Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » Question

Author Topic: Question
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Linda,

they say great minds think alike. [Big Grin]

hugs and prayers,
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen to you too Betty, we were posting at the same time. [hug]
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen GrandmaJo! God knows the heart and God judges the heart. And we can be sure that Jesus is waiting to welcome a born again beliver home whether they go because they were called home or whether they go because they were decieved into despair. God will not let the devil have even one of HIS children! They are HIS!
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gramajo320

I agree with you. My sister who was mentally ill yet a Christian took her on life. She fought hard for many years but lost the battle. Yes, God could have healed her here but after so many years of battle her faith was weak. But with out a doubt I know she is in Heaven and well and happy.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
Advanced Member
Member # 4667

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gramajo320   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe that born again believers do go to heaven even though they committed suicide. There are different reasons that people are driven to suicide such as terminal illness, depression, feeling hopeless when they're so ill whether it be physical or mental illness. My best friend committed suicide and she did so due to a terminal illness. She was a born again believer.

--------------------
Gramajo320

Posts: 2385 | From: WA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THERE IS ONLY ONE REASON WHY PEOPLE GO TO HELL!

AND THE ANSWER IS: 2 THESS. 1:8-9

You see we are all sinners, just because one kills himself is no different than the one who commits adultery, or when you lie and do not do the truth. SIN is SIN. FOR ALL HAVE SINNED, THERE S NONE RIGHTEOUS NO NOT ONE. Jesus came to give us life more abundantly. WE GO TO HELL because we fail to accept the free gift of salvation.

Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shofar
Advanced Member
Member # 4788

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shofar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tried to commit suicide and I know that at the time I was a born again believer in Christ Jesus. I had a very real and personal relationship with Jesus Christ, My Lord and Savior.

--------------------
Shofar

Posts: 24 | From: New Mexico | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peh
Advanced Member
Member # 4446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for peh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Laurie, life is breathed into us by the Spirit of God, right? Therefore it is not ours to "take".

I don't know about going to hell if one commits suicide, but I think anyone who does will have a very big question from God to answer when they stand before Him.

" I would not want a persons blood on my hands for saying that suicide is an option"

Thank you for that statement, BecauseHelives, its my thinking also.

--------------------
St. Peh
I don't know everything but I know the One Who does.

Posts: 255 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaurieFL
Advanced Member
Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaurieFL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last year,m even after giving my life to Christ, I suffered at times depression so severe that all I wanted to do was to die. I didn't see much point in this life and I just wanted to go home to my Father. Obviously, I never committed the act, but I have to wonder if someone just wants to go home to be with their King - would He deny them access to Him? I certainly don't know the answer, but I also don't believe I would have gone to hell last year if I committed suicide. I was living my life for Christ but suffered from severe, but thankfully brief, bouts of depression.

I also agree with Linda, that I know of many cases where people attempted suicide and God did not allow them to die, despite things like shooting themselves in the head.....so if God isn't ready for you to leave, He will not allow it.

God knows the intent of a person's heart and I believe that is what He judges.

Posts: 700 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr Ron
Advanced Member
Member # 4498

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr Ron   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Homeschooler,

I don't think you find that in scripture.

Here is the Meriam-Webster definition-

suicide

1 a : the act or an instance of taking one's own life voluntarily and intentionally especially by a person of years of discretion and of sound mind b : ruin of one's own interests

Jesus did not commit suicide. He was killed.
True, He knew what was going to happen and I guess He could have gotten out of town, but He still was killed.

Eve did not commit suicide. You just made that up!

Take care,
Ronnie G

Posts: 102 | From: South Carolina | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the above post I was using "Rapture Ready's" web site because i agreed with his point of view on suicide.

I do not agree with his view on Once saved Always saved. (just to clairify)

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will let Yahweh be the Judge!

To say for sure, you know where anyone will spend eternity makes you their judge.

To give up on Yahweh, to the point of despair of taking ones own life. Is to say your problem is bigger than Yahweh. I would not want a persons blood on my hands for saying that suicide is an option!

http://www.raptureready.com/faq/faq315.html

If a Christian commits suicide, will he or she still go to Heaven?

Most Christians believe that once you are saved from your sins through Jesus Christ then you are saved. Period. (Actually, I am one of those who does believe that). I also have to wonder why God allowed certain Scriptures into the Bible that put the "What if?" questions in our minds. For example, Revelation 3:16 states: "Because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of my mouth." This verse puts the question in our minds: Is eternal security, eternally secure- no matter what? Or are we risking our very salvation if we die while living in sin, or if we just never totally live for Jesus? Also, in the Book of Romans, Paul writes some pretty heavy-duty stuff about not living your life for Jesus (remember- he wrote this book to a church, not to unbelievers).

So the long and short of it is as I told my daughter: While most people believe that once you are saved, even if you commit suicide, you will go to Heaven; I believe that there are enough verses in the Bible to also raise the "what if ?" questions. I certainly wouldn't want to take that chance- no matter what!!

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

quote:
Suicide is the act of taking one's own life intentionally.
If that were true then Jesus committed Suicide, because he said no one took his life from him, he laid it down.

Jesus did not committ suicide and your definition above is not a good definition of suicide.

Does God desire us to take our own lives?

No, that is his alone to say when life passes from the earth. So who desires suicide?

All things that are not of God are of the enemy.

Sucide is the taking of ones own life because one believes that there is no hope; no other way out of their delima. Suicide is taking of one's life because they are deceived.

Now the Bible says JESUS is Our Hope; and the Bible says that God does not allow us to be tempted past what we can bear that he doesnot give us a way to escape.

So, then a person who believes that there is no other way... is DECEIEVED... and being DECEIVED, they take their life.

Now who deceived them? God? That would be blasphemy. The enemy, the old serpent did deceive them.

Do you need the scriptures? If so I will have to get them when I get back right now I am headed out the door.

Mr Ron
Advanced Member
Member # 4498

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr Ron   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Homeschooler,

Are we ever going to be able to teach each other anything?

From your post-

'Eve committed Suicide; she was beguilded by the enemy and she took her life by eating that forbidden fruit;

Can YOU show ME that in scripture???
And to think you are the one who critisized me for not getting the story EXACT!

Suicide is the act of taking one's own life intentionally. Eve didn't do that. She was just curious. True, she really screwed things up, but I don't see where she comitted suicide!

I think Jesus knows that people have limits, and get very weak sometimes. I for one am in almost constant physical pain and it is so bad sometimes I don't think right. (Can't really blame the pain for that, though. Didn't think all that great before!)
There have been times in my own life that I was ready to get out of here and the thought of suicide was probably near. I just wonder if death process hurts.

Anyway, IMO no one here can really say who will and who will not be accepted into God's kingdom.
Why? Because we are not the one's with the authority to decide!

Only Jesus knows our true heart. He is the one who will judge. With Him being the judge, He can let anybody He chooses into heaven. He can also reject those He does not want.

So tell me now, who KNOWS they are going to heaven?

Ronnie G

your post-
'

Posts: 102 | From: South Carolina | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
din_na2004
Advanced Member
Member # 4494

Icon 1 posted      Profile for din_na2004   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greetings all,

I have no doubt that all Christians who commit suicide are allowed into GOD’s Kingdom. GOD’s laws are black and white. There is no gray area in GOD’s Kingdom. It’s either right or wrong, saved or not saved.

My uncle was diagnosed with Lou Gehrig’s disease in 1987, with in 3 years he lost use of every muscle in his body and was bed ridden. His mind was fine but the only way to communicate was through blinking his eyes and choosing the letters on a special alphabet pad. It was a very difficult time for my family but thinking back to that time it was actually a blessing that he received that disease. Before he was affected by LGD he was not a Christian, he never smiled and was not really a pleasant person to be around. In the last 2 years of his life he found salvation and always had a smile on his face, you could see the peace that he found. If it weren’t for LGD he would have never found salvation, so in a sense it was a blessing.

The doctors told us that if he remained on life support, he might live for a while longer. My uncle did not want to pull the life support but found out that the family was having a lot of financial difficulties paying for the hospital bills. Even thou the family objected, he instructed the doctors to cut off the life support. He stated that he didn’t want to place such financial hardship on the family, because he was of sound mind and the doctors confirmed that his mind was completely fine, his life support was shut off. Basically he committed suicide because he thought it would be best for the family. I know without a doubt that my uncle is with our Father, he wanted to die so it would be easier on the family. Suicide is suicide, regardless of the reason behind it, whether you give your life to save another, mental illness or falling into temptation. Being saved is the same thing. You are either saved or not, with your salvation Christ stands before you to be judged by our Father not our sinful selves.

Rest assured all my brothers and sisters through Christ our Savior, those Christians that have passed due to suicide is with the Father and we will see them again.

GOD bless

--------------------
Galatians 2:10 All they asked was that we should continue to remember the poor, the very thing I was eager to do.

Join us to expand the fathers kingdom.
www.kingdomofhopeandlight.com/chestnut

Posts: 29 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itty-Bitty Girl
Advanced Member
Member # 4579

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Itty-Bitty Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
David:

I like your post...It sure is nice and thorough.

God sure is gooooooooooooood! [spiny]

[dance] [dance] [dance]

[dance] [dance] [dance] [dance]

And I like these lil stick-dancy thangs...

Posts: 1051 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Eve committed Suicide; she was beguilded by the enemy and she took her life by eating that forbidden fruit; but Eve was covered by God with skins from the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. So am I.

For those who are born again, we are new creatures and having died with Christ, we cannot die again. We are appointed to die once and I died with christ and I no longer live, but he lives in me. We pass from the death of this body to life eternal with God.

Those who are born again do not sin, cannot sin, because they are born of God. When they do what they would not, it is no longer they that sin, but sin that dwells in their flesh. They have an advocate with God for that sin, and their soul is not judged by the deeds of sin that lives in their flesh, sin was judged and condemned in the flesh by Christ. We are not righteous or unrighteous by the sin in our flesh that is condemed. We are righteous BY Christ, who is our righteousness.

The enemy can deceive us; the enemy can bind us, the enemy can kill steal and destroy us in this life, but the enemy has no authority over anything that is not confined to this world; we are not our flesh. We are in the world, but not of it. This body of flesh is of the world and it will die or it will be changed, but it will not enter heaven. My soul and my Spirit are the property of almighty God and I have been translated into HIS Holy Kingdom and am already a citizen of heaven and I am seated now with christ in heaven at the right hand of the Father. I am a part in the Body of Christ and Christ has already defeated Satan.

KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a very good question. I had it answered for me at a friends funeral that had committed suicide. I do not believe suicide is the unforgivable sin. If one is truly born-again and he is saved. Christians are not immune to suicidal thoughts or attempts. Unresolved or unconfessed sin, or a crisis situation such as deep disappointment, the death of a loved one, a divorce, loss of employment, loss of health, a nervous breakdown, etc., can precipitate depression server enough to lead to such an attempt.

I don't think one should ever take his own life and risk this answer being wrong, but I know that if one does take his life and is truly born-again they will have miss out on the plan God had for their life. As we are here on this earth a very short time any way compared to eternity. We are here to tell others of the good news of Jesus Christ and to get to know Him. We were created to serve Him and praise Him and if we are to remain here, then that is what we should do.

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!

Matthew 11:28 "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

1 Peter 5:7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

Philippians 4:6-7 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Do all those who kill themselves go to Hell?

Some people believe that all who commit suicide go immediately to Hell. However, the Bible never says if this is the case. The Bible is silent on this issue. God probably did not address it in black in white for a good reason. If we knew that we would still go to Heaven if we killed ourselves, there would probably be a lot more suicides taking place than there already are. However, if we knew that all who killed themselves were automatically banished to Hell, no matter what their situation, it may be too much for the grief-stricken family and friends to bear. Murder and suicide are not unpardonable sins. The only unforgivable sins are rejecting Christ (Mark 16:16) and blaspheming the Holy Spirit.

(Mark 3:28-29 KJV) Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme: But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation:

All other sins can be forgiven. However, anyone contemplating suicide may be in danger of going to Hell, as their relationship with the Lord is not intact at that point. Those who would consider suicide may have a severed relationship with Christ and therefore they would enter the real Hell--which is worse than the hellish feelings they are experiencing at the moment.

It is so important to remember that God judges each of us individually, weighing all the factors of our lives, our beliefs and our motives. Each one of us is so intricate and complex, only God could really judge us in total truth, wisdom, and without favoritism. The most important truth of all, is that each one of us will stand before His throne and give account of our lives. If we lived intimately with this sobering truth, much of the sin in the church and the world, would immediately be stopped.

If you are contemplating suicide and are relying on God's grace to get you to heaven, PLEASE stop for a moment....God's grace never means that we have a free license to sin! Those who willfully sin after knowing God's grace, are in far greater danger than those who know less. Though you may feel that God is far from you right now, He is much nearer than you think. He may even be speaking to you through these words! Please open your ears and hear Him tell you how valuable your life is. You are needed on this earth and the purpose for your life has not yet been fulfilled. God loves you, and so do many people around you! God would not be God if He could not work this situation (no matter how unbearable it may seem) for His glory and for the good in your own life.

Depression is often anger, and a host of other emotions that have turned inward and become frozen. If you are carrying anger, resentment, bitterness, unforgiveness, frustration, jealousy, despair, worthlessness, hopelessness, fearfulness, vengeance and/or self-pity in your heart, you can turn these things over to God and begin to receive your healing right now, in faith. If you don't know how to let them go, confess it to God and ask for His help in releasing it to Him. No one can overcome these things by themselves. We all need the power of God to set us free from sinful and hopeless ways of thinking. That is why the Bible tells us that we must be "transformed, by the renewing of our mind (Romans 12:2)." The Holy Spirit is the only One who can help us break free and be healed of these deadly emotions.

Just as ailments in our physical body need to be treated with medicine to be healed, the same is true of our emotions. One powerful way to fight against depression, is to apply and confess God's Word as a healing balm to the places where you have been wounded. For instance, if you have unforgiveness in your heart, begin to confess God's verses for love and forgiveness, even if they don't exactly feel true right at the moment. If you feel worthless, confess the Scriptures of God's great love for you. A rote, mechanical repeating of words may not do much, but if you deliberately take these living words and hold on to them for dear life, you will have the enemy on the run. The devil simply cannot stand against the Word of God spoken in faith. God's Words are like spiritual antibiotics, destroying every germ and unclean thing in their path.

In closing, we would like to pray with you here. We have written a prayer below, and we encourage you to not only read it, but to say it out loud!

Prayer to God

"Father, in the name of Jesus, I come before You, confessing my need for You, and crying out to you from the bottom of my heart. Lord, You've said that you are near to those whose hearts are breaking and that you give grace to the humble. I humble myself before you now...I cast down any pride or self-justification that I would hide behind, and I present myself to you as I truly am--weak and helpless and despairing of my very life. I know there is no other Rock but You, and I turn to You with all of my heart. Father, please forgive my sin! I open myself up to receive Your cleansing, Your healing, Your forgiveness, and Your faith, hope and love into my being. I receive your love as a river, washing over the dry wasteland of my emotions. I see that in Your river there is life, and that every place your river touches in me is revived. I cast all my cares, my sorrows, my disappointments into that river and I let the current of Your spirit carry them far away. I believe You, when You say that You think good thoughts about me, and that Your plans are to give me a future and a hope. I believe You when You say that You knew who I was even before my mother conceived me--and that You wanted me to be alive on the earth right now. Thank you for giving me life! Thank you for working all things in my life for good! Thank you that I can call on your Name and You will be near me. Thank you for bearing all my weaknesses and diseases on the cross, and healing me, spirit, soul and body."

Command Against Satan

"Satan, I close every door that I have opened to you and I renounce every activity I have partaken with you. In Jesus name, I submit myself to God. I resist you and command you to flee from me, as it is written in James 4:7! I remind you that you are defeated by the power of the cross--and with the authority given to me by Jesus Christ I command you and force you to leave me right now!"

Prayer To God

"Father, I receive Your breath of Life into my mortal body now. I lift up my hands to You, to receive it; I fix my hopes on it and turn my life completely over to You. From this day forth I pray that you will give me the grace and wisdom to guard my heart diligently, to obey You and to resist every scheme of the enemy. I commit all I am to You and I have full faith that You are able to do exceedingly, abundantly above all I could ever ask or think. Lord, send me the help I need now. Show me the way.

I thank you for the love that you have lavished upon me and I pray that for the rest of my life, I will show that same love, mercy and forgiveness to all those around me. Amen!"

I hope this helps. Please email anytime if I can help in anyway. God bless you.

Believing in Him,
David Campbell

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gramajo320
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Favorminded is most assuredly led by the Holy Spirit in all that he does and in all that he says and in all of the work he does for the Lord! God blesses him very much!

In Christ's love,
Gramajo320

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itty-Bitty Girl
Advanced Member
Member # 4579

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Itty-Bitty Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Favor Minded said:
quote:
Proverbs 16:20
Whoever gives heed to instruction prospers, and blessed is he who trusts in the LORD

I cannot trust anyone but God…I test everything.

Favor Minded said:
quote:
Proverbs 19:20
Listen to advice and accept instruction, and in the end you will be wise.

I accept instruction from the Lord…

Favor Minded said:
quote:
1 Thessalonians 4:8
Therefore, he who rejects this instruction does not reject man but God, who gives you his Holy Spirit.

And what instruction might that be?

Favor Minded said:
quote:
Mark 3:28
I tell you the truth, all the sins and blasphemies of men will be forgiven them.

I know that God will forgive all your sins, if you are a Christian. The keyword is “Christian,” and someone who commits suicide is not a Christian. When you dedicate your life to the Lord, you are to deny yourself and live for Him, but suicide is for yourself and not the Lord. Don't you remember when I wrote:

The STRAIT GATE and NARROW...WAY is a total commitment to Jesus Christ. It isn't just saying, "Lord, Lord." It isn't just saying you have accepted Jesus as your Savior. Many name the name of Jesus, but they perish. The STRAIT GATE and NARROW...WAY is: BE YE DOERS OF THE WORD, AND NOT HEARERS ONLY, DECEIVING YOUR OWN SELVES-Ja 1:22. As Jesus tells us, AND WHY CALL YE ME, LORD, LORD, AND DO NOT THE THINGS WHICH I SAY?-Lk 6:46. It is doing THE WILL OF MY FATHER WHICH IS IN HEAVEN-Mt 7:21.

Favor Minded said:
quote:
Bible Suicides...

SAMSON — JUDGES 16:28-31

Samson was dedicated to God from his birth. He became a judge and lived in the power of God for a short while. He was known for his daring feats of strength. After he had broken his vows he lost his power, his sight, and his liberty. He was made a slave. While on display one day in a temple to an idol, he prayed and God gave him strength to pull down the support columns of the temple. This caused the death of many of the leading Philistines but it also caused his own death.

Notice that in the act of taking his own life he was trying to rectify the past. He considered it an act of atonement. He was doing penance. It was all he knew to do about the guilt he lived under. He had disappointed his parents (who had dedicated him to God). He had betrayed his God and broken all his vows. He was totally defeated, thoroughly frustrated and depressed. It just seemed the best thing to do for all concerned under the circumstances

But Samson was not a Christian…Next.

Favor Minded said:
quote:
SAUL - 1 SAMUEL 31:1-6

Saul was the first king of Israel. He was head and shoulders above all the others. He was a man of prominence. He made a good beginning as king. The people were all delighted. Yet, he soon forgot God. He only half-heartedly obeyed God. He intruded into the office of the priest. Finally he was rejected by God. Frustrated by his declining power and the rise of David, he visited the forbidden witch of Endor.

Then comes the fatal battle with the Philistines. He is mortally wounded by an arrow from the enemy. Seeing that death will be slow in coming and that the Philistines might capture him while he still had some life and torture him, he commands his armour-bearer to finish him off with a sword. The armour-bearer refuses. Whereupon Saul falls upon his own sword. Now it is true that the Amalekite told David that he found Saul barely alive and upon Saul’s request finished him off. But, personally I believe that he was lying and that what Samuel said in I Samuel 31:6 is the complete and final story of Saul’s death.

He felt rejected. He was frustrated over David’s steady rise and his own steady decline. He was depressed. He was defeated. He had to choose his own manner of death. What remained of life would not be worth living. He was just speeding up a certain and painful matter.

But Saul was not a Christian…Next.

Favor Minded said:
quote:
SAUL’S ARMOURBEARER -1 SAMUEL 31:1-6

He refused Saul’s order to kill him. He was the enemy (death) approaching. He saw Saul kill himself. He knew that he would not be spared neither torturing or death. He fell upon his own sword.

He was frustrated. The king said "Kill me." The Lord said "thou shalt not kill". He could not obey the king and the Lord both. He was shocked over losing his king and the battle both. He was depressed. Since death was certain and imminent, he simply chose his own form of death.

But Saul’s armourbearer was not a Christian…Next.

Favor Minded said:
quote:
There are more but these are a few –
Show me more…but make them Christians this time.

Favor Minded said:
quote:
Tell me Itty Bitty -

Are you just REAL SURE that what you speak about this subject is Holy Spirit Inspired?

Oh, yeah…

Favor Minded said:
quote:
I know what I have is...
Are you REAL SURE about that, Favor Minded?
Posts: 1051 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
din_na2004
Advanced Member
Member # 4494

Icon 1 posted      Profile for din_na2004   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Favor Minded,

Just wanted to add concerning Saul,

"1 Samuel 28:19 The LORD will hand over both Israel and you to the Philistines, and tomorrow you and your sons will be with me."

My best guess from that verse is Samuel is in Heaven, therefore if Saul is going to be with him "tomorrow" I think it's safe to assume that Saul will also be in heaven even thou he takes his own life.

--------------------
Galatians 2:10 All they asked was that we should continue to remember the poor, the very thing I was eager to do.

Join us to expand the fathers kingdom.
www.kingdomofhopeandlight.com/chestnut

Posts: 29 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

"I know now that I cannot trust anyone but God"

if this is a swipe at me, I am sorry that you feel that way. I tried to be as gentle with you as I could. I am sorry if I offended you. But you must know that it is not how we die that determines our fate but whether we were saved or not. Christians can commit suicide. It is sad but it happens. The worst thing we can do to the family of a suicide victim is to tear their faith apart. Christians can suffer from mental illness and Christians do get brain tumors. I have had both in my family.
betty

--------------------

Itty-Bitty Girl
Advanced Member
Member # 4579

Hey, TEXASGRANDMA…

Um, I know that I don't know what's in one’s heart, even if it may seem as if I think I do at times.

I know now that I cannot trust anyone but God. I believe God’s Word, even though He doesn’t tell me what I want to hear at times…God never lies, His words are flawless. I like it alot when He opens my eyes.

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

My sister was a Christian and she did commit suicide. I read her suicide note about how much she loved Jesus with all her heart. She had been fighting mental illness for many many years. She was not responsible for her action. I also know of a Pastor who preached for 30 plus years but because a brain tumor messed up his thinking ability, he committed suicide. I believe and have been told by several preachers that they too believe that this two are in Heaven.

Itty bitty, I have taken up for you in the past and I still like you but you need to realize that only God knows what is in the heart and mind of a person who takes their life. God has given me and my family peace that my sister is in Heaven, no on on earth can take that peace away from me.
God bless you,
betty

You are young and you have a lot of growing to do spiritually. I was young once and implusive. That is why I am trying to be very gently with you. But, I hope for your sake that no one in your family is ever effected by mental illness.

--------------------

Itty-Bitty Girl
Advanced Member
Member # 4579

Would someone truly born again commit suicide?

...I don't really think so.

I'll admit that only through Jesus Christ can a person be saved.

But it is also written, Mt 7:13-ENTER YE IN AT THE STRAIT GATE: FOR WIDE IS THE GATE, AND BROAD IS THE WAY, THAT LEADETH TO DESTRUCTION, AND MANY THERE BE WHICH GO IN THEREAT.
You can only enter heaven through the "strait gate," BECAUSE STRAIT IS THE GATE, AND NARROW IS THE WAY, WHICH LEADETH UNTO LIFE, AND FEW THERE BE THAT FIND IT.

The STRAIT GATE and NARROW...WAY is a total commitment to Jesus Christ. It's not just saying, "Lord, Lord." It's not just saying you have accepted Jesus as your Savior. Many name the name of Jesus, but they perish. The STRAIT GATE and NARROW...WAY is: BE YE DOERS OF THE WORD, AND NOT HEARERS ONLY, DECEIVING YOUR OWN SELVES-Ja 1:22. As Jesus tells us, AND WHY CALL YE ME, LORD, LORD, AND DO NOT THE THINGS WHICH I SAY?-Lk 6:46. It is doing THE WILL OF MY FATHER WHICH IS IN HEAVEN-Mt 7:21.

Well...somebody had to say it.

Gramajo320
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Helpforhomeschoolers said in her posting the born again believers go to heaven and also said the key is born again. We all know that to be the truth.

In Christ's love,
Gramajo320

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Linda is right when a Christian commits suicide they go to Heaven. There are many reasons a Christian commits suicide, mental illness and physical illness can both take away a persons ability to reason. I think suicide is the most selfish act that a person can commit. My sister did this and I can tell you how this torn my family apart. But, I know my sister was a Christian and is in Heaven.
betty

--------------------

cheech
Advanced Member
Member # 4592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cheech     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm glad you asked this question. A school friend of my 15 year old daughter just committed suicide yesterday. They were told today and the kids took it pretty hard. Some of them, including my daughter, came home early from school because they found it hard to deal with [Frown] His fater is a Pastor at one of the local churches. My husband had a talk with her about a school friend of ours that committed suicide several years ago.

I've often wondered in which direction suicides went. They have a hard enough time on earth, I would hate the thought of them getting refused and eternity with God, but to be honest I'm just not sure and can only pray for God to have mercy on their troubled souls.

cheech

--------------------
My God Is My Faith

Posts: 35 | From: KS | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

People who are not born again through faithful belief in and of Jesus, who is the son of the living God who died for to pay the wage of our sins and Is risen that we may also rise and have everlasting life are the people who go to hell.

If a person who is born again falls to temptation or is deceived or troubled and takes his life, for what ever reason sins by taking his own life, he loses his flesh which is headed to death anyway. Jesus is the advocate for that person's final sin... the sin of taking his own life.

1 John 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

The key is born again; only the born again escape hell.

Crusader
Community Member
Member # 4035

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crusader     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do all sucides go to hell?

--------------------
Lord Jesus, I know that I am a sinner, and unless you save me I am lost forever. I thank you for dying for me at Calvary. I come to you now, Lord the best way I know how, and ask you to save me. I now receive you as my Savior. In Jesus Christ Name, Amen.

Posts: 19 | From: Tallahassee | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement