Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » What ways do you use to bring yourself closer to God?

Author Topic: What ways do you use to bring yourself closer to God?
lonlesol
Advanced Member
Member # 4511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lonlesol   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read the Scriptures every day, I do my Bible study one book at a time on a board I usually go to...

I read inspirational stories that I find on the internet and post them on the board I spend most of my time on. I love sharing them with others.
I wish I could write some myself but I am not very good with my writing...

I listen to Christian songs a lot, and post the lyrics of those songs on that same board...

I make inspirational images with quotes of the Bible, inspirational messages or lyrics of Christian songs...

I pray for others...

I go to church every Sunday...

In fact, I do everything I can think of to keep my heart and soul focused on the Lord... [Smile]

But before a year ago, I did nothing of those things...
God was not one of my priorities.
In fact, I wanted nothing to do with God before...
but people change...
I changed...
I know better now... [Prayer]

Praise God!... [Bible] [Cross]

Posts: 478 | From: Quebec | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cheech
Advanced Member
Member # 4592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cheech     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
"God seems faraway, who moved?"
[Big Grin] That same analogy was used in the lesson I taught on Saturday in our recovery program!

I know when I'm moving further away...I feel like crud! I become lazy in my bible reading. Sooooo...to get closer to God again I pray for him to draw me back and then begin reading my bible and something spiritual. I'll tell ya...once we start slipping away...it can be darn hard to get yourself back into the routine again. I have really been enjoying reading the bible. I NEVER thought that would happen to me but it has and I'm soaking it up!

--------------------
My God Is My Faith

Posts: 35 | From: KS | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 17 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A Church down the road has a sign that says:

"God seems faraway, who moved?"

It got me thinking, that we all at times have felt that God is faraway from us. I am interesting in hearing what others do when they get to that place in their spiritual life. How do you bridge the gap between you and God?
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement