Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » Post your scripture and explain how it manifested in your life?

Author Topic: Post your scripture and explain how it manifested in your life?
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On first opening up this thread, I guess many of us feel overwhelmed as to which scripture to choose, because different scriptures will speak to us at different times,depending on the circumstances at the moment.

One which is speaking me to-day is
quote:
II Timothy 1:7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidation, but of power, love and self-discipline.
As Ripp keeps reminding us, we have to put on the whole armor of God, which includes the strong belt of truth and the breastplate of God's approval. Also, our feet have to be fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. Added are the shield of faith, and helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God.

Why do we have such a problem with fear, when intellectually we know that God will give us just the right answer against the enemy at the appropriate time, and he will always protect us with full His armor.?

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 15 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The heart of every issue is the issue of the heart! [thumbsup2]

This is a partial re-write of my favorite passage of scripture Psalms 51 (the way I say it from my heart to the Father's Heart) [type]

HAVE MERCY upon me, O God, according to Your steadfast love; according to the multitude of Your tender mercy and loving-kindness blot out my transgressions.

Wash me thoroughly [and repeatedly] from my iniquity and guilt and cleanse me and make me wholly pure from my sin!

For I am conscious of my transgressions and I acknowledge them; my sin is ever before me.

Against You, You only, have I sinned and done that which is evil in Your sight, so that You are justified in Your sentence and faultless in Your judgments. Yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

Behold, I was brought forth in [a state of] iniquity; my mother was sinful who conceived me [and I too am sinful]. Wherefore, as by one-man sin entered into the world and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

Behold, You desire truth in the inner being; make me therefore to know wisdom in my inmost heart.
Purify me with the Blood of your only Son Yeshua and I shall be clean; wash me and I shall [in reality] be whiter than snow.

Make me to hear joy and gladness and be satisfied; let the bones, which You have broken rejoice.

Hide Your face from my sins and blot out all my guilt and iniquities.

Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right, persevering, and steadfast spirit within me.

Cast me not away from Your presence and take not Your Holy Spirit from me.

Restore to me the joy of Your salvation and uphold me with a willing spirit.

Then will I teach transgressors Your ways, and sinners shall be converted and return to You.

Deliver me from bloodguiltiness and death, O God, the God of my salvation, and my tongue shall sing aloud of Your righteousness (Your rightness and Your justice).

O Lord, open my lips and my mouth shall show forth Your praise.

For You delight not in sacrifice, or else would I give it; You find no pleasure in burnt offering.

Remember Samuel said, Hath the LORD [as great] delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey [is] better than sacrifice, [and] to hearken than the fat of rams.

My sacrifice [the sacrifice acceptable] to God is a broken spirit; a broken and a contrite heart [broken down with sorrow for sin and humbly and thoroughly penitent], such, O God, You will not despise.

Do good in Your good pleasure to Your people; rebuild the walls of the Church.

Then will You delight in the sacrifices of righteousness, justice, and right living, with the living and holy sacrifice of my body, the reasonable service of the child of Yahweh. In this way I prove what the will of Yahweh is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect. For not every one that saith unto Yahweh, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Study
Advanced Member
Member # 3991

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Study   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WParr

Two thumbs up [thumbsup2] [thumbsup2]

God Bless you.

--------------------
http://www.biblenotebooks.com
The book no Christian should be without!

Posts: 364 | From: NJ | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[clap2] [clap2] Praise God, for His Mercies! [clap2] [clap2]

Beautiful, brother WParr, just beautiful!

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I loved that RIPP, few people realize that this scripture speaks of us as well as the Satan in the world or other people in the world.

Here is to ceasing from our own works...letting go and letting GOD!

Praise GOD, I am no longer a control freak .

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ripp
unregistered

quote:
You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world. [1 John 4:4]

Once I realized that I could let HIM be in control, I had peace and hope. No longer was I a slave to my flesh. I let Him live for me as much as I can and trust on Him. Praise God! [Prayer]
Study
Advanced Member
Member # 3991

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Study   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Here is to overwhelming victory! Amen! [thumbsup2]

I just had to bump this one up to the top. I think this is an awesome thread! I hope everyone will join in, almost all of us have some scripture in our signatures that are special to us. What a great way to share thanksgiving to God for his word!

[thumbsup2] [thumbsup2]

--------------------

Posts: 364 | From: NJ | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Here is to overwhelming victory! Amen! [thumbsup2]

I just had to bump this one up to the top. I think this is an awesome thread! I hope everyone will join in, almost all of us have some scripture in our signatures that are special to us. What a great way to share thanksgiving to God for his word!

HisGrace
unregistered

Oh boy, where do I begin.

My two most favourite words in the Bible for me to-day are overwhelming victory. They just show that one more battle has been won.

Romans 8:37 Despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ who loved us.

Study
Advanced Member
Member # 3991

Yes Linda there are a lot of scriptures.

May God Bless you. [hug]

--------------------

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Oh what a cool topic!!!!!!

I do not know how to chose there are so many, but I will chose the one in my signature and one that relates to it in my life.

Deuteronomy 30:19 I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:

This is one of the scriptures that GOD gave to me the day he delivered me instintaneously and forever from the Spirit of Depression that had tormented me for 8 years and cost me everything in my life and practically my very life.

I realized this day from this scripture that Salvation is completeness, wholeness, everything we need, nothing missing, nothing broken, in this life and in the one to come. Eternity begins here, Salvation begins here, it is not something we are living for, it is something we must live in. Jesus said to Martha... I AM the Resurrection! Martha was waiting for the life to come, the resurrection and he was standing before her! This life on earth can be blessed or cursed and the choice is ours. But we can only choose by realizing that Salvation, wholeness, completeness is NOW in Christ. The life we live we no longer live, but HE lives in us. We cant walk in flesh and sin if HE is the one walking in this body. Chose Life, walk in Spirit not in flesh and not in sin, that is to chose death.

Judaism saw their system of worship as a way to live, they expected to rise; They misunderstood why they would rise. Too much of the church knows why we will rise, but not how to live here and now. We have tried to make our own sycamour tree rather than be grafted into the good olive.

Anyway, sorry for the tangent...

From that Day forward, this became my promise and thanksgiving to God and my motto for living....

Joshua 24:15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

THose are my scriptures...

Study
Advanced Member
Member # 3991

Icon 17 posted      Profile for Study   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My scripture is Philippians 4:13 . I used to here this scripture quoted all the time in church and out of church. I really saw the manifestation of this scripture in my life for the first time the beginning of 2003 - 2004. When God show me a vision. I had no ideal on how to implement this vision. But through the process of having faith, believing on the Lord and repeating Phil. 4:13 I notice myself doing and pulling together this vision, which I know was beyond my knowledge to do. God lead me every step of the way. I give God all the glory!

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement