Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » Advice

Author Topic: Advice
tenboom155
Advanced Member
Member # 4358

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tenboom155     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope that you have already rebuked Satan by telling him that you are in Christ, and than being in Christ you are commanding him in the name of Christ to leave you alone--to leave you and all that God has given you. Give him a scripture stating your authority to command him (ie. "resist the devil and he will flee from you, or "greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world.") Claim the blood of Christ for this situation. Then turn it over to God to deal with it. "Now I turn this over to you Father, see to it that Satan obeys." Don't converse or argue with Satan. State the facts and leave the whole thing to the Father.
You may be amazed at the peace you recieve becuase you have believed that He will do it.
I am surprised every time this happens to me.
If you do not feel relieved and at peace, then don't do anything different until he pushes you.
That is what I do. And it hasn't failed me yet.

--------------------
My 2 Cents--pardon my poor spelling.

Posts: 52 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sometimes the Lord expects us to step out in total faith and submission, so that He has free reign to show his complete and mighty power.

Scarroll,somewhere in your prayer life I'm sure He has made it clear to you that you will begin a travelling ministry. Go back to that time and the scriptures, he probably laid out for you, and seek his face again.

You may just have to step out boldly in the face of your fears and proceed boldly. That is the way God works. He expects us to be totally dependent on Him. He will show up just in time to supply you with all of the strength you will ever need.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scarroll
Community Member
Member # 2567

Icon 1 posted      Profile for scarroll   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am writting in hopes of some good Biblical advice. I don't remember if I have stated in any of my previous post, but I was called to the ministry in Oct. 2003; several months after God healed me from cancer. (Praise the Lord!!!). As I began to fast and pray as to what area He had called me to, he placed on my heart that I was to go and pray for the sick and to bring the lost to Him. I begin ministering one on one and told my testimony to anyone that would listen,
several months later I became a volunteer Youth Director, and although I do feel that God has gifted me in this area; I also feel that something is missing.

For quite some time every time I needed a job the Lord has lead me to the right one; I never went to any place other than the one that He had sent me to. Now I am in need of a paying position the Lord has not lead me anywhere yet, but I feel that it may be time to start my traveling ministry; sharing what the Lord has done for me. The only problem is that now, this idea terrifies me. I have been in prayer about it, but the fear seems to cloud an answer. So my question to you is, do you feel that if it is in Gods plan that you will know without a doubt that you are suppose to do something?

Posts: 15 | From: TX | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement