Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » Gossip

Author Topic: Gossip
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Proverbs 18:8
The words of a gossip are like choice morsels; they go down to a man's inmost parts.

Proverbs 18:
1: Through desire a man, having separated himself, seeketh and intermeddleth with all wisdom.
2: A fool hath no delight in understanding, but that his heart may discover itself.
3: When the wicked cometh, then cometh also contempt, and with ignominy reproach.
4: The words of a man's mouth are as deep waters, and the wellspring of wisdom as a flowing brook.
5: It is not good to accept the person of the wicked, to overthrow the righteous in judgment.
6: A fool's lips enter into contention, and his mouth calleth for strokes.
7: A fool's mouth is his destruction, and his lips are the snare of his soul.
8: The words of a talebearer are as wounds, and they go down into the innermost parts of the belly.
9: He also that is slothful in his work is brother to him that is a great waster.
10: The name of the LORD is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe.
11: The rich man's wealth is his strong city, and as an high wall in his own conceit.
12: Before destruction the heart of man is haughty, and before honour is humility.
13: He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him.
14: The spirit of a man will sustain his infirmity; but a wounded spirit who can bear?
15: The heart of the prudent getteth knowledge; and the ear of the wise seeketh knowledge.

Proverbs 26:20
Without wood a fire goes out; without gossip a quarrel dies down.

Proverbs 26:

11: As a dog returneth to his vomit, so a fool returneth to his folly.
12: Seest thou a man wise in his own conceit? there is more hope of a fool than of him.
13: The slothful man saith, There is a lion in the way; a lion is in the streets.
14: As the door turneth upon his hinges, so doth the slothful upon his bed.
15: The slothful hideth his hand in his bosom; it grieveth him to bring it again to his mouth.
16: The sluggard is wiser in his own conceit than seven men that can render a reason.
17: He that passeth by, and meddleth with strife belonging not to him, is like one that taketh a dog by the ears.
18: As a mad man who casteth firebrands, arrows, and death,
19: So is the man that deceiveth his neighbour, and saith, Am not I in sport?
20: Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth.
21: As coals are to burning coals, and wood to fire; so is a contentious man to kindle strife.
22: The words of a talebearer are as wounds, and they go down into the innermost parts of the belly.
23: Burning lips and a wicked heart are like a potsherd covered with silver dross.
24: He that hateth dissembleth with his lips, and layeth up deceit within him;
25: When he speaketh fair, believe him not: for there are seven abominations in his heart.
26: Whose hatred is covered by deceit, his wickedness shall be shewed before the whole congregation.
27: Whoso diggeth a pit shall fall therein: and he that rolleth a stone, it will return upon him.
28: A lying tongue hateth those that are afflicted by it; and a flattering mouth worketh ruin.

3 John 1:10
So if I come, I will call attention to what he is doing, gossiping maliciously about us. Not satisfied with that, he refuses to welcome the brothers. He also stops those who want to do so and puts them out of the church.

3 John:
1: The elder unto the wellbeloved Gaius, whom I love in the truth.
2: Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.
3: For I rejoiced greatly, when the brethren came and testified of the truth that is in thee, even as thou walkest in the truth.
4: I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.
5: Beloved, thou doest faithfully whatsoever thou doest to the brethren, and to strangers;
6: Which have borne witness of thy charity before the church: whom if thou bring forward on their journey after a godly sort, thou shalt do well:
7: Because that for his name's sake they went forth, taking nothing of the Gentiles.
8: We therefore ought to receive such, that we might be fellowhelpers to the truth.

9: I wrote unto the church: but Diotrephes, who loveth to have the preeminence among them, receiveth us not.
10: Wherefore, if I come, I will remember his deeds which he doeth, prating against us with malicious words: and not content therewith, neither doth he himself receive the brethren, and forbiddeth them that would, and casteth them out of the church.
11: Beloved, follow not that which is evil, but that which is good. He that doeth good is of God: but he that doeth evil hath not seen God.
12: Demetrius hath good report of all men, and of the truth itself: yea, and we also bear record; and ye know that our record is true.

13: I had many things to write, but I will not with ink and pen write unto thee:
14: But I trust I shall shortly see thee, and we shall speak face to face. Peace be to thee. Our friends salute thee. Greet the friends by name.

Phillipians 3:
15: Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.
16: Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing.
17: Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample.
18: (For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ:
19: Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)
20: For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:
21: Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it Christ-like to be spreading speculation, innuendo and half-truths? When does it become just pure gossip?

Proverbs 18:8
The words of a gossip are like choice morsels; they go down to a man's inmost parts.

Proverbs 26:20
Without wood a fire goes out; without gossip a quarrel dies down.

3 John 1:10
So if I come, I will call attention to what he is doing, gossiping maliciously about us. Not satisfied with that, he refuses to welcome the brothers. He also stops those who want to do so and puts them out of the church.

God is LOVE [Cross]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement