Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » Refuges

Author Topic: Refuges
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Cross] Consider it done, sister peh. Praying that many doors will be opened to you.  -
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peh
Advanced Member
Member # 4446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for peh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for the kind words, HisGrace, but don't forget to pray for me, ok? [Wink]

--------------------
St. Peh
I don't know everything but I know the One Who does.

Posts: 255 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

I have to admire you for taking on such a huge project peh. Certainly looks you are really being obedient to God's will.

Kudos for leaning on Him and being totally submissive by a true act of faith. [clap2] [clap2]

peh
Advanced Member
Member # 4446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for peh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your posts are great, y'all,

HisGrace, I should have said I put about 6 months into prayer and seeking His face when I first heard from Him about the Refuge, and it's been nearly 4 years since then, during which I've sought, cried, planned and unplanned, bought land, moved from Calif to SC to Kentucky, etc etc. I know what He wants, it is the accomplishment of it that is frustrating me.

And the post about the refuge being Him is so right on. However, there is a physical component that He wants provided so that people can have a really quiet retreat sort of place to attach themselves to him without outside interference.

This won't be for everyone, obviously, but the Lord assured me rich and poor, near and far, would come. It seems so simple on the surface, I have the land, 9 acres of it, it has utilities on it already, it could use some cabins or something to sleep in but overall the basics are there, it just seems like money, of course, and other problems crop up all the time, that keep it from happening. I'm not clear on what that is all about.

He just arranged two heavenly coincidences yesterday about property in town that is available and will yield additonal funds for the Refuge once they are cleaned up and constructed a little better and the bank is amenable to it all, but which of the two? Since both came up the same day and so far as I can tell both were God arranged, which is what, or do I buy both or ??? This is the very thing that keeps happening, the blessing ends up being the problem, isn't that weird?

I'm in a hurry today so this might not be so clear, hope y'all get my drift.

Thanks for your responses, I see the thought and care in them and greatly appreciate it

--------------------
St. Peh

Posts: 255 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteEagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been contemplating "Refuge" as described by the Psalms, such as Psalm 91:1-2
"He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress; my God: in Him will I trust."

This past week has been difficult due to spiritual attacks from the enemy for me, I prayed that God would hide me from the enemy and give me refuge.

He has done so the past few days, because I needed a break, and God is faithful. Praise God for His mercy.

I think the Refuge is rest from spirtual attacks and God can give us that Peace and safety, when we seek His grace. This is a promise of God.

I know there will be a renewal of my battles, but at least I can Rest in this Refuge of being in the shadow of the Almighty. [clap2]

Posts: 1392 | From: Maine | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

If God gives someone a vision, peh, I believe he has a very strong message for them.

Maybe you have to really seek his face and the scriptures to make it clear what he is expecting from you.

Praying that you will receive wisdom in order to have his plan for you life clearly revealed to you,peh. [Prayer]

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I know more about what He was showing me now as I'm in a speeded up mode myself it seems, like everyone else. Now I'm trying to take care of business enough so I can set up the Refuge on His time, but it is getting more and more difficult to have time to just sit and look out the front door, have a cup of coffee, and just talk to the lover of our souls."
------------------

Never get to busy to talk to God. God could could come back before the rufuge ever happens. I am saying this because every time I get to busy for God, He has a way of knocking me off my feet. He has put me flat on my back enough times so I was forced to look up at Him. [Wink]
betty [hug]

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peh
Advanced Member
Member # 4446

Posted by peh (Member # 4446) on May 23, 2005 01:04 PM :
quote:
...the parents yielded to the "speed" of life as a way to avoid facing a collapse of life as known to them.
MySavingGrace, what I was trying to say with the statement above is that as the Lord was showing me the speed His people are living has itself become a way to hide from the possiblity of a coming collapse of that life of SUV's, big houses, non-stop activities, and entertainment they are paying so much for. If you go real fast, you can't think, all you have time for is to grab and go, like McDonalds, and drive thru banking, no time to pause and think about what you're doing, and why.

You posted:
quote:
i'm not clear on all of satan/lucipher's pwers etc but the rush in life is dangerous.....i also feel we as a society are to busy/hurried to know what is important
I don't think very many of us know very much about what all our enemy can accomplish in our lives and in the lives of others, but I do know Scripture says in Daniel 12:4 "But you, Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book until the time of the end; many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall increase." And Eccl 1:18 says "For in much wisdom is much grief, And he who increases knowledge increases sorrow. "

Yes, I agree, we have forgotten the important things and focused on money, entertainment, and basically meaningless activities instead.

Posted by TEXASGRANDMA (Member # 847) on May 23, 2005 01:49 PM :
quote:
The only answer I got was to work for God and look for His return. I just seem to be hearing the song that says "Work for the night is coming"
Yeah, I know the feeling, that is the way I felt when I first "saw" what the Lord was showing me about the speed of life. And since then it has only grown more urgent.

Technology is one of the avenues that is speeding up life, computers leading the way in some lives. I don't have to go to the library, or the post office, or even out of my house if I use the computer to do all that for me, but what happens instead is we sort of make up things to do, and that interferes with Bible study, quiet time with the Lord, etc.

I know more about what He was showing me now as I'm in a speeded up mode myself it seems, like everyone else. Now I'm trying to take care of business enough so I can set up the Refuge on His time, but it is getting more and more difficult to have time to just sit and look out the front door, have a cup of coffee, and just talk to the lover of our souls.

--------------------
St. Peh

MySavingGrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4697

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MySavingGrace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'm not clear on all of satan/lucipher's pwers etc but the rush in life is dangerous.

ii used to go really fast on freeway (and im not judging no christians but this was also before i chagned to god and cahnged how i treated life) i would literally go 90 on the freeway. often, when people who speed in a mjor way are pulled over they are upset they got a ticket and gotta pay money and have points on their record. but, its like "hello, the cop may have been a message to slow down" and people seem to doge in and out of lanes etc to go nowhere. i mean it only makes u go 2 cars ahead but risks lives of many. or i tell people to slow down, they're like there's no children in street or i dont wanna be late etc. and i used to rush rush to not be late etc, but when it comes to driving, its risky.

i also feel we as a society are to busy/hurried to know what is important (not just god but what he provides us like family, friends, our hobbies etc)

what do u mean speed of life instead of facing a collapse? u mean they go to fast to know what's really happening or danger of goin to fast?

--------------------
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/forum
Support the mother who lost her son protest the war
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/

here are my comments, I am UHaventDoneNothin
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/node/121

Posts: 426 | From: United States | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't, sorry, I am not any help. I did pray and ask God if wanted me to do anything in this way. Then only answer I got was to work for God and look for His return. I just seem to be hearing the song that says "Work for the night is coming" I feel that Jesus is telling me His return soon and we need to reach those while we can before the rapture.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peh
Advanced Member
Member # 4446

Since I didn't get any response where I first posted this, I think I'll try again here [Smile]

Has anyone else been spoken to by the Lord about providing refuges, or as some might call it, "places of rest" for His people?

While I was still in California, the Lord began to speak to me about a Refuge for His people. He coupled this with a vision of the planet Earth being encircled by rapidly moving steel tracks that wound around it tighter and tighter until the middle was squeezed like a waist.

He led me to see that the devil, thru his abilities as the prince of this world system, has been for many years speeding things up, until many of God's own people are so busy they have no time for Him, or if they spend some time seeking Him, it is blighted by the "busyness" of the world.

I "saw", as if as an example, a large house with a four car garage, and mom and some kids in one SUV and dad in another speeding somewhere, to tennis lessons, piano lessons, soccer practice, after school events, appointments, and so on.

The implication was that the bills on the huge house, multiple cars, and lessons for the kiddies were so overwhelming the parents yielded to the "speed" of life as a way to avoid facing a collapse of life as known to them.

Also, that the very busyness was a snare to keep them from realizing they have no relationship with God, and no idea how that might happen, or so much as realize why they might need such a relationship.

He indicated the need for Refuge, that is, places where His people could spend time, and give to the Lord the attention He deserves and for our own well-being. This refuge idea is not that of a retreat or a campground, but a place where some might decide to live, while others come to stay variable lengths of time as they are able: a quiet place, a restful garden, and a place where help could be found in the seeking of God and a relationship with him from other Christians who have given the time and have the relationship.

The Refuge places would also be a safe place for those fleeing persecution, though I didn't see that part at the beginning of the speaking and impressions.

Since then, I have done what I can to set up such a place here in KY, buying land and having utilities put on it for use when it is needed by the people of God.

Not long after I first heard from the Lord on this subject, I began to hear of many others who have had the same kind of speaking, some have already been able to establish such places.

I read a book called "The Second Exodus" of Jews out of Russia and other lands in their coming back to Jerusalem. In the book, which I read after the Lord had already been speaking to me about the Refuges for some time, it is mentioned on several occasions about people being warned ahead of time to get places ready for visitors and their buying of lands and buildings to provide shelter. In many cases, the lands and buildings were in use shortly after the Lord's speaking came to the providers.

I feel as if there is something else I should be doing now, as the land is just basically sitting there. In fact, I have it up for sale, as it may not have been the right location. There is another person's land between the acreage I have and the road and to enter mine, you have to pass right by their house. I may be able to buy their land, which would increase the size of the land available and give better access. Or if I get the price I'm asking, I will be able to buy a larger parcel. I'm open to the Lord for whatever He wishes to do with the land, and with me, in accordance with His desire for the Refuge.

I'm very interested to know if anyone else has heard similar things from the Lord. I have already met one here in KY who has a similar vision and have recently heard of another who was to look at the acreage I have and was looking for land to do exactly the same thing.

--------------------
St. Peh

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement