Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » Why Not?

Author Topic: Why Not?
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Ones in Christ;

The Lord has answered so many of my prayers, and I have been so very blessed in my life. The greatest blessing that God has bestowed upon me is seeing my dear ones receive Christ into their precious hearts and lives.In the words and sentiments of our Brother Paul:

Phil. 4:
11: Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.
12: I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.
13: I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

1 Tim. 6:
6: But godliness with contentment is great gain.
7: For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.
8: And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.
9: But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition.
10: For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
11: But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.
12: Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.

Heb. 13:

5: Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.
6: So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.

God bless you dear ones in Christ Jesus our Lord.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was Awsome Sister Laurie! AMEN! [clap2]

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaurieFL
Advanced Member
Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaurieFL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's the thing, we do have victory in Christ; ultimate, everlasting, eternal victory. In my experience though, that victory isn't always what the world might think of as victorious. I have a friend who is going through a struggle with cancer yet again in his short life. I believe the Lord can heal him instantly if He so chose, but in my heart I do not believe it will be so, although I still pray for it daily. I believe that even in the face of a fatal illness, we who have Christ can show the world a victorious spirit, because through His sacrifice, the grave holds no power over us anymore, and we can "suffer" with grace and peace and JOY and show the world that we are different, because He lives!

I see Joni Ericson, and how she remains paralyzed, but is leading people to Christ through her work, which is as a result of her having found peace and strength in her Savior.

I see Corrie Ten Boom, and how her entire Christian family was murdered and how she suffered horribly, but she escaped, so that she might tell of Her savior and His love for her. Where one might see tragedy, she saw victory.

Paul said he learned to be content in properity and in poverty. We can all do the same, even though it is difficult and against our nature and against the nature of society. How can we do it? Only through resting in the peace and blessed assuarnce of eternity with our Savior in His kingdom to come.

Posts: 700 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by HisGrace:
I have had my share of trials and tribulations, and I just want everyone to know that, in spite of it all, I have lived a very victorious and blessed life!  -

Thank-you Jesus.

AMEN!!!! [clap2]

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank-you Caretaker and SoftTouch - great posts! [Smile]

I know I haven't been through near what many have been through, but to me I think I have had my share of trials and tribulations, and I just want everyone to know that, in spite of it all, I have lived a very victorious and blessed life!  -

Thank-you Jesus.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

AMEN Brother Drew!

I wonder if we lived in Sudan or China or some other awful place that puts Christians to death... persecutes them in the most horrible ways... What would our perspective be on this matter then?

Every day that I have to Serve our Lord and Savior I count as a Huge Blessing, because I can be Useful for HIS purposes.

Every day that my husband comes home to me safe and sound, I count that a Huge Blessing! I Thank the Lord for his safe return!

Every day that I take my son to a good Solid Christian School, I count that as a Huge Blessing!

Every day that I have enough food (and even the food that I Choose to have), I count that a Huge Blessing!

Considering these things and so many more, why would I dare to assume that my Father God owes me more? He Graciously and Mercifully gives me all my needs. When I "Ask" Him in Prayer to help in a situation, I am Confident that HE will Answer - but according to His Will and not how I may expect. I don't need to Positively Confess anyting beyond what is necessary for Salvation. HIS Promises are True and all I need to do is Trust and Obey.

--------------------

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My Dear Sister in Christ Jesus our Lord;

I see a great difference in praying for our Lord to meet our needs, and use us according to His perfect will, and those who appear to demand of God as some Heavenly vending machine.

He meets the needs of His children, He does answer prayer, often in ways we cannot even imagine.

The humble heart of the Servant once gave us an example of a prayer:

Matt. 6:
9: After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
10: Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
11: Give us this day our daily bread.
12: And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
13: And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

The spiritual heart of the servant spoke of trials and tribulations:

Romans 8:

26: Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
27: And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
28: And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
29: For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
30: Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.
31: What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
32: He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
33: Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.
34: Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
35: Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
36: As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
37: Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
38: For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39: Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

There seems to be a difference in the heart of a servant yeilding to the Master's will, and a heart which demands.

God bless you my Sister in Christ.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been tempted to get discouraged reading some of the posts in the past few days. I thought as Christians we were supposed to pull out all the stops and expect a brand new bushel of grace every morning as soon as our feet hit the floor. It looks like from reading some of the posts that we can expect blessings up to a point, but don't dare go over that line because one must also expect a portion of suffering to-day.

I guess I was mostly upset by the remarks concerning we "can't confess positive words", and some claim that it is not scriptural. How do we know for sure that this is not scriptural? There just may be a little verse tucked away in some corner of the Bible saying that we should do this.

This idea seems to be going against Jesus victorious message to us all, but instead we must squelch anything that is glorifying his power?

Who are these scriptures for anyway?
Mark 11:24 You can pray for anything; if you believe you have it, its yours.

Luke 10:19 And I have given you authortiy over all of the power of the enemy.

John 11:40 Didn't I tell you that you will see God's glory if you believe?

As far as "naming and claiming," that doesn't mean that we should be requesting to see a brand new 2005 Ferrari drop down onto our driveway. For instance, if there is a fellow employee with whom you are having a difficult time dealing with, what is wrong with naming and claiming a scripture over that situation???

I have problems and trials the same as anyone else, but I strive to become victorious over my problems. God has promised to fulfill our needs and through his timing is doing exactly that for me. We will go through dry periods while working on his timing, but he will give us double portions when we come out at the other end.

We are average wage earners. I have never ever wondered where my next dollar will come from to pay our bills. I have never gotten to the cash at the grocery store and have to count out my pennies to make sure I have enough money to pay for food.

Our house is paid for. The only debt we have is a once-a-month car payment, which I never have to worry about having enough money to cover. I have enough money to help many charities and occasionaly help our married son and daughter financially. We have no problems affording an occasional meal out in a restaurant.

Physically, I have always had excellent health. However, I seem to have an "intellectual" problem which I realized just within the last couple of years, must have been brought on by an incident with a ouija board when I was a child. My father had brought a ouija board into our home and had used it a few times. One incident so frightened my mother that she threw it into the garbage. ("the trash" in USA language lol)

I have my limits and the Lord has protected me from getting into many situations which could be overwhelming for me. In spite of it all, I have lived a very productive life with the Lord's guidance.

I know I am going to be healed some day, because othewise my testimony will remain in the limited confines of cyberspace. I am presently in a spiritual box.

This is the God I serve -
1 John 5:4,5 For whatever is born of God is victorious over the world; and this is the victory that conquers the world, even our faith. Who is it that is victorious over [that conquers] the world but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement