Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » Pharisee Mentality

Author Topic: Pharisee Mentality
Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gramajo320   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Homeschoolers,

Thank you very much for your posting and I truly appreciate it.

I just pray that you truly understand what I've tried to say regarding only God knows exactly what is in everyone's heart and only God can see into someone's heart and God is the only one who will judge our hearts.

I certainly agree that satan's work has to be torn down. Satan is the most evil there could ever be and satan has to be stopped at all times for he is so extremely evil!

You have a very blessed night and God bless you!

--------------------
Gramajo320

Posts: 2385 | From: WA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Betty:

quote:
Sadly, I believe it is possible for a Preacher/Teacher to teach wrong on purpose in order to pacify members and visitors. Those who put numbers ahead of God's Word, will be punished by God.
I think this is also true. We are told that there will be those among us that are not of us; and if one is not of us, then this one will being doing the works of the enemy as they are physically incapable of doing the works of God.

I think that these are the wolves that the scripture speaks of.

GrandmaJo: Thanks. I do not think that we should seek to tear down or destroy anything except the works of the devil. Even when we call sin that is seen in the body, I think it has to be for the purpose of seeking restoration of the brother and preventing the spread of sin in the body. I think that this is the meaning of doing what we do in charity... which is agape. I think that we saw Jesus do some hard things but never without chairty to just and unjust alike and also Paul. This speaks to the heart. What is our motiviation when we act in a way that may seem hard. I think that when Paul had to deal with ALexander and Hymenaeusm he did this in agape and you can see this with his comment "that they learn". This shows that Paul did not want to hurt them, but wanted them to learn so that they could come to repentance.

1 Timothy 1:20 Of whom is Hymenaeus and Alexander; whom I have delivered unto Satan, that they may learn not to blaspheme.

Our motivation should never be to tear down anything except the devil's work.

God Bless!

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gramajo320   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Homeschoolers,

Thanks lots for your posting which I'll be re-reading again here pretty soon.

In all of my postings I've tried really hard to get across that I posted to only what I personally knew and heard to be true. I also tried hard to convey that only God knows what exactly is in everyone's heart and only God is to judge our hearts. I also truly believe that all of the good that a person has done personally should be recognized along with recognizing their faith in Jesus Christ, not that they've asked for recognition at all but running them down and some refusing to acknowledge the good they've done either just doesn't seem quite right. I know that false teaching has to be addressed and I have plenty of discernment for that. God is the only one who can see into everyone's heart and He alone knows exactly what is in every person's heart and He is the only Judge. Anyway have a very blessed rest of the day.

--------------------
Gramajo320

Posts: 2385 | From: WA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HisGrace: You said:

quote:
I am saying that we have no right to judge the ones who say that they have made a commitment to Christ by being born again. Very dangerous to pretend that we know their hearts.
Do you mean as to their salvation? if you do I want to say Amen! I do not think that we can ever know who is and is not saved or will or will not endure. As long as man has breath no matter how backsliden he may look at any given moment we do not know what God will do! God may be working on another area in that man's heart that we cannot even see.

There are so very many scriptures that speak to not judgeing salvation of one who says he is saved. This one comes to mind immediately:

Romans 10:6 But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above:)

I believe that the scripture speaks to knowing people in these ways. I am open to your correction, but let me share what I see;

How do we know we are a brethren of Christ?

1 John 3:14 We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.

I love this scripture because it shows that we can be born again and living in death right now. I think that without judging the heart which we cannot do, we can see in ourselves and in others if someone is abiding in death or abiding in life at any given moment. All of us have probably abided in death at different periods of time in our lives. Fortunately, it is God that determines for us when this life will end and so until that moment comes, we do not know if one abiding in death today will be abiding in death tomorrow or next week. But we can see if we or another be abiding in death today.

This love of the brethren is agape love by the way. It is the love that loves enough and in a way that we would lay down our life for our brother.

That is a whole study in itself and can be very edifying if we should chose to pick it up in another thread.

Who are our brethren in Christ?

Well first Jesus says this of those who are our brethren:

Matthew 12:50 For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

If we look at this scripture and the one above, we can see where our linear time really reeks havoc in our thinking.... because we are saved now, we are being saved now, we shall be saved one day. In God's eye view all those who shall be saved are saved now and from the foundation, but we see the manifestation in this life of what God sees when he sees the end from the beginning.

But what this means for us is all we ever can see in our brother is (sin or flesh) - or (Spirit)

So what GrandmaJo is a champion of hammering into our thick skulls is true... We cannot know the heart of man. But with all do respect to the correctness of this message - this is not the end of the story.

We are not here to condemn men; we are here to destroy the works of the devil and thus we must condemn sin.

We can hear with our ears what the hear of man is full of at any given time because the scripture says that out of the fullness of the heart the mouth does speak.

If today I who am born again am spouting at you words of condemnation "You are a pathetic worthless so and so" "You would not know sound doctrine if it hit you on the head" "you are absent any wisdom of God" "you are lost" etc... etc..

Then you who hear this will know that I am speaking out of my flesh and not out of my spirit and thus at this given moment my heart is full of hate because I am in the flesh and the flesh is where sin lives. And He is full of hate for God and all who are God's.

Some of you would be incapable of speaking in this manner to another because your hearts have been cleansed to the point that this no longer is found in your hearts. But even the most clean on of us has still some flesh and when we walk it it, it speaks.

Now, if I am born again; I can 5 minutes later repent of this and choose to walk in the Spirit and when I am walking in the spirit you will hear something very different come out of my mouth.

We are all who are born again in the process of dying to our flesh; though we be dead to sin now and live through Christ now in the Spirit.

Now if I were not born again.... then what was coming from my mouth would be the fullness of my heart, but there would be nothing else to speak from as you have to be born again to speak from the spirit.

The cleansing of our hearts as born again believers is a lifelong process that is part of our sanctification. What we do not often realize I fear it that when we walk in flesh we are actually resurrecting the old dead man of sin, and thus the scriptures that speak to those who walk in sin crucifying again Christ.

So, while we CANNOT judge the heart of man regarding salvation, We can see sin in his actions and we can hear sin in his heart that speaks through his mouth.

The Bible commands us that we speak to rebuke our brother who is in sin.... that he may repent, confess and be cleansed. We do this out of love.

It is not loving to the body or to the brother who sins to deny his sin, not rebuke his sin to him, not bring his sin before the congregation if he refuses to repent and not put him out the fellowhsip if he still will not repent.

There is no comdemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus AND walk in the spirit and not the flesh.

Any of us when walking in the flesh is subject to being in danger of condemnation from God at that moment and this should greive us all.

The Bible speaks and Jesus does condemn the churches for not seeing and judging sin in the body and dealing with it according to scripture.

It is very true that a man's works can burn and he still be saved. But he will suffer lose. If one suffers loss the whole body suffers loss.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Caretaker:
Proverbs 15:1 A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.

There have been many grevious words spoken over the last few months, and I am most guilty so often of speaking from my flesh, sharp and pointed words as in debate.

Our Lord was directly tempted by the ultimate enemy, and used the Word to thwart the efforts.

Our goal should be to honor Christ in our hearts and in our lives, to stand for and honor God's Word, and seek after the bearing of spiritual fruit.

Gal. 5:
18: But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
19: Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20: Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21: Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
22: But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23: Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
24: And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
25: If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
26: Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

I was just reminded of old seargent Friday on the Dragnet television show, "Just the facts Maam".

I will always stand resolute unmovable for God's Word, but I was thinking of a pimple,(ooohh groossss), this morning and how if it is squeezed to "pop-it" the area becomes quite sore and inflamed, but if it is lanced and lightly massaged the poison is drained-out and it heals quicker, with far less damage to surrounding tissue.

I think it is imperative to seek humility, love, empathy, and to be like the Bereans to search the scriptures to ascertain what is true.

May God so bless His precious children.

AMEN Brother Drew! This is exactly what I've come to see as well (except for the 'pimple part' Ewwwww [Wink] ). How we approach a subject is as important as the subject it's self.

quote:
2 Timothy 4:2Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.
I have Fallen Short of that mark myself. If we loose "Patience" (long suffering) while contending, we cease to speak in Love.

quote:
1 Corinthians 13
Love
1If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.
4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

[hug]

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

Caretaker,

I just finished reading your newest posting and once again I want to thank you ever so much for it.

Your words and the scriptures you posted are so true and I really appreciate all that you've said in it and also for your other posting that I'd already thanked you for. You have a very blessed day and God bless you very much.

--------------------
Gramajo320

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Proverbs 15:1 A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.

There have been many grevious words spoken over the last few months, and I am most guilty so often of speaking from my flesh, sharp and pointed words as in debate.

Our Lord was directly tempted by the ultimate enemy, and used the Word to thwart the efforts.

Our goal should be to honor Christ in our hearts and in our lives, to stand for and honor God's Word, and seek after the bearing of spiritual fruit.

Gal. 5:
19: Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20: Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21: Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
22: But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
24: And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
26: Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

I was just reminded of old seargent Friday on the Dragnet television show, "Just the facts Maam".

I will always stand resolute unmovable for God's Word, but I was thinking of a pimple,(ooohh groossss), this morning and how if it is squeezed to "pop-it" the area becomes quite sore and inflamed, but if it is lanced and lightly massaged the poison is drained-out and it heals quicker, with far less damage to surrounding tissue.

I think it is imperative to seek humility, love, empathy, and to be like the Bereans to search the scriptures to ascertain what is true.

May God so bless His precious children.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

Caretaker,

I also truly and humbly forgive you and I deeply appreciate your posting. I'm not infallible either and I know with certainty there is no infallible human being on this earth. I really enjoy all of the scriptures you quoted also. Thank you very much for your posting.

You have a very blessed day and God bless you.

--------------------
Gramajo320

HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This fallible believer humbly accepts your apology Caretaker. With your many quotes of scripture, I know your heart is in the right place.

Sometimes the devil attacks the most powerful Christians, because they are the greatest threat to him.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Ones in Christ Jesus our Lord;

I want to take this time to humbly apologize to my precious Sisters in Christ, Grammajo, and His Grace, for my fleshly postings over the course of many months. Far too often my postings were far more like sniper attacks rather than a stand for the Word. When our Lord Jesus was tempted by Satan, He quoted the Word.

We cannot look through the monitor and see the tears shed for the lost, or hear the wrenching heartfelt prayers on behalf of others. I honor your deep and abiding faith my Sisters in Christ, and the King of Glory dwells within our hearts and unites His precious children in faith.

I beg your forgiveness Sisters, and I will seek to honor our Lord in my heart and in my postings. I wrote this and it might be appropriate to post here:

Just a Closer walk with Thee.

John 14:
But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

The New Testament writings are divinely inspired, for God’s Comforter,(the indwelling Spirit of God Almighty), taught and brought the writers into God’s glorious truth. I absolutely use the Word of God as the guidebook for my life, as a lamp unto my feet and a glorious light unto my path.

What could be clearer than the contrast of fleshly fruit and spiritual fruit found in Galations 5:
Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

My personal yardstick, by which I am able to measure the progress of my feeble walk with my precious Lord.

1 Thess. 5:

Rejoice evermore.

Do we rejoice in our hearts, in our lives, in our postings and interaction with others?

Pray without ceasing.

Do we walk with our precious Lord in an attitude of prayer? Do we pray for others? Have we prayed today? Have we prayed for another today? Have we ministered to others unselfishly and with true devotion to our great God and His Holy Word?

In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

Do we gives thanks to our mighty God, our awesome Redeemer? Have we given thanks today? Do others see a thankful spirit in us, and in our posts?

Quench not the Spirit.

Do we honor the Spirit of God, and do we encourage the manifestation of God’s Holy Spirit within our Brothers and Sisters, or do we seek to quench it?

Despise not prophesyings.

Do we despise the forth-telling of God's Holy Word?

Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

Do we prove all things and hold fast to that which is good?

Abstain from all appearance of evil.

Do we seek to abstain from all appearance of evil, the living witness to those around us, or do we seek to justify that which is wrong?

And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

May we allow our glorious Lord to set us apart and to purify us for His Holy purpose and perfect will.

Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.

Our glorious Lord is ever faithful and we have His Word on it. May we seek to be ever faithful to our Redeemer, and yielded to His will and purpose for the hearts and lives of His children.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please, let's look within ourselves for these fruits of the spirit.

quote:
Gal 5:

1 Corinthians 2:2
For I decided to concentrate only on Jesus Christ and his death on the cross.

-

MySavingGrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4697

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MySavingGrace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never said I ever knew exactly what was in someone's heart.

I mean if soemobdy is very depressed to the piont they seem suicidal, I would probably try to help them and tell them to change caues life is worth living and things like that. And, if soemobdy is mean and abusive for me to tell them that is not the way. If soemobdy ahd an easting disorder, I would tell them about my experiences having it and htings and how dangerous it is and how valuable life is. If someobdy was wanting an aboriton, I'd tell them to save this life and give it up for adoption if they must but keep this life.

That's what I meant :0)

--------------------
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/forum
Support the mother who lost her son protest the war
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/

here are my comments, I am UHaventDoneNothin
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/node/121

Posts: 426 | From: United States | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

Galatians 5:22 By contrast, the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness, and self control. 25 If we live by the Spirit, let us also be guided by the Spirit.

--------------------
Gramajo320

Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

Mysaving grace,

Ask yourself this: when you look at someone, can you really see into their heart? Can you really know what is exactly in their heart? There is a world of difference between judging false teachings and judging another person's heart and presuming to know exactly what is in it. God is the only one who knows what is in every person's heart and God is the only one who is to judge any one's heart. God is the only one who can see into each person's heart. Anyone else who claims they can know exactly what is in a person's heart is quite wrong.

--------------------
Gramajo320

MySavingGrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4697

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MySavingGrace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I see somebody possibly harming themselves or others, I may kindly and I mean kindly tell them what I think and how I hope they will change and follow God. But, I know nobody can know like Jesus did about thsee things

But, is the power of discernment being able to tell someone's heart or something else?

--------------------
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/forum
Support the mother who lost her son protest the war
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/

here are my comments, I am UHaventDoneNothin
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/node/121

Posts: 426 | From: United States | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

There are many many scriptures on loving our brothers and sisters and that is something we are to do all of the time. We also are to have the fruit of the spirit for we will be known by our fruit of the spirit. God is love and he wants us to love one another not just now and then but all of the time. We are to have the fruit of the spirit not just now and then but all of the time.

--------------------
Gramajo320

Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

God's commandment that we love one another is very important for us to obey also. We all need to keep that in mind on a daily basis. We all need to remember the fruit of the spirits also which is very important too.

--------------------
Gramajo320

Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

1 John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another, because love is from God; everyone who does is born of God and knows God. 8 Whoever does not love does not know God, for God is love. 9 God's love was revealed among us in this way; God sent his only Son into the world so that we might live through him. 10 In this is love, not that we loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the atoning sacrifice for our sins. 11 Beloved, since God loved us so much, we also ought to love one another. 12 No one has ever seen God; if we love one another, God lives in us, and his love is perfected in us. 13 By this we know that we abide in him, and he in us, because he has given us of his Spirit. 14 And we have seen and do testify that the Father has sent his Son as the Saviour of the world. 15 God abides in those who confess that Jesus is the Son of God, and they abide in God. 16 So we have known and believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and those who abide in love abide in God, and God abides in them. 17 Love has been perfected among us in this; that we may have boldness on the day of judgement, because as he is, so are we in this world. 18 There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear; for fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not reached perfection in love. 19 We love love because he first loved us. 20 Those who say, "I love God," and hate their brothers or sisters, are liars; for those who do not love a brother or sister whom they have seen, cannot love God whom they have not seen. The commandment we have from is this; those who love God must love their brothers and sisters also.

--------------------
Gramajo320

Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

James 4:11 Do not speak evil against one another, brothers and sisters. Whoever speaks evil against another or judges another, speaks evil against the law and judges the law; but if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge. 12 There is one lawgiver and judge who is able to save and to destroy. So who then, are you to judge your neighbor?

--------------------
Gramajo320

Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

Caretaker and His Grace,

Thank you both very much for your postings and God bless you both.

--------------------
Gramajo320

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Matt. 4:
4: But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Gal. 5:

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
One who declares for Christ, will produce fruit, and we will know them by their fruit according to our Lord:

Many examples of good fruit through their missions have been cited concerning these preachers, but we are only told in turn that "we won't get into heaven because of our works."
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
May God so bless each of my dear Sisters in Christ Jesus our Lord.

One who declares for Christ, will produce fruit, and we will know them by their fruit according to our Lord:

Matt. 7:

15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. 16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? 17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. 19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. 20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

2 John:
7: For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
8: Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.
9: Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.
10: If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:
11: For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

2 Tim. 3:

14: But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;
15: And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
16: All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

We must compare what the message is which is brought, and what fruit is produced. If the message and fruit are contrary to the Word of God, then we must speak out for the sake of those who can be led astray.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

Caretaker,

I would really appreciate it very much if you could be of help to me by answering a question I asked of you. I look forward to your reply and thank you very much in advance for doing so.

--------------------
Gramajo320

HisGrace
unregistered

quote:
Paul spoke out against the Judaizers who were leading the Galations astray.

The Jehovahs Witnesses declare that they are following Christ. Should we speak out against their teachings?

The LDS declares that they are following Christ. Should we speak out against the teachings of the LDS (Mormons)?

I think you are missing the point I am trying to make Caretaker. Many of these religions say that they follow Christ, but don't preach "Ye must be born again."

I am saying that we have no right to judge the ones who say that they have made a commitment to Christ by being born again. Very dangerous to pretend that we know their hearts.

Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

Caretaker,

In my posting I was referring only to judging of the heart - not false teachings.

I have a question for you and I believe you could give me the answer. There seems to be a fine line between judging the heart and judging false teachings. I know that false teaching has to be addressed and I don't understand someone judging another's heart. Could you please help me out by answering my question? Thanks and God bless.

--------------------
Gramajo320

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Drew,

Thank you for your courage. I debated posted here for hours. You did the right thing. God bless you,
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Sisters in Christ, I do disagree. We must compare what they teach with the Word, and if they teach error then we must speak-out against such error. Paul spoke out against the Judaizers who were leading the Galations astray.

1 Cor. 5:
9: I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators:
10: Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world.
11: But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.
12: For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?
13: But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

1 Cor. 2:
9: But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
10: But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
11: For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
12: Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
13: Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
14: But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
15: But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.
16: For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

2 Timothy 3:
16: All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

The Jehovahs Witnesses declare that they are following Christ. Should we speak out against their teachings?

The LDS declares that they are following Christ. Should we speak out against the teachings of the LDS (Mormons)?

Ephesians 4:
14: That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
15: But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

His Grace,

Your new topic is great and thank you very much for posting it. God bless you.

--------------------
Gramajo320

HisGrace
unregistered

Matthew 3:7 But when he saw many Pharisees and Saducees coming to be baptized, he denounced them, "You brood of snakes!" he exclaimed. "Who warned you to flee God's coming judgment?"

That wouldn't be my judgment or your judgment, but God's judgment.

Jesus had every right to 'offend' the Pharisees because he could see their hearts. They didn't even pretend to be followers of Christ.

If a self-acclaimed Christian acts in a manner that we consider to hypocritical, we have no right to judge them because we cannot see their hearts. If preachers tell me that they are born again I have to believe them and not judge what God may consider to be his anointed one. If I see them going astray I will pray for them and pray that God will place conviction on them.

If someone, as the Pharisees did, comes up to us and says that they totally deny God's truths or flatly say that everyone is eventually going to heaven, no matter what they have done, we know the scriptures say that we individually ask for forgiveness. In that case we can tell them they are talking amiss. However,we still have no authority to call them snakes.

Only God can see the inner man and how often do we as Christians are tempted to act like snakes? Paul, Peter or John never called anyone a snake.

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement