Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » Dreams from God

Author Topic: Dreams from God
scarroll
Community Member
Member # 2567

Icon 1 posted      Profile for scarroll   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Usually these type of dreams happen when I have been praying for God to answer a question. And after the word(s) were interpeted I got my answer. The reason I asked is because I had never come across anyone else that this has happened to.

Thanks for your answers.

Posts: 15 | From: TX | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
scarroll says
quote:
I cannot come up with any other reason that I would encounter this unless it was from God.
It is not necessarily from God--what, for instance, is its purpose? I would think that whatever God does, would always have a salvation or similar purpose in mind.

I also think that Satan, who has been and currently is in all the countries of the world for centuries, is capable of reproducing languages to counterfeit the true language miracle gifts of the Holy Spirit.

When I was in India, I met a gury who supposedly could go into a state of consciousness he called Paravak, in which he could speak all the languages of the world. (I did not actually see him to that, however.)

The Holy Spirit might give someone the miracle of speaking a language (Greek, glossa) which that person had never learned, for the express purpose of convincing non-believers of the power of God.

An example would be an English tourist suddenly magnifying the works of the LORD in Russian on a train, and when the Russians asked him about it, they discovered that the English tourist could not speak any Russian other than what he had just uttered.

God bless, [Cross] BORN AGAIN

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scarroll
Community Member
Member # 2567

Icon 1 posted      Profile for scarroll   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Over the past two years I have had a few dreams that were in another langauge and once even begin to type in a different language. I have only studied a semester of Spanish and of German back in junior high, which was a very long time ago.

Sometimes the word is written sometimes it is verbalized. The Languages have included Romanian, Czech, and now Estonian. I can not come up with any other reason that I would encounter this unless it was from God.

Would like to know if this has every happened to anyone else.

Posts: 15 | From: TX | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes

I would weigh the content and message against scripture, and place scripture over the experiential if they conflict.

The supernatural can occur from God, and it can occur from Satan, for the Word declares that Satan himself can be transformed into an angel of light. It is critical to seek our Lord Jesus Christ, to be protected by the blood of Christ, and to have His presence within our hearts and guiding our pathway.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scarroll
Community Member
Member # 2567

Icon 17 posted      Profile for scarroll   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you believe that God gives us dreams with messages from Him?

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement