Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » Abortion: Legality or Morality will end it?

Author Topic: Abortion: Legality or Morality will end it?
BrazilianMommy
Advanced Member
Member # 4787

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrazilianMommy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In Brazil abortion is illegal but there are plenty places where you can get it done.

There is is non-profit organization that helps this mothers to make the right decision. I believe they are nuns that lead but I am not sure. There is a hot-line where she can call, when they go there they explain all the consequences of the abortion , the truth about 'get rid of the problem', how they can be affected emotionally for life etc. It is a great work they do there, giving love and acceptance and being compassionate with the girls. There are pscycologists, people that work in several areas that help these pregnant ladies. They even give them shelter if a family is throwing them out, go talk to the family etc. They receive donations so they can pass on to them, baby clothes, milk, breastfeeding support etc.

It is small but it helped many woman. If a pregnant teen knows that she can come to a place where they will receive her with a hug and love...

There are more people trying to adopt here than in Brazil, what it should be done is to make the process cheaper so people can adopt american children instead from other countries.

Maybe we should start talking about this in our churches. Giving couseling to these mothers-to-be , to their families...

--------------------
Jesus loves you

Posts: 83 | From: United States | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MySavingGrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4697

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MySavingGrace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
too often I hear people thinking if abortion is illegal than it will be stopped. Well, consider this, drugs are illegal but does this stop the drug trade and addictions to it?

Would making abortion totally illegal really end it?

A woman can just go to places in Europe (and maybe Canada or Mexico, I'm not sure on their laws.) they can just illegally get some ru 486. And, if plan b is legal (cause technically for some odd reason we don't consider it, and I didn't when I was younger, we don't consider it a life until after a period of time.)

Some feel abortion is ok the first one or two trimesters, but not the third. Where is the logic in this? A life is a life no matter how advanced it has become.

What's sad, in my opinion, is there is more shame upon a woman for bieng "wrongfully" pregnant over valuing this future life and themselves. Due to seperation of church and state this may not be possible, but I would like it to be mandatory for anyone considering an aboriton to speak with a priest or minister or nun etc first. And, watch some type of cocumentary or film aobut a woman/women being so happy they kept the child.

Sadly, I may have helped someone I was friends with have an aboriton a while back (and before I became Chrsitian.) I feel she feared the guy's friends more than the baby being born and what those guys would do to her, maybe also her family disowning her. And, if families disown young ladies for these "wrongful" pregnancies, how are they not to blame too? If familis are mean to women and/or disown them, that is a big part of the problem right there Women, like that girl, unforutantly abort because they don't want people to find out. And, if they don't have the money or what have you, what aobut adoption?

the time I can understand is with rape Though adoption would be best, I cannot say what it owuld be like to have to be pregnant through rape. Also (like my fiancee if he was born a few years earlier than he was), if the baby will have no chance and/or it puts the mother in too much risk that's a different story.

I had given the girl a plan b I had, but she later illegally did ru486 (without tellin me til after and me researching it and finding she did it wrong and oculd of made her in a lot of danger) and its still not confirmed she was pregnant, maybe just afraid she was And, I feel bad for what I did, but God knows that.

But, to use whether it is legal or not is only using that as a scapegoat instead of examiningn the real issues. Just as drugs being legal or not is not the problem, it is the reason people feel they need it. It is the chemical addiction not whehter it is legal.

If women who were pregnant at a young age and out of wedlock were supported and given food and clothes and spriitual support instead of scourned and feeling hated by others, we would have less abortions. If women valued themselves more we would (a girl I knew said if she got pregnant she would just kill herself.)

Its not about Roe vs. Wade. Its about the value of life over the same of a "wrongful" pregnancy. And, even if this conception seems at a wrong time, who's to say it isn't for something better/

Also, a good thing to say to women considering this is, If mary aborted, would we have had our salvation and known Jesus? If the mothers of Martin Luther King, Einsteen, Marie Curie, or (fill in the balnks) aborted, where would we be?

Its also similar with prosittuion. Whehter its legal or not isn't the issue. Same with prohibiton with alcohol.

--------------------
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/forum
Support the mother who lost her son protest the war
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/

here are my comments, I am UHaventDoneNothin
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/node/121

Posts: 426 | From: United States | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement