Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » Do we become as angels?

Author Topic: Do we become as angels?
Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miguel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Think on this verse, see how powerfull this word from God are.

Heb 2:7 You have made him a little lower than the angels. You crowned him (man) with glory and honor and set him (man) over the works of Your hands.

--------------------
Romans 9:11-24

Our Eschatology may vary even our Ecclesiology may be disputed among us but our Soteriology most assume a singularity and exclusivity which in biblical term is known as Quote; "The Narrow Way" and Quote!

Posts: 2792 | From: Stockton,Ca | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miguel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In a way for we will praise His as the angels do,
Psa 148:2 Praise ye him, all his angels: praise ye him, all his hosts.
Col 1:16 For all things were created in Him, the things in the heavens, and the things on the earth, the visible and the invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers, all things were created through Him and for Him.

They where created and so do we.
Job 38:7 when the morning stars sang together and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

Body is presented even do God is a Spirit.
Gen 18:2 And he lifted up his eyes and looked, and lo, three men stood by him. And when he saw them, he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed toward the ground. Even do we read that some of the angels have wings I no evidence that we will for we are made in the image of God and does not have wings like many Christian believed.

--------------------
Romans 9:11-24

Our Eschatology may vary even our Ecclesiology may be disputed among us but our Soteriology most assume a singularity and exclusivity which in biblical term is known as Quote; "The Narrow Way" and Quote!

Posts: 2792 | From: Stockton,Ca | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bat Elohim
Advanced Member
Member # 3739

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bat Elohim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i think that we do become LIKE angels... in the sense that we won't need food or drink... we will be holy and sinless... we will be in the presence of Yahweh Elohim.

--------------------
Numbers 6:24 May ADONAI bless you and keep you. 25 May ADONAI make his face shine on you and show you his favor. 26 May ADONAI lift up his face toward you and give you peace.

Posts: 704 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
redkermit
Advanced Member
Member # 4059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for redkermit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by redkermit:
Does anyone believe that we become angels after we die?

Sorry, but I didn't really mean do we actually become angels, I meant do we become "like" angels.

--------------------
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked. (Ps. 84:10b)

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

Listen Online:
www.wmuz.com
www.997flr.org

Posts: 604 | From: Michigan | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bat Elohim
Advanced Member
Member # 3739

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bat Elohim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Ron:
I'm looking for a new web server that is affordable and that I can understand, to re-establish the site.(suggestions)

i use godaddy.com

it's only like $10 a year for them to host the domain and only $4 a month to host the web part where you publish to it... i publish using front page. It's very easy to use and the couple of times i've needed customer support they have been very helpful... but don't do the big packages, where you pay for a whole year in advance, cause if you mess something up, you loose your money.

pm me if you want more info.

--------------------
Numbers 6:24 May ADONAI bless you and keep you. 25 May ADONAI make his face shine on you and show you his favor. 26 May ADONAI lift up his face toward you and give you peace.

Posts: 704 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
redkermit
Advanced Member
Member # 4059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for redkermit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Ron:
They are always male in gender.

Thanks for your reply, but as far as the gender thing goes, what do you think of this?

http://www.gotquestions.org/angels-male-female.html

Question: “Are angels male or female?"

Answer: I do not think the Bible necessarily supports the gender of angels being male or female. Whenever gender is “assigned” to an angel in Scripture, it is male (Gen 19:10,12; Rev 7:2; 8:3; 10:7). This does not indicate that angels are male though. Matthew 22:30 is probably indicating that angels are “sexless”. If angels do not procreate, why would they need a gender? In a similar manner, God always refers to Himself in masculine language. God is neither male or female, however. He just uses masculine language because it more adequately describes who He is and what He does. If angels do have a gender, Scripture would indicate that they are predominately or universally male. I think it is more likely that angels are genderless, just as God is, and that masculine language is just used to describe them and their role in serving God.

--------------------
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked. (Ps. 84:10b)

Listen Online:
www.wmuz.com
www.997flr.org

Posts: 604 | From: Michigan | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr Ron
Advanced Member
Member # 4498

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr Ron   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear RedKermit,

from your post-

'Does anyone believe that we become angels after we die? '

I don't know what everybody believes, and cannot answer for them, but-

'No. Angels are God's property. They are His messengers and servants and warriors.'

They are always male in gender.
They are very powerful and frightening.
Whenever a human saw an angel in the bible accounts, they were always very frightened.

I will get back to this later, as I got stuff to do right now. I had a website for years with a company called 'Crosswinds'that addressed this and other topics, but alas a week ago, Crosswinds crashed and all of the files with it.
I was (am) very disappointed that they also lost the backups.
I'm looking for a new web server that is affordable and that I can understand, to re-establish the site.(suggestions)

But no, we do not become angels.

Have a great day,

Ronnie G

Posts: 102 | From: South Carolina | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While it is lovely to think that our loved ones are angels watching over us every day, I don't think so.
In one way we will be like angels in that we won't be given in marraige, but that is all. I am sure our loved ones talk to God about us, but I don't believe that they see us. It would be hard on them seeing us suffer down here and watching us make bad choices.
Does it hurt for those grieving to comfort themselves by saying my little baby is an angel in heaven. No. But the truth is the baby is in Heaven and they are with God and all is well for them.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
redkermit
Advanced Member
Member # 4059

Icon 17 posted      Profile for redkermit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone believe that we become angels after we die? I always hear people (including Christians), say that when a loved one dies, they are now "my gaurdian angel", or they are now "watching over me"? Do you believe we will be able to "watch over" our loved ones when we die?

--------------------

Listen Online:
www.wmuz.com
www.997flr.org

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement