Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » ? about christian addicts ?

Author Topic: ? about christian addicts ?
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps God got so tired of the hypocracy in this drug addict, that the only way he could get his attention was to bring him to the brink of finally dealing with the consequences of his addiction.

Many think that born-again suicide victims end up in heaven. Maybe this person cried out to God at the last moment and at last totally released and turned over his bondage of sin to God and begged for forgiveness. God demands total submission; maybe at last he came to the point of total submission. Just a thought.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 15 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So what you are saying is that Yeshua's death has no power to set men/women free from the bondage of sin.

A person traped in the bondage of child molestation just must live with the fact, that they can not get victory over their sin.

If you smoke stop, cry to yahweh till victory comes

If you are an addict, cry out till you are free

Over eating, cry out till victory comes

we are to be crying out against all sin in this body of flesh till we die

Sin is to have no power over the child of Yahweh, if Yahweh has come in to live in them

The problem is that most people are being preached another Gospel

A humanistic Gospel that does not change the heart of men and women

quote:
can someone who is a christian "be" a christian while they are addicted to drugs and still abuse substances?? >> if the died, would they go to heaven?
If you die crying out to be changed every day, then and only then will you make heaven your home.

Crying out for the presious Blood of Yeshua

The Blood of Yeshua will cleanse and set yyou free if you seek Him with all your heart

Half hearted seeker will not find the Life, the Eternal Life of Yeshua

The broken heart and the contrite spirit Yahweh will not turn away. Psalms - Chapter 51

The proud Yahweh will reject

Jam 4:6 But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.

Psa 119:21 Thou hast rebuked the proud [that are] cursed, which do err from thy commandments.

Pro 21:4 An high look, and a proud heart, [and] the plowing of the wicked, [is] sin.

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
his_soldier
First Post
Member # 4694

Icon 1 posted      Profile for his_soldier     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I once knew a man addicted to Crystal Meth. He was a homeless man who stayed at a local shelter and ne night gave his life up to the Lord, but the addiction was still with him..he could not beat it. He found that he had a gift in songwriting and even collaborated with some local Christian artists and wrote many songs of praise with these guys. He became very involved in the church and everyone there loved him, espcially all the children in the youth ministry. He died a few years ago from drug related problems but I can see him standing up there in Heaven looking down on all the other addicts, putting his arm around them and praying for them.
Posts: 1 | From: Regina,SK, Canada | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Adv.Christian:
[Cross] The question itself is of a legalistic nature

Slavery certainly isn't legalistic. Our bodies are supposed to be temples of the Lord and we are sinning if our bodies are under the bondage by addictions.
Adv.Christian
Advanced Member
Member # 3453

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adv.Christian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Cross] The question itself is of a legalistic nature. It is contending the actions of the one using the substance is in some manner dictating their fate by that action. Christ came to cleanse us of our sins. Should Christians use illegal substances? No but that in its self is a rule of man which applies in so far as God ordained government authority. The fact is would we see anything wrong with a person using percocet when prescribed by a doctor verses using it without a prescription if at both times the person was in pain? Dose a person that smokes now have a less likely chance to obtain salvation then a person of say 50 years ago when society endorsed smoking? The actions, while they may be not correct, do not have a saving or condemning ability; Salvation is through Christ alone. [Cross] [Prayer]

--------------------
A person talking can not be listening; A person not listening can not be learning.

Posts: 299 | From: Raleigh/North Carolina | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aaron
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by IItim467:
can someone who is a christian "be" a christian while they are addicted to drugs and still abuse substances?? >> if the died, would they go to heaven? [1zhelp]

One who has faith in Christ has eternal life and becomes a new creation. Also, they become one of God's children.

If a child is disobedient then they should expect their Father to correct them. Perhaps harshly.

Aaron

bygrace
unregistered

2 Peter 2:20-22

20.For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangles therin, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.

21.For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than , after they have known it , to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.

22.But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, THE DOG HAS TURNED TO HIS OWN VOMIT AGAIN; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

HisGrace
unregistered

Welcome to the Board MySavingGrace. Once we become born again we become accountable for our every action.

If someone continues with an addiction without doing anything about it, who knows who they are dragging down with them, or are hurting because of their destructive lifestyle.

Also, because they are now controlled by the Holy Spirit, they may bring grave consequences upon themselves to answer to God.

James 4:17 Remember, it is sin to know that you ought to do and then not do it.

MySavingGrace
Advanced Member
Member # 4697

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MySavingGrace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i dont think using drugs means you're not christian or believe in God any less. It just means you're in a struggle. We all do things that are wrong, nobody is perfect. christians make mistakes too.

i think in my opinion theyd still go to Heaven cause its not a suicide on purpose. They aren't doin it to die. I could be wrong but thats my opinion

--------------------
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/forum
Support the mother who lost her son protest the war
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/

here are my comments, I am UHaventDoneNothin
http://crawfordpeace.nfshost.com/node/121

Posts: 426 | From: United States | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At our Church in Houston, Teen Challenge came every year. This is a Christian organization that helps teens in trouble. They would give their testimony. The workers would help them as they got off drugs. A drug addict can be saved. It is best for he/she to get help with a Christian organization for help on getting off drugs. If you know someone who is addicted please encourage them to get help. A family member tried on his own. He would go to Church for awhile and serve God but the call of the drugs was so strong, he would abandan God for drugs. Sadly he died from aids, but did recieve Jesus as his Savior on his death bed. I have heard testimonies from those that God took the desire away instantly, but often it is a process that takes much prayer. I must share in the blame in that I did not insist that my husband's relative get help or at least try to get him help. Do not bring the person in your home. Drug addicts will rob you blind. I know we were robbed and everyone else in the family. But do try to find a group in your area for this person to get help. But, in answer to your question a Christian can be addicted to drugs.

betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

IItim467, Welcome. I have heard of born again Christians being addicted to cigarettes when they are first saved and then overcome their addiction later.

A few years ago I heard of one testimony where a new believer had substance abuse and they fell off the wagon a few times and then finally got rid of the bondage.

Will they go to heaven when they die? This is just my personal opinion, but I would say yes. Sin is sin. Does God consider their addictions any worse than pride or jealousy, especially if they are baby Christians. The more mature a Christian is, the more accountable they are if they err.

We are told that a believer has to work daily on an ongoing renewal of our spirit, and are perfected at the moment we die.

IItim467
First Post
Member # 4685

Icon 20 posted      Profile for IItim467     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
can someone who is a christian "be" a christian while they are addicted to drugs and still abuse substances?? >> if the died, would they go to heaven? [1zhelp]
Posts: 1 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement