Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » Will You Meet Him in the Jordan?

Author Topic: Will You Meet Him in the Jordan?
Shofar
Advanced Member
Member # 4788

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shofar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome!

I believe there will come a time when we ALL will keep God's Day of Rest as God originally ordained it to be kept.

A doctor friend of mine told me that our bodies were designed to slow down one day a week for optimal performance. He suggested that going on a light fast ((fruit drink fast)) would be extremely beneficial during that one day.

A rabbi told a group of us that if the economy would "keep the sabbath" that the whole world could heal itself from pollution on a weekly basis. That blew me away.

I believe that the sabbath falls in line with the Jewish day. It would begin Friday at around 6pm and conclude Saturday at 6pm. HOWEVER, I will add that any day that a person is led to "rest" ((which is really a time of reflection on God)) would be honoring God and that individual would see changes for the better in all areas of their life -- physical, spiritual, emotional.

::: thinking that I need to be more earnest in taking a "time out" with God :::

--------------------
Shofar

Posts: 24 | From: New Mexico | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrazilianMommy
Advanced Member
Member # 4787

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrazilianMommy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jesus healed the sick on the day of rest, so, healing is ok hehe.

Well, it doesn't have to be everyone at the same time, people that work in business that think they need to be opened 24/7, the person take a rest on their day off. Any plance that works 24/7 probably have their employees to take turns.

--------------------
Jesus loves you

Posts: 83 | From: United States | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MySavingGrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4697

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MySavingGrace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^^^^ I think a lot of it is seperation of church and sate. Many palces still are open on Sundays for business.

I feel medical places should be open. I know we need to rest but places like hospitals and that need to stay open.

Some restaurants and things (mainly I think could be wrong if owners are Armenian) are closed on Mondays. I have a feeling that's their sabbath day then.

--------------------
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/forum
Support the mother who lost her son protest the war
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/

here are my comments, I am UHaventDoneNothin
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/node/121

Posts: 426 | From: United States | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrazilianMommy
Advanced Member
Member # 4787

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrazilianMommy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I totally agree with you.

You know what? God is speaking to people about the day of rest. It is so funny that you mentioned. I have a story to tell:

Since I became Christian, one thing always bothered me. Why we do not rest on the 7th day, which ever the 7th day is? Why do we just skip this command? We do not live under the law, but why Jesus said 'keep my commandments?'.

Anyway, now that I have two kids and feeling exausted and working from monday to monday I prayed and complained to God and while I was sorting my laundry I thought 'Even God rested on the 7th day.." A light came and that old thought came to mind again and since then brothers and sisters I have been taking my 'day off' on Saturdays (I am not adventist of 7th day or anything) and I am getting all my house work done during the week, feeling much better and much closer to God. I think that this day off is a great blessing.

--------------------
Jesus loves you

Posts: 83 | From: United States | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THE CONTINUED PART

Luke 3:21-22 " Now when all the people were baptized, it came to pass, that Jesus also being baptized, and praying, the heaven was open, AND the HOLY GHOST dscended in a bodily shape like a dove upon Him, and a Voice came from heaven, which said, "THOU ART MY BELOVED SON; IN THEE I AM WELL BLESSED.

(The one and unique time that the Father,the Son, and Holy Spirit is present as God.)

Now that we know above all that JESUS is the Way, the Truth, and the Life, we must come to a personal decision!

4th Understand that sin has a penalty and a price! IT MUST BE PAID FOR! We either need to accept the payment from Jesus as a gift (John 3:16) OR attempt to buy our salvation with our works, HOWEVER ONE sin committed is the same of committing offense against the entire holy law of God, HIS commandments.

5th and final JESUS came to save us, and save us from a literal HELL, separation from HIM, GOD.

2Thess 1:8-9 IN flaming fire taking vengeance on them that obey not the gospel of Our Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of His power.

NOW that we see what is before us, we must come to decision that will change your destiny. WILL YOU MEET HIM IN THE JORDAN, more exactly we must repent first (ROMANS 10:9-10) and be baptized by the Spirit and prove obedience thru the water.

WILL YOU MEET HIM IN THE JORDAN?

Jesus said in Revelation 3:20 "BEHOLD I stand at the door and knock, if any man hear my voce, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Jesus wants to meet you, Will You meet him in the Jordan?

Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought I would share my paper with you all!

The false teaching and misguided doctrines of the church are really a tough adverary to beat and to bear!As far as I cold remember when I became a believer in Jesus Christ, I always assume that if Jesus did it, we should too. However, that is not always the case with the church. The chuch has decided to advocate doctrines of men, forgetting their foundation in Jesus or barely having any gimpse of truth in it. In many churches today, we have baptized babies even before they could ever make a competent decision for Jesus. We have moved the day of worship from the Sabbath to Sunday and most Christians sAy the sabbath is not as important today as it was back then but Jesus continually says:
"If you love Me, keep My commandments. And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He ma abide with you forever- the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you." JOHN 14:15-18
"As the father loved Me, I also haved loved you; abide in My love. If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love." JOHN 15:9-10

Jesus has plainly said it, If you love Me keep my commandments. What are his commndments. Since Jesus being the Son of God and was there at the beginning creating the earth and heaven (John 1:1-4), then it should be concluded Jesus' commandments are the same as those passed on to Moses. Even before the Jewish nation was ever establish there was an universal command and that being Honor the Sabbath and keep it holy. This is the first command of duty given to us Genesis 2:1-3,because God rested from a 6 day of work, we should too. Our rest must include praising and worshipping God. Jesus is still the Lord of the Sabbath (Mark 2:27-28) The Sabbath was made for Him. Our joy and righteousness is established in faith in Jesus Christ alone.
Traditions of men have eventually taken over the sweet sound of Jesus' name and they have made the salvation of the Lord burdensome, corrupt and removed the simplicity of "Without Faith it is impossible to believe in God". Is it any wonder the unsaved world look at the so-called christian and say, "If that is what is meant to become a followe of Jesus, Forget it!" Jesus came that we might have life and have it more abundantly. For every law of man whether in Church dogma or not, is a continual degradation and elimination of the Spirit of truth and salvation, "THE LOVE OF MONEY" has taken root in secular and religious societies to the point that each mimick one another unto bladant apostacy. SALVATION is the same as it was in the days of Jesus while He was on earth. FOR BY GRACE ARE YOU SAVED THROUGH FAITH;AND THAT NOT OF YOURSELVES : IT IS THE GIFT OF GOD: NOT OF WORKS, LEST ANY MAN SOULD BOAST-Ephesians 2:8-9. There is coming a day when Jesus will judge the world, and He will say, "Depart from me fo I never knew you-" NOT EVERYONE who saith unto me Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heave; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is heaven."-Matthew 7:21 Ye must be born again- and if you love Me receive Me be baptized unto faith in the Lord. We as Christans must be like the faithful Bereans and search the scriptures daily and discern every teaching thrown at us. If it concurs with the Word of God in its entirety, then it is an holy oracle of God. If it does not agree with the scriptures, destroy it, get rid of it . And do not propagate it at all- unless you teach the faithful to be cautions and know the advesary.

As christians (baptists) we are taught this particular saying-"Since the thief on the cross, was not baptized in water, neither should we need to be baptized in water if we choose to." However each and everytime people came to the Lord and repented first, then they were baptized. HELLO~! Check It Out!! This baptism was the key to seal and make a stand for righteousness.

Will you meet Jesus in the Jordan, and follow His example! Repent of your sins and declare this day that Jesus is Lord, and He has forgiven you of your sins through the shedding of His blood forever! Jesus says- IF YOU LOVE ME, KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS" Follow Him to the Jordan!

Because of sin, there is no way anyone of us could keep the entire commandmens layed before us, this is why Jesus came.

Romans 3:10-11 As it is written: There is none righteous, no not one; There is none who understands; There is none who seeks after God. They have all turned aside; They have together become unprofitable; There is none who does good, no, not one." Romans 3:23, "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

1st- Acknowledge God! God is the creator, Our God!
2nd- You must have faith in God, that He alone established the Way!
3rd- Understand Sin has separated us from God. God will not accept us as holy!

What happened on the day Jesus was baptized by his counsin John the baptist?
Jesus met John in the middle of the Jordan River. Joh knew who Jesus was concerning the deity factor. John knew he was the Christ. Just before Jesus went out to John they had a discussion about two baptism which occured when Jesus was actually immersed in the water! 1) baptism of Water and 2) baptism of Spirit. Luke 3:21-22

TO BE CONTINUE

Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement