Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » Good prayer journals, bible studies, etc

Author Topic: Good prayer journals, bible studies, etc
Pleasemaranatha
Advanced Member
Member # 5150

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Pleasemaranatha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When you talked about prayer journals it made me want to write a response. I've tried to keep prayer journals through the years to give God Glory; but recently a few months ago God gave me an idea. You see I am just an disabled 54 year old woman. Forever I felt like I didn't know what talent God gave me. I didn't know what His plan was for me to do during these last days. Truely, I felt kind of useless and bored. Well, recently I heard from HIM. He has had me wtite homemade books about all kinds of sugjects to my grandkids. They always have something about HIM stuck in there. They might be about cats, children, or anything. My illustrations aren't the best.....but they are colorful. The words are simple but from the Lord's guidance. I am having a ball knowing God can use me JUST where I am. . .. and the kids love getting stories in the mailbox. The prayer journals remind me about all the things God has done for us and I am led to sprinkle those in the short stories for the children.

--------------------
My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning. Psalms 130 verse 6

Joyce

Posts: 308 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lately I have been reading magazines from PROJECT RESTORE. THE POWER OF HIS PASSION is awesome! the website is www.projectrestore.com

I also read "La Palabra Diaria" "Daily Word" and Our Daily Bread.

I also shop at www.KELPbookstore.com

also use immensely www.e-sword.net

But currently I am taking Bible Degree through Tripp Bible Institute

www.tripp-bible-institute.com

there is alot more but I have to get going!

Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MySavingGrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4697

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MySavingGrace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was wondering if people could suggest any of these they like and/or have heard of:

prayer journals (could be a web site too) I htink the Serenity one from this place's site looks nice

bible study books or sites

other inspiration books: I have one by Max Lucado I think called "Safe in the Shaprd's Arms"

I'd really like to be able to not just read the bible but do studying of it (and also maybe in order from genesis on, cause regular bible studies don't necessarily start form the begiining) and maybe things on the Gosepel's and Jesus's passion.

thanks for the help

--------------------
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/forum
Support the mother who lost her son protest the war
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/

here are my comments, I am UHaventDoneNothin
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/node/121

Posts: 426 | From: United States | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement