Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » Refuges

Author Topic: Refuges
peh
Advanced Member
Member # 4446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for peh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone else been spoken to by the Lord about providing refuges, or as some might call it, "places of rest" for His people?

While I was still in California, the Lord began to speak to me about a Refuge for His people. He coupled this with a vision of the planet Earth being encircled by rapidly moving steel tracks that wound around it tighter and tighter until the middle was squeezed like a waist.

He led me to see that the devil, thru his abilities as the prince of this world system, has been for many years speeding things up, until many of God's own people are so busy they have no time for Him, or if they spend some time seeking Him, it is blighted by the "busyness" of the world.

I "saw", as if as an example, a large house with a four car garage, and mom and some kids in one SUV and dad in another speeding somewhere, to tennis lessons, piano lessons, soccer practice, after school events, appointments, and so on.

The implication was that the bills on the huge house, multiple cars, and lessons for the kiddies were so overwhelming the parents yielded to the "speed" of life as a way to avoid facing a collapse of life as known to them.

Also, that the very busyness was a snare to keep them from realizing they have no relationship with God, and no idea how that might happen, or so much as realize why they might need such a relationship.

He indicated the need for Refuge, that is, places where His people could spend time, and give to the Lord the attention He deserves and for our own well-being. This refuge idea is not that of a retreat or a campground, but a place where some might decide to live, while others come to stay variable lengths of time as they are able: a quiet place, a restful garden, and a place where help could be found in the seeking of God and a relationship with him from other Christians who have given the time and have the relationship.

The Refuge places would also be a safe place for those fleeing persecution, though I didn't see that part at the beginning of the speaking and impressions.

Since then, I have done what I can to set up such a place here in KY, buying land and having utilities put on it for use when it is needed by the people of God.

Not long after I first heard from the Lord on this subject, I began to hear of many others who have had the same kind of speaking, some have already been able to establish such places.

I read a book called "The Second Exodus" of Jews out of Russia and other lands in their coming back to Jerusalem. In the book, which I read after the Lord had already been speaking to me about the Refuges for some time, it is mentioned on several occasions about people being warned ahead of time to get places ready for visitors and their buying of lands and buildings to provide shelter. In many cases, the lands and buildings were in use shortly after the Lord's speaking came to the providers.

I feel as if there is something else I should be doing now, as the land is just basically sitting there. In fact, I have it up for sale, as it may not have been the right location. There is another person's land between the acreage I have and the road and to enter mine, you have to pass right by their house. I may be able to buy their land, which would increase the size of the land available and give better access. Or if I get the price I'm asking, I will be able to buy a larger parcel. I'm open to the Lord for whatever He wishes to do with the land, and with me, in accordance with His desire for the Refuge.

I'm very interested to know if anyone else has heard similar things from the Lord. I have already met one here in KY who has a similar vision and have recently heard of another who was to look at the acreage I have and was looking for land to do exactly the same thing.

--------------------
St. Peh
I don't know everything but I know the One Who does.

Posts: 255 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement