Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » The Passover - Why Not?

Author Topic: The Passover - Why Not?
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it is important to understand what the Passover feast is to the Hebrew people. It should be studied and we should praise God for the blood of Christ that causes the angel of Death to passover us. Indeed He is our passover Lamb.

But Jesus has instructed us what to do in remembrance of HIM:

Luke 22:19 And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.

1 Corinthians 11:24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.

1 Corinthians 11:25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.

In the testament of our New Covenant, Paul tells us to keep the feast... this is the feast of unleavened bread that comes the week of Passover....

1 Corinthians 5:7 ¶ Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:

8 Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaurieFL
Advanced Member
Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaurieFL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't celebrate Passover officially, but I sure am overwhelmed at the significance of the fact that Jesus died during passover to dignify that he was the ultimate and final sacrificial lamb.
Posts: 700 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bat Elohim
Advanced Member
Member # 3739

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bat Elohim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well... i'm about to race home and prepare my passover meal. I'm looking forward to it. My son and I enjoy making the unleavened bread together and he knows the story inside and out and tells me all about it while we are cooking.

After the meal is over we will celebrate communion together as well... just as Yah'shua did! Only we will drink red grape juice, as I don't drink wine.

Blessings and Shalom!

--------------------
Numbers 6:24 May ADONAI bless you and keep you. 25 May ADONAI make his face shine on you and show you his favor. 26 May ADONAI lift up his face toward you and give you peace.

Posts: 704 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Passover is a holiday that commemorates the time in history when the blood of lambs was sprinkled on the doors to save the first-born baby boys in each Jewish household. Ultimately, this event led to the Jewish people being freed from slavery in Egypt.

-Our own sacrificial Lamb died on the cross and shed his blood for of all of mankind to deliver us from the bondage of sin. I must dwell on His deliverance through grace and mercy for us.

God gave the Israelites a covenant of a promised land.

- We have a covenant with Jesus to be certain of a dwelling in our own promised land - a new covenant which is sealed forever.

A special meal is prepared during the Passover.

-Jesus observed the Passover likewise, but by his death he left us the Lord's Supper to celebrate with Holy Communion in honour of his broken body and his shed blood.

I don't have to celebrate the Passover of old. The scriptures instruct me to dwell on the new redemptive covenant of the sacrificial Lamb on the Cross.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement