Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » Gifts of the Spirit?

Author Topic: Gifts of the Spirit?
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Sandyk, perhaps you would be willing to buy a $9 Christian paperback book called The Normal Christian Life, by Watchman Nee, a Chinese church founder and preacher/teacher who is now deceased but spent about 35 years in prison for his faith.

By using the book of Romans, brother Nee explains in very easy to understand language the basic principles of our Christian faith. The book changed my life and is the best Christian book I have ever read next to the Bible itself.

God bless, [Cross] BORN AGAIN

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sandyk
Community Member
Member # 4285

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sandyk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you so much for taking the time to answer me. Its obvious from your reply that I still have a LOT to learn [Smile]
Also still a lot that I want to learn. I almost feel as if I am starving to information!

Posts: 9 | From: Michigan | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It seems that to a large extent, it is not so much that we receive more divine gifts or talents or abilities, but much depends instead upon the surrender of our soul rule which began with Adam and Eve.

To the extent that a Christian has seen how hopelessly inadequate soul rule is (which was never designed to rule over us), and to the extent that a Christian instead is being ruled by man's spirit (1 Thes.5:23), to that extent will the Spirit of God be able to manifest His Gifts and His Talents and His Abilities through us.

That is, it is not so much that we come in possession of these gifts as if they are now ours, but rather that, when we live according to the spirit and not according to soul rule, we are able to pass the divine life as the Holy Spirit shines into our spirit and then from our spirit the Holy Spirit shines into our soul and from our soul into our body and out into the world.

And so the Spirit's gifts and talents are transmitted from heaven into earth, through us, rather than that we come to possess them personally because that would again puff up soul rule. "Look what I got!" "Look what I can do!"

God bless, [Cross] BORN AGAIN

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sandyk
Community Member
Member # 4285

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sandyk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was wondering if anyone knew how to figure out with gift(s)a person has recieved from the Spirit. I was baptised in the Spirit at an Intersessary prayer meeting and at that moment began speaking in tounges during prayer. I have read about the other gifts but I dont know how to discern what if any other gifts I have or will have. Does anyone have any info on this subject?
Posts: 9 | From: Michigan | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement