga boards all the time. We thought every house had ghosts like ours (when we were young). Our parents kept us sort of isolated. They told us that the ghosts never hurt us so who cares. They never tried to get rid of them because they weren't grounded in Jesus. The needle flew off, and moved by itself lots of times. I don't know if you all would believe me but The Lord knows that it fortold my future husbands name and how many children that would be born by me. That stuff is all evil and pulls you into the dark world. Thank God he saved us all and we all eventually became saved by HIS blood and ressurection.

--------------------
My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning. Psalms 130 verse 6

Joyce

Posts: 308 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MySavingGrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4697

So, I knew of the one voodoo "toy" kit at the bookstore and the shcool bookstore But, today I saw one saying what to doo (like ut in as many needles as possible etc0 as though tis a fun, harmless joke. Another thign was a gofling voodoo doll to ue agianst your opponites, including being hit on the ehad with proably a ball or the stick. Very sad.

--------------------

MySavingGrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4697

I think they don't realize it is real. They see it as a game and a toy. Its sad its packaged in a way to lure children, but its proably all Stan's game.

--------------------

Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gramajo320   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MySavingGrace,

Yes it really is sad these stores sell these things each of which are nothing more than tools of satan that no one should ever buy. It's so sad they think more of money than of what is a truly good item to put in their stores. I just pray that anyone who wants to buy such items will think a long time before doing so and that in the end they will totally reject these items! God bless you.

--------------------
Gramajo320

Posts: 2385 | From: WA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MySavingGrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4697

I thought they sold this at our colelge bookstore, and indeed they do. Its also at Barnes and Noble. They sell this voodoo toy kit thingy. Its really sad. The cover liooks like a cheesy vintage cartoon with it. This is presented like a toy and a joke at the bookstore and my college bookstore!!!!

I odn't know which is worse These things should not be sold at these places and presented as a joke.

I can't boycott my school bookstore, but maybe barnes adn noble?

--------------------

Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gramajo320   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MySavingGrace,

The tarot cards, palm readings, crystal ball readings, tea leave readings are all associated with the occult just like ouija boards are and they are to be avoided.
Anything associated with the occult gives satan an opening to come in and that's something no one wants to do or ever should do. God bless you.

--------------------
Gramajo320

Posts: 2385 | From: WA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MySavingGrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4697

are palm readings, tarot cards, and crystal balls ruled by spiritual realms too or are those just random? I thought tarod was just random draw liek poker, but I could be wrong too.

--------------------

Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

MySavingGrace,

I've only heard that the magic 8's give answers also. Therefore I would totally avoid those, ouija boards, tarot cards, horoscopes, and anything else that is similiar. We cannot afford to let satan get a foothold in any facet of our lives because satan only wants to totally destroy us. Each day spiritual battles are going on and we have the Lord to help us fight the spiritual battles for which we can be and we are very thankful! God bless!

--------------------
Gramajo320

MySavingGrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4697

are magic 8 balls known as being with spirits and dangerous too?

--------------------

Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

MySavingGrace,

I am in agreement with you that all ouija boards are evil and no one should ever purchase one to have in their home. Having such an evil tool of satan's only opens the door for satan to get a strong foothold in their life. I totally agree that ouija boards should be banned from being sold. God bless you.

--------------------
Gramajo320

MySavingGrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4697

soemoen replied that they think regular, "real" ones can do things like make people posessed and mess with them. But, they don't htink Milton Bradleey ones can. I could think real occult tradional ones are more powerful, esepicaly if passed through generations. But, I think a regular one is just as bad.

I didn't know I was doing a psell last summer, but I did, and bad thigns happened ot me I know soemobdy who has ecountered three demons. A friend of mine has seen a demon, maybe even Satan too since it became an angel of light so that is proof they exist. I feel they should have mandatory warning labels and true storeis of bad thigns happening as well. Same with at occult or pagan stores too. Its sickening to have them sold at regular stores, yet alone toy stores. this is not for anyboyd, yet alone hcildren. I"m sure Satan probalby loves mesisng with children since they are so innocent and easily influenced. If I were president, one of the first htings I'd do is ban their sales. It woudln't stop international sales, but still, to me its a national security crisis its so bad.

--------------------

Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

MySavingGrace,

In answer to your question try just typing in information on ouija boards in the address bar and you will probably get a lot of information that way. I agree with you that ouija boards are very evil tools of the devil and I'm shocked to know that Toys R Us would even be selling them. They shouldn't be made available to children because the boards are so evil. God bless you.

--------------------
Gramajo320

MySavingGrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4697

I am trying to find evidence to tell an online friend that ouija boards and the psirit realms are real and not to mes with them. I tell them if they do do it, to always wave goodbye. It also saddens me that these things are sold at regular stores. He told me he sees them at Toys R Us! I don't agree with them being sold period, but if they are, they should only be sold at occult stores, with warnings on them of true stories of bead things.

Please help me with personal stories or stories you know, facts, books, etc to help me prove to him it is real and dangerous?

I also belong to a secular forum where someone said they think those boars are cool and its a joke that its spirits etc. Please help me. I don't want these people to use things thngs if I can help it, it is dangerous

thank you.

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement