Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Questions & Answers   » There are some unique names here. Can I hear why you chose them?

Author Topic: There are some unique names here. Can I hear why you chose them?
Godbehere
Advanced Member
Member # 4187

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Godbehere     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've always been lousy at coming up with screen names. When asked for one on this site, I tried Truth Seeker and variations of Truth Seeker, but they were all taken.
I heard a persons last name once years ago (he was from Jamiaca), and it was Godbehere, and for some reason I thought of that, so I signed up with it, figuring I would change it later.
Then I found out you can't change your screen name (you LIED to me, Linda) [Smile]

Good idea for a thread, thanks Study!

--------------------
---------
Carl

For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face:now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

Posts: 50 | From: FL | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lonlesol
Advanced Member
Member # 4511

Icon 7 posted      Profile for lonlesol   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am fairly new on this board.
I chose this username a year and a half ago on another board and I kept the same for this board. It needs to be read 'lonely soul' because I felt that way at the time...
On the other message board I go regularly, I now have this verse under my username: 'My Lord and my God'..John 20:28
I am not alone anymore... [Smile]

Posts: 478 | From: Quebec | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PublicNewSense
Advanced Member
Member # 4339

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PublicNewSense     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PublicNewSense and Hannibal Lecture--I was on a board where people weren't very friendly and one said I lecture so I turned Lecter to Lecture and Nuisance to NewSense. I was just being silly.

--------------------
 -
If you were arrested for being a Christian, would there be enough evidence to convict you?

Posts: 61 | From: Seattle | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scarroll
Community Member
Member # 2567

Icon 10 posted      Profile for scarroll   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine is my first intial and my last name, but else where I go by gsltw-which is the intials of God so loved the world.
Posts: 15 | From: TX | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Psalm40
Community Member
Member # 4248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Psalm40     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Psalm 40 is one of my favorite psalms and I can relate to it well. Nothing exciting about that, but it's a GREAT chapter!

--------------------
"Behold, the Lord's hand is not so short that it cannot save; Neither is His ear so dull that it cannot hear." Isaiah 59:1

Posts: 10 | From: California | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As soon as I saw your name tenboom, I thought to myself. "I wonder if she is a Corrie tenBoom wannabe just like me?" She certainly was a remarkable woman. I'm sure you have read her book The Hiding Place.

There are many sites concerning her and there is one showing the museum that is on the site where she and her family lived.

web page

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tenboom155
Advanced Member
Member # 4358

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tenboom155     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love Israel and I would hope that if I were faced with needing to hide Jews, God would give me the same grace that He extended to Corrie tenBoom. She is my hero.
(Why are there no Jewish icons on this Board?)

--------------------
My 2 Cents--pardon my poor spelling.

Posts: 52 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Israel
Advanced Member
Member # 3254

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Israel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I go by Israel because I love the Nation of Israel and the Jewish people [clap2] My real name is Marilyn Crockett and I am a direct descendent of Davy. Although I never killed a bear when I was three... [pound] [crying]

Israel

--------------------
Psalm 122:6 Pray for the peace of Jerusalem; they shall prosper that love thee.

Posts: 97 | From: Indiana | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Just Passing Through
Advanced Member
Member # 1864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Just Passing Through     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just Passing Through---cause that is what I am doing---Praise The Good Lord.

--------------------
Gail

Posts: 145 | From: Okee. Fl | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Angelus
Community Member
Member # 2748

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Angelus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My name is a prayer.

Pax

Angelus

--------------------
I am already saved (Rom. 8:24, Eph. 2:5–8), being saved (1 Cor. 1:8, 2 Cor. 2:15, Phil. 2:12), and have the hope that I will be saved (Rom. 5:9–10, 1 Cor. 3:12–15).

Posts: 13 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eduardo Grequi is a shorten version of my birth name LOL Misach Ramon Eduardo Muiller-Grequi, but if I was born in Russia it would have been Muiller-Greshonwitz. My Grandfather name in Russia was weird. It means knowledge of the people from Groshen. Muiller is my mom's maiden name pronouced MOO YAY and after my grandfather left Russia to Prussia it was changed to GREQUI (Gray-KEY). Misach is hebrew for my heart but I think it is Ladino but have to honor my mom and say it is hebrew. I witness to the Latin people I am a multilinguist. I speak Spanish,Ladino,French,Italian,German,Yiddish,Englis,Hebrew and a dialect of Arabic but my favorite language is my love of music. So therefore it is to Identify to the hispanic population here in TEXAS/MEXICO border. Bienvenidos a Tejas/Mejico el pasiano.
Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lunarius
Advanced Member
Member # 4205

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lunarius     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Part of my job is to make up fictitious words because I use them in creating names and places for many projects I work on (games, stories, children's books, etc..)

I use mostly English, but also combinations of bits and pieces of words and concepts from modern, archaic, science fiction, foreign, and slang words to make other nifty sounding words.

Therefore, "Lunarius" is actually a simple concept: "Lunar" for the moon, because the moon is cool [Smile] and the suffix because I used to study Latin, and though I was not any good at it, I still LOVE the way it sounds when it is spoken.

--------------------
"Life is a song, love is the music"

Posts: 133 | From: Alabama (currently) | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marcalv
Member # 4135

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Marcalv         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My name is mark and I go to a church called calvary. I just put the two together.

--------------------
With a Mountain Dew in hand everything is good in the world.

Posts: 6 | From: PA | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DaveLissa
Community Member
Member # 2808

Icon 10 posted      Profile for DaveLissa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine, davelissa, is very easy.

My name is David and my wife's name is Melissa. Our website address is also davelissa.us.

Actually, in my "chatterbox days", I went as PunsAndMoses (because I like puns, and someone came along as GunsAndRoses, and I decided to put a Christian twist to it). I also had the nicknames "1Dave4Jesus," and "2ClvrByHalf" before.

You'll also see me in the Yahoo Message boards as AdvocateFreedom.

At this rate, you're probably wondering whether I'm omnipresent.... [youpi]

Dave

Posts: 13 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaurieFL
Advanced Member
Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaurieFL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Caretaker - awesome story!! I was blessed by it. My grandfather and father were volunteer firefighter. My father was the chief of his unit. He died in theline of duty May 12, 1995. I salute your sense of duty to your community.

Redkermit, cute name!

Me, I use Laurie a lot on the net. It is not my real name, I am sorry to say, although I have considered changing my name to it. I have had problems with a stalker in the not-so-distant past, so I try to not use my real name much. The FL part designates the state I live in,

Posts: 700 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Study
Advanced Member
Member # 3991

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Study   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cute story redkermit.

God Bless

--------------------
http://www.biblenotebooks.com
The book no Christian should be without!

Posts: 364 | From: NJ | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
redkermit
Advanced Member
Member # 4059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for redkermit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, redkermit is a username I use for just about every site that requires registration. I thought while registering I read that I would be able to change my public name to something else, so I continued with redkermit as my login ID. But, I haven't been able to figure out how to change my public name.

Anyway, redkermit came about one time when I was trying to think of something unique. I always loved Kermit the Frog (it's not easy being green, and it's not easy being a Christian), but of course Kermit by itself is hardly unique. I have red hair, so I added red to the front for redkermit. Now you know, and knowing is half the battle! [Smile]

--------------------
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked. (Ps. 84:10b)

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

Listen Online:
www.wmuz.com
www.997flr.org

Posts: 604 | From: Michigan | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
psalm119
Community Member
Member # 4056

Icon 7 posted      Profile for psalm119     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good morning!
I chose Psalm119 because of my love for God's Word, and Psalm119 is His Law. I love all of His Word, however, Psalm 119 is very special to me. I believe God gives us a name, and our parents give us a name, and names mean something. My name in real life is Lisa, which means consecrated to God, so of course I end up being bound to the Lord. I believe even the user names speak of our character.

Thanks for asking! Have a wonderful blessed day.

Psalm119 [spiny]

Posts: 7 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteEagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I choose WhiteEagle because the Lord has recently used the Great Bald Eagle to get my attention.

Isaiah 40:31"Those who trust in the Lord will renew their strength; they will soar like eagles; they will run and not grow weary; they will walk and not faint."

Psalms 103:5 "He satifies you with goodness: your youth is renewed like the eagle."

Posts: 1392 | From: Maine | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Study
Advanced Member
Member # 3991

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Study   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are some unique names here. Can I hear why you chose them and if they relate to a scripture?

Lots of new members lets continue, please.

--------------------

Posts: 364 | From: NJ | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Study
Advanced Member
Member # 3991

Thanks Caretake, it’s a beautiful scenery. If I’m ever out that way I’ll have to stop and take a look.

God bless and keep up the good work.

--------------------

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Study I corrected the link and added a second and they should work now.
God bless.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Study
Advanced Member
Member # 3991

Aaron is also my sons name and it is mentioned throughout the Bible.
Aaron is throughout the book of Exodus, Levitcus, Numbers, Deuteronomy, Joshua, Judges, 1 Samual, 1 Chronicles, Ezra, Nehemiah, Psalm, Luke, Acts and Hebrews.

--------------------

Study
Advanced Member
Member # 3991

Very interesting Drew, but the picture to the lake didn't work.

--------------------

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Y'all;

My handle "Caretaker" is from my job.

My name is Drew and I am out in the Flinthills of Kansas, and have been caretaking at a residential Lake and Park for 16 years now. I was 51 years old, September 12, stand 6'3'' and weigh 215-225 lbs,(less in the summer doing groundkseeping).. I am groundskeeper, security, volunteer fire fighter for 15 years, reserve sheriff's officer, wildlife manager, and the first emergency response for 20 minutes.

Have assisted on four heart-attacks,(one fatal, 3 successfully transported and recovered), car and boating accidents, curbing unlawful activity, boating safety, and both structure and wildfire control and suppression. We have 2 fire-trucks stationed here at the house, and 5 more trucks in a small town 5 miles away.

Jan, my precious one and I met in senior English, in high school, and were married a year after graduation. We have been married 32 years and we have three children and six grandchildren. To hear the patter of running little feet and the joy-filled cries of, "Pawpa" is God's greatest blessing in my life.

There is just a big ol' gray-haired country-boy, using two fingers to type, on this end of the internet. It was 27 years ago, (April 10, 1977), that I gave my heart to my Lord Jesus, and I just seek to serve Him, in whatever capacity He might choose for me. Just a simple old blood- bought, born again, Lake Baptized, crusty 'OL codger, that honors the Word of God, and scans a few BBs in the evenings, and early mornings, and figures that whatever we do unto the least of these we do unto our Lord Jesus.

The lake position was a direct answer to prayer. After almost 12 years in a meat-packing plant, I spent 4 years grounds-keeping, and shopping center/condominium maintenance. I was praying for a position which would provide room for my family,(we were in a 3-bedroom mobile home), and allow me to provide a higher standard of living for my family, as well as to serve others.

I did not take the local paper, but I got off early, and stopped-in at the bowling alley, where Jan was working part-time. Someone had left the paper on the counter, so I scanned the paper over a cup of coffee. I saw an advertisement for the position of caretaker. I went home and typed a resume and cover letter, and mailed it in. I found out later that it was a one-day ad, only in that particular paper.

There were 150 applicants, and they chose 20 of us by our resumes. I had a sense of peace about me, during the initial interview with 4 Lake Board members, and 5 of the 20 were called back for the second interview, with our wives, where we were interviewed by a 9 member panel, of cabin-owners who also happened to be bankers, lawyers, and business professionals. All through the process I had a sense of peace, which caused the interviews to flow.

I was chosen as the new caretaker, and began work March 10, 1988. We moved from a 3-bedroom mobile home into a two-story, 5-bedroom farmhouse at the lake, with rent, and all utilities provided. In the last 16 years I have graduated from Butler County Community College, Liberty Home Bible Institute, taken external classes through Liberty, completed an 80 Hour Part-time Officers Class through the local SO and the Kansas Law Enforcement Training Center, certified as a Level 2 Wastewater Operator, tested and received a certification as a Licensed Class B Fireworks Operator, a state pesticide license, and have a couple hundred hours training as a fire captain with the Dunlap Dist. #9 volunteers.

The job is a tremendous blessing when I am in a position to help an elderly couple change a flat tire on a 90+ degree day. The job is a blessing when I roll the truck and stand between a mobile home and a 10’ wall of brushfire sweeping-in from the SW at 25 mph. The job is a blessing when I see 4-year-old Jack Dechant, in his big yellow life jacket, with his little blue Disney fishing pole, pull-in an 18" Walleye on Memorial Weekend, 2002.

As caretaker for our Lake and Park I am a volunteer fire fighter for the last 15 years, a reserve SO for the last 8 years I believe,(time seems to slip away so quickly). Our lake has 180 cabin/lake-homes, 21 year-round residences, and on the 4th of July we experience a population of 2000 people, alot of alcohol, fast boats, big fireworks, and often dry wildland conditions. Can get to be "fun". I am the first emergency response for a minimum of 20 minutes, so I "get" to deal with a truly interesting microcosim of the human condition……

Basicly to live is Christ, and to die is gain for to be absent from the body is to be in the glorious presence of my Lord, so whether I be a mowing, skimming Blue-green Algae off the top of our wastewater pond, taking a high-powered boatload of drunken 20-year-olds off the lake, or picking-up broken bodies from a dune-buggy rollover at 2:00AM, it makes me no difference, for whatever it takes to serve my Lord, provide for my family, and to get the job done. I will sanitize the human waste off the privie seats, and I will dispatch trucks, manpower, put-on my airpack and attack that structure fire. It is all the same to me. It serves my Lord until He calls me elsewhere.

My apologies for rambling, and may God so bless each of you precious extraordinary children of the Living God.

This is our lake:

http://www.geospectra.net/kite/kahola/kahola.htm

http://terraserver.microsoft.com/image.aspx?t=1&s=13&x=453&y=2666&z=14&w=1

We have a missionary with the Blustem Baptist Association, who conducts Sunday worship services, in our shelterhouse. Brother Jim is a real blessing, and we have Ruth on the keyboard. It was amazing, for my seventh grade music teacher lives on a ranch about 8 miles west, and she and her husband Bill drive in from the ranch, and she leads the singing. It is so sweet to hear the awesome talent on the keyboard, and hear Mrs. Hatcher's clear soprano flowing forth from the stone shelterhouse.

I talk way to much....

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aaron
unregistered

It is my real name.
Although I wish to get a new one, some day. [Big Grin] (Rev 2:17)

Bless you,
Aaron

Ripp
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nothing fancy here. This is my gaming name I have used for a long time. I used to play online multi player games a lot before I was saved. It's something I truly enjoy and will have a hard time when Everquest 2 comes out. [Frown]
shon
Community Member
Member # 2833

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shon is my nick name for my name... i also have sayjak which my brother made up for me with my nitials of my full name. :-D

--------------------
SMILE BIG cuz JESUS LOVES YOU and so do I!!

Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 14 | From: Kansas | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Study
Advanced Member
Member # 3991

Thanks guys, I thought it would be interesting to know.

God Bless all.

--------------------

HisGrace
unregistered

You know, I just thought of something. This would be a great way for some of our more shy posters, who have registered but never post, to introduce themselves and get their feet wet.

We are waiting - would love to hear from you! [wave3]

HisGrace
unregistered

What a great idea Study! I have often wondered about your name Bat Elohim - pretty choice.

I chose HisGrace because only through his infinite mercy and grace am I saved, and I need a new supply of grace each morning to start my day. [Cross]

II Cor. 12:9
But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 21 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is my real name.

But on chat and others places I go by

knowHim

and that is because all must know Jesus Christ to be his child. If you don't know Him, I don't mean know of Him, but KNOW HIM. You will be in the wrong place one second after you die.

I want to know Him better everyday. Don't want to hear the words, "depart from me I knew you not".

[type]

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Favor Minded
unregistered

The Word teaches us that when we strive to follow Christ, we find Favor with the Lord.

Favor is used 151 times in the bible -

We are to be Favor Minded and expect God's Favor...

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me I am from Texas and I am a grandmother.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Study,

I choose becauseHElives, the song below says it all.

I choose the knocking hand, because Jesus is knocking and will come into any who will open to HIM.

Because He Lives

God sent His son, they called Him, Jesus;
He came to love, heal and forgive;
He lived and died to buy my pardon,
An empty grave is there to prove my Savior lives!

Chorus
Because He lives, I can face tomorrow,
Because He lives, all fear is gone;
Because I know He holds the future,
And life is worth the living,
Just because He lives!

How sweet to hold a newborn baby,
And feel the pride and joy he gives;
But greater still the calm assurance:
This child can face uncertain days because He Lives!

Chorus
Just because He lives!

And then one day, I'll cross the river,
I'll fight life's final war with pain;
And then, as death gives way to vict'ry,
I'll see the lights of glory and I'll know He lives!

Chorus
Just because He lives!

Words and music by William J. Gaither
copyright 1971
Matthew 28:6
"He is not here: for he is risen, as he said.
Come, see the place where the Lord lay."

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Study
Advanced Member
Member # 3991

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Study   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are some unique names here. Can I hear why you chose them and if they relate to a scripture?

I chose mines, because I have a thurst for more of Gods word.

II Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement